The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Heart, Soul, Memory. (A HSHC game) OOC 2 The remembering.

The year is 20XX. Everything at Sandstone High in California is going well for the students. Sandstone High is a unique sort of highschool. Instead of going from class to class, with different groups of students in each class, you stay in the same class for the most part. Meeting up with other classes for lunch and gym.

Everything changed when a new student was coming in, there was the normal amount of gossip, but even the angels in the class weren't prepared for this beyond beautiful new sorceress student.

You were just warned by the teachers to be easy on her.

Welcome one and all, to yet another supernatural game of High school harem.

You will be competing throughout the year for the heart and quite possibly the mind of Ophelia a beautiful sorceress from Elsewherelandia.

But poor Ophelia was struck by a tragic case of amnesia! She'll slowly get better over the year, but perhaps not before you can influence her a certain way.

Spoiler: Basic crunch
    Show

System: High School Harem Comedy
    Supernatural
    Archetypes and Advantages: 6 from two Archetypes. One quirk is allowed in place of one of your six abilities.
    Banned archetypes: Sensei-chan. You can not have 2 supernatural archetypes, unless one is Vampire.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-System-PEACH)

Spoiler: Special rules (Read this)
    Show

Ophelia right now is nearly a blank slate. Obviously before the accident, Ophelia was her own person with skills, interests, hobbies, and talents. However she remembers none of that.

That's where the special rules come in.

At the end of every episode (Of which there are 9), VP points will be totaled up. The person who got the most VP in the episode, will be given a success point. In addition, I will roll a 1d9. On a 9 nothing happens. On a roll of 1 through 8. I'll check a part of your character and sees how it compares mechanically to Ophelia's. If I roll a 1 it'll be what's your strong roll, and whether it matches Ophelia's. If it's a 2, it'll be what's your weak roll. If it's 3-8, it'll be what's ability is in slot 1-6. If that ability matches a ability Ophelia has she'll gain it no questions asked. However, should a strong roll, or a weak roll, or an ability not match what Ophelia has, we have a contest of wills. As rolls are made, I won't roll the same number twice.

Contest of wills.
    As memories start to pour in, the present Ophelia will feel overwhelmed by the memories and prior actions of Past Ophelia. Both the player that earned a success point, and Ophelia will participate in a special opposed roll of your choice of attribute. Should you lose, the Past Ophelia asserts herself and Ophelia gains the ability she would have had. Should you win, the influence you've asserted on Present Ophelia wins out, and even though she remembers those same past memories, she has changed in that aspect at least. Other players with left over abilities, can choose to use them on either the player with the success point, or Ophelia based on what they think is funnier, makes for a better story, because you stole their lunch, whatever. Though there is no mechanical effect in doing so.

As a protagonist Ophelia starts with base attributes, all at +1. A strong roll would make that +2, a weak roll, a +0. Ophelia can also only use abilities that she actually has access to. (As the game goes on, and Ophelia regains more of her memories, it becomes harder and harder to influence her.)

Spoiler: Ophelia's fluff
    Show

Height 5'03
    Weight Seems slim. Hold her to find out.
    Hair Blond
    Eyes Blue.
    Bra size 32-36 C-DD (Must get a character to inspect, or Ophelia must obtain shameless in some way to confirm)
    Favorite food humus and pita bread.
    Favorite color Dark purple.

Alignment (5/5)
    Ticks Good (6/10)
    Ticks Chaos (7/10)

Strong Luck
    Weak Conflict

Archetypes ?????/????? (Protagonist mostly irrelevant.)

Abilities
    Poker face: No one can really read your expression, since it rarely changes much in the first place. +2 on rolls involving telling lies.
    ?????
    Truant: Cutting class is a long-time habit of yours. +2 on Luck rolls to run into the protagonist outside of class during a school day
    Just as planned: Twice per episode, you may give +2 on another girl’s roll. If she receives VP as a result, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received, rounding up.
    Accident-Prone – You just can’t help but trip and fall in embarrassing positions. +2 on Luck rolls involving stumbles, falls, and accidents.
    School Queen :+2 on rolls involving NPC students other than the protagonist.
    ?????

Spoiler: Ophelia's journal
    Show

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Those are not most people's first memories, but then again most people's first memories extend further back then two months.

I am Ophelia Dawn. I woke up in a hospital bed two months ago. I had a man and a woman hover over me, proclaiming to be my parents. But I felt nothing. I didn't hate them, but I couldn't claim to love them.

I could see the hurt in their eyes as I tried to explain. How it seemed to rip their hearts apart. But.... How could I keep up a lie like that.

Within a week, after the doctors were convinced the only thing wrong with me was my memory, we returned home. I could tell my parents were hoping it would restore my memory.

Instead it felt like a strangers home..... The Ophelia that was, never kept a diary.. Or at least. Not one I could find... I won't make that mistake again.

I saw my classmates hungry eyes when I entered the class. I'm considered attractive. I will be asked out..... But how can I say yes, When I can't even remember who I am?

The PC's
    Player name Archetypes Sheet
    7th son of sons Ojou/Half-Foreign http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...52&postcount=5
    Zevox Pervert/Dojikko http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...73&postcount=2
    Esprit 15 Cuckoolander Meganekko http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=264
    Meriss Demon, Chuunibyou (Delusional Teen) http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...07&postcount=6
    AvatarVecna Ojou/Meganekko http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...19&postcount=3
    TheTechnognome Improved Eldritch Abomination/Improved Miko http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...&postcount=486

VP. (Accurate to post 445)

Character name VP this episode VP from past episode (SP)
    Alice 12 121 (11)
    Samantha 18 115 (12)
    Tachi 0 59 (3)
    Athena 11 80 (6)
    Emma 5 38 (1)

Spoiler: NPC
    Show

Spoiler: Students
    Show

Spoiler: Chris
    Show
    Chris

Height: 5'11
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Green

Disposition: Alice 6

One of Alice's friends who has a casually flirty relationship and occasional dates with her. He's a big fan of pro wrestling, and Alice's dates with him often involve watching that.

Spoiler: Jane
    Show

Jane

Height 4'09
    Weight ???
    Hair Black
    Eyes Green

Disposition Athena 4

One of the cheerleaders who's dense as a sack of hammers.

Spoiler: Julia Price
    Show
    Julia Price

Height: 5'6''
    Hair: Blonde

Disposition: Alice 6 [Just going with your number there.]

A longtime friend of Alice's who was the first girl she went out with, and a bit of a pervert. She tends to wear a lot of jewelry, which caused Alice to nickname her "Jewels" - though these days Alice will say the name refers to her small chest as well, which Alice finds cute.

Spoiler: Lissa
    Show

Lissa

Height: 4'08
    Hair: Brown

Disposition: Alice 6

Lissa is a girl who sits near the front of the class, generally acts very proper, and claims to be straight, but turned out to be very interested when Alice flirted with her. Alice has a standing offer for her to experiment with her in gym class whenever she decides she's ready.

Spoiler: Michael
    Show

Michael

Height 5'10
    Hair Brown
    Eyes Blue

Disposition Samantha 6

Christian, good mannered, a White knight.

Spoiler: Olive
    Show

Height 5'05
    Hair Blonde
    Eyes Blue
    Bust 36 DD

Disposition Athena 6

A very observant cheerleader. She's a senior and looks startlingly like she could be Ophelia's older sister. Perhaps a protagonist of her own story?

Spoiler: Tony
    Show

Tony

Height 5'05
    Hair Black
    Eyes Brown

Disposition Samantha 3

A ruffian.

Spoiler: Teacher/Adult
    Show

Spoiler: Mrs.Weil
    Show

Mrs.Weil

Height 6'00
    Hair Grey
    Eyes Blue

Disposition Samanatha 6

A strict tall lady. She is the history teacher of the team.

Spoiler: Natalie
    Show

Natalie

Height 5'10
    Hair Black
    Eyes Green

Disposition. Emma 10, Athena 6, Alice 4

A special needs aide of the school. Natalie was assigned to Emma, and one day was indoctrinated into the cult.

Last edited by Illven; 2019-08-27 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart, Soul, Memory. (A HSHC game) OOC 2 The remembering.

Spoiler: Samantha Manton
    Show
    Height: 5' 5"
    Weight: You never ask a lady such a question!
    Eye Color: Sky Blue
    Hair Style/Color: Shoulder-length, perfectly straight, pitch-black
    Skin Color: Lightly tanned
    Interests: Student Government, Debate Club, Political Theory, Romance Novels, Cooking, Ballet
    Archetypes: Ojou/Meganekko
    Strong Roll: Skill
    Weak Roll: Luck

Spoiler: Powers
    Show
    Connections (Quirk)

+2 on rolls involving teachers or other authority figures.

Dazzling Display

Twice per episode, you can force any other girls attempting a roll in the same scene to roll twice and take the lower result. "Contingency Plan" nullifies this effect if used in the same scene.

Foresight

Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may guess whether the result of your d6 will be even or odd. If you guess correctly, the result is counted as a 6.

Graceful

Twice per episode, you may substitute a value of 4 for any d6 roll.

Just As Planned

Once per episode, before an opposed roll involving you and at least two other girls is made, you may secretly inform the GM who you think will win the roll. If your guess is correct, your ridiculously contrived plan succeeds, and you win the roll instead.

Twice per episode, you may give +2 on another girl’s roll. If she receives VP as a result, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received, rounding up.

School Queen

+2 on rolls involving NPC students other than the protagonist.

Honor Student (replacing Foresight)

+2 on Skill rolls involving logic, puzzles, or academics.
    Spoiler: Background/Personality
    Show
    Samantha's family has a long history of involvement with politics, whether at the local level or the national; be it as politicians themselves, political aides, diplomats, or merely zealous activists, their dedication to seeing their country change for the better has been established for several generations. Needless to say, the family does not always see eye to eye on all the issues, making some familial relations tenser than others, but above all else, they have the sense of decorum and tact to not let their differing opinions allow them to treat those with who disagree with them any worse than anybody else: manners and civility, even in the middle of an argument, are important.

Such values have been passed on to Samantha as well, her teen years having seen her blossom into a lovely young lady. Through a combination of her top-notch grades, heavy involvement in politically-motivated extracurricular activities, and spotless permanent record, Samantha is a favorite of many teachers. Her closest friends are aware that the pressure her family puts on her to excel is getting to her more and more every day, but she does her best not to let it show, and usually succeeds rather admirably.

Ability Remaining Uses
    Dazzling Display 2/2
    Graceful 2/2
    Just As Planned 2/2

Samantha will speak in a lovely bold teal.
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: The Emerald Maiden (Emma Edwards)
    Show
    Height: 5'03
    Weight: How dare you ask a Goddess' weight!
    Species: Mermaid
    Hair: Red (Strawberry Blonde)
    Tail Color: Emerald Green

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Mr. and Mrs. Edwards used to be a completely normal couple, living ordinary lives in an ordinary house, complete with an ordinary white picket fence. The only thing that wasn't ordinary was that no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't have any children of their own. So they eventually decided to adopt one.

That was when their life stopped being ordinary.

For reasons that neither of them can probably remember anymore, they decided to adopt a bouncing baby mermaid rather than a human. And for reasons no one can probably justify, the adoption agency let them. The only thing was, even though they had made the necessary accommodations in their home to deal with a daughter physically suited for sea life, they had neglected to prepare their minds for raising one with an eldritch mindset. Thus, when their little Emma was learning to talk, and began to instinctively speak in the Tongue That Man Was Not Meant to Hear, this ordinary couple was driven over the edge into madness.

Thankfully, it wasn't the raving lunacy that drives a man to run into the street in their underwear with a butcher's knife slaughtering their neighbors. After all, mermaids are creatures of beauty, not bloodshed. No, they merely began to believe that little Emma was a goddess that chose them to raise and protect her, and that her eldritch babbling was her whispering ancient secrets to them, ones that would bring great rewards if they simply listened.

Of course, the neighbors in their gated community thought this was completely insane... At least at first. But the first few 'interventions' did not go so well, as with the mermaid girl being present and too young to understand what she was even doing, the neighbors (and the mailman oddly enough, even though he didn't attend a single meeting) more often than not ended up just as mad as her parents. Those that managed to keep a hold of their sanity eventually deemed the rest a lost cause, and either moved away or simply ignored the weekly midnight rituals (and occasional animal sacrifice) that had started in the Edwards' backyard pool. By the time Emma was old enough to start kindergarten, she was surrounded by what had become the foundation of the eldritch cult known as 'the Followers of the Emerald Maiden', all slavishly devoted to revering her as the goddess of the sea and... Well, a bunch of other things, depending on the mood the cult is in at the time.

This all had an odd effect on little Emma growing up. And why wouldn't it? After all, all her life she had been told she was the Emerald Maiden, the most precious treasure of the sea, selflessly living on land in order to help guide her devout followers to true happiness. And yet at school she was just Emma Edwards, the mermaid girl with the creepy human parents who wore those freaky homemade necklaces to PTA meetings. She did her best to reconcile the differences in worldviews, but by the fourth grade, the disconnect between her personal cult's teachings and the reality of her situation was almost too much for her to handle. She started going to school less and less, and was eventually pulled out of public school entirely in order to receive a 'more appropriate education' at the hands of her cult members.

Only recently has she been allowed to return to the public school system, after much begging and pleading with her parents to go to a 'normal school'. Soon after returning, those feelings of confusion over her identity returned, though this time she had gotten better at justifying the lack of true believers at school. Besides, this time, she wasn't alone. Rumors were abound of a sorceress who had lost her memories, and who had no idea who she was. Sounds like the perfect little human to guide to happiness... And the perfect friend for someone deluded enough to think it was her job to do so.

Spoiler: Appearance and Behavior
    Show
    Emma, or 'The Emerald Maiden' as she's called during official ceremonies and all the time by her more religious followers, is surprisingly humble for someone who has been raised to believe they are a goddess, especially since some would argue she actually has the magic to back up those claims. Then again, that is a really low bar to aim for in the first place. Emma tends to believe she is entitled to what she wants, and without given a very good reason will insist that it is given to her. And what she wants is usually the very best, which can cause problems if, say, someone gets the last slice of pepperoni on pizza day. She also has a habit of ordering people around, especially humans, as despite the growing identity crisis her time in public school has given her, she does genuinely believe herself to be a goddess, and thus deserving of being served by mere mortals. The effectiveness of this tactic varies outside of her own cult, but her natural beauty and charisma help convince the occasional passerby to obey her, if only for a little bit.

This arrogance is (thankfully) tempered by her being taught that her ultimate purpose is to teach others the secrets to happiness and prosperity, and she can be surprisingly kind and charitable when she's in a good mood. She also is willing to listen to others if they need someone to vent their problems to, even if they don't actually see it as praying to her for guidance. And while her claims of god hood may get on the nerves of other religious folk, she herself believes that people should come to her of their own free will, not through coercion or force (ironic, given how her own cult started). Thankfully for the sanity of her classmates, she no longer speaks the 'Divine Tongue' in front of mortals outside of religious services.

Appearance-wise, Emma is a rather small and thin girl, with curly red hair and a pretty face. She tends to alternate between wearing simple yet modern clothing, and an incredibly gaudy robe meant to show off her status as a divine being. In either outfit, she has also taken to wearing a lot of jewelry, usually bracelets and rings, which she insists has religious significance even though most of it can be found at the local (admittedly high end) jewelry stores with the exception of her necklace, an Emerald amulet with eldritch engravings that she is never seen without. Due to the tail that is her divine namesake, she gets around the school in her 'mobile throne', which is basically a wheelchair adorned with seashells, effigies of herself, and other odd trinkets, as well as a cup holder for her to keep a water bottle in. To her frustration, and her classmates' amusement, she is rather awkward handling it on her own, as she is used to having one of her cultists push her around. She also sometimes keeps a blanket over her tail when she is cold or needs the extra moisture it provides when damp, which she regards as a personal keepsake from her mother rather than a religious artifact.

Spoiler: Homebrew Build
    Show
    Strong Roll: Luck
    Weak Roll: Skill
    Archetypes: Improved Eldritch Abomination/Improved Miko

Advantages:

Shadow out of Time: You can extend your power and presence in a myriad of unfathomable ways to disorient your weak-minded competitors without their ever knowing. Twice per episode, you may force the other PCs to roll twice and take the lower result. “Contingency Plan” nullifies this effect if used in the same scene.

Shining Trapezohedron: You are linked to an unknown number of weird, warped artifacts around the world, and when people look too closely at them, they sap their strength to empower you. Your loyal followers worship you daily, and a couple of them just so happen to do so using a ritual that can transfer their power to you. Three times per episode, you may make an additional d4 Luck roll. On a success, someone somewhere has examined one of your artifacts performed said ritual, and you gain +2 to your current Conflict or Luck roll.

Reality Warper: You may not intend it, but sometimes a bit of your hidden power seeps into the mortal world around you, twisting it in strange ways that somehow always seem to benefit you, especially when you’re upset. +1 to Luck rolls if you used any Eldritch Abomination advantage other than this one in the previous scene. This bonus increases to +2 if you failed your roll in that scene.

Fortune Talisman: You shower good fortune upon yourself and the others. Twice per episode, you may give yourself and one of the other girls +2 on your next roll.

Maiden’s Garb: Your traditional form of dress is oddly appealing in modern times. +1 on Allure rolls while wearing your shrine maiden’s outfit. This bonus increases to +2 if you attend a school where a uniform prevents you from wearing it as your normal clothing, because seeing you in it is then rarer and more special.

Heir to the Dojo Mandate of the Emerald Maiden (Quirk): All the regulars back at the dojo Followers of the Emerald Maiden just love to dote on the master's daughter their appointed goddess, even if it means intruding a bit on her love life. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed roll as a success if having other people assist you would be helpful.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Alice will be speaking in Purple.
    Spoiler: Alice Alston
    Show
    Name: Alice Alston
    Height: 5’10’’
    Weight: Wouldn’t you like to know?
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Blue

Attributes: Strong Luck, Weak Skill.

Archetypes: Pervert/Dojikko (Clumsy Girl)

Advantages

[Quirk] Thaw Out - Sometimes you just need to drop your cold exterior to make your true feelings known, even if it flusters you a bit. Once per episode, you may use this ability to take +2 on Allure and Luck rolls and -2 on Conflict and Skill rolls for the next three rolls. This ability cannot be used during the duration of Deep Freeze.

[Pervert] Shameless – Your casual attitude towards erotic situations gives you the confidence to flaunt what you've got. +2 on Allure rolls involving nudity or extremely revealing clothing.

[Pervert] Peeping Tom – You have a sixth sense when it comes to finding people in the middle of changing. +2 on Luck rolls involving peeping or walking in on embarrassing situations.

[Pervert] Touchy-Feely - You’re plenty willing to shove your chest in peoples’ faces or otherwise invade their personal space to get their attention. +1 to Allure rolls involving physical contact with the protagonist or NPC students.

[Dojikko] Accident-Prone – You just can’t help but trip and fall in embarrassing positions. +2 on Luck rolls involving stumbles, falls, and accidents.

[Dojikko] Easily Forgiven – It’s hard to get frustrated with you despite the mistakes you made. Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Skill roll as a success.

Background
    Alice has always been a bit of a clutz, constantly seeming to find new things to trip over, whether it makes sense to anyone else or not. Fortunately though, she’s the kind of girl who can laugh at her own misfortunes, which helped turn her clumsiness from something that got her made fun of to something her classmates just laughed with her over. She has always made friends easily, and is generally outgoing and cheery, something which hasn’t really changed going into High School.

What did change were her interests, and fast. Puberty hit her early, which would have been obvious enough from how her body quickly changed, but was even more so when she quickly discovered and embraced her bisexuality – helped along by her generally-permissive parents ignoring her early discovery of online porn and willingness to buy her almost any kind of clothes she wants, in the name of letting her “express herself.” She has become very flirty with anyone she finds at all attractive, which can be annoying to some people, particularly straight girls, but also earns her a lot more attention. She’s quick to make out with those that return her flirtations, and even sometimes goes on individual dates with them, but so far has insisted that she’s not interested in a “serious” relationship, so she’s never had a real boyfriend or girlfriend, only friends she has casually flirty relationships with. This attitude has also turned her clumsiness into a blessing in disguise, since tripping into or around other people can often put her in situations she’s all too happy to be in.

Appearance
    Alice is a tall girl with a striking, curvy figure that she developed surprisingly fast as puberty hit. Her large chest in particular tends to get her a lot of attention, which she relishes. Her hair is raven black and she wears it very long, down well past her shoulders, and loose, with the only accessories in it a couple simple clips keeping it out of her eyes. She wears a large array of outfits that are all intended to show off her body - some of which test the limits of what the school will allow her to wear, so she often has extras stuffed in her backpack, just in case. She occasionally wears some simple jewelry as well, but it’s often nigh invisible due to how eye-catching her clothes themselves tend to be.

Spoiler: People Alice talks about...
    Show
    Jeff – Alice's friend. A hunky basketball player.

George – Alice's friend. Nerdy and a little shy, but becomes a flirt with those he's comfortable around. Bisexual.

Tina – Alice's friend. A tomboyish "playa" type who is just as flirty as Alice, but is only into girls and doesn't have Alice's hesitations over sleeping with her girlfriends. She has occasionally dated Alice despite being disappointed that she hasn't been able to get her into bed. Currently seeing Sarah.

Mr. Robins – Friend of Alice’s parents, whom they have threesomes (at least) with.

Heather – Girl in another class, tall, huge breasts.

David – Football player, “beefcake.”

Trish – Swim team member, smaller chest, hot ass. Dating Andy.

Andy – Catboy, “stick-figure” -like and not very attractive (to Alice). Dating Trish.

Keith – Swim team member, attractive with his shirt off.

Miranda – Varsity cheerleader captain, extremely hot. Alice walked in on her making out with her boyfriend in the locker room while mostly naked.
    ----Her boyfriend is unnamed, attractive but not as much as her, may play soccer.

Liam – Catboy, soccer player, good-looking legs.

Sarah - Blonde cheerleader. Alice walked in on her making out with and being groped by Tina in Ep 1 Scene 8, and she has been seeing Tina since. Closeted, dislikes Alice because she knows her secret and doesn't trust that she won't tell anyone.

Ability Tracking Episode: 9
    Ability Uses Scene(s) Used Ongoing Effect
    Easily Forgiven 0/1 3 N/A
    Thaw Out 1/1
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-05-12 at 10:40 AM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, I won't have to click a link to get to my sheet now!
    Spoiler: Athena
    Show
    Archetypes: Cuckoolander Meganekko

Strong skill: Skill
    Weak skill: Allure

Spoiler: Advantages
    Show
    Just As Planned: You're good at going with the flow of events, capitalizing on opportunities as they present themselves. Twice per episode, you may give +2 on another girl’s roll. If she receives VP as a result, you receive a VP bonus equal to half of what your target received, rounding up.

Non Sequitur: Nobody seems that surprised when you do something entirely irrelevant to the matter at hand. Twice per episode, you may voluntarily take a -1 penalty on a roll of any type and use one of the other three roll types in its place.

Honor Student: You’re intelligent and naturally talented at schoolwork. +2 on Skill rolls involving logic, puzzles, or academics.

Foresight: When you’re able to correctly guess the results of your own actions, you can capitalize even on the worst of situations. Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may guess whether the result of your d6 will be even or odd. If you guess correctly, the result is counted as a 6.

Contingency Plan: You always keep an extra option up your sleeve in case something randomly goes wrong with Plan A. Twice per episode, when making a roll, you may roll twice and take the higher result.

Now It's On (Quirk): Nothing gets you worked up like losing to some frilly, feminine girl, and you can really kick some tail when you're in the mood. Whenever you lose an opposed Allure roll, you gain +2 on your next Conflict or Skill roll. This ability does not stack with itself to provide any bonuses larger than +2.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Name: Athena Coi

The universe is far more strange and unforgiving than you could ever dream.

Sex: F
    Height: 5' 0"
    Weight: 95 lbs
    Eyes: Icy Blue
    Hair: White with brown tips
    Morality: Lawful, Evil
    Body Type: Could pass for a (pretty) boy, save for her face

Being the outcast is hard. You don't have the right interests, you don't like the same personality traits in people as others, and everyone you meet somehow seems to be a complete imbecile! But, Athena manages, though mostly by ignoring them all and retreating mentally within herself. She was intelligent enough to skip grades, but her family refused - if she can't socialize with people her own age, odds were that her problems would only worsen among people who she fit in even less with. For the most part, she stays quiet in class, though gladly reminding everyone how easy these classes are for her when she does speak up.

When Ophelia appeared in school, Athena ignored the girl at first. Someone of great power and beauty, but without the mind to wield it. A shame and waste. Yet... Somehow she began to feel herself drawn to the girl, blood rushing to the surface of her skin the few times she spoke to her. While she was familiar with the chemical responses associated with attraction, the release of dopamine and serotonin in her brain while at the same time lowering the constant stream of norepinephrine that she had become accustomed to, the feeling itself was new. Perhaps she would interact with the other girl some more... for the sake of sating curiosity, of course.

Just as Planned: 0/2
    Non-Sequiter: 0/2
    Contingency Plan: 1/2
    Foresight: 2/2
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2019-08-24 at 08:19 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi will be speaking in Lilac

Tachi

Spoiler
    Show

Tachi is your average everyday high school student. If it wasn't for the bright red skin, tiny black horns and pointy tail, that is. Tachi is a demon, recently reborn in the area. Tachi was offered a scholarship to Sandstone High and the incubus has been doing well aside from some minor objections from the more "positively aligned" students.

This all changes when Ophelia arrives, Tachi is convinced that the sorceress' soul is bound to him... somehow... now, he will do anything to posses his soulmate. Anything.

Spoiler
    Show

Name: Tachi
    Height: 6'
    Body Type: Bishonen
    Eyes: Violet
    Archtypes: Demon, Chuunibyou (Delusional Teen)
    Strong Roll: Allure
    Weak Roll: Conflict
    Abilities: Faustian Pact, Speak of the Devil, Temptation, Destiny’s Bond, Soldier of Sin, Shameless

[Demon] Faustian Pact(Rebalanced): Tachi can grant devilish gifts to his competitors, knowing all the while that the cost for a demon’s services is always greater than it first appears. Twice per episode, you may give +2 on another girl’s roll. On the next roll in which both you and your target participate, she takes -2 on her roll and you gain +2 on yours.

[Demon] Speak of the Devil Rebalanced Advantages: Tachi has the uncanny ability to show up anywhere that someone is talking about him. +1 to Luck rolls if any NPC or player other than you said your name in the previous scene or at the start of the current one.

[Demon] Temptation: Tachi's charms are the perfect tool for drawing Ophelia into his grasp, assuming he doesn't put her off in the process. Twice per episode, you may take +2 on an unopposed Allure roll. If you are successful, you also take +1 on your next roll. If you fail, you take -2 on your next roll.

[Chuunibyou] Destiny's Bond: Fate draws Tachi and Ophelia together! Once per episode, you may treat a failed unopposed Luck roll as a success.

[Demon] Soldier of Sin Rebalanced Advantages: Tachi delights in the other girls’ sorry attempts to mimic his sinful charms. Gain +1 to rolls in any scene where at least two other PCs make Allure rolls.

[Quirk] Shameless: Tachi's casual attitude towards erotic situations gives him the confidence to flaunt what he's got. +2 on Allure rolls involving nudity or extremely revealing clothing.

Ability Tracking Episode: 8
    Ability Uses Scene(s) Used Ongoing Effect
    Faustian Pact 2/2 SC: -2 to opponent, +2 to self
    Speak of the Devil SC: N/A
    Temptation 2/2 SC: 1 +1 on success, -2 on failure
    Destiny’s Bond 1/1 SC: N/A
    Soldier of Sin SC: N/A
    Shameless SC: N/A

Glossary of 1920s slang

Spoiler
    Show

The twenties were the first decade to emphasize youth culture over the older generations, and the flapper sub-culture had a tremendous influence on main stream America; many new words and phrases were coined by these liberated women. Many of these are still used today!

Slang of the 1920s

Ab-so-lute-ly - affirmative

All Wet - describes an erroneous idea or individual, as in, "he's all wet."

And How - I strongly agree!

Applesauce - an expletive same as horsefeathers, As in "Ah applesauce!"

Attaboy - well done!; also Attagirl!

Baby - sweetheart. Also denotes something of high value or respect.

Balled up - confused, messed up

Baloney - nonsense!

Bank's closed - no kissing or making out - i.e. - "Sorry, Mac, the bank's closed."

Bearcat - a hot-blooded or fiery girl

Beat it - scram or get lost

Beat one's gums - idle chatter

Bee's Knees - an extraordinary person, thing, idea; the ultimate

Beef - a complaint or to complain

Beeswax - business, i.e."None of your beeswax."

Bell bottom - a sailor

Berries - That which is attractive or pleasing; similar to bee's knees, As in "It's the berries."

Bible Belt - Area in the South and Midwest where Fundamentalism flourishes

Big Cheese - The most important or influential person; boss. Same as big shot

Big six - a strong man; from auto advertising, for the new and powerful; six cylinder engines

Bimbo - a tough guy

Bird - general term for a man or woman, sometimes meaning "odd," i.e. "What a funny old bird."

Blind Date - going out with someone you do not know

Bluenose- An excessively puritanical person, a prude, Creator of "the Blue Nozzle Curse."

Bootleg - illegal liquor

Breezer - an convertible car

Bronx Cheer - A loud spluttering noise, used to indicate disapproval. Same as raspberry

Bull - (1) a policeman or law-enforcementofficer including FBI (2) nonsense (3) to chat idly, to exaggerate

Bull Session - Male talk fest, gossip, stories of sexual exploits

Bum's rush - ejection by force from an establishment

Bump Off - To murder, To kill

Butt me - I'll take a cigarette

Caper - a criminal act or robbery

Carry a Torch - To have a crush on someone

Cash - a kiss

Cash or check? - Do we kiss now or later?

Cat's Meow - Something splendid or stylish; similar to bee's knees; The best or greatest, wonderful.

Cat's Pajamas - Same as cat's meow

Chassis - the female body

Cheaters - Eyeglasses

Check - kiss me later

Ciggy - cigarette

Clam - a dollar

Copacetic - Wonderful, fine, all right

Crush - An infatuation

Daddy - a young woman's boyfriend or lover, especially if he's rich

Dame - a female

Dapper - a Flapper's dad

Darb - An excellent person or thing (as in "the Darb" - a person with money who can be relied on to pay the check)

Dead soldier - an empty beer bottle

Deb - an debutant

Short Richard - a private investigator

Dogs - feet

Doll - an attractive woman

Dolled up - dressed up

Don't know from nothing - don't have any information

Don't take any wooden nickels - Don't do anything stupid

Double-cross - to cheat, stab in the back

Dough - money

Drugstore Cowboy - a guy that hangs around on a street corner trying to pick up girls

Dry up - shut up, get lost

Ducky - very good

Dumb Dora - a stupid female

Earful - enough

Edge - intoxication, a buzz. i.e. "I've got an edge."

Egg - a person who lives the big life

Fall Guy - Victim of a frame

Fire extinguisher - a chaperone

Fish - (1) a college freshman; (2) a first timer in prison

Flat Tire - A dull witted, insipid, disappointing date. Same as pill, pickle, drag, rag, oilcan

Flivver - a Model T; after 1928, could mean any old broken down car

Flapper - A stylish, brash, hedonistic young woman with short skirts & shorter hair

Fly boy - a glamorous term for an aviator

Frame - To give false evidence , to set up someone

Gams - A woman's legs

Get a wiggle on - get a move on, get going

Giggle Water - An intoxicating beverage; alcohol

Gin Mill - An establishment where hard liquor is sold; bar

Glad rags - "going out on the town" clothes

Gold Digger - A woman who associates with or marries a man for his wealth

Goofy - in love

Hair of the Dog - a shot of alcohol

Handcuff - an engagement ring

Hard Boiled - a tough, strong guy

Hayburner - (1) a gas guzzling car (2) a horse one loses money on

Heebie-Jeebies - The jitters

High-Hat - To snub

Hit on all sixes - to perform 100 per cent; as "hitting on all six cylinders"

Hooch - Bootleg liquor

Hood - hoodlum

Hoofer - Dancer

Horsefeathers - an expletive ; same usage as applesauce

Hotsy - Totsy - Pleasing

It - Sex appeal

Iron- a motorcycle

Jack - money

Jake - OK, as in, "Everything is Jake."

Jalopy - Old car

Jane - any female

Java - coffee

Jitney - a car employed as a private bus. Fare was usually five cents; also called a "nickel"

Joe - coffee

John - a toilet

Joint - an establishment; possibly a club, usually selling alcohol

Juice Joint - a speakeasy

Keen - Attractive or appealing

Kisser - Mouth

Left holding the bag - (1) to be cheated out of one's fair share (2) to be blamed for something

Level with me - be honest

Line - Insincere flattery

Live wire - a lively person

Middle Aisle - To marry

Mrs. Grundy - A priggish or extremely tight-laced person

Moll - A gangster's girl

Neck - Kissing with passion

Nifty - great, excellent

"Now you're on the trolley!" - Now you've got it, now you're right!

Nobody Home - Describes some one who is dumb

On the lam - fleeing from police

On the level - legitimate, honest

On the up and up - on the level

Orchid - an expensive item

Ossified - a drunk person

Owl - a person who's out late

Palooka - (1) a below-average or average boxer (2) a social outsider, from the comic strip character Joe Palooka

Pet - Same as neck, but more so

Piker - (1) a cheapskate (2) a coward

Pill - (1) a teacher (2) an unlikable person

Pinch - To arrest

Pipe down - stop talking

Pushover - A person easily convinced or seduced

Putting on the Ritz - after the Ritz hotel in Paris; doing something in high style

Rag-a-muffin - a dirty or disheveled individual

Razz - to make fun of

Real McCoy - The genuine article

Ritzy - Elegant (from the hotel)

Rubes - money or dollars

Sap - a fool

Says you - a reaction of disbelief

Scram - Ask someone to leave immediately

Sheba - A woman with sex appeal (from the move Queen of Sheba) or (e.g. Clara Bow)

Sheik - A man with sex appeal (from the Valentino movies)

Shiv - a knife

Sinker - a doughnut

Speakeasy - An illicit bar selling bootleg liquor

Spifflicated - Drunk. The same as canned, corked, tanked, primed, scrooched, jazzed, zozzled, plastered, owled, embalmed, lit, potted, ossified or fried to the hat

Spiffy - An elegant appearance

Spoon - to neck, or at least talk of love

Struggle Buggy - the backseat of a car. A parent's worst nightmare

Stuck On - Having a crush on

Swanky - Ritzy

Swell - Wonderful. Also: a rich man

Take for a Ride - To drive off with someone in order to bump them off

Tin Pan Alley - the music industry in New York, located between 48th and 52nd street

Tomato - a female

Torpedo - A hired gun

Upchuck - To vomit when one has drunk too much

Wet Blanket - a solemn person, a killjoy

What's eating you? - What's wrong

Whoopee - To have a good time

You slay me - that's funny

Important NPCs

Spoiler
    Show

Amanda Price

Relationship: Mother
    Eyes: Brown

Personality: Amanda Price always put her career first. But when she turned 30 and there were no offers out there, she decided to take the practical route and create her own family. She got artificially inseminated. Imagine the architect's disappointment when she discovered she'd had a miscarriage and now was carrying a demon. But Amanda never gives up. She had her child and is now trying to raise him properly.

Darlatackahomerus aka Darla

Relationship: Friend
    Hair: White
    Eyes: Gold
    Skin: Ebony

Personality: Darla is in every sense the ultimate succubus. Gorgeous, flirty, legs and tits for days. She often allows herself to age to 18-20 years old and leaves it that way.

Last edited by Meriss; 2018-10-05 at 09:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Are we good to move on?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, good to go.

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm okay with it. Not a lot to do this scene at the moment, at least for me.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, same as with last scene, I've got nothing for this one.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

11. - Top - End - #11

People have 24 hours to post.

12. - Top - End - #12

Spoiler
    Show

Allure
    Tachi (1d6+4)[9]

Skill
    Athena (1d6+3)[9]
    Sam (1d6+3)[5]

Luck
    Emma (1d6+1)[3]
    Alice (1d6+3)[6]

Tachi, and Alice gain +1 VP with Ophelia, Athena gains +3 VP with Ophelia.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-09-03 at 12:58 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Are we good to move on?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I suppose so.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think so.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Yeah, I think so.
    Please post a turn before being ready to move on.

(I put up the IC post a half hour ago.)

Honor student can apply, but I want a description of like a flowchart.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-09-09 at 02:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

People have 24 hours to post.

18. - Top - End - #18

Spoiler
    Show

Allure
    Tachi (1d6+4)[7] (1d6+4)[5] (1d6+4)[5]

Skill
    Athena (1d6+2)[8] (1d6+2)[3] (1d6+2)[7]
    Sam 7 (1d6+3)[9]

Luck
    Emma (1d6+3)[5] (1d6+3)[6]
    Alice (1d6+5)[9] (1d6+5)[10] (1d6+5)[6]

Sam gains +1 VP with Ophelia.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-09-12 at 09:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

So close... So far...

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    So close... So far...
    Yeah, same here. Double disadvantage is some rough stuff...

21. - Top - End - #21

We good to move on?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, let's.

23. - Top - End - #23

Someone needs to post.

24 hours to post.

24. - Top - End - #24

So while people post hopefully. Any npc's you think need to be added to the list?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Was it a large party? I was operating on the assumption that it was a small get-together, hence the small group activities.

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Yeah, I'm going that Sam's post is going to need her inviting people if she wants to trigger school queen.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Sam has had a couple friends with her basically the entire episode. It's not a large party exactly, but it's a rather varied attendance, and she wants everybody to have fun because things haven't been going too well. In any case, Scene 9 is part of the same "pizza party" scene, where I helped Ophelia keep calm and successfully order pizza, and Grace is mentioned by name as being present. She's already here, and her being here wasn't a problem last scene, so unless she's been kicked out of the party since then...
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Sam has had a couple friends with her basically the entire episode. It's not a large party exactly, but it's a rather varied attendance, and she wants everybody to have fun because things haven't been going too well. In any case, Scene 9 is part of the same "pizza party" scene, where I helped Ophelia keep calm and successfully order pizza, and Grace is mentioned by name as being present. She's already here, and her being here wasn't a problem last scene, so unless she's been kicked out of the party since then...
    That's a fair counterargument.

29. - Top - End - #29

So, my mother just died.

If we end up having a wake, I may have severely reduced or non existent posting during the duration of a wake, I'll keep you all informed.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So, my mother just died.

If we end up having a wake, I may have severely reduced or non existent posting during the duration of a wake, I'll keep you all informed.
    Damn, man. My condolences. Take whatever time you need.

Show