The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart, Soul, Memory. (A HSHC game) OOC 2 The remembering.

Well now, dang. Part of this may come down to the final roll, then.

With the scores as they stand, barring something utterly crazy happening, Sam is guaranteed to gain at least 1 SP, so she will be a winner, probably the winner. But there's some possibilities depending on how many VP the last roll is worth.

If it's worth 4 or more VP, Alice could still win the episode if she gains VP and Sam doesn't, in which case the game ends in a tie.
    If it's worth 3 VP exactly, Alice could tie the episode if she gains VP and Sam doesn't, which doesn't stop Sam from winning the game on the whole, but does give Alice a shot at changing Ophelia's last ability. And if she manages to do that and give Ophelia Shameless, I think she'd consider that a pyrrhic victory of sorts.
    If it's worth 2 VP or less, it doesn't matter and Sam just wins in all regards.

Not exactly great odds for Alice, but honestly a bit better than I was expecting.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

2. - Top - End - #452
    Colossus in the Playground

Are we good to move on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

If no reaction from Sam is forthcoming, I suppose so.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    If no reaction from Sam is forthcoming, I suppose so.
    I'd intended to, for once, but RL illness made issues. Honestly it's probably just as well given what I'd had planned for Sam.
    Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

5. - Top - End - #455

24 hours to post

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #456

Spoiler
    Show

Allure
    Athena (1d6-1)[3] (1d6-1)[3]
    Sam (1d6+4)[5]

Luck
    Alice (1d6+7)[11] (1d6+7)[8]
    Emma (1d6+3)[7] (1d6+3)[7]

Alice wins +4 VP with Ophelia.

Alice what abilities would you like to try to apply to the roll?

And anyone else wanna try to help or harm?
    Last edited by Illven; 2019-10-12 at 06:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

...wow. Holy crap, Alice got a 1 on that roll, but so did Sam, and Emma fell just 1 point behind her. Goddamn, that's a close final roll. And a tie ending. That is going to make for a weird epilogue.

Anyway, shouldn't we get the reveal of what Ophelia's last ability is here ? I know it's in the slot that Alice has Shameless, but not what it is.

As for what to apply to the roll-off, well, I've still got Thaw Out going (yay, saving that for the end actually doing what I hoped!), which works whether we go with Allure or Luck. Besides that though it depends on what you'll give me to the roll.

I'd think if I go Allure, I could apply both Shameless itself (obviously applies to influencing Ophelia to become such) and Touchy-Feely (closely related, Alice gets feely whenever she's trying to use her shameless charms), for a +5 total. For Luck I could technically get better if somehow get both Accident-Prone and Peeping Tom apply, but I'm struggling to think how to justify them... maybe Accident-Prone because accidents could cause clothes get to torn, and Peeping Tom... being friends with someone who's such a peeping tom has made Ophelia feel more at ease with the idea of people seeing more of her?

Yeah, won't blame you at all if you say no to the Luck options, I'm stretching there for sure.

8. - Top - End - #458

...wow. Holy crap, Alice got a 1 on that roll, but so did Sam, and Emma fell just 1 point behind her. Goddamn, that's a close final roll. And a tie ending. That is going to make for a weird epilogue.

Anyway, shouldn't we get the reveal of what Ophelia's last ability is here ? I know it's in the slot that Alice has Shameless, but not what it is.

As for what to apply to the roll-off, well, I've still got Thaw Out going (yay, saving that for the end actually doing what I hoped!), which works whether we go with Allure or Luck. Besides that though it depends on what you'll give me to the roll.

I'd think if I go Allure, I could apply both Shameless itself (obviously applies to influencing Ophelia to become such) and Touchy-Feely (closely related, Alice gets feely whenever she's trying to use her shameless charms), for a +5 total. For Luck I could technically get better if somehow get both Accident-Prone and Peeping Tom apply, but I'm struggling to think how to justify them... maybe Accident-Prone because accidents could cause clothes get to torn, and Peeping Tom... being friends with someone who's such a peeping tom has made Ophelia feel more at ease with the idea of people seeing more of her?

Yeah, won't blame you at all if you say no to the Luck options, I'm stretching there for sure.

Remember how my desktop fried.

(I'd have to refigure out what Ophelia's last ability was.)

I can see Accident prone as a. "Well you're going to tear them anyway may as well get used to it." But not peeeping tom.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Remember how my desktop fried.

(I'd have to refigure out what Ophelia's last ability was.)

I can see Accident prone as a. "Well you're going to tear them anyway may as well get used to it." But not peeeping tom.
    Okay. Though, you kind of need it anyway for if Alice fails to change it, right? And so if the others want to support it they can justify how things apply?

And yeah, not surprised there. In that case Alice can get the same to both, so may as well go with the more appropriate Allure. Thaw Out, Shameless, Touchy-Feely = +5.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-10-13 at 04:13 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460

Okay. Though, you kind of need it anyway for if Alice fails to change it, right? And so if the others want to support it they can justify how things apply?

And yeah, not surprised there. In that case Alice can get the same to both, so may as well go with the more appropriate Allure. That Out, Shameless, Touchy-Feely = +5.
    Crap you're right! I shall do so after work.

11. - Top - End - #461

Okay, I'm like 85% sure, it was stay cool, so that's what we're going with.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Guess I'll support Shameless

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm like 85% sure, it was stay cool, so that's what we're going with.
    Strangely appropriate for Alice to be trying to change, since that's like, the opposite of her entire character.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Guess I'll support Shameless
    Really? I'm surprised, I assumed that with Tachi out, Alice was going it alone on trying to do that. What's Emma helping with?

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Straight Luck, most likely. Not sure I have anything else that would be relevant.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Just whatever’s left of my abilities to contribute to Ophelia.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Straight Luck, most likely. Not sure I have anything else that would be relevant.
    Hm, I have currently set Alice to rolling Allure, but could change I suppose, I get the same modifier either way. Although, looking at your abilities, would Maiden's Garb apply? IIRC you have it as too revealing to be worn at school, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Just whatever’s left of my abilities to contribute to Ophelia.
    By my count, you have one Contingency Plan and both Just as Planned unused. Also, if you could somehow justify Honor Student, I suppose there's Non-Sequitur to turn skill into allure/luck.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-10-16 at 03:40 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

People have 24 hours to post for the battle of wills.

18. - Top - End - #468

Spoiler
    Show

Alice (1d6+5)[9]
    Ophelia (1d6+2)[6] (1d6+2)[8]

Ophelia's thaw out is replaced with shameless.

Also interesting note, I remember my whole point of keeping VP from each episode was to serve as a tiebreak. So, Alice may just outright win.
    Last edited by Illven; 2019-10-22 at 01:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Also interesting note, I remember my whole point of keeping VP from each episode was to serve as a tiebreak. So, Alice may just outright win.
    ...no way.

Honestly, personal gut opinion, I'd kinda feel bad about that. After thinking that the absolute worst that Sam could do was tie, and her leading the whole game by a mile, and the fact that she'd probably just be the winner (either outright or by VP tiebreaker) had Vecna not missed so many scenes in episode 8, it'd feel like she was cheated if Alice suddenly just won outright by that slimmest of margins.

20. - Top - End - #470

...no way.

Honestly, personal gut opinion, I'd kinda feel bad about that. After thinking that the absolute worst that Sam could do was tie, and her leading the whole game by a mile, and the fact that she'd probably just be the winner (either outright or by VP tiebreaker) had Vecna not missed so many scenes in episode 8, it'd feel like she was cheated if Alice suddenly just won outright by that slimmest of margins.
    It was in one of the first posts of the OOC thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=20

And it's not like you made Vecna not post.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Don't feel bad. If Sam had won this roll I would've dropped the game, maybe with a final RP post about Sam moving away that I was semi-setting up through the episode. I shouldn't have played her in a serious game in the first place, and it was more about making a point about JaP to start than anything else. Alice earned the win, even if the dice and mechanics disagreed (EDIT: WHICH THEY DIDN'T, IT SHOULD BE SAID). Sam almost maybe might have stolen a win by gaming the system instead of roleplaying and having fun. For the kind of fun that playing Sam was, knowing Sam would've won if I'd not abandoned the game for a month is fun enough. For the kind of fun that was watching the actual relationship develop between Alice and Ophelia, knowing Alice won in the end is also fun enough.

Now go be useless lesbians with your love elemental girlfriend.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-10-22 at 09:41 PM.
    Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

It was in one of the first posts of the OOC thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=20

And it's not like you made Vecna not post.
    Objectively, both true and fair. But that's why I said it was a personal gut feeling - it's a subjective reaction on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Don't feel bad. If Sam had won this roll I would've dropped the game, maybe with a final RP post about Sam moving away that I was semi-setting up through the episode. I shouldn't have played her in a serious game in the first place, and it was more about making a point about JaP to start than anything else. Alice earned the win, even if the dice and mechanics disagreed (EDIT: WHICH THEY DIDN'T, IT SHOULD BE SAID). Sam almost maybe might have stolen a win by gaming the system instead of roleplaying and having fun. For the kind of fun that playing Sam was, knowing Sam would've won if I'd not abandoned the game for a month is fun enough. For the kind of fun that was watching the actual relationship develop between Alice and Ophelia, knowing Alice won in the end is also fun enough.

Now go be useless lesbians with your love elemental girlfriend.
    If that's what you were planning and how you feel, alright, I can accept that. Though I wonder if you're seeing something I'm not when you talk about Alice and Ophelia's relationship, since honestly, I don't feel like I ever did anything special with her. With Tanya over in the other game I put in effort thinking over her character and how to play her throughout the game; with Alice the thought process never went too much beyond "well, I made Tanya kind of a prude, so playing a pervert this time might be a fun change of pace." And, like I think all of us at this point, I definitely feel like I've kind of been coasting to the finish line for a little while now, aside from occasionally wracking my brain for how to get her harder bonuses to rolls.