The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Heart, Soul, Memory. (A HSHC game) OOC 2 The remembering.

I think I mentioned that she gets to pick, it's just usually her best.... hm..
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I think I mentioned that she gets to pick, it's just usually her best.... hm..
    *shrug* If that"s what we're going with, it's fine. I just wasn't able to find anything one way or the other except for the OP quote two of my posts ago that says tge episode winner picks the attribute we use. If that's been chamged since then, Skills vs Luck is about the same as Skill vs Skill.
    Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I've used up all my powers. So Tachi supports Splash Magnet but can't effect the roll.

4. - Top - End - #154

Athena's foresight will add to Sam.

Ophelia will use her skill and school queen, along with fortune talisman.

Spoiler
    Show

Sam (1d6+5)[10] (1d6+5)[10] Foresight odd.
    Ophelia (1d6+4)[8] (1d6+4)[8]

Ophelia gains just as planned.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-02-26 at 07:17 PM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Dang. That actually could've gone the other way if she'd rolled Luck too.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Can she actually use JaP? I thought protags couldn't gain VP.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Can she actually use JaP? I thought protags couldn't gain VP.
    Can't gain VP, but if we get a roll where she participates for some reason, she could use it to boost someone. Probably won't happen though.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Um, did you forget to roll for Shining Trapezehedron? Not that I think it matters, since it would give her a ten vs. Sam's eleven, but still: it's the principle of the thing.

9. - Top - End - #159

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Um, did you forget to roll for Shining Trapezehedron? Not that I think it matters, since it would give her a ten vs. Sam's eleven, but still: it's the principle of the thing.
    Does it apply to skill checks?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Does it apply to skill checks?
    Right... wait, why was she rolling Skill when I gave her that buff almost immediately?

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Right... wait, why was she rolling Skill when I gave her that buff almost immediately?
    I'm pretty certain that Vecna was right in that Ophelia rolls the same. Unless you can dig and find evidence of the reverse.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Alright, fair enough. Sorry, kinda glossed over that.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Technically, Ophelia had a 10 anyway, since Emma gave her a Fortune Talisman as well that seems to be missing. Unfortunately, that's still 1 short of tying, and everything else we had to give her was for if she did a Luck roll.

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Technically, Ophelia had a 10 anyway, since Emma gave her a Fortune Talisman as well that seems to be missing. Unfortunately, that's still 1 short of tying, and everything else we had to give her was for if she did a Luck roll.
    Technically she had a 9. I forgot her average roll is +1.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Poke poke?

Edit: Oops! I was the one who hadn't posted yet.
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-03-13 at 02:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

I haven't either. I should probably get on that. >.>
    Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

17. - Top - End - #167

Spoiler
    Show

Allure
    Tachi (1d6+5)[11]

Skill
    Athena (1d6+3)[5]
    Sam (1d6+3)[6]

Luck
    Alice (1d6+3)[8]
    Emma (1d6+1)[2]

Tachi gains +3 VP, Sam gains +2 VP, Alice gains +1 VP.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-03-13 at 03:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

We good to move on?

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, I would say so.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I suppose so.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Well, because Alice is Alice, awkward questions must be asked. How high is this new girl flying - just sort of hovering a bit off the ground, or noticeably over everyone's heads? And if the latter, is she wearing a skirt?
    Last edited by Zevox; 2018-03-28 at 12:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Well, because Alice is Alice, awkward questions must be asked. How high is this new girl flying - just sort of hovering a bit off the ground, or noticeably over everyone's heads? And if the latter, is she wearing a skirt?
    Hmm. You know what, let's see d100 time

(1d100)[42]

Skirt yes, but she's flying pretty low.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-03-28 at 12:51 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173

People have 24 hours to post.

24. - Top - End - #174

Sam, I'm going to need you to justify School queen. This is the new kid's first day, how would rumors have started?

Also. Please fluff Dazzling display, you have a blank check, how are you wowing the group.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Sam, I'm going to need you to justify School queen. This is the new kid's first day, how would rumors have started?

Also. Please fluff Dazzling display, you have a blank check, how are you wowing the group.
    Her first day in this school, not her first day existing. Unless she moved into a lone house at the top of a hill or something, she moved into a neighborhood close to the school, which given the school size makes it not exactly unlikely that somebody knows there's a new kid. That the new kid is floating just makes it more likely they would've remembered her too. Of course, it's possible my experience with this kinda stuff isn't entirely accurate, but FWIW there were three kids in my classes that lived just a few houses away from my house, and all four of us lived a good three miles out from the school so it wasn't just a matter of straight-up proximity. It's possible that the school districts in...wherever this is set which I totally didn't forget by the way are in an area with a higher population density (and thus, a smaller area that goes to an individual school, probably) making it less feasible that somebody would live close enough to have gotten a good look at Lady Floats-a-lot, but she seems like the kind of person that rumors could get circulating pretty quickly if the person who noticed bothered spreading the word even a bit. Honestly, given the kind of world we're in, and the kind of school we go to, it's more likely that rumors started circling because of "supernaturally attractive" rather than "flying", although both together just makes it even more mysterious and curiosity-peaking.

You've definitely got a point about DD, though, I'm not really RPing it. I'll fix that...
    Many thanks!

26. - Top - End - #176

Okay, fair enough school queen accepted.

27. - Top - End - #177

Spoiler
    Show

Allure
    Alice (1d6+5)[7]
    Tachi (1d6+4)[9]

Skill
    Athena (1d6+3)[7]
    Sam 9

Conflict
    Emma (1d6)[6] Shining (1d6+1)[6]

That +2 went to the wrong person. Tachi, Athena, and Sam tied.

Tachi gains +3 VP, but as Athena and Sam went for contradictory reasons, I'll have a tie break roll.
    Last edited by Illven; 2018-04-01 at 01:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

Sam (1d6)[5]
    Athena (1d6)[3]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

For the record Rachel/Angelica is angel blooded yes? And I get to decide how Tachi's chaos aura reacts to her, correct?

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    For the record Rachel/Angelica is angel blooded yes? And I get to decide how Tachi's chaos aura reacts to her, correct?
    She's not angel blooded, she's a full celestial.

You can pm me suggestions for that.