Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: XCOM 2 is on sale 60% off...

Plus, the mere chance of combokilng a one-shot kill on a chosen is priceless (grenade vulnerable+reaper adversary+remote start=one shot kill)

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Throwing the claymore doesn't end your turn, so you can shoot it with your Reaper, and it will never reveal. It lets the Reaper deal a startlingly large amount damage with no risk. In many ways it solves the same problem as remote start, but it's more flexible. One of the best things about Reapers is that, unlike using a Ranger to scout in vanilla, they can actually contribute wile scouting, by either blowing stuff up or finishing off wounded enemies; the skill that means they don't reveal from kill-shots is mandatory for me.

Another option is to trigger it with a ranger. If you're too far away to get a good shot, and worried that running forward would trigger more aliens, the claymore lets the shotgun be useful still.
    Even better, trigger it with a grenade. Can frequently oneshot a Chosen or an entire pod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Derby, UK and Bleak Despair battlestation. Species: Spirit-Bound Skeletal Lich (Lawful Evil)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeaMustFlow View Post
    Even better, trigger it with a grenade. Can frequently oneshot a Chosen or an entire pod.
    Hmm.

Not considered that one. Mind you, I've only just figured out how they work, like, at ALL, so...!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by boomwolf View Post
    Plus, the mere chance of combokilng a one-shot kill on a chosen is priceless (grenade vulnerable+reaper adversary+remote start=one shot kill)
    I had the very sad case of the Warlock being the Reaper Adversary...but also immune to explosions.

So he got shot with lasers instead. I love the laser guns mod.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheTeaMustFlow View Post
    Had a good combo earlier today. Reaper was ahead scouting, spotted an Andromedon and friends. Threw a Homing Mine at him, then popped a Killzone over their patrol path from my sniper in the back, and put everyone else on overwatch. The screen filled with flames and plasma and everything died. Conclusion: Homing Mine is extra fun.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    I had the very sad case of the Warlock being the Reaper Adversary...but also immune to explosions.

So he got shot with lasers instead. I love the laser guns mod.
    Whoever is Adversary of the Reapers dies in a hail of Vektor shots as they get Banished.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Spoiler
    Show

Retired or on Hold

Spoiler
    Show
    Razak Na'jzur - Druid/Spirit Incarnate
    Mikael of Torm - Cleric of Torm
    Kargun Imrakson - Rune Bearer (Ex Shield Breaker, Miner)
    Drake - Tech Priest
    Demetrius - ArchivistCloistered Cleric/Berzerker
    Nixios Delta-Rho (Tech Priest)
    Jo'Hanrik Stormstrider - Warblade

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Whoever is Adversary of the Reapers dies in a hail of Vektor shots as they get Banished.
    That would have happened, if my Reaper was high enough rank for that. Been getting so much more use out of my Templar, Infantry and Infiltrator (Modded classes, both very fun)
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, yea.
    So far I notice I take my reapers out the most, but they don't level quite as fast, as I tend to reserve them to scouting and only nabbing assured kills or combo setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.