New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: XCOM 2 is on sale 60% off...

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Indeed. Cant offer any solution in either place, outside of her hitting a wounded unit once im past Mag/Plate i haven't seen them kill many soldiers ~ have had some dubious captures happen when a charge into melee failed to kill it and then it dazes, caps and leaves
    I know she's getting stronger as story progresses, but I am, as far as I can tell, on par with where I should be research wise. It's stilll very early game after all.
    Oh well.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ive never seen her wear the Mask till late game
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Hey btw, this game looks interesting. Worth keeping an eye on?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Hey btw, this game looks interesting. Worth keeping an eye on?
    I've heard nothing but good things about Phoenix Point so far, but I'm not like following its development or anything. From what I've seen it looks interesting.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Worth keeping an eye on? Sure. Or rather, why not?

I find these games can be made or broken by something so minor that a review may even fail to mention it. Something like a broken weapon combination, a turn limit, a single enemy type you just don't like fighting... So sure, keep an eye on this game, but short of watching gameplay demos (closer to release, at a time when the game's more representative of what you'd end up buying) it'd be hard for me to tell whether I'd like it.

As far as I have read, this game is mostly being sold on Julian Gollop's fame, and I don't know what Julian Gollop has done other than the original Xcom and Chaos Reborn, which I have not played, so I really don't know if he's a true game design genius or if he just got lucky and stumbled on something great with the original Xcom. I don't think Chaos Reborn did so well.

The game was also apparently very thoroughly funded, so if it turns out to be a dud, you'll at least not feel like a lonely sucker.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.