Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Results 301 to 308 of 308
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Quote Originally Posted by Awun View Post
    Regarding the Nexus, when adding their Planar Detonation damage to a weapon-like veil attack, is it only the base damage or can they take essence burn for the increased damage? Similarly, can the tier 2 abilities of the Convergences be activated during such attacks?
    You can absolutely take essence burn to apply the increased damage from planar detonation to a
    weapon-like veil attack. This is also true of the Tier 2 convergence powers, though this does mean that you'll be doubling up on the amount of essence burn you'll be taking: 1 to modify the blast damage, and 1 to apply the Tier 2 effect.
    Note that this does mean you can only do this with elemental effects since all of the Tier 2 convergences only apply when dealing the damage type(s) provided by the Tier 1 ability. A 10th level Hells nexus could fire off a 10d10 cone of fire by taking 2 points of essence burn, but could not deal piercing damage with the cone.
    Last edited by Ssalarn; 2018-05-22 at 04:54 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ElfWarriorGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    You can absolutely take essence burn to apply the increased damage from planar detonation to a
    weapon-like veil attack. This is also true of the Tier 2 convergence powers, though this does mean that you'll be doubling up on the amount of essence burn you'll be taking: 1 to modify the blast damage, and 1 to apply the Tier 2 effect.
    Note that this does mean you can only do this with elemental effects since all of the Tier 2 convergences only apply when dealing the damage type(s) provided by the Tier 1 ability. A 10th level Hells nexus could fire off a 10d10 cone of fire by taking 2 points of essence burn, but could not deal piercing damage with the cone.
    Great, thanks for clearing that up.
    "Across the rift of battle, a bridge of gossamer. And for one moment, it holds."



    Wolfen
    Codex Advocare
    Fate/D20
    Stranger with the Burning Eyes: Conversion
    The Fey Marshal and The Umbral Overseer

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mithril Leaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Hey, got a question about the Flexible Forms trait in the Zodiac book, specifically in reference to The Archer constellation. If I were to use the trait to add the Orc Hornbow as a form The Archer could take, would it also have automatically scaling strength for the composite portion?
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ssalarn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Hey, got a question about the Flexible Forms trait in the Zodiac book, specifically in reference to The Archer constellation. If I were to use the trait to add the Orc Hornbow as a form The Archer could take, would it also have automatically scaling strength for the composite portion?
    Yes, it would work just like the default composite longbow form of The Archer and always have a strength rating equivalent to its wielder's Strength bonus.

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Quote Originally Posted by calyst View Post
    4th level lunar, with halfling fcb or extra essence feat from human makes it possible to summon a cr 9 marid and as long as its not killed its hp refreshes by leaving it gone for an hour. It shouldn't be possible to summon something that is twice+ your own level in CR. Need some kind of essence cap by level on what can be burned for a single constellation.
    With the same investment you could also summon all three of the archer, lion, and ram. Not saying that the quantity equals quality, but Iíd want to see it in play before passing judgement on that one.

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mithril Leaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Quote Originally Posted by NomGarret View Post
    With the same investment you could also summon all three of the archer, lion, and ram. Not saying that the quantity equals quality, but Iíd want to see it in play before passing judgement on that one.
    Furthermore, those 3 companions could all be Buraqs, granting you some nice veil additions.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    khadgar567's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    turkey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    yep we are playing lucy heartafillia as lunar since the summon multiple celestial spirits are in the class as well and if i not forgetting uro meteoria is one of the veils as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.


  8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2015

    Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

    Iím guessing since Devilís Barbs are not explicitly called out as a weaponlike veil they do not add the bleed damage of Bloodeaterís Belt, but Iím not 100% sure. Thoughts? Wrong but reasonable?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •