New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    So I'm personally quite interested in the Radiant, is there any more information (even if vague) about the companion or specific veils it is looking at getting?
    I like to tease so...

The companion feature's strength depends on bind location and essence investment.

My playtesters loved it.

Too vague?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Quote Originally Posted by AlmaPenzare View Post
    Hey Ssalarn, as we draw closer to the closing hour, I wanted to ask; it says on the kickstarter page the project won't happen if you don't hit the 28k goal. Is this true? It seems like so much work has already been done on the project it would be such a shame to throw it away if you're behind 1k
    Historically,last 24 hours are really large.And i can't see them not selling essentially twenty books in sixty hours.
    Especially books this good.It's like APG all over again.Remember when Paizo actually made good splatbooks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    The companion feature's strength depends on bind location and essence investment.
    So this is a class feature and not,say,Title veils.Which says something already.
    Even though i do want more of them Title veils!These are awesome!
    Last edited by Draacul; 2017-09-07 at 12:14 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut View Post
    Wow, good catch, Nom! I can't speak for Ssalarn, but I'm 99% sure that the missing full description of Improved Essence Capacity was an oversight, and should be included. The Nexus appears to be the most capable veilweaver when it comes to essence capacity, gaining it earlier than the Guru, and even gaining the second and third increase sooner than the Vizier!
    My guess is that he was unconsciously trying to stuff more awesome around his wordcount. We will get the ability text in there.

4. - Top - End - #64

NecromancerGuy

Hey Ssalarn, as we draw closer to the closing hour, I wanted to ask; it says on the kickstarter page the project won't happen if you don't hit the 28k goal. Is this true? It seems like so much work has already been done on the project it would be such a shame to throw it away if you're behind 1k
    Yes, Kickstarter is an all or nothing platform. If we don't fund for some reason it would be... very unfortunate... given the amounts of money we have already dedicated to art, content, graphic design and editing. Fortunately with a little more spreading of the word, we might not have to travel that road.

5. - Top - End - #65

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draacul View Post
    Historically,last 24 hours are really large.And i can't see them not selling essentially twenty books in sixty hours.
    Especially books this good.It's like APG all over again.Remember when Paizo actually made good splatbooks?

So this is a class feature and not,say,Title veils.Which says something already.
    Even though i do want more of them Title veils!These are awesome!
    Veilweaving is a class feature. Here I go being Sphinx-ish. But to further confuse the issue what if I said you could invest essence in the companion through 2 different channels?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Will we be getting something Akashic that focuses heavily on buffing your allies?
    The Radiant has an entire class feature centered around defensive party buffs, as well as a variety of buffing veils.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut View Post
    Wow, good catch, Nom! I can't speak for Ssalarn, but I'm 99% sure that the missing full description of Improved Essence Capacity was an oversight, and should be included. The Nexus appears to be the most capable veilweaver when it comes to essence capacity, gaining it earlier than the Guru, and even gaining the second and third increase sooner than the Vizier!
    Definitely a mistake there, Christen and I will get it fixed. The Nexus gets 3 capacity buffs as described in the table.

It is unfortunately true, but I think we're on pace to make it at this point!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

cool Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    Veilweaving is a class feature. Here I go being Sphinx-ish. But to further confuse the issue what if I said you could invest essence in the companion through 2 different channels?
    The only thing missing is some manifesting and i'm sold.
    What?It's not too much a stretch after Rajah's full veilweaving and full initiating.
    "The Radiant has an entire class feature centered around defensive party buffs, as well as a variety of buffing veils."
    This does sound suspiciously like titles.
    Last edited by Draacul; 2017-09-07 at 12:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm personally quite interested in the Radiant, is there any more information (even if vague) about the companion or specific veils it is looking at getting?

Let's see... I teased a few of the veils from one of its sets earlier in this thread, but it will have several nature-themed veils, including a veil with a bind that can whisk you away into a tree you set up as a "regeneration chamber" when you're mortally wounded. Companions it has available through veils include (but may not be limited to) unicorns, shambling mounds, treants, and tiny angels. It's pretty essence intensive, but if you want to play a healer with one uber-pet, I've found that using your Vivification class feature, Shape Veil, and maxing essence on the companion veil itself leads to a pretty impressive and extremely durable pet monster. I've also tried some fun stuff like using Shared Veil to turn my treant into the center of an expanded channel energy burst, but that's technically not too different than stuff you could do with AM. There are some really useful new buffing auras that work great on the larger pets though. The radiant's new veils also include a few different ways to raise the dead, from a reincarnation ability that can auto-revive the radiant a limited number of times per week (and still be manually used on an ally) to an effect sort of like breath of life. Those are in addition to the classes built in condition removal, resurrection, and other buff/healing options.

The only thing missing is some manifesting and i'm sold.
    What?It's not too much a stretch after Rajah's full veilweaving and full initiating.
    "The Radiant has an entire class feature centered around defensive party buffs, as well as a variety of buffing veils."
    This does sound suspiciously like titles.
    Considering the fact that the radiant was something I originally announced and worked on under the name Vedist a couple years ago, it's more like Titles are suspiciously like Vivifications

But the radiant can invest essence directly into their allies for 1 major base effect and then customize that effect further with selectable buffs that "ride" on the base effect without requiring additional investment, and has a significant pool to draw on for essence.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    but it will have several nature-themed veils
    Quick question:Do you actually get control over that treant?Because it doesn't say so in the veil.
    But the radiant can invest essence directly into their allies for 1 major base effect and then customize that effect further with selectable buffs that "ride" on the base effect without requiring additional investment, and has a significant pool to draw on for essence.
    But no manifesting or initiating.Oh well.Still has uses,i guess.Player in my campaign is playing a Medic for some reasons.Which might or might not include Bladewolf-shaped ambulance.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick question:Do you actually get control over that treant?Because it doesn't say so in the veil.
    Yes. For trimming space there will be general companion rules in the final document instead of having to repeat "The treant understands any language you speak and follows your orders to the best of its ability. " for every single companion veil. That'll all be wrapped into the general rules for akasha going forward.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yes. For trimming space there will be general companion rules in the final document instead of having to repeat "The treant understands any language you speak and follows your orders to the best of its ability. " for every single companion veil. That'll all be wrapped into the general rules for akasha going forward.
    Neato.CR8 piece of wood at level 7 might actually be worth two feats.And apparently there are more of them pet veils coming?
    Nice!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Neato.CR8 piece of wood at level 7 might actually be worth two feats.And apparently there are more of them pet veils coming?
    Nice!
    Keep in mind the preview versions are not final. CR above character level pets seem unlikely in the final.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Keep in mind the preview versions are not final. CR above character level pets seem unlikely in the final.
    In this specific case,i have no problem with it.The thing is the size of a house(so will not fit in a house),has DPR of 3rd level character and...well,it's a pile of hitpoints.
    At least it's not COMPLETELY useless like that silly zombie from a ring.If only there were two...then at least you could've use them as backup dancers.
    Update:i've been told how to make two zombie back-up dancers with that ring.I withdraw my complaints.
    Last edited by Draacul; 2017-09-08 at 04:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    Excellent point. While all of the veil abilities and creatures are evaluated individually and not just by CR, we'll be making updates and adjustments accordingly for all of the preview veils to ensure they're well-balanced for the final product.

In this specific case,i have no problem with it.The thing is the size of a house(so will not fit in a house),has DPR of 3rd level character and...well,it's a pile of hitpoints.
    At least it's not COMPLETELY useless like that silly zombie from a ring.If only there were two...then at least you could've use them as backup dancers.
    The zombie actually tracks right alongside an animal companion with more immunities, equivalent offense, debuffing, and slightly fewer hit points. It's far from completely useless.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

And funded! >Fires the confetti cannons<
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Clanhold Warden - Dwarf Racial Archetype for Dreamscarred Press' Warder
    Glorious Thunder - The God's own wrath as a Paladin's ranged option.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sayt View Post
    And funded! >Fires the confetti cannons<
    Planar feats would be nice though.Manual of the Planes and Planar Handbook were...disappointing.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hot damn! Its funded!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Woo! Congratulations everyone on the team. I was starting to get worried, so I was telling my friends and friends of friends to back it, damn happy to see all your work will pay off. So hyped!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Woo! Congratulations everyone on the team. I was starting to get worried, so I was telling my friends and friends of friends to back it, damn happy to see all your work will pay off. So hyped!
    There's still 52 hours to go! We could potentially still hit additional planar magic or some of the other stretch goals!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Pixie in the Playground

I know I'd certainly love to see, well... Just about all of the stretch-goals met. Those feats in particular... And planar psionics! And... And...

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SyrusRayne View Post
    I know I'd certainly love to see, well... Just about all of the stretch-goals met. Those feats in particular... And planar psionics! And... And...
    I definitely know the feeling! We're a bit of a stretch from expanded planar psionics (though I'd love us to hit it), but the planar feats should be achievable if we have 1 more day like today.

22. - Top - End - #82

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidinah View Post
    Hot damn! Its funded!
    Thank you to all the backers and supporters out there! This is going to be awesome!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

I definitely know the feeling! We're a bit of a stretch from expanded planar psionics (though I'd love us to hit it), but the planar feats should be achievable if we have 1 more day like today.
    It does seem that i'll get my feats.It's not even the last 24 hours.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Hey yo, for those of you who want more info, we're doing an AMA over on reddit for the book, so come check it out!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks like we just hit $30k for planar magic by Wolfgang Baur!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Looks like we just hit $30k for planar magic by Wolfgang Baur!
    Feats are getting closer and closer!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeing as how I appear to have missed the AMA by minutes - this is why you never read the comments, folks - I had a question of my own!

So, this book covers a broad swathe of fascinating concepts, but there are noted absences even in such a grand design as this (a good thing, in terms of the book not being infinitely long!) Are there any plans for supplemental products down the line, such as Planes-oriented Path of War archetypes and things?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SyrusRayne View Post
    Seeing as how I appear to have missed the AMA by minutes - this is why you never read the comments, folks - I had a question of my own!

So, this book covers a broad swathe of fascinating concepts, but there are noted absences even in such a grand design as this (a good thing, in terms of the book not being infinitely long!) Are there any plans for supplemental products down the line, such as Planes-oriented Path of War archetypes and things?

I can't speak with any certainty about Path of War, but I know we've discussed supporting both Spheres of Power and Spheres of Might. And Christen definitely intends to keep this ball rolling with supporting product lines, so I wouldn't say anything is off the table right now.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm so very happy this funded :D

30. - Top - End - #90

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Stewart View Post
    I'm so very happy this funded :D
    I'm going to be so happy when we get planar psionics.