New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Quote Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
    unchained soulknife
    has something happened that I have missed?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Nexus & City of Seven Seraphs - A planar metropolis with a new veilweaving cl

Quote Originally Posted by Air0r View Post
    has something happened that I have missed?
    Basically I whined that Aegii get all the love instead of Soulknives and Ssalrn told me why they didn't have any akashic support and what his idea for what an Akashic Soulknife would be, and Lost_Sphere mentioned that he had plans for a Sphere Soulknife.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

My concern about a Sphere Soulknife is how you differentiate it from Armorist or even the Doomblade Mageknight archetype.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

My concern about a Sphere Soulknife is how you differentiate it from Armorist or even the Doomblade Mageknight archetype.
    You're assuming Spheres of Power. It might be a Spheres of Might archetype (or possibly a Champion archetype, we'll have to wait).

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

You're assuming Spheres of Power. It might be a Spheres of Might archetype (or possibly a Champion archetype, we'll have to wait).
    Sphere Class archetypes are for SoP as laid out by SoP and SoP:E, SoM used actual original names for its conversaion archetypes (thankfully!). More than that though, I'm going off of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    For instance, the Blackblades are a Parity focused on Destruction. They are also quite found of Blades. So if there were to be some sort of Destruction focused Blade archetype... that might be more in a section like that Organization's... as a totally random example. ;)
    So you can see why I instantly went to a Spheres of Power oriented archetype . SoM is pretty nice for a Psychic Strike oriented Soulknife though since you can charge and then attack action in one turn, so I certainly wouldn't be opposed to an archetype using SoM instead of SoP instead (though a combination aka CotS could be good too).

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Sphere Class archetypes are for SoP as laid out by SoP and SoP:E, SoM used actual original names for its conversaion archetypes (thankfully!). More than that though, I'm going off of this:

So you can see why I instantly went to a Spheres of Power oriented archetype . SoM is pretty nice for a Psychic Strike oriented Soulknife though since you can charge and then attack action in one turn, so I certainly wouldn't be opposed to an archetype using SoM instead of SoP instead (though a combination aka CotS could be good too).
    Yeah, I'm holding out for it being like the Sage in that a Sphere Soulknife gets a caster level and some destruction (and maybe enhancement or creation) talents, but is mostly limited to an adept progression.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I'm holding out for it being like the Sage in that a Sphere Soulknife gets a caster level and some destruction (and maybe enhancement or creation) talents, but is mostly limited to an adept progression.
    or have a unique sphere to support it. that way even incanter can join the psionic unlimited blade works fun. So spheres and akasha in same book getting shared material. my money is on new spheres to merge both systems but hey lets wait and see shall we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Idea pitch: An Arsenal Trick to let the Armorist trade enhancement bonus on his armor for Aegis customizations, I'm thinking a 2 to 1 ratio points for bonus.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Basically I whined that Aegii get all the love instead of Soulknives and Ssalrn told me why they didn't have any akashic support and what his idea for what an Akashic Soulknife would be, and Lost_Sphere mentioned that he had plans for a Sphere Soulknife.
    I was thinking of you during the most recent internal development round of the Time Handbook for Drop Dead Studios and decided I'd include a little soulknife support just in case you couldn't wait any longer for a sphere soulknife. We've just opened up the beta for public input and feedback, so if you're curious, come check it out here!

While I'm here, a quick update: the akashic classes from Co7S are well into editing and layout, so expect to see them made available with art and fully developed accoutrements in the very near future. Once those have gone out to everyone, we're going to be priming up the next akashic release in the Co7S setting, the Zodiac. This will be an independent release in the product line, and not part of the main Co7S book or Kickstarter. The zodiac is an akashic binder and will come with new (and revamped classic) veils, feats, and archetypes. Included with those archetypes is a new fighter archetype; unfortunately I wrote the akashic warrior from AM before books like the WMH and AMH were available, and a lot of the trades I made at that time are significantly less attractive now, so we'll have a newer and more modern archetype with some matching themes to go alongside the zodiac. I don't have a firm date on when the zodiac is going to be available yet, but I'll let you know when we're closer to release.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    I was thinking of you during the most recent internal development round of the Time Handbook for Drop Dead Studios and decided I'd include a little soulknife support just in case you couldn't wait any longer for a sphere soulknife. We've just opened up the beta for public input and feedback, so if you're curious, come check it out here!.
    Thank you! I was mostly just venting and I didn't expect such a result. Now to wait for a GM that will let me use it...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

The Hand bind of Unicorn Feathering: is the dispel effect automatic or is there an applicable check?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NomGarret View Post
    The Hand bind of Unicorn Feathering: is the dispel effect automatic or is there an applicable check?
    It's automatic, no check required.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Makes sense, since it’s limited to countering one 1st level spell. Thanks!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Garden Warden's Gorget veil deals damage to incoming ranged attacks, but there aren't actually any rules that tell us how many hitpoints ammunition has. Here's a rules link with a table.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

I think I missed my email to the rpgnow/drivethrurpg download for the playtests, is there any other way I can get access to them?

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Any chance of getting this...

Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    This sort of thing has always grated on me a bit. I know that it is an adjustment to counter the bag-of-rats problem but I think that such things swing the pendulum too far and create more problems by cutting out a ridiculously large swath of targets. Any chance of getting this sort of thing changed to, "if the Hit Dice of a target who fails their saving throw are equal to or greater than half your own", instead? Allows the ability to be used on most mooks, or to have the town mayor make a sacrifice to heal a battered hero before a final battle. It would provide interesting options while still eliminating most abuse.

Thoughts?
    I think that we can work with that suggestion, yeah. Hit Die equal to or greater than half tracks with other mechanics like gunslinger grit and should still be a reasonable limitation.
    ... applied to the Nexus' Blackened Pitchfork and Demon Lord's Hunger veils (and similar if I've missed any)? Same reasoning and all that. Just noticed that they had the same problem.

Edit: Additionally, the damage done to weapons with the Demon Lord's Hunger veil, is it supposed to bypass hardness? If it isn't then that aspect seems vaguely worthless since virtually all weapons are made of metal and so have hardness 10.
    Last edited by Quarian Rex; 2018-03-30 at 01:34 AM.
    Avatar of awesome goodness courtesy of Cdr.Fallout.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Any chance of getting this applied to the Nexus' Blackened Pitchfork and Demon Lord's Hunger veils (and similar if I've missed any)? Same reasoning and all that. Just noticed that they had the same problem.
    I'll kick this by Christen for review, though the product has already left my hands for development, editing, layout, production, and distribution, so I can't give any specific promises or dates myself.

Edit: Additionally, the damage done to weapons with the Demon Lord's Hunger veil, is it supposed to bypass hardness? If it isn't then that aspect seems vaguely worthless since virtually all weapons are made of metal and so have hardness 10.
    Yes, this damage is intended to bypass hardness.

Just as a heads up for anyone interested, the Eclipse, Nexus, and Radiant are currently available (with full layout, art, and bookmarks) for purchase in a standalone release called City of 7 Seraphs: Akashic Trinity. If you backed the Kickstarter at a level where you'd receive the full Co7S book, check your e-mail before purchasing that release as you may already have a complimentary copy as part of your backer rewards.

18. - Top - End - #258

I'll kick this by Christen for review, though the product has already left my hands for development, editing, layout, production, and distribution, so I can't give any specific promises or dates myself.

Just as a heads up for anyone interested, the Eclipse, Nexus, and Radiant are currently available (with full layout, art, and bookmarks) for purchase in a standalone release called City of 7 Seraphs: Akashic Trinity. If you backed the Kickstarter at a level where you'd receive the full Co7S book, check your e-mail before purchasing that release as you may already have a complimentary copy as part of your backer rewards.
    Does this apply to the people who bought the backerkit version of the full book and if so, when will this email be sent do you think?

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tariyan Draegr View Post
    Does this apply to the people who bought the backerkit version of the full book and if so, when will this email be sent do you think?
    Bumping your question over to Christen so he can get you an answer.

20. - Top - End - #260

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tariyan Draegr View Post
    You should now be receiving the codes. Please mail: [email protected] if you backed and do not see an email for a complimentary copy.
    Last edited by Lost_Spheres; 2018-03-30 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Cut off post

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Thanks for passing it on.

Good to know. Thanks.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I've started reading the document and have one quick question regarding the Ocular Umbrage enigma. Is it really a non save blindness effect? That seems to be awfully strong for a 6th level ability, unless I'm missing something.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Long_shanks View Post
    I've started reading the document and have one quick question regarding the Ocular Umbrage enigma. Is it really a non save blindness effect? That seems to be awfully strong for a 6th level ability, unless I'm missing something.
    I went with the assumption that the standard limitatons (attack action or targeted veil effect, failed attack or successful save against triggering effect negates, requires sneak attack conditions, 1 round duration), combined with the fact that the ability actually becomes available 3 levels after a sorcerer or wizard can start permanently blinding opponents, meant that adding a save to the ability would actually make it too cumbersome. Do let me know if that continues to feel too strong after you've logged some time on it though; I probably won't add a saving throw since I want to keep it as streamlined to use enigmas as possible, but if it starts presenting as a problem I can talk to Christen about the possibility of other limitations, like having it apply a penalty to the associated attack roll or saving throw.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I went with the assumption that the standard limitatons (attack action or targeted veil effect, failed attack or successful save against triggering effect negates, requires sneak attack conditions, 1 round duration), combined with the fact that the ability actually becomes available 3 levels after a sorcerer or wizard can start permanently blinding opponents, meant that adding a save to the ability would actually make it too cumbersome. Do let me know if that continues to feel too strong after you've logged some time on it though; I probably won't add a saving throw since I want to keep it as streamlined to use enigmas as possible, but if it starts presenting as a problem I can talk to Christen about the possibility of other limitations, like having it apply a penalty to the associated attack roll or saving throw.
    Ah! It just never occured to me that the attack could be missed, and thus no blindness. It's fine as is then. Plus, having great options is never a bad thing ;)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Long_shanks View Post
    Ah! It just never occured to me that the attack could be missed, and thus no blindness. It's fine as is then.
    Excellent

Plus, having great options is never a bad thing ;)
    Agreed! I actually have the opportunity to sit down and play one of the Co7S: AT classes tonight in a friend's Roll20 game and I can't decide between a control Eclipse with Eternal Black veils, a BFC Radiant, or a Nexus with a mix of Genie's Ambitions and Reliquaries of Infernal Law veils.

26. - Top - End - #266

Chimera

I've been thinking of a melee eclipse.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Air0r View Post
    I've been thinking of a melee eclipse.
    The eclipse I ended up going with used Plaguebringer Gauntlet, Pooling Black, Void Countenance, and wielded one Ebon Star two-handed, it ended up working really well. The game was at 9th level, so I did a lot of teleporting around within my Pooling Black field to get in position for big enigma-enhanced attacks, blasting groups of enemies with the AoE from Void Countenance, or using the Plaguebringer Gauntlet to debuff particularly powerful enemies. My move action was mostly for setting up the field and activating hide in plain sight.

28. - Top - End - #268

Chimera

The eclipse I ended up going with used Plaguebringer Gauntlet, Pooling Black, Void Countenance, and wielded one Ebon Star two-handed, it ended up working really well. The game was at 9th level, so I did a lot of teleporting around within my Pooling Black field to get in position for big enigma-enhanced attacks, blasting groups of enemies with the AoE from Void Countenance, or using the Plaguebringer Gauntlet to debuff particularly powerful enemies. My move action was mostly for setting up the field and activating hide in plain sight.
    I am toying with the idea of Bracers of Oblivion, Cloak of Darkness, Darkholds (via Twin Veil feat), Stalker's Tabi, and Voidblade. it'll be a bit before i can get all of those up at once, but i dig it conceptually.
    also thinking of a character running around with loads of good veils like loyal paladin's spear of light, and most of the angelic armaments line.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've gotten to play a few sessions with a Veilweaving Build in Roll20. I was playing a Vizier 3, Nexus 3, Rajah 1, and have finally been able to realize my dream of an Akashic Buffer. The Heaven's Blessing Veil adds a lot of Attack and Damage to the attacks of my friends and minions. Picked up the Head Chakra from a feat to get some Hyandil based Shambling Mounds, which are surprisingly perfect at level 7. Warlord shaped on a Shambling Mound for boss killing without using my own Swift Action. Morale Bonuses from Golden Lion round out the lot, although my plants can't benefit.

My buddy was also going for an Akashic Build, in this case a Bolt Ace 5, Vizier 2 who was using Sable Shots for a five attack routine without having to reload. Neither of us felt bad about or lack of traditional magic, so job well done. Definitely enjoying the new content. Veiled in Purity is worth taking now, which is quite nice.
    If you see me talking about Shaper Psions, assume that anything not poison immune within 100 feet will be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kardar233 View Post
    I was going to PM you about it because I wanted to know, but then you posted it later. Elegant solution. Watch out for Necropolitans.
    My Homebrew Signature such as it is.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    I was playing a Vizier 3, Nexus 3, Rajah 1
    Was there a particular mechanical reason to dip so far into Nexus? I get taking a level for access to Heaven's Blessing and such (though taking Shape Veil to get it might have been more advantageous) but it seems like you are crippling chakra access for little gain. Just wondering if I'm overlooking something.