New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

either middle management, or a full blown congressman. Either are good at striking fear into the hearts of those that behold them.

Hmm... Honestly, a weredog. Not a wolf, that would stand out too much in an urban enviroment. A man dog could find good work in all sorts of industries.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Hmm... Honestly, a weredog. Not a wolf, that would stand out too much in an urban enviroment. A man dog could find good work in all sorts of industries.
    You could work at a hospital as a nurse during one shift, then go in as a therapy dog the next. The patients would never know.
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2018-02-12 at 10:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Some form of selk/selkie wouldn't be bad either. (I'm trying to find relatively low power relatively standardized/not made up by myself options, because shapeshifting Godzilla who's human form is king of the world and a super powerful wizard is too easy.) Shapeshifter, so can live in normal human society. Changes into a seal, so an animal that isn't that weird to spot in the right places (yes, I'd move to the coast) but that also spends a lot of time away from the prying eyes of people who potentially find it weird a seal would be practicing backflips or messing with dolphins or diving to sunk pirate ships or whatever I'd want to do. It gives you abilities most humans don't have, places to go where even the best human divers have trouble going. It also let's you change when you want, rather than as dictated by the moon or your emotions or something. Plus selks as humans are typically handsome without even a trace of a werewolfy monobrow. The main downside is that you need the seal skin to change, and if someone finds it and takes it there's all sorts of pseudo-magical trouble.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-02-13 at 05:31 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Probably a Solar or something.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

5. - Top - End - #215
    Pixie in the Playground

I should be a vampire - or vamp ;-)
    brigitte

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Some form of selk/selkie wouldn't be bad either.
    I guess I was on to something here because I keep finding myself wondering what kind of seal I would want to change into. A bog standard harbor seal would give me the most freedom to move around the world and still seal out. The grey seal is the only real alternative for not moving too far and yet not caring too much about being spotted. Sea lions are typically the most playful, agile and I'm guessing intelligent species. A southern elephant seal would be kind of cool just for the novelty of being big and bad enough to win fights against great white sharks. (Hey, the thread is about becoming a monster, isn't it?) And a Walrus strikes some sort of medium between those last two, but neither it nor mister elephant live near a lot of bustling party towns, so to say.

What a (sub)dilemma...
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-02-14 at 09:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

No sea lions, they are the worst.

]

And remember to never look down as a Walrus.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'd go with any type of devil. I find a weird sense of satisfaction of messing with people, so if it just happens to be for their immortal souls and also just so occurs that it's in my innate nature, it sounds pretty good to me.

An imp might be cool, to be more specific. I love how they look, and being Tiny sized sounds like fun.
    Check out my homebrew blog, Bando's Homebrew!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    And remember to never look down as a Walrus.
    Remember how martial artists in childrens' series always say their hands are lethal weapons and it impresses everyone?

Walrusses are pretty cool...

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Remember how martial artists in childrens' series always say their hands are lethal weapons and it impresses everyone?

Walrusses are pretty cool...
    Plus, you can take a running dive off a peir screaming "KOO KOO KACHOO!" and dive into the water, change into a walrus and swim away. It would even make sense.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Plus, you can take a running dive off a peir screaming "KOO KOO KACHOO!" and dive into the water, change into a walrus and swim away. It would even make sense.
    Dive bombing in general would be pretty epic, if the change is fast enough.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

a slime beast with all the slime tentacles and everything

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    If it's just to be a Beatles reference, you can also make Spiderman laugh at you so hard he becomes ineffective at combat.

Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2018-02-27 at 12:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    If it's just to be a Beatles reference, you can also make Spiderman laugh at you so hard he becomes ineffective at combat.
    But that's with the proportionate strength, speed and agility of a walrus. Not the not proportionate "this thing is two times bigger than a large polar bear" strength, speed and agility of a Walrus. And it's also while walking on land.

(Plus, you know, looking for low powered but still kind of cool options, but I was hoping we'd get to that reference.)

15. - Top - End - #225

BarbarianGuy

For a monster I'd want to be, I would have to say Phoenix. Control over fire, healing tears, AND immortality on top of the awesome powers of a bird? Sign me up!

For one I wouldn't mind being I'll go with Charybdis. A giant monstrous whirlpool with in insatiable appetite? Pretty awesome. I'd love to see a homebrew of it and Scylla in an aquatic adventure(don't know if they have actual entries or not)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticHarmony View Post
    For a monster I'd want to be, I would have to say Phoenix. Control over fire, healing tears, AND immortality on top of the awesome powers of a bird? Sign me up!

For one I wouldn't mind being I'll go with Charybdis. A giant monstrous whirlpool with in insatiable appetite? Pretty awesome. I'd love to see a homebrew of it and Scylla in an aquatic adventure(don't know if they have actual entries or not)
    Isn't Scylka essentially a gargantuan Roper?

Charybdis in D&D would be more problematic terrain than a monster.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Orc in the Playground

Probably some kind of sentient Gargoyle or Golem. Something big, strong, clearly non human and unbreakable, free from human needs. I could live anywhere, and I could be so very useful. And if anyone tried to take advantage of me, I'd just leave. Who's gonna stop half a ton of sentient rock?

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Probably some kind of sentient Gargoyle or Golem. Something big, strong, clearly non human and unbreakable, free from human needs. I could live anywhere, and I could be so very useful. And if anyone tried to take advantage of me, I'd just leave. Who's gonna stop half a ton of sentient rock?
    Are you sure? You lose the plesures of the flesh. Like tasty food and sex.

Is that worth?
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Are you sure? You lose the plesures of the flesh. Like tasty food and sex.

Is that worth?
    Dunno. Sure, eating good food is nice, so I'd probably miss that, but greed and lust and all that junk? Together with a lot of power? I don't think that would be good for anyone. I ain't so sure I'm a very good person even without that stuff.

20. - Top - End - #230

Chupacabra

21. - Top - End - #231
    Pixie in the Playground

Just go ahead and make me Godzilla. I already feel the urge to destroy everything in sight.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Halfling in the Playground

i think being Cthulhu would be pretty cool

23. - Top - End - #233

Quote Originally Posted by Thurulian View Post
    i think being Cthulhu would be pretty cool
    Why? He does nothing but sleep on R'lyer and cause Nightmares, such a boring monters to be LOL

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Why? He does nothing but sleep[....]

You had me at "sleep".
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Death Slaad.

26. - Top - End - #236

Why? He does nothing but sleep on R'lyer and cause Nightmares, such a boring (monster*) to be LOL
    Is he not supposed to wake up and destroy all of creation?? i wouldnt mind sleeping for a few millennia for a chance to do that.
    Last edited by Thurulian; 2018-05-10 at 03:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Thurulian View Post
    Is he not supposed to wake up and destroy all of creation?? i wouldnt mind sleeping for a few millennia for a chance to do that.
    His ability to destroy all of creation may be overstated, given that he can be defeated by getting rammed with a boat.
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2018-05-10 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Everybody always brings that up, but my impression was always he was less "defeated" by the boat and more went "This is too much **** to deal with before my coffee, I'm out" and he went back to bed.

29. - Top - End - #239

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Everybody always brings that up, but my impression was always he was less "defeated" by the boat and more went "This is too much **** to deal with before my coffee, I'm out" and he went back to bed.
    This is now the Cthulhu discussion thread, i think it would be neat to be a Shoggoth too but im just really partial cause i like HP Lovecrafts work.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

A guy Eldrich Abomination after my own heart!