New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intro?

If you were turned into a monster, what monster would you like to be turned into?

Or at least you wouldn’t mind so much.

I have been playing a lot of crawl with my friends and that is making me think about if I was turned into a monster which one would be the best.

Any monster from fantasy, D&D or mythological creature is available.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2017-08-26 at 07:37 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monters, what monster whould you liek to be turned int

My first choice is the Omnipotent God-Monster. Which is an omnipotent monster that is also God, from my own personal fantasy. But he is also real because I believe in an omnipotent God who can do anything including calling himself the Omnipotent God-Monster.

My second choice would probably be any perfect shapeshifter, like a Phasm from D&D.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monters, what monster whould you liek to be turned int

Probably a leprechaun or dwarf, being small and invisible keeps you from being shot, people give you food for trinkets, and you can wreck houses if their offerings are bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Probably something "tauric." I honestly think they look awesome. If I could pick it would be lammasu/aasimar. Awesome looking paragon of goodness a gogo! Incomprehensible entity from beyond the stars is a close second.
    Last edited by ZamielVanWeber; 2017-08-26 at 02:40 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoLegsArmchair View Post
    My first choice is the Omnipotent God-Monster. Which is an omnipotent monster that is also God, from my own personal fantasy. But he is also real because I believe in an omnipotent God who can do anything including calling himself the Omnipotent God-Monster.

My second choice would probably be any perfect shapeshifter, like a Phasm from D&D.
    Yeah, I think everyone starts wanting to be God at some point

My personal choice, however, would be a lich! Sure, I'd have to be dead, but I'd also be a wizard. I would create a magical fortress (a sturdy but elegant castle of blue-gray stone, clinging to the side of my favourite mountain) in which my friends and I could play D&D for hours on end. Then I would subtly extend my magical influence over my entire hometown and the surrounding area, slightly altering reality in various ways for the sake of silly and moderately cruel pranks.

Spoiler: Further details
    Show
    The castle gardens would be encircled by a labyrinth of towering spruce trees, casting deep, cool shadows in which I could wander for hours. The garden itself would be an open green space carpeted in pink and white clover, with some white violets scattered around as well. It would be crisscrossed with raised stone beds that, when viewed from the sky, would form spare, swoopy-lined pictures of sea serpents, horses, and various birds. These would not be flowerbeds, though obviously the plants would flower on occasion; instead, I would fill them with bergamot, oregano, rosemary, and mint (because I like snacking on those, yes I know it's weird). Small amounts of chickweed, vetch, and yarrow would be allowed to grow unchecked at the edges of the beds. Thimbleberry and swamp currant bushes would be scattered at whimsically random intervals.

The castle library would be larger than the castle itself, because presumably liches can access other dimensions. There would be a rolltop desk at which to read and write, as well as a wall of "pigeonholes" containing various stationery supplies e.g. many inkwells of India ink (various colours), parchments and quills, fine brushes, paints, and dyes. There would also be pretty much every modern office supply you can think of. And mechanical pencils. The bookshelves would be stocked with every book I have ever wanted, primarily reference materials on my various geeky interests (there would be a separate library for stories, which would be fully equipped with a coffee maker and squashy armchair).

The game room would contain a ridiculously long table, a snack bar, and lots of rulebooks. MTG cards would abound. Dice would also abound, and they would all come in matched sets. There would be many, many unpainted miniatures and plenty of small tubes of paint.

The rest of the castle could be set up however it wanted, provided there was an observatory somewhere.

*snaps out of beautiful daydream*

What? No, I don't think about this absolutely all the time, why do you ask?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monter, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Am I still in the 'real world' or am I in a standard D&D type setting?

If it is the real world it would have to be some sort of shapechanger just so I could keep functioning in society! A doppelganger could be a lot of fun.

A D&D world on the other hand has a lot more options. I'd probably go for a metallic dragon so I could have the awesomeness of dragonhood without being evil and thus a magnet for adventurers!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monter, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Let's face it the only real answer is Godzilla.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I would be a Nymph; I would be able to retain my human shape, have magical powers, be super-hot and have tons of sex without damning anyone's soul to the lakes of hell as a succubus.

Why be a god if you can f*** one?

It's kind of funny now that I think about how most female demons and monsters are humanoid and hot while the male ones are ugly and deformed.
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2017-08-26 at 05:54 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned int

A nekomata, clearly.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

10. - Top - End - #10

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

The Thing.

Hell, if I had a genie wish I'd probably go with 'make me The Thing'. You're scary and versatile, but not so OP as to take the fun out of monstering.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

11. - Top - End - #11

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

A D&D-style metallic dragon. Immense power, magic, and shapeshifting. Also because dragons are awesome.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

12. - Top - End - #12

If media taught me anything it's that humans are the real monsters.
    Last edited by tensai_oni; 2017-08-26 at 10:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Why be a god if you can f*** one?
    Because if you're a god you can not only have sex with gods but also do everything else a god can do.

14. - Top - End - #14

I think I'd go with being a nine tailed Kitsune. Immortality, Magic powers which include Shapeshifting, Personal Hammerspace? It's like being a D&D Dragon but getting to take your hoard with you.

Quote Originally Posted by tensai_oni View Post
    QFT.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I'd want to be a Korred or a Dryad.

Nature powers and the ability to talk to trees/swim in dirt would be awesome and incredibly useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

A mimic. I'd like to be a mimic. That'd be fun, just scaring people when I transform out of being a bar counter or something silly like that.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

What defines a monster? Are we talking fantasy nonhumans, or bestial creatures, or something evil?

Eh, if I had my druthers, I'd probably go with a Bronze Dragon from DnD. Aquatic, flight, shapechanging, animal speech, miscellaneous other cool magic power, and I could pass on some cool stuff to my children. Pretty much everything I would want, with few to no downsides.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I was going to say doppleganger but yeah a metallic dragon of some kind is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tensai_oni View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4RuB3gT8t0

20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground

Is a time lord a monster? Immortality, psychic powers, regeneration, time sense, the ability to psychically manipulate probabilities and timelines to save your own ass by improbable luck...

Otherwise, really, anything with magic. I wouldn't say know to any kind of fae, lich, wizard, dragon...
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

A shapeshifter. Or maybe some sort of Lycan, as they're usually portrayed as cooler and less creepy.
    Or maybe a dinosaur.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

I'd be an incubus, for self evident reasons.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    Yeah, I think everyone starts wanting to be God at some point

My personal choice, however, would be a lich! Sure, I'd have to be dead, but I'd also be a wizard. I would create a magical fortress (a sturdy but elegant castle of blue-gray stone, clinging to the side of my favourite mountain) in which my friends and I could play D&D for hours on end. Then I would subtly extend my magical influence over my entire hometown and the surrounding area, slightly altering reality in various ways for the sake of silly and moderately cruel pranks.

Spoiler: Further details
    Show
    The castle gardens would be encircled by a labyrinth of towering spruce trees, casting deep, cool shadows in which I could wander for hours. The garden itself would be an open green space carpeted in pink and white clover, with some white violets scattered around as well. It would be crisscrossed with raised stone beds that, when viewed from the sky, would form spare, swoopy-lined pictures of sea serpents, horses, and various birds. These would not be flowerbeds, though obviously the plants would flower on occasion; instead, I would fill them with bergamot, oregano, rosemary, and mint (because I like snacking on those, yes I know it's weird). Small amounts of chickweed, vetch, and yarrow would be allowed to grow unchecked at the edges of the beds. Thimbleberry and swamp currant bushes would be scattered at whimsically random intervals.

The castle library would be larger than the castle itself, because presumably liches can access other dimensions. There would be a rolltop desk at which to read and write, as well as a wall of "pigeonholes" containing various stationery supplies e.g. many inkwells of India ink (various colours), parchments and quills, fine brushes, paints, and dyes. There would also be pretty much every modern office supply you can think of. And mechanical pencils. The bookshelves would be stocked with every book I have ever wanted, primarily reference materials on my various geeky interests (there would be a separate library for stories, which would be fully equipped with a coffee maker and squashy armchair).

The game room would contain a ridiculously long table, a snack bar, and lots of rulebooks. MTG cards would abound. Dice would also abound, and they would all come in matched sets. There would be many, many unpainted miniatures and plenty of small tubes of paint.

The rest of the castle could be set up however it wanted, provided there was an observatory somewhere.

*snaps out of beautiful daydream*

What? No, I don't think about this absolutely all the time, why do you ask?
    You've put a great deal of thought into this I hope you'll have friends over. Looks terrific!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateGuy

First thing that came to my mind is "dragon" - flying, being so beyond the ken of most mortal creatures that pretty much nothing bothers me, getting to hang out in remote lairs alone with my hoard... Probably a silver (living in mountains sounds great and "red" doesn't fit my style at all), or maybe amethyst so I don't have to be so Lawful Good. Or, if I'd rather be more down-to-earth, a doppelganger would be a great choice - not only because I love the lil' buggers (shapeshifters are a must in any good campaign IMO), but also because that sort of shapeshifting fits my profile a lot, getting to be anyone at any moment.

But if I'm going to be realistic, both of those sound like too big of a hassle to me. Having to hunt, survey my territory, assert my authority on any uppity creatures therein, and fend off adventurers? Ugh. Having to constantly come up with new identities and go through all the trouble of adapting to them, always looking over my shoulder? Double ugh. No, the monster that really fits me is a treant. All I need to do is be in the woods (which I like) and catch some sun and soil nutrients. If anyone finds me, most of the time the only thing I'm supposed to do is speak with the wisdom of centuries (and we all know any random BS does the trick).

25. - Top - End - #25
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    You've put a great deal of thought into this I hope you'll have friends over. Looks terrific!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Yes I have! And, should it ever exist, I'll be sure to teleport you there.

Thank you.

I put roughly the same amount of thought into the cruel pranks, but thought better of posting them.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

D&D succubus, preferably one that's not Chaotic Stupid. Fairly mobile, charisma like mad, shapechange, have some defensive abilities in case some paladin decides to go smite happy. Charm for days.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

after some thought......

I guess my answer would be:

Demon.
    Why? long life/immortality, magic, do whatever I want, all the succubus lesbians I could want, read forbidden lore, probably have an awesome looking citadel, lots of fiery pits for good reading light, still be humanoid and look awesome, the only problem is the morality thing, but I'm pretty sure I can fix that through lots of demonic shenanigans. Its not as if its any worse than the people who say succubus or incubus themselves.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #28
    Colossus in the Playground

Definitely a lamia. The non DND one, the actual classic one that every other thing in all of existence other than DND does. The snake.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Well... it's pretty popular already, but... Dragon. A silver dragon in particular (because the frilly gold dragon looks dumb imo). Silver dragons still have change shape too. Add in fire immunity too so hot climates aren't a problem.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

A Maharaja, Rakshasa its from one of the pathfinder monster manuals. A CR 20 variant of the original. Its not only incredibly powerful physically it casts spells as a 18th level sorcerer.
    Nale is no more, he has ceased to be, his hit points have dropped to negative ten, all he was is now dust in the wind, he is not Daniel Jackson dead, he is not Kenny dead, he is final dead, he will not pass through death's revolving door, his fate will not be undone because the executives renewed his show for another season. His time had run out, his string of fate has been cut, the blood on the knife has been wiped. He is an Ex-Nale! Now can we please resume watching the Order save the world.