New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    *looks at comment* *looks at avatar* *looks at comment*

Nope, no signs of bias here. Through I gotta ask, since dragon basically has all of the benefits and few of the drawbacks (I mean, other then teenaged children with magical powers, that might be a slight issue when you don't want them to have the car that evening), what is everyone's second choice?
    Probably some flavor of outsider, and then seeing what sort of religion I can get started.

My wife, for the record, states she wants to be a "dryad whose tree was bonsai'ed".
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned into a monster, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Probably some flavor of outsider, and then seeing what sort of religion I can get started.

My wife, for the record, states she wants to be a "dryad whose tree was bonsai'ed".
    I like how your wife thinks. Immortal nature spirit with all the powers but none of the range limitations as long as the tree is in her handbag.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    I like how your wife thinks. Immortal nature spirit with all the powers but none of the range limitations as long as the tree is in her handbag.
    Well, not really immortal, since they die with the tree.

So, better not forget to water it!
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monter, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Let's face it the only real answer is Godzilla.
    Yes!
    Since you arelady got it... I will choose King Ghidorah!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Anything immortal and not too gross, or at least long-lived.

And, of course, a dragon.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Turned into...?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: If you were turned intro a monter, what monster whould you like to be turned intr

Quote Originally Posted by Sandsme View Post
    Yes!
    Since you arelady got it... I will choose King Ghidorah!
    There's no reason you can't both be Godzilla.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

HULK SMASH! (comic book version)
    Last edited by Hageshi; 2017-11-26 at 03:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hageshi View Post
    HULK SMASH! (comic book version)
    thanks but i will take iron man for that case gotta love being chick magnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

I've changed my mind again:

Me want COOKIES!!!

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know the monster, the one that you used to be under your bed? The one you eventually outgrew? I would be the one that’s under that ones bed.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Wait. "... turned into..."?. You mean, you think you're not already a monster?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

jay R how hard it would thing any one of us to familiarize with our roles me kinda to easy to act as white court vampire since i dont need to chance a bit in my life and i can continue to live where i left for all "I am gonna choose dragon" crew they can basicly look like human any time they want so for major of us we are already are monsters in our core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Nine-tailed Zenko Kitsune :)
    Last edited by Lunetec; 2017-12-27 at 05:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think that I'd want to become a D&D 3.5e style Noble Djinni. On the one hand, I'm visibly non-human. On the other hand... I can just make life so much better for people.

Spoiler: Let's look at some of the minor benefits, first
    Show

I can permanently conjure 20 cubic feet of rare plant matter once a day just to start, that lasts forever. Aside from just being able to conjure beautiful mahogany desks out of midair and over a hundred gallons of rare plant extract a day, you could build just about anything from solid wood and resins one bit at a time. It might not be a castle in a day, but it's a continually expanding work of art that you can take a sense of pride in building one piece at a time, from literally nothing.

I can make food for 60 people appear out of thin air each day, along with 40 gallons of wine. Sure, the food is bland, but... well, there are a lot of people who wouldn't mind.

I can turn invisible, go at highway speeds as the crow flies, and just generally be any and everywhere I want to be. Which is a minor perk, sure, especially compared to teleportation, but... well, sometimes you do want to see the sights along the way.

Telepathy, to send people private messages in real life or mess with people while invisible. This is just plain handy.

And then the power to give 3 wishes to any mortal I allow to catch me. Just... three wishes, at will, to anyone I trust with the responsibility. One concerned charity member can let me cure 60 children with cancer in under a minute, no strings attached. With the right person helping, I could create true magic items to add some wonder to the world. I could get Firefly renewed for a second season. Transport Travelers to get astronauts to Mars and back. Work with a climate change scientist to end global warming. Work with physicists to learn how to reduce entropy where it matters. Get the answer to any and every question. As long as I can avoid wishes getting political (that gets ugly fast), it just lets me make the world a better place. And if someone does try to abuse my hospitality, I get to choose how to interpret their wish—which is a reward in its own way.

And as a bonus, one of the things Wish can do is Polymorph Any Object, or (for a more natural, permanent solution) Wish for a Contingent Reincarnation -> Wish that this reincarnation will bring you back as {X} race -> Wish for an instant, painless death that triggers that contingency—you know, just in case you're worried that PAO might not be as permanent as you'd like it to be.

Sure, I don't get the versatility of a lich or the raw freedom of a dragon... but granting the truest wishes of dozens of people every day is more than worth that cost.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

A silver dragon would be pretty neet. You wouldn't have to worry about pesty adventurers coming around trying to kill you and steal your treasure! Plus you could go out and help adventurers with their unique and exciting quests!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Pixie in the Playground

Bearshark

Can't beat that badassery!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

A catgirl who can also turn into a cat.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I think I'm going to choose baelnorn. Sure, you have to die, but at least you're dying for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    But, are you also acquainted with/yourself a cleric of Akadi, so you can have mechanical wings in cat form?

Quote Originally Posted by Fable Wright View Post
    I think that I'd want to become a D&D 3.5e style Noble Djinni. On the one hand, I'm visibly non-human. On the other hand... I can just make life so much better for people.

I can permanently conjure 20 cubic feet of rare plant matter once a day just to start, that lasts forever. Aside from just being able to conjure beautiful mahogany desks out of midair and over a hundred gallons of rare plant extract a day, you could build just about anything from solid wood and resins one bit at a time.
    Mahogany.
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2017-12-31 at 07:12 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    I think I'm going to choose baelnorn. Sure, you have to die, but at least you're dying for something.

But, are you also acquainted with/yourself a cleric of Akadi, so you can have mechanical wings in cat form?

Mahogany.
    ...wut? :|

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

...wut? :|
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiths and Pantheons, page 90
    Some clerics become almost obsessively involved in "life experiments" of a practical or esoteric nature. For instance, some may be deeply involved in breeding faster and sleeker hawks or running hounds, others may decide to see how orcs adapt to fierce and freakish windstorms, and yet others may spend endless hours trying to develop artificial wings for cats.
    It's my favorite bit of Faerûn trivia.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So a tibbett. They are a PC race so I'm not sure they count as a "monster" but that seems to be your aim.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sktarq View Post
    So a tibbett. They are a PC race so I'm not sure they count as a "monster" but that seems to be your aim.
    "Monstrous" Humanoid is still a monster.

And I'm pretty sure they just look like halflings when they're in person form. So no catgirl ears and tail.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

I want to be a flying spaghetti monster.

It's grotesque in a silly way, which makes it so cute. Also, I get to fly. Also, spaghetti.
    ...I need sleep.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

*a troglodyte wanders into the thread, wearing an orange bowler hat and matching orange vest, having just come from work*

This is a tricky question.

Trog is inclined to say lizardman or maybe dragonborn just for the say of, you know, keeping the same wardrobe and all. A draconian could be cool, but then you gotta live in Krynn and Trog has heard that's a neighborhood that's a little run down now that they don't crank out books every three months.

Hmmm...

Elf could be interesting, but then at the end you all have to sail off to that elf retirement home over the sea with the fancy elvish wheelchairs and masterwork walkers and such, which doesn't really sound all that great because Trog has heard that all the food is puréed.

Hmmm...

Trog's gonna go with some sort of fey. They always throw nice parties with good finger food and wine, a high hook-up rate, and they have those nice private reality pockets with moderate temperatures. So long as Trog can bring along a decent fold-out couch or something because the furniture there (logs, tree stumps, giant fungi, more logs) leaves a little to be desired.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stingraye View Post
    I want to be a flying spaghetti monster.

It's grotesque in a silly way, which makes it so cute. Also, I get to fly. Also, spaghetti.
    Also, a god.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Being Yog-sogoth would be pretty cool, assuming I can stand literally being the embodiment of space and time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

I think I would go with a beholder eye. Not at all glamorous in terms of looks but, I dunno, I love em. All gross, covered in eyeballs, super powerful and just awesome.^_^

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Demica Fatali View Post
    I think I would go with a beholder eye. Not at all glamorous in terms of looks but, I dunno, I love em. All gross...
    Gross to some, but aesthetic value is rather subjective.

Oh, and don't forget the paranoia. Didn't name that book Lords of Madness for nothing.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

You know, I think I'd like to be a swan maiden.

I'd be like a superhero: swoop in, kick butt, fly off. (I'll have to pick my fight carefully since I actually have no enhanced ability to kick butt, but let's just assume I'll get good at flying kicks from above.)

But the part that makes it work is that even if suddenly playgrounders all over the world are turning into monsters, nobody is going to believe some robber's story about how a swan turned into a big ass bearded dude. There's going to be case study upon case study of this weird example of ass paranoia before they even catch me. Haha!

The downside is that I can now fly but I still can't use it to get wherever I want to go quickly. A crow might still be able to sneak into an office building, a swan is a bit much. (Although fun to imagine if it's someone else trying.)

Also, I have to be extra careful not to get caught and run out of human society. I don't think I would last a month living in an except for me female only colony. (To be fair, it's just nice in general to meet some different groups of people throughout the week, so I really didn't have to make this a semi-sexist remark..)

And where do swans go for beer anyway?

Okay, back to the drawing board. One day I'll have a good idea.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2018-01-15 at 11:39 AM.