The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archon's Way of Wicked Campaign

As mentioned elsewhere: (1d20+5)[8] diplomacy

edit: ha. hahaha. Nope.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I will be posting again soon.

This weekend was added stressful. Funeral for a distant relative, snow storm, and the snowplow drivers apparently taking the superbowl and the day after off as well.

Tommorrow afternoon is my hope
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2018-02-06 at 10:38 PM.
    Married 6 7 years! 7-29-12
    seriously? i kept this sig that long?

3. - Top - End - #153

Dang, that bites! Hope you're able to recover soon, I'm really enjoying this one.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Ritcher's Tome of Arcane Armament
    I realize now how I misworded the previous post for Gail. Any arcane TRAP spells on the book have died with their master.
    Here are the spells listed in Common in the index. Bull's strength, Flaming sphere, hideous laughter, invisibility, Alarm, charm person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, mage armor, magic missile, mount, shield, sleep, and all cantrips from the Core Rulebook. The spells themselves are written in Draconic.
    ah, ok, want me to rephrase it so she's angry that she can't read it?

5. - Top - End - #155

EvilClericGuy

You don't have to. It still works by being written in Draconic.

Okay here comes a lot of info on Asmodeus and his church. I have gleaned most of it from Pathfinderwiki.com

Creation
    For starters Asmodeus is the ruler and founder of Hell. He is also the only Devil to attain full divinity. In Pathfinder, Asmodeus was created at the same time as Ihys, the Angel who founded Heaven, which is the same moment that Creation started. They are the First. When other divine beings came into existence, Asmodeus and Ihys became self-aware and guided the creation together, making the various planes and life forms. Asmodeus brought order to this by penning the Contract of Creation. Somewhere is this document is likely a loophole that gives him greater power over the rest. At some point after the creation of Mortals, Asmodeus and Ihys had an argument, which lead to the first war in heaven, over the role that mortals should play in existence. Asmodeus wanted them to be slaves to the Gods. The Angel gave them free will. In this argument, war throughout Heaven really, Asmodeus slayed Ihys but allowed free will to remain in mortals out of respect for his sibling. But he created Hell as a reminder of the old ways of absolute merciless order that he would one day make anew.

Comparison to real world religion
    So Asmodeus is not the Christian Devil Lucifer. Lucifer was created by God as an Angel at some point before creation started, rebels against God, loses the war in heaven, and has lost every battle he's had with God since. Asmodeus is more the Yin to Ihys's Yang. Except in this case the Yin slew the Yang.
    You can't even say that Asmodeus rebelled against his creator because he has no creator. Which brings up a disturbing thought. With no Creator God causing creation, and with one First slaying the other First, Asmodeus is at the top of the highest ranking gods.

Heaven vs Hell
    At first this may sound like Asmodeus is way more powerful than Mitra and should be able to crush him and Talingarde on his own. Well Asmodeus is Lawful and follows the Contract of Creation that he penned. He has rules that he follows. Rules that he forces the other divine beings to also follow. He's playing a game and his measure of winning or losing is not whether or not the people of a small island nation are worshiping him en mass.

The other problem is a numbers game. Sure Asmodeus has the claim that his is the most powerful, but he is also the only Devil with full divinity. Heaven has many fully divine beings. Sure they will be weaker, but there is more of them. Also he is Lawful Evil and does not get along well with Demons and Daemons. Hell is effectively at war with Heaven, Abaddon, and the Abyss. Lawful Good, Neutral Good, and Chaotic Good will unite for the cause of Good. Evil will not unite for anything more than a temporary team up.

Depending on how you look at it, Hell has advantages in some areas but disadvantages in others. If its disadvantages were exploited and weakened while its advantages were lessened, Asmodeus can lose and Hell be destroyed. But in the same way, He can win and conquer the upper planes.

6. - Top - End - #156

EvilClericGuy

Now here are some info on the Holy texts. of the church. There are copies of these in the library.

Major texts
    Asmodean Monograph is the simplified edition of the doctrine of Asmodeus. It includes instructions for religions rites, lessons on contract writing, and essays on the nature of power. It is accompanied by a number of supplemental volumes and appendices. If all volumes and appendices were placed into one book, it would be a thousand pages long. Without the volumes and appendices, the book is a much more manageable three hundred and thirty-four pages.

Asmodean Disciplines is the full, unabridged, doctrine of Asmodeus. While the Monograph can fit into one unwieldy book, the Disciplines compare to an encyclopedia taking up two shelves of a library. It includes the history of the church and Hell, copies of contracts and thirteen pages of undecipherable script that may have just be some devil priest's doodling.

Minor Texts
    Asmodean prayer book a 100 page book similar in appearance to a Wizard's spellbook. It contains the sort of prayers, guidance, rituals, and contracts a common follower would need.

Asmodean Adventurer's prayer book smaller more compact version of the prayer book for adventuring/traveling clerics of Asmodeus. It is made of water resistant pages, and uses an extensive amount of short hand.

Legendary texts
    Book of the Damned - there are references to this book in a few manuscripts in the library. It supposedly has a lot of info on the lower planes.

7. - Top - End - #157

EvilClericGuy

So what are the Doctrines of Asmodeus?
    According to Pathfinderwiki.com, Asmodeus believes that the strong should rightfully govern the weak, who in turn owe their masters unwavering obedience. He loves negotiations and contracts, especially those that give one of the parties a distinct, hidden advantage over the other. He expects and appreciates flattery, but its never fooled by it, seeing it as a negotiation tactic, as well as a duty those in inferior positions owe their betters.

That's it from official sources. And that makes sense as this is a game not a manual for worshipping actual demons.

To add more depth to the Church of Asmodeus, I will be using the 48 Laws of Power, from the book of the same name. It's something I learned about when I watched Luke Cage on Netflix. One of the villians declared that the two books that shaped his life the most were the Bible and the 48 Laws of Power. He would occasionally quote the Laws to his subordinates. Treat these as Asmodeus's version of the 10 Commandments.
    The 48 Laws can be found here. http://the48lawsofpower.com/summary

Also watch this video The Rules for Rulers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rStL7niR7gs

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post
    The 48 Laws can be found here. http://the48lawsofpower.com/summary
    Or in my bookshelf, with clear wear from having been read more than once ;-)
    Semper ludens.

9. - Top - End - #159

EvilClericGuy

Cool, the parables in red in the margins are also good inspiration for role-playing.

10. - Top - End - #160

HalflingRogueGuy

Hi all,

Dropping a note that I will be on vacation from 2/15-19 and will likely have limited access to Mythweavers during that time. I will post when I am able, but please NPC Inigo as needed to keep the story moving forward.

11. - Top - End - #161

EvilClericGuy

Hello all,

The purpose of the three days rest was so your characters could develop relationships with each others, and the NPCs. And I think we have done that.
    I am going to open up a new thread for this next Act so we can continue the conversations and interactions in the current if we want to while moving forward with the plot.

Make sure your character sheets are finalized for second level and that you have bought all the equipment that you need.

On the 19th, once inigo is back from vacation I will start Act2.

12. - Top - End - #162

EvilClericGuy

I am a little early. but Here is the new thread for the second act of Way of the wicked.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...0#post22855030

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the link!

Did Amber ever manage to find anybody willing to tell her what her Masterwork Flag with black field with a red star, which whispers to her in Infernal, does?

14. - Top - End - #164

Hot damn, those are some ROLLS!

I love it when the cocky jerkface rolls well. It makes it so much easier to continue RPing him as an insufferable, headstrong douchebag.

15. - Top - End - #165

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zweanslord View Post
    Thanks for the link!

Did Amber ever manage to find anybody willing to tell her what her Masterwork Flag with black field with a red star, which whispers to her in Infernal, does?
    Sorry, I slipped up on that.

Tiadora will take a look at the flag in the three days down time. She holds it so the 5 pointed star points downward. "This flag is from an extinguished noble house. They were faithful Asmodeans for you can see the image of your holy symbol woven into the stitching. I could not tell you more of the family's details. Such records would be rare these days." She stares at it for a bit. "Some banners were enchanted to aid those who fought under it. This is one such banner. The magic of this banner has waned. But with certain rites, we may be able to restore it fully. I will ask the Master when he returns."

16. - Top - End - #166

BardGuy

CLEARLY my abysmal strength score and second-hand armor is the reason I'm so terrible at stealth. That, and I'm in the middle of the group, So I can't see/hear well. Once again, I wish I didn't dump strength.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Haha, that teaches me not to provoke violet moss. Ouch. Without the cold resistance, Amber would have been unconscious.

18. - Top - End - #168

Anyone else comfortable taking up Archon on that offer? (Checking the secret door in the previous room for traps, while X has just checked this door, I mean)

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Kind of hoping somebody with a higher perception is willing to do it. I'm willing, but seems to not make much sense if there's people with more than +2 Perception. Also, Amber is trying to shake off the cold in the mean time, heh.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Caleb has full faith in Inigo and X's ability to open doors instead of him. Full and unconditional faith.
    Semper ludens.

21. - Top - End - #171

EvilClericGuy

your faith is well placed.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Archon, have you missed Mira's action?

23. - Top - End - #173

EvilClericGuy

Possible. The thread just moved to another page for me. I could have easily missed it if ut was the last post on the page and i replyed to the post above it. I will check now.

Not sure how I missed it but I did.
    Last edited by archon_huskie; 2018-03-12 at 08:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

EvilClericGuy

So after posted about the name cold mod, I quickly did a google search to make sure there isn't something called Cold Mold.

Instead I found something in the SRD called Brown Mold. And it is exactly like this stuff.

For some reason, the Way of the Wicked adventure path describes the mold as violet, not brown. Maybe they changed the color to avoid copyright issues, maybe the book with brown mold in it wasn't published yet. I don't know. But I didn't want any OOC confusion.

25. - Top - End - #175

I know the writers of WotW aren't Paizo. Anything copywritten by Paizo would be off-limits.

Unrelated, I spent the weekend helping my brother excavate for and install a concrete patio. A big one. Sorry for the radio silence, I literally haven't gotten my computer out since last Wednesday.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

I've had near-fatal man-flu, and i might still perish, but Caleb is pretty much just chugging along as it is.
    Semper ludens.

27. - Top - End - #177

Hey. Don't die. That would be a downer.

28. - Top - End - #178

EvilClericGuy

Being with us is so much better than not being with us. May you feel healthy always.

29. - Top - End - #179

Well, that was an exciting post! Sorry for lighting you guys on fire!

Also, it appears we're waiting on the mist to take its turn, or have you already posted that, and we all need to act?

30. - Top - End - #180

EvilClericGuy

posted shortly after you posted that.