New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Outside 46

1. - Top - End - #331
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 46

Flower Field
    Melody watched as the two appeared on the horizon, squinting and tilting her head at the second as it came into focus.
    "Okay..." That was weird too. At least it was a reasonable size, but the magenta fur was... huh.
    "Hey!" she called, cupping one hand to her mouth and waving with the other. "You from around here?"

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    "No, miss. We're from Skyside. I'm just taking my latest creation for a test drive." He pays the monstrosity on its arm. "I'm Professor Barron. This is Death Mark 2. Who are you?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #333
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Flower Field

Melody tilts her head a slight amount. Skyside, huh? That sure was... a name of something that was probably a place. She decides to roll with it. "Nice to meet you, Professor. We're Melody." She puts a hand on her chest but also gestures at the bee as she introduces herself. The giant bee is currently using a probuscus with the circumference of a human wrist to examine a flower somewhat taller than the ones around it, and doesn't seem to be paying Barron much mind.
    "So this might be uh, a weird question," she continues, "but do you know why the flora here is so... small?"

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    Prof. Barron looks to Melody the woman, then to Melody the bee. "I've never thought of the flowers as small. To my eyes, your bee is huge. You're both Melody? How does that work?"

This whole time, Death MKII has been completely motionless, even though it was very animated as it had approaches.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #335
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Flower Field

Melody pulls her head back slightly, squinting at Barron as if she wasn't sure if he was joking or not. "Uh... no, I'm, I mean, my other me, uh... kinda little. But these," she motions to the flowers around them, "you could step on one and not even notice. It's bizarre, they aren't sick. I tried to make one grow to it's proper size but it only grew a few inches..." Melody puts her hand to the back of her neck as she looks helplessly at the flower that stood up above it's peers. "And it's not just the flowers. I passed by some trees earlier and they were really small too. I mean. Not compared to me but like... for a tree, you know?"
    Seems like she completely missed Barron's question...

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    "Here it's natural for the plants to be this size. I guess they're larger where you come from. You said that you're both Melody. How does that work? I control my monsters via this device, but they aren't a part of me." He lifts his peculiar remote control to show her, then begins punching buttons and moving joysticks. "Watch! I'm going to make it eat a flower." Death MKII reaches down with its hooked arm. It spears one of the small flowers, lifting it up to its face. It opens its mouth, and a small burst of flame comes forth, incinerating the blossom. A few stray drops of burning oil also splatter from the monster's open mouth, but Prof. Barron hastily stamps them out.

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #337
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Field of Flowers

"Oh, uh..." Melody frowns, putting a hand to her chin. "I'm not really sure how to explain. I was dying and the Queen recognized my power so She uh... linked? me, uh, us together," she taps the tips of her index fingers together. "This way I'm part of the Hive and I can serve Her better and what do you mean eat a...?"

She trails off, looking between the robot and Barron's metal box with buttons. "You know I'm friends with someone who makes things like that, he's kind of weird but- WOAH" Melody recoils as fire spurts from the robot's mouth, hopping into her own arms and flying up a few feet into the air with a loud buzz. When she returns to the ground she looks a little shaken. "Can you uh, not make it do that again please?"

8. - Top - End - #338
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chapel

Faudre turns to dismount Haar, and turns her narrowed eyes to each person she can see. All she really knows about this place is that they are apparently complicit in purchasing people as though they were possessions. The more reckless parts of her were tempted to rush in and destroy everyone she saw, but she had to keep her instincts buried. These people looked better armed than those raiders, and she was already hurt.

"I have no questions, and I will not be staying long." What was this place where food and water was some sort of price? It was so strange, especially when she compared it to her own tribe. She looks back towards Rivet. Hopefully he was at least unharmed.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    "Certainly. A trick like that is only impressive once. What is your homeland like? You mentioned a hive." The professor seems sorry that he startled Melody with the fire.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #340
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Flower Field

"Well, for starters everything's, uh, a lot bigger." Melody seems glad for the change in topic. "These flowers would be the size of... one of those trees over there." She points at a distant forest. "And then everything in proportion to that, I guess. The Hive? Um... I guess you could say I'm kind of the head priest of the Queen," she says, putting a hand to her cheek as if she never really considered that before. "I dunno. I'm just good at gardening and the Queen saved my life so..." She shrugs. "I don't feel like I traveled very far honestly, just everything was different all of a sudden. Do know how I get back? I don't really know much about magic besides growing things..."

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    "Growth is not a power to be underestimated. I grow things all the time. That's how I make my monsters. Those legs, that stinger, Death MKII's heart, I grew those myself. Maybe not a perfect comparison, since those were grown with science, in tanks in my basement, but grown nonetheless." Professor Barron gestures to the monster. "I could show you what makes it tick. But, to answer your question, I don't know how to leave the Nexus. Never tried."
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-20 at 05:07 PM.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #342
    Orc in the Playground

Chapel

Rivet's fine. Not sure why he wouldn't be.

"Um, I heard you buy people? I got a girl, in the van. I've not done this before- I shoot thieves, if I can't scare 'em off. I got persuaded otherwise, this time." Rivet sounds a bit nervous, but Cecil smiles widely.
    "Oh, yes. I understand completely. Get her out here, so Sister Bakewell can have a look, then we'll discuss payment. As for you, miss, there's a trader outside, or if you wait a moment the priestess can tend your injuries. Unless you're interested in buying meat to feed your wyvern?" Which might just be more horrifying for Faudre.

Rivet, meanwhile, goes to the back of the rambulance, and pulls the girl out and drags her round to the front. She glares at all and sundry, as Sister Bakewell approaches and grabs the girl's hand, holding it tight and closing her eyes. There's a suggestion of a glow around Sister Bakewell's hands, but it's faint, particularly in the daylight.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #343
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Flower Field

"That's pretty gross," Melody replies bluntly. "I'll pass. But, listen, if I can't get back then I have kind of a problem. Do you know where I can get a lot of sugar and water? Like, a lot a lot of sugar and water."
    Last edited by SleepyMoony; 2018-02-20 at 05:51 PM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    "I don't know. I'd try Mallside. Go past those hills, and you should be in Inside, then go left for a way, turn right on Market Street, and it's the big building on the left. If they don't have what you need there, odds are they know where you can get it." The professor has never thought about where to buy sugar water before. "I might be able to grow some giant flowers, but it would take a while. If you are interested, call me up." He takes a business card from his suit coat. It reads.

Professor Marty Barron

Mad Scientist
    Lightning Tower, Thunderheads, Skyside
    No task too creepy. Reasonable prices.

Generic Telephone Number

If Melody is interested, she could call Prof. Barron or visit his tower later. Just PM me if that's the case.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #345
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Flower Field

"Uh... Mallside..." Melody repeated to herself, looking in the direction Barron was indicated. She's chewing her thumbnail, and seems to be broken out of her thoughts when the professor hands her the card. "oh," she squints at it, her lips moving slightly as she reads it. "What do I uh.... do with this..."

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    "Keep it. If you ever need to contact me, use the information on there." Prof. Barron is somewhat surprised that Melody doesn't know what a business card is.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #347
    SleepyMoony
    Guest in the Playground

Flower Field

"Oh." Melody doesn't look up at Barron as he explains, still looking at the card in concentrated confusion. "Riiight." She flips the card over to look at the back, then shoves it into her pocket. "Okay, well, thanks for the help! I'll see you later, I guess?" If he really could help her make reasonably-sized flowers, then that would be really helpful and Melody wanted to follow up on that. She gives Barron a little wave and then turns to mount the saddle on her bee-self. "Uh, this is gonna be kinda loud so you might want to cover your ears,"
    she adds, before taking off with a loud buzz.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Flower Field
    Prof. Barron watches her go, without covering his ears. Years of working with loud machinery have inured him against similar sounds. He bends down and picks up a few flowers, placing them in a glass jar which he retrieves from a compartment in his monster. The pair then move off, heading back to Skyside.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #349

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Chapel

Rivet's fine. Not sure why he wouldn't be.

"Um, I heard you buy people? I got a girl, in the van. I've not done this before- I shoot thieves, if I can't scare 'em off. I got persuaded otherwise, this time." Rivet sounds a bit nervous, but Cecil smiles widely.
    "Oh, yes. I understand completely. Get her out here, so Sister Bakewell can have a look, then we'll discuss payment. As for you, miss, there's a trader outside, or if you wait a moment the priestess can tend your injuries. Unless you're interested in buying meat to feed your wyvern?" Which might just be more horrifying for Faudre.

Rivet, meanwhile, goes to the back of the rambulance, and pulls the girl out and drags her round to the front. She glares at all and sundry, as Sister Bakewell approaches and grabs the girl's hand, holding it tight and closing her eyes. There's a suggestion of a glow around Sister Bakewell's hands, but it's faint, particularly in the daylight.
    Faudre's mostly just making sure nothing happens, so that she can get out of here as soon as possible.

"If we need meat, we shall hunt for it," Faudre says, her distate for most everyone here written on her face. She watches the priestess with scorn as well. It seemed that whoever these people prayed to held no qualms about this.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-02-22 at 10:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Orc in the Playground

Chapel

Sister Bakewell turns to Cecil and looks up at him. "She's something special. I've never seen a slave so good. You can send her straight to Skyside with the next load. She's well fed, well hydrated, no injuries or disease, perfect. Especially with those eyes." Cecil nods in response, and motions for Thaddeus to come forward.
    "Take the girl, put her on her own. I don't want the others damaging her. And send someone out with a barrel of diesel. The heaviest, I think. He deserves it." The bodyguard nods and takes the girl's chain from Rivet, leading her towards the church.

Rivet's face, meanwhile, lights up, and he looks toward the church eagerly for the fuel. Sister Bakewell turns and looks up at the two humans. "How about you two, or your riding-lizard? You hurt, ill? I know medicine to heal you up, if you need it. Only price is listening to me talk about Lord Bane, my god."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

[Open Field]

Willa leads her new friend to a blank grassy field half a mile from the DFI. There's not much to say about it; it's just an empty field.
    "So, uh, yeah. Here we are. Blank place." she announces, having since put her coat back on.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #352
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Given Location]

Arkant appears at the given Location from Johnathan. Next to him is his bodyguard from Skyside. Neither of them appears more geared up then before. In some distance, hidden behind a mountain is another of Arkants Minions. Waiting with a shuttle to save his master if needed. Arkant himself has added a spell on himself in case something happenes.

They wait for the other men to appear.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Given Location -> ruined village
    The coordinates lead to a ruined village. The simple wooden houses have been shelled and torched. Skeletal forms wearing the uniforms of dozens of different armies are at work digging trenches around the town, and Arkant may see more such creatures Manning machine gun emplacements and sniper nests hidden among the buildings. The stench of mustard gas hangs heavy in the air. Regardless of whether Arkant enters the village, Johnathan will approach him. He is flanked by two skeletons in uniform. "You came. Welcome to my latest conquest. What do you think? Follow me to the command center." Johnathan leads the way to the basement of the largest building in the town, where a table with a map of Outside has been set up. The map is dotted with multicolored pins.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #354

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Chapel

Sister Bakewell turns to Cecil and looks up at him. "She's something special. I've never seen a slave so good. You can send her straight to Skyside with the next load. She's well fed, well hydrated, no injuries or disease, perfect. Especially with those eyes." Cecil nods in response, and motions for Thaddeus to come forward.
    "Take the girl, put her on her own. I don't want the others damaging her. And send someone out with a barrel of diesel. The heaviest, I think. He deserves it." The bodyguard nods and takes the girl's chain from Rivet, leading her towards the church.

Rivet's face, meanwhile, lights up, and he looks toward the church eagerly for the fuel. Sister Bakewell turns and looks up at the two humans. "How about you two, or your riding-lizard? You hurt, ill? I know medicine to heal you up, if you need it. Only price is listening to me talk about Lord Bane, my god."
    Faudre's eyes narrow once more. "My companion will heal in time." Though Bakewell couldn't possibly know this, Faudre has known Haar since he was a hatchling, and 'riding-lizard' was not nearly good enough to refer to Haar. "But for myself, I have been struck by some of the strange weapons of this land. I would listen to the words of your god for treatment."

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Open Field]

Willa leads her new friend to a blank grassy field half a mile from the DFI. There's not much to say about it; it's just an empty field.
    "So, uh, yeah. Here we are. Blank place." she announces, having since put her coat back on.
    Ash puts her hands in the pockets of her vest. "Yeah, it's definitely a field. I've practiced conjuring in places like this before. You don't worry as much about breaking things."

25. - Top - End - #355

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    The coordinates lead to a ruined village. The simple wooden houses have been shelled and torched. Skeletal forms wearing the uniforms of dozens of different armies are at work digging trenches around the town, and Arkant may see more such creatures Manning machine gun emplacements and sniper nests hidden among the buildings. The stench of mustard gas hangs heavy in the air. Regardless of whether Arkant enters the village, Johnathan will approach him. He is flanked by two skeletons in uniform. "You came. Welcome to my latest conquest. What do you think? Follow me to the command center." Johnathan leads the way to the basement of the largest building in the town, where a table with a map of Outside has been set up. The map is dotted with multicolored pins.

Arkant will not enter the village, neither will he follow. He looks at the village using his magic to scan everything.

"I think this is terrible." he answers Johnathan's question. Then holds a hand up to ask him to wait. "You understand why I don't want to follow you? I'm still not sure what you want from me. Tell me why you took this place for....whatever you fight for."

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined village
    "I fight to live and live to fight. Let me tell you a story. Once upon a time, there was a war. Every nation on the globe watched with anticipation, and many of them fought. For many years, the war dragged on in an ever-bloodier stalemate, and it was glorious. That war eventually ended, as wars are prone to do, but some never stopped fighting it." Johnathan's goggled gaze never leaves Arkant.

If Arkant is magically scanning the village, he will detect undead everywhere. What's more important,
    is that Johnathan will appear to the sensor not as human, but as a powerful undead creature. If Arkant has excellent conversation skills, it may seem like Johnathan is stalling for time.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #357

Ruined village

Arkant listens. He is aware that Johnathan stalls time. I mean he asked for a clear answer not a story of his life. He holds his hand up to interupt the undead.

"Stop it. Tell me what you want now. I don't have the time to listen to stories I already know." His words carry again a mind effekting effect. Even the skeleton soldiers with at least a little will power might be influenced.

Arkant didn't know Johonathan's story, but he caused simular in other worlds.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Village
    Johnathan's will is more than strong enough to resist the suggestion. "I want war! True war, not these paltry skirmishes! I want an enemy worthy of my vast power, not pathetic villagers who can't even hold a gun. The words have a tone similar to that of an addict on withdrawal. Soon, Arkant will see what he's stalling for. A vehicle like a metal box with treads (an old tank, if Arkant would recognize it) approaches very loudly and slowly up the street toward them.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-27 at 07:46 AM.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #359

Ruined Village

He is well aware of tanks. In fact Arkant has met far more advanced technologie then that. He just is more the magic spellcaster type then spending his time in physikal craftsmanship. After all he seems surpised. He didn't thought this would be Johnathan's secret.
    For now Arkant doesn't see Johnathan as an addicted. He appears more like a possesed Person. Maybe he can use this for his own goals.

"Then what is my role in here?" he asks in an annoyed sound. "I don't got any army to call in to statisfy you and I admit, even if I get one I wouldn't waste it for that."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Village
    Johnathan didn't expect Arkant to need his services. "Maybe you know someone who needs an army? The only payment I need is the thrill of battle, the roar of aircraft, the blast of artillery, all wielded against a strong foe. Perhaps you know of a force which needs knocking down, their land salted and burned?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-02-28 at 11:23 AM.

My Nexus characters