New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1472

Thread: Outside 46

1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 46

[Out in the Woods]

"Nnnnnngh," is Amity's response, her voice creaking like someone who spent last night dead, "Never had something that strong before," she says, evidently unable to keep her eyes open. At least she stops struggling to stand up.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chapel

Faudre's struggles to keep her breathing regular - that wound definitely pierced something important. "Follow-" she winces in pain. At least she wasn't bleeding into her lungs. "Follow the tribespeople. Make sure they are safe." The others were at least heading to places that had some level of security, but she wasn't sure of the women. Even as Haar turned in their direction, though, Faudre felt her strength begin to fade.

Clearing

Keiko tilts her head. "Such an odd world, where weapons are kept as ornaments. Is there no war here?" She shakes her head. She just couldn't fathom the idea of someone carrying a weapon without being at least prepared to use it.

"I... forgive me, I am still having trouble with the idea. A weapon is only a weapon in my home, there has never been one with a spirit. If you are more comfortable speaking as you are, I will not stop you."

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Clearing]

"Wellllll... yes and no." The spirit replies. "This strange land does indeed see conflict, though its more battles and duels than armies and campaigns. However, there's a fair amount of citizenry who don't have to worry about such concerns. Many come from places where the nihontō became surpassed by the tanegashima; To them, such noble implements of war as myself are nothing more but curios, works of art to be admired - flattering, but it does not sate our purpose."

Those friendly eyes close a little, as if the owner is smiling. "It is perfectly fine. Even so, I hope you do not mind that I reveal myself more fully." Keiko will soon realize this is rhetorical, not a request for permission. the blade shines a little before her, and the light slowly seeps into the air above the blade before coalescing into the ethereal figure of a woman. Clad in a sleeveless white tank top and that pairs well with the woman's oriental complexion, her long brown hair pulled back with a simple cloth that matches the ebony shade of her baggy traditional japanese leggings, Murasaki's more human form cuts a strong and sharp profile. Her steel-grey eyes shine with an aura of eager friendliness as she bows towards Keiko, greeting her with a smile.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Out In The Woods

After a bit, Sugar sighs and sits up, letting go of her guest. The Wolfen looked incredibly groggy and her stomach growled audibly from a desire for food. "If ya wanna repay me fer all that trouble, you can stay fer breakfast at least. An' besides, ya gotta wait fer yer clothes to finish dryin'." She points out, finally getting up completely to stagger over to the kitchen. Her gas stove clicks on and it isn't too long before the smell of coffee fills the air and she begins to mix together a batter to cook flapjacks with. "Still plenty of meat for Big an' Tall over there. And dun worry, I didn't mess with yer guns apart from layin' them on the table." She adds. nodding towards Amity's arsenal.

Nightfall

When night is finally falling, Sorrow pulls her armor on and simply scoops up Jani and their packed food before using her jet pack to carry them away from Skyside. Jani will likely have to use the blanket Sorrow recommended, but after a good half hour of flight Sorrow touches down gently in a clearing and sets the other woman down. Despite having to carry Janissara the entire way, Sorrow doesn't look the least bit worn out by carrying her so far. Once Sorrow is out of her armor, she reaches into a compartment of her waist armor and pulls out a small flask of strong alcohol to offer to Jani. "Just a sip to help warm up. After that, let's set up the blankets and you'll see why I brought you out here once the clouds part and the sun is fully gone."

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Orc in the Playground

Chapel

The tribals run for about an hour, quite happy to run the distance, before they stop and look around to ensure they aren't followed. They're in quite long grass, and they duck down and disappear.

They've entered a hidden bunker their ancestors found a long time ago, and where they're safe, except that they need to leave for food and water.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1266

[Dragon Mountain]

If I had to speculate I'd say that he showed you just what you needed to be shown to be lured out here. He did imply that his dreams were emanating to those who could help without his input, but I suspect that was intentional misdirection. Likely the dreams you were shown were specifically chosen for you and sent deliberately. Marshall does not trust in coincidence around fae. Everything is manipulated to their ends. Now as to whether you benefit, I couldn't say. At a guess I'd say that having this conversation but still going through with the ritual would entitle you, karmically, to a reward. Or it might mean you were just fooled by the fae even harder. He offers a conciliatory shrug.

If it makes you feel better about it I am likely being fooled as well. Fae, you understand. You can be very careful and still get hoodwinked. They tend to just be better at that than anyone else is - too much practice with each other. Direct conversations like this do tend to help against their machinations. Clears up misconceptions that they can use to fool you. In any case, regardless of rewards the King gives you I'd expect you'd at least earn the favour of the dragon we're reviving.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-09-09 at 04:53 PM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1267

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Nightfall

When night is finally falling, Sorrow pulls her armor on and simply scoops up Jani and their packed food before using her jet pack to carry them away from Skyside. Jani will likely have to use the blanket Sorrow recommended, but after a good half hour of flight Sorrow touches down gently in a clearing and sets the other woman down. Despite having to carry Janissara the entire way, Sorrow doesn't look the least bit worn out by carrying her so far. Once Sorrow is out of her armor, she reaches into a compartment of her waist armor and pulls out a small flask of strong alcohol to offer to Jani. "Just a sip to help warm up. After that, let's set up the blankets and you'll see why I brought you out here once the clouds part and the sun is fully gone."
    Jani gasps a little as Sorrow scoops her up, cheeks regaining that all-too-familiar hue as she clasps her own hands behind the taller woman's neck. Pulling that comfy blanket around herself swiftly becomes necessary, for as much as she loves the cute little dress she's wearing, the Sororitas soon realizes that it's a little too thin and breezy on its own. Aside from its application though, she clings tightly to Sorrow the entire time, finding more than enough comfort pressing against her armor to dispel her slight fear of heights.

Sorrow sets her down with ease and small shiver runs up Jani's spine as her bare feet touch the grass below them, unused to the feeling or even the sight of the lush clearing - though she doesn't find either thing unpleasant, just the opposite! She hadn't seen many planets, let alone set foot upon them so unarmored - and besides, aside from the arid desert world she grew up on they were mostly hive worlds or planets already so ravaged with conflict that little greenery remained.

Taking a small sip from the flask (and doing an adorably bad job trying not to show her dislike for the taste), Janissara nods, unwrapping the blanket around her. "This is a wonderful little place, I like it already!" she remarks, waving the blanket open before setting it down gently before the pair.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

A Gate between dimensions oppens. In the gap, one can see the emptiness of space, and from inside, a tall figure is walking on nothingness. He is wearing a Black Wizard's hat, and a sleevless Black Leather Coat, with Runic Tatoos all over his body. There is a Ring on his middle Finger. His eyes are glowing Red. As his feet touch the sand, his eyes turn to a green colour. A black cat walks by him, following his steps.

As he turns to close the gate by extending his hand towards it, he dares ask the cat:

-You think we made it this time? Or is it another one of their infinite layers? How many times does that make? 100? 1000? I'm not sure what's real and what's fake anymore.

The cat looks him in the eyes. It looks unease.

-Let's keep a low profile for now. And have a chat with the locals. I've already used a 9th level spell, and want to avoid using too much magic before I learn the local's disposition towards it, or how easily they are able to locate it.

Saying this, both the cat and the Mage start running away from the location of the Portal, avoiding some crabs who are coming their way.

Please visit and review my System.
    Generalist Sorcerer

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

Nightfall

Sorrow takes time to help with the blanket and the food, setting it aside just in time for the clouds to part. With a brief glance up, she'll sit down and pat the blanket next to her. As soon as Jani sits, she reaches up, grabs her shoulder, and then lays back while dragging Jani back as well. "Look up." She commands gently. Should Jani do so, she'll see that as the clouds part, she'll get a good look at the alien night sky. Swirls of deep purples, violets, oranges and reds flow through deep space, easily visible between the foreign constellations and at least two and a half moons. One was phasing in and out of sight, one looked normal, and the half of one seemed almost entirely mechanical in construction.

In the far distance, galaxies seem to be moving rapidly, blinking in and out or merging with others.

Sorrow gives Jani a few long minutes to look at the sky before talking. "Jani, you probably still harbor doubts, but take a look at all of that. I've only seen a similar sight next to the Eye itself as reality warped and shifted. But here, where realities beyond our own coalesce and merge...the Imperium is a long distance and the only thing that matters is you. You and your choice of fate. If you wish to continue serving the God-Emperor, do so. No one here will judge you for it. But you will always be free to choose how you wish to serve him. There is no Ecclesiarchy. There is no Inquisition. As far as I am aware, we're the only two Sororitas here as well so we do not even have a chapel to serve or care for. You are what you wish to make of yourself." She finishes, turning to face Jani.

"You are the only one that gets to decide that. Remember it."

10. - Top - End - #1270

Quote Originally Posted by Asmotherion View Post
    [The Beach]

A Gate between dimensions oppens. In the gap, one can see the emptiness of space, and from inside, a tall figure is walking on nothingness. He is wearing a Black Wizard's hat, and a sleevless Black Leather Coat, with Runic Tatoos all over his body. There is a Ring on his middle Finger. His eyes are glowing Red. As his feet touch the sand, his eyes turn to a green colour. A black cat walks by him, following his steps.

As he turns to close the gate by extending his hand towards it, he dares ask the cat:

-You think we made it this time? Or is it another one of their infinite layers? How many times does that make? 100? 1000? I'm not sure what's real and what's fake anymore.

The cat looks him in the eyes. It looks unease.

-Let's keep a low profile for now. And have a chat with the locals. I've already used a 9th level spell, and want to avoid using too much magic before I learn the local's disposition towards it, or how easily they are able to locate it.

Saying this, both the cat and the Mage start running away from the location of the Portal, avoiding some crabs who are coming their way.
    [The Beach]

After a time the mage and the cat might see a pair of dwarves standing by the shore. The taller is dressed in fine silks dyed black and blue, with a well maintained beard. He's holding a fishing rod. The younger is dressed in what looks like plain cotton garb, with a five o'clock shadow just coming in. His fishing rod is a lot smaller and doesn't look quite as nice. He must be pretty young!

As he nears, he'll overhear their conversation.

Aye lad, I know. But your mother can't look after both of you at once and Olon is older. You'll get a chance later alright? Besides, isn't this fun? You get to fish with your ol' da. The elder says, patting his son on the back.

Ok... says the slightly dejected son. Are we gonna catch a shark dad? He perks up slightly as he questions his dad.

We'll see lad, we'll see. His dad promises with a smile.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    [The Beach]

After a time the mage and the cat might see a pair of dwarves standing by the shore. The taller is dressed in fine silks dyed black and blue, with a well maintained beard. He's holding a fishing rod. The younger is dressed in what looks like plain cotton garb, with a five o'clock shadow just coming in. His fishing rod is a lot smaller and doesn't look quite as nice. He must be pretty young!

As he nears, he'll overhear their conversation.

Aye lad, I know. But your mother can't look after both of you at once and Olon is older. You'll get a chance later alright? Besides, isn't this fun? You get to fish with your ol' da. The elder says, patting his son on the back.

Ok... says the slightly dejected son. Are we gonna catch a shark dad? He perks up slightly as he questions his dad.

We'll see lad, we'll see. His dad promises with a smile.
    [The Beach]

Passing by, the Mage is delighted to see the two dwarves. They might react to his obvious Elven origin (Some Dwarves do, the Mage knows that), but nevertheless he goes straight to them, and out of politeness stands a few feet away before engaging in conversation:

-Good evening! I hope I did not startle you. You see I am relativelly new to this particular location, and would be grateful for any directions and informations about were I happen to be. I am sorry to admit I am kind of lost.

He smiles politely saying this, and the cat approaches him and climbs on his back, looking at the two dwarves with a puzzled gaze.

Generalist Sorcerer

12. - Top - End - #1272

[The Beach]

While the father seems focused on his fishing, his son is the first to notice the approach of the mage. He gasps, turning to whisper to his dad.

Dad! There's an... elf. He glances back at the elf, worried.

Ah, no, it's uh... it's fine. The elder says, glancing between him and his cat, slightly anxiously. Always off cavorting with nature these elves. But... no, no there's no way they know about all the trees. Well uh, right now you're on the beach. If you head up that way a little you'll find Inside, the major city around these parts. Back down the way you came a while longer and inland you'll find Oshurfeb, although I suppose we are underneath some... league? Good League of Good, that was it, damned silly name if you ask me. You're mumbling Utost stay on topic. Oh and uh, there's riverside I think a bit further on. In some sort of strife right now I think? Bit of a bother, I'd stick to Inside if I were you.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1273

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Nightfall

Sorrow takes time to help with the blanket and the food, setting it aside just in time for the clouds to part. With a brief glance up, she'll sit down and pat the blanket next to her. As soon as Jani sits, she reaches up, grabs her shoulder, and then lays back while dragging Jani back as well. "Look up." She commands gently. Should Jani do so, she'll see that as the clouds part, she'll get a good look at the alien night sky. Swirls of deep purples, violets, oranges and reds flow through deep space, easily visible between the foreign constellations and at least two and a half moons. One was phasing in and out of sight, one looked normal, and the half of one seemed almost entirely mechanical in construction.

In the far distance, galaxies seem to be moving rapidly, blinking in and out or merging with others.

Sorrow gives Jani a few long minutes to look at the sky before talking. "Jani, you probably still harbor doubts, but take a look at all of that. I've only seen a similar sight next to the Eye itself as reality warped and shifted. But here, where realities beyond our own coalesce and merge...the Imperium is a long distance and the only thing that matters is you. You and your choice of fate. If you wish to continue serving the God-Emperor, do so. No one here will judge you for it. But you will always be free to choose how you wish to serve him. There is no Ecclesiarchy. There is no Inquisition. As far as I am aware, we're the only two Sororitas here as well so we do not even have a chapel to serve or care for. You are what you wish to make of yourself." She finishes, turning to face Jani.

"You are the only one that gets to decide that. Remember it."
    As directed, Jani turns her cerise eyes towards the sky. Cuddling up against Sorrow affectionately, an audible gasp slips past her lips as she takes in wondrous sight above. The swirling conflux of galaxies, the glittering spectacle of stars and far-off planets, the strange moons above... it was all so alien, so chaotic and disordered... yet the chaos held such an enthralling beauty. A small corner of her mind couldn't help but wonder if she had missed such beauty all those alien worlds, too blinded by her duty and her doctrine to realize it.

Then Sorrow spoke, and Jani turned her gaze back to the woman beside her. She drank in her words fully, taking in the wisdom imparted with something close to reverence. The Khornate had made quite the impression upon her in the short few days they had known each other, that much was clear. "I-I will." She promised wholeheartedly, staring back into her eyes almost adoringly. A moment passed as a brief little skirmish of emotions played out before Janissara shyly leaned closer towards Sorrow, hesitating just a little more before timidly attempting to kiss her.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [B]

[Brass Tower]

"Well I'm soooort of a magic user, and I never had a lab! Maybe that's why I'm not very good at it though?" Sylvess laughs, not afraid to admit this particular shortcoming. "I'm sure your lab is very nice and very useful and I'd love it if you showed off some awesome magic for me sometime. But we've clearly gotta work on these baths, make them big enough for us both to fit in at once."
    [Brass Tower]

"Well, if you want to take a bath, we can both fit if I pick a smaller shape. From what you've said you must be used to having a kobold wash you." Spako says, giving Sylvess a mischievous look as he says it.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Ogre in the Playground

Nightfall

Sorrow certainly wasn't ready for the kiss, but she doesn't break away from it either. Of all the responses that could have happened, she hadn't really thought this would be one of them. She's left, blinking in confusion as she tries to puzzle out a response. She stares back, silent, likely leaving Jani thinking she'd gone too far...until Sorrow smiles slightly, rolls on top of Jani and then stares down at her. How couldn't Sorrow respond? After all, Jani was adorable, cute, naive...and apparently more than willing to either make moves upon a heretic or going unthinkable lengths to get said heretic to lower her guard so she could kill her.

Or just plain desperate for affection.

After a moment, her smile fades though and she looks up and around them for a moment. "...I suppose it is chilly out, particularly after the trip over." She declares before dragging blankets and curtains over them both. Sorrow wasn't all that chilly herself, but she wouldn't be able to find it in herself to deny any accusations for being terribly desperate herself.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

While the father seems focused on his fishing, his son is the first to notice the approach of the mage. He gasps, turning to whisper to his dad.

Dad! There's an... elf. He glances back at the elf, worried.

Ah, no, it's uh... it's fine. The elder says, glancing between him and his cat, slightly anxiously. Always off cavorting with nature these elves. But... no, no there's no way they know about all the trees. Well uh, right now you're on the beach. If you head up that way a little you'll find Inside, the major city around these parts. Back down the way you came a while longer and inland you'll find Oshurfeb, although I suppose we are underneath some... league? Good League of Good, that was it, damned silly name if you ask me. You're mumbling Utost stay on topic. Oh and uh, there's riverside I think a bit further on. In some sort of strife right now I think? Bit of a bother, I'd stick to Inside if I were you.
    [The Beach]

The Mage Stands there, trying to figure out were he wants to go.

-And, if you don't mind me asking, what is this League of Good's agenda? Fanatics against all Evil or something? And what would this Strife at... Riverside was it? be about? Anything of interest?

As he lets his curiosity get the best of him, he quickly follows by:

-Just want to know who the power players are in this land. I don't want to sound like a complete fool on my next discussion haha.

Generalist Sorcerer

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Halfling in the Playground

Brass Tower]

"Spakoooo! Sylvess whines at him, giving him a light shove. That was a cheap shot, Spako! Way to make your new dragon maybe-boyfriend-probably feel guilty! "That's not faaair! I-I-I should be the one washing you, o-or something!" He coughs, ducking his head under his wing. "I, um, I wooould quite like a bath. Just, um, no weird pretending to be a kobold servant, okay?"

[Dragon Mountain]

Damon doesn't look particularly convinced by Marshall's words - although in fairness it'd be rather hard to tell if he looked particularly anything when he's all covered in flames like that. "Hmm. Dragonss I've known in the passt have been ssselfissh, traitorousss creaturess. I do not like the idea of ssimply hoping that thiss dragon rewardss our effortss when it iss awoken." He shrugs, "Perhapss thiss dragon iss different. Who knowss? If thiss iss all ssome fae trick, it would sseem we didn't play along quite long enough. A little more incentive would be mosst welcome."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ogre in the Playground

[Brass Tower]

Spako grins and stomps down the stairs to the lowest level. Down there is a clean bathroom, with a large pit dug in the center with a tub big enough for a dragon. Plus one significantly smaller one beside it.
    ”See? One big enough for a small dragon with some growing to do, one medium sized dragon, or a mix of some smaller folks.”

19. - Top - End - #1279

Quote Originally Posted by Asmotherion View Post
    [The Beach]

The Mage Stands there, trying to figure out were he wants to go.

-And, if you don't mind me asking, what is this League of Good's agenda? Fanatics against all Evil or something? And what would this Strife at... Riverside was it? be about? Anything of interest?

As he lets his curiosity get the best of him, he quickly follows by:

-Just want to know who the power players are in this land. I don't want to sound like a complete fool on my next discussion haha.
    They're some sorta... daycare now? He says, frowning. Is that right? He really should have asked more about that. I guess they probably dislike evil. Sort of in the name isn't it?

And then oh god more questions. Utost you need to take more interest in the world around you if you're going to be acting as a guide. ....something to do with demons? Tell you the truth I don't know much about it. He admits, tugging on his line as it starts to kick. Oh here we go Endok!

His son (Endok apparently) manages to tear his eyes away from the stranger to watch his dad real in the fish.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

They're some sorta... daycare now? He says, frowning. Is that right? He really should have asked more about that. I guess they probably dislike evil. Sort of in the name isn't it?

And then oh god more questions. Utost you need to take more interest in the world around you if you're going to be acting as a guide. ....something to do with demons? Tell you the truth I don't know much about it. He admits, tugging on his line as it starts to kick. Oh here we go Endok!

His son (Endok apparently) manages to tear his eyes away from the stranger to watch his dad real in the fish.
    [The Beach]

Noticing the fishing poles and the older Dwarve's atempt to real in for the first time, the Mage takes a small book out from the inside pocket of his Leather Coat, and starts searching the pages. At some point, he notices the page he's after, and starts reading aloud. His Eyes become red, and he talks in some strange language.

A moment latter the sea in front of the dwarves is full of fish, who are coming closer and closer to the coast, almost begging to be removed from the water.

-This is a small sign of gratitude, stranger, for the informations you provided. Take what you need. Tell me, have you seen people with powers similar to mine around this realm? If so, were can I meet them? You mentioned Demons, so magic must not be completely alien to this world?

The Mage puts his book back in his coat.
    Last edited by Asmotherion; 2018-09-10 at 07:12 PM.

Generalist Sorcerer

21. - Top - End - #1281

[The Beach]

D-dad the elf's being weird! Endok says, turning back to the elf.

Ah, this is just magic boy. Utost says, trying to hide his own fear. It's obvious to the mage that he's unnerved by this display of magic, but his son takes comfort in it. Of course, when the fish start bubbling to the surface Endok grabs a net and starts pulling them out. He knows dinner when he sees it.

Y-yeah, there's probably some magic folk around. I think there was some wizardy folk around GLoG actually. Hadn't he seen someone there?

We got enough fish, boy? Endok nods to his father. Here, we'll show you the way. I'm Utost, by the way. The two dwarves quickly pack up their fishing gear - including a bucket full of some rather cramped fish.

Show

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Beach]

D-dad the elf's being weird! Endok says, turning back to the elf.

Ah, this is just magic boy. Utost says, trying to hide his own fear. It's obvious to the mage that he's unnerved by this display of magic, but his son takes comfort in it. Of course, when the fish start bubbling to the surface Endok grabs a net and starts pulling them out. He knows dinner when he sees it.

Y-yeah, there's probably some magic folk around. I think there was some wizardy folk around GLoG actually. Hadn't he seen someone there?

We got enough fish, boy? Endok nods to his father. Here, we'll show you the way. I'm Utost, by the way. The two dwarves quickly pack up their fishing gear - including a bucket full of some rather cramped fish.
    -How unpolite of me! I completely forgot to introduce myself! I'm known with many names, but you can call me Draken if you want for short...

The cat maws on Draken's shoulder.

-Oh, and this is Vanghast, my familiar, who wants to introduce himself, and at the same time, wants to let you know is interested in ingesting one or more of your fish. You are being rather rude Vanghast, you know that? In any case, nice to meet the both of you, and thank you for your hospitality.

Vanghast maws again, looking at the fish. Draken smiles politely.

Generalist Sorcerer

23. - Top - End - #1283

[The Beach]

Draken works fine for me. Utost completely slaughters the pronunciation of the name.

Dad can I...? Endok turns to his dad and asks quietly, before getting a nod from his father. He fishes a small fish out of the bucket and holds it up to the cat. Hello kitty! He says, smiling. He is much, much shorter than Draken is, so Vanghast will have to work for his fish.

Meanwhile, Utost starts to turn and lead Draken towards GLoG. Just this way then. Should only take a half hour or so.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ralton Falls]

Tedium was once a constant companion in the relatively peaceful village of Ralton Falls, hidden within a lush and nameless valley flanking a small forest. Once a large town centered around a prosperous trading post, a nasty fire over thirty years ago claimed almost everything, reducing the town to little more than a ghost of its former self. Having never recovered, the dirt paths and winding roads have dwindled in size and maintenance as the years have passed; what was a wide, stone-paved highway through the valley, all the way up towards the towering trading post overlooking the village, has become a narrow, winding track of dust, sometimes fading entirely into the surrounding terrain.

The small village of Ralton Falls consists of little more than a few dozen ramshackle houses flanked by a tall cliff whose waterfall remains a landmark. Rolling hills surround the village, while the west is bordered by a light forest. South of the village, the brush has been cleared, and a long string of paddy fields stretches out into the distance, webbed with irrigation ditches branching off from a stream that separates the village from the farmlands.

Anulhi, accompanied by her elven ally, arrive upon the cliffs edge, overlooking the village.

"The human village is down there, but my family, we live in the woods that direction."

"What now?"

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Mountain]

Cassandra (though of course, being terribly rude, she has yet to introduce herself as such, for now being merely "strange hooded lady with stick") merely shrugs. "If resurrection is truly your intention, that would be quite a sight to see," she says, her tone bouncing coquettishly in the realm somewhere between bemusement, doubt, and genuine curiosity. "Perhaps it may end up being a trick, but it'd be interesting nonetheless. If you succeed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

26. - Top - End - #1286

[Brass Tower]

Sylvess proves to be rather impatient here - either jumping straight in the tub if it's full, or waiting the bare minimum amount of time for it to fill before hopping in. Either way, there's a dragon in that tub very quickly. "Ahh, I have miiiissed this. Thank you, Spako." He smiles gratefully, submerging himself as deep into the water as he can.

He's, um, he's not particularly decent or dignified about this. It's entirely possible some water gets sloshed over the side. Silly dragon.

"W-would be nicer if I could have you in here with me, though. Y-you sure you don't mind?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Brass Tower]

Spako shrugs his wings and gives a shake of his head.
    ”Oh, it’s no trouble at all.” he tells Sylvess, and then shrinks down immensely, and lands on the dragon’s nose as the King of Saxony. Spako’s bird identity is a bird of paradise about the size of a pigeon, with plumage that is a swirl of red and orange and blue and green. His wings and tail are long and flowing like a royal’s robes, and his namesake’s crests bounce on top of his head.
    He makes a soft twittering noise, but he can’t sing, not even as a bird.

28. - Top - End - #1288

[Brass Tower]

Sylvess blinks and peers at the little bird on the end of his snout, almost going cross-eyed as he tries to focus on something so near. Awww, he's so cute like this! And such lovely plumage too! Such a shame Sylvess can't turn into anything similar - such are the quirks of transformations from one dragon to the next. "You look veeery pretty like this. I'm a little jealous, I-" Sylvess sniffs and pauses. Oh dear, those feathers. "Your- ah- feathers, they're ah-ah-AH" And then he sneezes a heavy dragon-y sneeze, a little puff of gas even leeking out of his mouth in the process. "S-sorry!"

29. - Top - End - #1289

[Ralton Falls]

The saber stops once Anulhi indicates for them to pause. But if the halfling does not jump off, she will suddenly find herself sitting on Anika's back as she is looking around the area
    "'kay, we should probably focus on saving what can be saved, though keep in mind, if there is no cure we probably have to burn the village or something or the infection will just spread. So let's find your family's home first to make sure they're okay, then we head for the village."

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Ralton Falls]

Having never ridden an animal of any sort, the prospect of going saddleless over long distance was particularly concerning to the halfling. In fact, her grandmother had once told her, "Never go saddleless with an elf!", but somehow Anulhi rather doubted she was being literal. For the duration of the journey, the somewhat frightened halfling clings quite tightly to Anika, her freckled face pressed close to her back as she struggles to remain calm. By the time the pair arrive upon the cliffs overlooking the village, Anulhi's legs are positively shaking out of physical stress.

With her legs (and rear) quite sore from the trip, Anulhi fails to dismount in time, and instead merely collapses upon Anika, still gripping her quite tightly, her small hands no doubt pressed close in rather intimate areas. Once she shakes her head and realizes what she has occurred, and that she was now sprawled atop the elf, she blushes intensely and attempts to step away, merely falling over due to the jelly-like consistency of her very sore legs. How she wished she had worn slightly more fur! Having collapsed onto the ground beside Anika, she merely stays there, staring upwards.

She stammers quickly, but makes no real attempt to stand up.

"S-Sorry. That was... something."

"Everything hurts."
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-11 at 04:26 PM.