New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Question Legend of the Elements? (Avatar like RPG)

Has anyone played the RPG Legend of the Elements by Max Hervieux? I saw it while searching for roleplaying ideas, and being a fan of Avatar I was wondering if it was any good. I have only seen one review for it so far, which has described the game, both character creation and gameplay wise, quick, easy, and open-ended, but it aslo had some completely useless abilities, items and stuff were only for flavor, in some cases situations were too simple, and the GMing advice/rules were complete bogus. Can anyone confirm this, or if not what was your experience.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Legend of the Elements? (Avatar like RPG)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreatorT View Post
    Has anyone played the RPG Legend of the Elements by Max Hervieux? I saw it while searching for roleplaying ideas, and being a fan of Avatar I was wondering if it was any good. I have only seen one review for it so far, which has described the game, both character creation and gameplay wise, quick, easy, and open-ended, but it aslo had some completely useless abilities, items and stuff were only for flavor, in some cases situations were too simple, and the GMing advice/rules were complete bogus. Can anyone confirm this, or if not what was your experience.
    Never played that game, but it uses the PBtA system. If you're having trouble with it, check out Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, or Urban Shadows. They are (in my opinion) the best three in that system. Not counting Blades in the Dark, but that's a bit more 'inspired' than directly the system.