New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Question Re: Folding@Home

Here is the start of an FAQ for folding@home for our team.

Question: How does this work?
    Ans: In folding at home, there are many different areas of research (related to figuring out diseases and to help figure out how to stop or cure them) that need computational help. The work is broken down into small pieces (work units) so that it can be given to volunteer computers around the world. Currently there about 200,000 computers from just about all countries participating in this project. Without this support, much of this research just wouldn't be possible. The work is non-profit and made public to everyone.

Qn: Will this cause me to get viruses or something similar?
    Ans: This is a very secure project, everything is between your computer and their server and is highly encrypted. There are no others involved. Privacy is very strict, no information outside of the project itself is passed (not even email address). Google has done an in-depth security analysis of this project and it resulted that this was the only research project that was accepted into the Google bar. (Google has redone its Google bar but was unfortunately not compatible so Google suggested to use one of the available clients instead).

Qn: So how does it work?
    Ans: After installing the client (see below for more info about clients), and answering some questions (e.g. what is your team number!!!), a project workunit is sent to your system. Your system does the calculation and then sends back the results of the calculation. Note that work units from different projects are different and cannot be compared to other project work units to see how fast it will complete it.
    This, and other similar projects (e.g. SETI) are designed to work with your computer's idle time only. For example surfing on the internet usually uses just a little bit of the computer's capability (let's say 10% average), so the rest can be used for folding (90% in this case)!
    You can specify how much of the idle you want left (it is called CPU usage %). I normally suggest around 80% instead of 100%. Folding goes a little bit slower, but I find that it becomes unnoticeable (and the benchmarks results are also just about identical with folding at 80% and no folding at all).

Qn: How will this affect my computer?
    Ans: Folding does work the CPU harder (and so hotter), similar to when working with video files. This shouldn't have any significant impact on the computer life in just about all cases. Some exceptions are a) computers without a working exhaust fan, b) computers that are over-clocked without adequate cooling, c) computers that are chocked full of dust bunnies.
    Those are many of the same reasons that folding can have trouble working on a system (see the comments below about the windows graphic client for the other main reasons). For those that do overclocking (otherwise ignore this sentence!) , prime stable isn't good enough - drop the FSB by just a little is usually all that is needed.
    Adjusting the CPU usage % is also important if the computer gets too noisy while folding, or too warm, especially notebooks/laptop PCs. e.g. On my old notebook, I noticed that at 40% CPU usage the fan stays very quiet, but at 80% it is noisy.

Qn: How much electricity will this use?
    Ans: The extra work above idle mean that the computer uses up a bit more power than idling. Two examples: on my old P3 computer, it is about 15 watts more than idle, on my newer computer X2 it is about 25 watts more than idle. Notebooks usually use less power, high-end system usually use more.
    For my X2, running 24/7 even if it wasn't folding, at 0.06/kWh local power cost, this works out to be just over $1/month. As 95%+ of the power use goes to heat, in the winter months (5 months...) when heat produced is desired, the net cost is closer to $0.10 month. The P3 is only on a 4 hours a day average, so the cost is much lower ($0.07 per month).
    Of course if use to have the computer on for 4 hrs a day and now want it to go 24hrs, then it is the difference between "off" (usually under 10 watts unless turn off by unplugging/power-bar) and full-use (for my X2 around 110 watts) so that would be much more noticeable.

Qn: There are many different programs available for download! What are the differences between them?
    Ands: There are several different type of folding programs (called clients) available. Each have their own advantages & disadvantages. You only need to pick one, and you can change to a different one if you want. Here is the list:

A) The "Windows 2000/XP/Vista Graphical client" is often the first choice, but it has one significant issue for some people.
    This issue is that this client uses 3D graphics to draw the molecules, Windows dislikes having two 3D programs running at the same time (including some screen savers), but it can be the graphics on the system that can be the problem. ATI 9600 series graphics are known to have serious issues (e.g. system crashes) so are not suggested with this client. For other cards, if they have a problem, it is usually a 3D graphic program (e.g. a game) trying to use the full screen that gets bumped back to a window or minimized. If that is the case, just use another folding client, or stop the folding program when using the 3D application.
    A minor cosmetic problem (as some here already have noted) is that the estimate for time to completion is completely wrong whenever it starts working on a new project work unit (WU). Give it a bit of time and it should correct itself. Most WUs take at least 1 day, some can take several days.

B) Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista "No nonsense" text-only console client. Also available for Linux, BSD and older Mac PCs. This is a popular choice especially for those that are comfortable around computers. The downside is that it doesn't have a pretty interface (just text) and doesn't give easy display of how much it has completed (it is in another text file). There are however 3rd party applications to display information if desired. I'll provide more info on this client if anyone wants (or if we have a FAQ area).

C) Windows/Linux/Mac (new Macs with Intel only) SMP client. This is an intense beta client for dual core or more systems that requires the computer to be on most of the time and suggested only for those comfortable with computers.

D) PS3 client. If you have a PS3, I suggest running the folding client for it. The client works great and is very nice! And the PS3 is very powerful/fast for this type of work! If you need more info about this, let me know.

E) Windows XP/Vista GPU client. This is a high performance beta client that requires specific types of graphic cards. Right now only the X1600/X1650/X1800/X1900/X1950 series are supported. There are few issues with this client as mentioned in its FAQ. Like the SMP client, this beta client is also suggested only for those comfortable with computers.
    If you want more info on any of these client, let me know and I'll help as I can (or point you to a link for more info).

More info to come
    And happy 1 week anniversary to the GitP team!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Folding@Home

Finished my first 2000 frame WU! Now I'm working on one with 500 frames. My computer is quite fast, so I can run F@H at its highest and still have around 50% of my CPU left.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Lilly - if you like the regular graphic client, you should take a look at the PS3 one! The FAQ on the PS3 is at http://folding.stanford.edu/FAQ-PS3.html
    And for videos, check out some on youtube.com (just search for PS3 folding).
    Note that unlike on PCs, on the PS3, folding pauses when playing games or using most other PS3 functions.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Post Re: Folding@Home

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update (#1)

After a week our team is now ranked 16,577th!
    Our progress can be seen at http://kakaostats.com/t.php?t=82447
    And once we reach the top 2000, our team will start being partially tracked by another statistics site, and fully tracked once we hit the top 800.

The GitP folding team has passed the 5,000 point mark!

Welcome to all the members that have contributed in its first week: adanedhel9, Archonic_Energy, Beaudoin, Bitzeralisis, Castaras, Dennis_Callesen, DoIhaveaname, Faust, Frizzlefryd, gaelbert, Heidee_LadyOfTheStick, Jackie, Khaldan, marcus, Philip_Stella, Pyro, Samiam303, tannish2 and zargon!.

DoIhaveaname and Frizzlefryd, the points you have received indicated that there is a problem with your system or an incompatibility with the graphic client and your graphics. If your computer is overclocked, try decrease the overclock first. Otherwise, consider another client such as the console client (ask me if you need help on that).

Next week's update will include team member progress and milestones reached, as well as any folding news that I know of. Let me know what you think about the update and what other sections you'd like to see!
    Last edited by Zargon; 2007-08-19 at 07:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

About points:
    Points are to give an indication of how much help has been done. Each time a project (e.g. project 2026) work unit (WU) is completed successfully, points are awarded.
    How many points? It varies depending on the project number. The amount for a specific project is fixed and is based on how fast their benchmark computer (a P4 2.8GHz) has complete a WU of that project.
    For each project, there are thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands of WUs available.
    BTW, no work is duplicated in this project, except in the case where the WU was not successfully completed before the deadline. Deadlines to complete a work unit for the regular windows and console client is usually a month or more so there is plenty of time to complete the project even with an old Pentium III.
    So points is based on the amount of work done, not by how much time. And points are just points, not something that can be traded for something.
    Last edited by Zargon; 2007-08-21 at 10:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Folding@Home

Hi there...
    I am not really into this "forum community life" but once in a while I come here and check some threads.
    I read about this lovely project (I reaaaally like this kind of stuff: "I do something little, you do something little, we do something big ) and decided to join with my old pc with 256 Mb RAM and something like 1.4 GHz processor... (not so fast but it's better than nothing!)
    Tonight I've completed 950/5000 (points?) of a <insertthatlongnamehere> protein and I'm feeling very happy about doing something while sleeping .

I wrote about this project on a few forums, and I decided to join your team because here is where I heard about Folding@Home.

Let's go folding some proteins!
    MaxDibe

7. - Top - End - #37

Whooo I'm first out of all of you. (I got a couple of small work units). We're also moving up the list pretty quick. Hopefully we'll be in the top 5,000 by the end of October.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: Folding@Home

Question:
    now I have 2 indipendent pc running F@H with my username and our team code using the same wireless connection... Are they working on the same protein or are they working on two different proteins?

*take a look on the name of the protein*
    pc#1 (windows ME -.-) -> p3040_supervillin-0
    pc#2 (windows XP) -> p3040_supervillin-03 GROMACS core
    I'm hoping that pc#1 isn't showing half of the same name of pc#2 -.-

EDIT
    looking at the unitinfo.txt file, the name is the same... am I doing double work for nothing?
    second and final EDIT
    when in doubt set something on fire
    I get a second nickname for the second pc working every once in a while.
    Last edited by Maxdibe; 2007-08-21 at 11:17 AM.
    MaxDibe

9. - Top - End - #39

Each computer operates seperately, but both will record stats with the same username. Two computers working on the same protein is expected, and has nothing to do with using the same username on both.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdibe View Post
    Question:
    now I have 2 indipendent pc running F@H with my username and our team code using the same wireless connection... Are they working on the same protein or are they working on two different proteins?
    They are both working on the same project, but not on the same work unit for that project. A wild guess is that there are about 50 projects currently available to work on. Each of those projects have many thousands of work units.
    To get more detailed information, check the fahlog.txt file to see something like
    [13:50:45] Project: 2606 (Run 14, Clone 4, Gen 71) (that is what my PC is working on). The run/clone/gen should be unique and is a description of the specific WU.
    To find out what the project is worth in points, and how long the deadline is for that project, check http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

smile Re: Folding@Home

Thanks for your answers, I think I'm understanding everything now
    So I'm about to return to the same username (double work, wouble points )
    MaxDibe

12. - Top - End - #42

My processer is dual core, so it only uses 50% of my CPU at once... I know there's an SMP version (for multiple processers), but I'm not using it due to fear of errors and such. Still, I finished 3 WUs in less than half a week. I'm doing my third project 3040 WU.
    Does anyone else here use the console version of F@H?
    ·Bitzeralisis·

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Folding@Home - installing the folding console version

Quote Originally Posted by Bitzeralisis View Post
    Does anyone else here use the console version of F@H?
    I do!

Here are the installation steps:
    First downloaded the file (FAH504-Console.exe) and place it in a directory by itself. If have a dual core computer, this means using any two directories (not the same one). e.g. I use c:\folding\client1 and c:\folding\client2 directories.

For each directory created, do the following:
    A) Right click on the file (FAH504-Console.exe) and select to create a shortcut.
    B) Right click on the newly created shortcut and select properties. In the window that pops-up, add at the end of the line called 'Target' all the following: -configonly -local and then click Ok. Use this shortcut whenever you want to change the configuration for the client in that directory. We need to use it at least once each directory to setup the configuration. So... (for each)
    C) Double click on the shortcut. It will then ask you a few questions.
    D) Here are the questions and suggested answers:
    - Qn 1. User name? Answer suggested is to use your GitP forum name. Use the same name on any client you set up.
    - Qn 2. Team Number? Answer 82447 (our GitP team number of course!)
    - Qn 3. Launch automatically at machine startup. Answer suggested Yes - This will install the client as a service (runs automatically in the background). If it is already installed as service, this question will ask if you want to remove the service (that is how to uninstall this client as a service).
    - Qn 4. Ask before fetching/sending work (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 5. Use Internet Explorer Settings (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 6. Use Proxy? Answer no, unless your network has proxies (it will ask about it if you answer yes).
    - Qn 7. Allow receipt of work assignments ... greater than 5MB ... (no/yes)? Answer suggested No (unless you have lots of spare memory and bandwidth).
    - Qn 8. Change advanced options (yes/no)? Answer Yes
    - Qn 9. Core Priority (idle/low)? Answer idle
    - Qn 10. CPU usage requested (5-100)? Answer suggested 80 (if a PC) or 40 (if a notebook). You can adjust this up or down as you like later on (e.g. if you find your system gets too noisy, lower it).
    - Qn 11. Disable highly optimized assembly code (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 12. Pause if battery power... (no/yes)? Answer yes for laptops, no for PCs.
    - Qn 13. Interval in minutes, between checkpoints (3-30)? Answer 15
    - Qn 14. Memory to indicate? Hit enter (or enter the maximum memory to use)
    - Qn 15. Request work units without deadlines (no/yes)? Answer no
    - Qn 16. Set -advmethods flag? Answer no
    - Qn 17: Ignore any deadline information (no/yes)? Answer no
    - Qn 18. Machine ID ( 1-8 )? On each computer, no two clients can use the same number. So set this to 1 for the first client, and 2 for the second client.

Then the window will close.
    If installed as a service (question 3), it will start automatically in the background after rebooting the computer.
    If not installed as a service, click on FAH504-Console.exe file (not the shortcut) to run it.
    The unitinfo.log file (quick info) and fahlog.txt file (has lots of info) in the directory gives some details on what is happening, but you can also install a 3rd party program. My favourite for ease of use is fahmon (free) available at http://fahmon.silent-blade.org/ - just put it in your folding directory and right click in the window to tell it where your folding client(s) are located.

Although these instructions are for the PC console version, all the other console versions (Mac, Linux and BSD, ATI GPU) and the SMP clients are all quite similar.

Let me know if you run into any problems, or to correct/improve this post!
    Last edited by Zargon; 2007-08-22 at 10:41 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

I think a computer nerd like me would've been able to figure that out on my own.

But still, that's quite useful for any other people who decided to use the console version.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I've long lurked on these forums, and have never posted. I originally came to see if there was any news of how Rich was doing, and saw this particular thread. It's been years since I've played with Folding@Home, and it's much better than it used to be. I've joined the team, I hope that's okay.

On the console version... does it run faster because it doesn't use the 3D animations? I normally run mine minimized in the system tray (except when it runs as a screensaver after my machine's been idle), so I had thought the 3D piece wasn't running. If it is faster, I'd prefer running the console version, but I'm in the middle of a work unit. Any way to convert over to the console version, or will I have to uninstall and reinstall?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

wink Re: Folding@Home

...and another WU (my first )completed for GITP team
    MaxDibe

17. - Top - End - #47

Fourth WU Completed.

I'm now starting to run two F@Hs at once ( with different machine IDs, of course ), to take full use of my dual core processor.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Al'izh'dheg View Post
    I've long lurked on these forums, and have never posted. I originally came to see if there was any news of how Rich was doing, and saw this particular thread. It's been years since I've played with Folding@Home, and it's much better than it used to be. I've joined the team, I hope that's okay.

On the console version... does it run faster because it doesn't use the 3D animations? I normally run mine minimized in the system tray (except when it runs as a screensaver after my machine's been idle), so I had thought the 3D piece wasn't running. If it is faster, I'd prefer running the console version, but I'm in the middle of a work unit. Any way to convert over to the console version, or will I have to uninstall and reinstall?
    Welcome to the forums! And welcome to the team!!
    The graphics don't take that much CPU on modern computers, and when minimized it runs at almost the same speed as the regular console client. The work is the same, so you can just install the console client in the same folding directory (in Program files) and run it from there and it will continue with what has been done already. Of course don't run both the console and graphics client at the same time if it they are using the same directory!
    For those with dual cores, as you can't run two graphic clients, just add a console client to use the second core.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

For those with a PS3, there is a significantly improved folding client (on top of an already great client) just released! Details are at http://folding.stanford.edu/news.html
    If you have a PS3, I suggest trying out the folding client, even if it is only for a few hours a week - no need to keep the PS3 running all the time (e.g. some people run it only during the weekend). The folding client is a collaborative effort between Sony and Stanford University (that runs the research). By the way, the PS3 hardware can easily handle the folding client without any concern for getting to warm (I suspect that's why there is no XBox360 folding client... at least for the current generation).

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

Zombie

if only they made one for the wii... its always on anyway, or did they and i just didnt see it?
    Last edited by tannish2; 2007-08-24 at 11:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by tannish2 View Post
    if only they made one for the wii... its always on anyway, or did they and i just didn't see it?
    Unfortunately game play isn't an indication of folding performance, it is CPU and/or graphic engine architecture that are the key.

For the PS3, it is the CPU architecture - its multiple cores do very very well for certain calculations (only the folding projects are well suited to that architecture run on the PS3 - other folding projects are better suited to regular PCs). The PS3 graphics engine, although having great gaming performance, does not have the architecture needed to quickly handle folding projects.

For the Xbox360, the graphics engine architecture is theoretically capable of working on some folding projects very quickly. Also, although the Xbox360 CPU is a somewhat less capable for folding than the PS3, it could handle more types of projects. Sadly, I doubt that there will be any folding client for the Xbox360 until the overheating problem goes away.

Similar to the PS3, the Wii doesn't have the graphics engine architecture that is suited to folding. But also the Wii has a fairly weak CPU for folding, so it would perform quite poorly, with (my guess) under 5% of the folding performance of a PS3. However with so many Wii units out there... all those 5% could add up. Still there doesn't seem to be any plans to bring out a folding client for the Wii.
    Last edited by Zargon; 2007-08-25 at 09:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Eggy's in.
    #Fold, fold, fold, fold the elaborate proteins#

Will also have a word with the IT manager at work after the Bank Holiday weekend. We have some under-utilized network capacity there and I think he (and the senior partners) will agree that researching a potential panacea for human suffering is a leeeeetle more important than some t*sser getting their Facebucket page open 1/2 second sooner or later...

edit: 5000 frame protein? Yeah, this may take some time.

And Zargon, you're more than welcome to copypasta the Elanism.
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2007-08-25 at 09:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    Eggy's in.
    #Fold, fold, fold, fold the elaborate proteins#

Will also have a word with the IT manager at work after the Bank Holiday weekend. We have some under-utilized network capacity there and I think he (and the senior partners) will agree that researching a potential panacea for human suffering is a leeeeetle more important than some t*sser getting their Facebucket page open 1/2 second sooner or later...
    Good luck, it is usually quite hard to convince work to help out - I hope you are friends with the IT manager! I'd recommend just suggesting it to start it on a couple of computers to see how it works out. One possible tricky area is setting up proxy. In general installation at work has to formally approved (email minimum), so it might be his boss that gives the ok. Try to identify his concerns and questions and post them here and I and others here should be able to help. If you need a formal proposal, I can post some links.
    For configuration, I recommend using console mode using the service option, answer no to large work units, answer no to advance work units and 80% cpu usage (or less if it makes the PC noisier). Can use windows task scheduler if want to do it only part of the day. Want minimal impact.

p.s. can I steal your Elan's quote!?
    p.p.s. I wonder what everybody else would quote...
    e.g. Belkar - Stabbity death to diseases!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Post Re: Folding@Home

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #2

Our team rank this week has improved from 16,577th to 11,377th! We've also passed 10,000 points in total!
    (points is the best indication of how much help has been given on this project)

Project related news this week:
    New PS3 client released: http://folding.stanford.edu/news.html

In team news this week:

We have 9 new members on our team this week - They are Phoe, Alarra, Mobius_Stripped, Alizhdheg, MaxDibe, Exachix, potatocubed, Reina and VLendle! Welcome to the team!!

Team member point contributions:
    (stats gathered Saturday night)
    Who has contributed to the team points this week? Here is the list (in alphabetic order):
    adanedhel9, Alarra, Alizhdheg, Archonic_Energy, Beaudoin, Bitzeralisis, Dennis_Callesen, Exachix, gaelbert, Khaldan, MaxDibe, Mobius_Stripped, Philip_Stella, potatocubed, Phoe, Pyro, Reina, VLendle and zargon!
    With the top 5 members in points gained in the last week being:
    1 Pyro
    2 gaelbert
    3 Phoe
    4 adanedhel9
    5 Bitzeralisis

Team ranks:
    All team members have changed rank this week! So I'll wait a few weeks for ranks to stabilize a little bit before adding this section.

Individual Milestones achieved
    (in points at 1K, 5K, 10K, etc.):
    1,000 points: Pyro, zargon, gaelbert, adanedhel9, Bitzeralisis and Phoe
    Congratulations to all those that have achieved a new milestone!

Link of the week:
    Harvard Video - view the "Inner Life of the Cell" animation. This is a general information video so not directly related with this project (but take special note where they talk about what proteins do). It does give some insight on just how complicated this "inner" world is.
    http://multimedia.mcb.harvard.edu/media.html

p.s. If you have suggestions on how to improve these weekly update reports or any corrections to this or my FAQ type posts, let me know via message or post
    p.p.s. My posts will be edited quite often for corrections, due primarily to my nemesis - grammar!
    Last edited by Zargon; 2007-08-25 at 11:25 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Woo-hoo! I was mentioned twice in that last post! ( And then I checked the team statistics: Now I'm only in 6th place. )

On a slightly related note, I can finish two 5000-frame work units ( 372 points based on the protein I'm folding now) in around 1.75 days. Anyone else want to post their computing speeds here?
    ·Bitzeralisis·

26. - Top - End - #56

Allright, I've joined.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Banned

Zombie

well, i personally dont HAVE a PS3 (insert why wii, or even 20 year old toaster oven is better than PS3 rant here) but i (and craploads of other people) have wii's... and um.... its discrimitation against people who dont have PS3's? does that work? if you know any of their programmers tell them this.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground

I signed up. I'm not sure just how much I can do seeing as the damn thing doesn't appear to recognise dual-core CPUs. That's probably Vista's fault, though, as it appears to report multi-core CPUs as single core. Oh well...
    Skydiving as an activity does not in itself require a parachute.
    Skydiving as a hobby does.

People who take drugs are bad.
    Blasted customs agents.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Welcome to the team Simius and The Evil Thing!
    Evil Thing - the windows graphical client and the console client all only use one core (they are single-threaded). Also the folding accelerated by a graphics card (X1600/X1650/X1800/X1900/X1950 only) also uses one core.
    You can run a second client (a console client) to take advantage of the second core (and another two more console clients if you have a quad core!).
    Or, if comfortable enough with computers, you can try the SMP client that works with two core and four core systems.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Tannish, by your post, I wasn't sure, but I wanted to make certain you knew you don't have to have a PS3 to participate. Any computer will work.

Edit: Any computer running a common OS, I mean. By that I mean Windows, OSX, Linux, and even a couple of flavors of UNIX I believe.
    Last edited by Al'izh'dheg; 2007-08-28 at 06:28 AM.