New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home

1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Folding@Home

Quote Originally Posted by greecetrap View Post
    Sorry for being obnoxious/annoying, but does anyone know how long WUs are generally supposed to take? I think I've been folding for a week or so now, and I'm still not even half done with my first WU - I've done 465/1500.
    A lot of it depends on what you're doing, but also what sort of computer you have, and how often it's able to fold.

Could you post:
    1) What your cpu type, speed, and amount of memory are? (Assuming Windows, ControlPanel->System "general" tab will report this.)

2) About how often your computer is on, but not doing something else for you that's highly CPU intensive?

3) What project you're working on? (Assuming the graphical client, it'll be in the display.)

4) Whether the assembly-boosts are on and active? (Assuming the graphical client, right click on the Folding icon in the toolbar, and select Status->Log to view the log file. Scroll up in the logfile until you see some lines like this:
    [04:40:41] Assembly optimizations on if available.
    [04:41:07] Extra SSE boost OK.

If you don't see both of those, FaH has determined that it can't use the sped-up routines, which will cause about a 3x-4x slowdown, in my experience.
    You may be able to get it to use them by stopping, and then re-starting, FaH.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Have you completed a WU since changing/setting your team number?
    Yar, but now it's being really weird, I keep getting a cord downloading error message over and over. I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled and still got the same message. I don't think it's uninstalling correctly though, the Folding@Home folder is still in my Start Menu after I uninstalled, so I downloaded again and I tried it again, still getting the same message.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

There, despite my great hatred for all people and humanity as a whole, I've signed up with my (crappy) laptop, and my family's (slightly less crappy) desktop. I'll hold off on stealing the banner for my sig. till I finish a WU though. (Nine hours left for the desktop)

Edit: Can this be run from a flashdrive? I wouldn't mind running it at school when I have free time. Also, has anyone covertly installed it on their school's system?
    Last edited by bugsysservant; 2008-01-06 at 11:29 AM.
    Billy was a chemist's son,
    Now Billy is no more.
    What Billy thought was H2O
    Was H2SO4

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I've been folding on my own for some time now on my PS3 when it's not active, but (alas!) never noticed that there was a team for GitP! I'm gonna sign up as soon as I get off work and get home.
    Something witty this place goes...

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #14

In team news this update
    :
    - 21 new members have joined our team for this update!! Andrew_Morris, Bugsysservant, Dassrat, Enigma1337, Jellylu, Juron_Pilo, Kawaii_Neko, Kilian, Maadneet, Mantlet, NeSSEsqa, Oblomovism, Robert_Noble, Sric, Sungmanitu, TheLogman, TopDawggamer, vorpalbunny, Wabbajack, WalrusFly and WillOWisp - Welcome to the team!

Team member point contributions:
    Who has contributed to the team points for this update? Here is the list (in alphabetic order):
    _, _Simius_, adanedhel9, Alarra, Al'izh'dheg, Andrew_Morris, Andrew_Waddie, AngelSword, BingoBob, Bitzeralisis, Bobnik, Bugsysservant, Ceika, Darion_Fenix, Dassrat, e_chuck, Eldmor, Elektro, Enigma1337, Exachix, Exeson, frdougal, gaelbert, Gorbash_Kazdar, homestar3.14, Icwer, Jackie, Jacob_Wojciechowski, Jellylu, JT-GitP, Juron_Pilo, Kawaii_Neko, Kilian, Kongming, Lord_Tataraus, Maadneet, MacXimus, Mantlet, MaxDibe, menschenfresser, Micate, Mman, Mobius_Stripped, MrEdwardNigma, NeSSEsqa, Oblomovism, OnnaOtaku, Phoe, potatocubed, Pyro, Reina, Robert_Noble, rward30, Samiam303, Sric, steviefool, StupidFatHobbit, Sungmanitu, Surmuck, The_Mighty_Unknown, TheLogman, TopDawggamer, vorpalbunny, Wabbajack, WalrusFly, WillOWisp, Xiagu, zargon and ZebTheTroll.
    With the top 12 members in points gained since the last update being:
    1 frdougal
    2 JT-GitP
    3 AngelSword
    4 Al'izh'dheg
    5 vorpalbunny
    6 Micate
    7 Phoe
    8 rward30
    9 Reina
    10 ZebTheTroll
    11 Mobius_Stripped
    12 Kilian

Moving up in team ranks (in the top 50):
    In the top 10: JT-GitP leaps up by 4 into 3rd!!! AngelSword leaps up by 11 into 8th!!
    In the top 20: Phoe moves up into 12nd! New member vorpalbunny leaps up all the way into 20th!!
    In the top 30: Reina leaps up by 6 into 21st! New member Kilian leaps into 29th! Eldmor leaps up by 5 into 30th!
    In the top 40: homestar3.14 leaps up by 16 into 35th! Kongming leaps up by 10 into 38th! New member TheLogman leaps into 40th!
    In the top 50: BingoBob jumps up by 2 into 41st! Mman leaps up by 9 into 44th! Ceika leaps up by 20 into 45th! And new member Sric leaps into 48th!

Individual Milestones achieved
    (in points at 1K, 10K, 25K, 50K, etc.):
    25,000 points: JT-GitP, Micate, Mobius_Stripped, AngelSword
    1,000 points: vorpalbunny, Kilian, TheLogman, Ceika, Sric, Jacob_Wojciechowski, Sungmanitu, Gorbash_Kazdar, Enigma1337, Andrew_Waddie, OnnaOtaku
    Congratulations to all those that have achieved a new milestone!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bugsysservant View Post
    Edit: Can this be run from a flashdrive? I wouldn't mind running it at school when I have free time. Also, has anyone covertly installed it on their school's system?
    I don't know if it would run from a flashdrive (excellent idea though!), but I have succesfully installed it on my schools computer despite it blocking downloads of anything. Haven't touched it after that, but it's there. All it takes to get past my blocking, once the page loads to say 'Blocked File Extension', is change the url from 'http://www.folding-etc...' to 'https://www.folding-etc...'.

Only done one computer so far, but once I set it up at home, I'm going to come back and set it up on the rest of the school computers. Not like they're used for anything but poor attempts at getting on myspace.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

7. - Top - End - #217

MindFlayer

I've tested it, and so far the console seems to be able to run from a flashdrive. Haven't finished a WU yet though, so it remains to be seen if it will be able to do everything.

I've also spoken to my Bio teacher about putting Folding@Home on our school computers. She seemed to be rather clueless about the actual computer science behind it, but its not to improbable that I will be able to get it put on all, or most of them, either through my Bio teacher or as a community service project the national honor society. Unfortunately, these won't run for the GitP team, , but still...
    Now Billy is no more.
    Was H2SO4

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Make sure to get permission (email/written) to run this (or any other program) on computers that aren't yours (e.g. work, school, friends, etc.)!
    Irregardless that it something that for everyone's benefit, people have gotten into a lot of trouble (suspended, fired, etc.) for installing it without permission!
    For more info about the project can point them to such pages as
    http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandeg...FoldingFAQ.pdf
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Science
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-Press
    http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-Diseases
    If they are unsure, can say will put it just on one PC for a week to show how it goes before putting it on more systems. (and I suggest no more than 80% cpu use and don't accept big projects) Also in the beginning keep an eye on it to make sure it downloads & upload projects ok (there might be proxy setting adjustments, etc.) and that they system doesn't get to hot/noisy.
    Again, get an email with their ok - verbal sadly isn't as good as it use to be...
    Good luck!

9. - Top - End - #219

MindFlayer

Well, if it is being run from a flashdrive, it shouldn't be installing anything (I say no to the service), so its just using CPU time that I have anyway. And I think verbal should suffice. We only have about 400 people at our school. If I get permission from the authorities, there aren't too many people who can contradict them.
    Last edited by bugsysservant; 2008-01-12 at 09:55 PM.
    Now Billy is no more.
    Was H2SO4

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Wow... I sure hope the estimates on my latest graphical one are wrong.

0/25 frames completed
    16210 m/frame
    11d:05h:56m:40s to next frame end
    281d:10h:11m:37s to WU end

Wow. I mean, the 9+ months isn't so bad, except for that nagging 37 seconds at the end. That's a deal breaker!

I've never seen a job with that long an estimate. (It's IBX in water, if anyone cares.)

(It's got a deadline of April 16. so if the estimates don't get better by tomorrow, I may have to abort it.)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

would join if my computer spent much time in stationary mode. I might anyway. Get the feeling it'd be to slow...
    Live, Laugh, Learn, Love,
    and Look both ways
    when you cross the street

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Wow... I sure hope the estimates on my latest graphical one are wrong.

0/25 frames completed
    16210 m/frame
    11d:05h:56m:40s to next frame end
    281d:10h:11m:37s to WU end

Wow. I mean, the 9+ months isn't so bad, except for that nagging 37 seconds at the end. That's a deal breaker!

I've never seen a job with that long an estimate. (It's IBX in water, if anyone cares.)

(It's got a deadline of April 16. so if the estimates don't get better by tomorrow, I may have to abort it.)
    Estimates are always loopy for the first couple frames with that client. I really should say "not available".

But could check the log file (IIRC fahlog.txt) to see if there are any error messages.
    Also, if there were unexpected reboots (system crashes, power failures, etc.) the client could switch to a "safe" mode. That makes it significantly slower! (depends on the project but I've seen it taking twice as long in safe mode). To override safe mode, add -forceasm in the shortcut. Otherwise I'm not sure, but think that once a project is completely successfully it will return back to regular mode...?

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Any other mac users running Folding? I'm pretty sure it's running, but I only know I've done anything by checking my status page. Is there any other way?
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It figured out its estimate was a bit off. Instead of 281 days, it now thinks the remaining 60% of the WU will be done in just over 12 hours.
    A slight error in estimating. ;)

On the Mac, you should be able to go to wherever it's installed, and look for a file similar to FAHlog.txt or unitinfo.txt.

If you use the underlying Unix commands, you could do a "tail -f" on the logfile to see progress as it's written to there. You could also just view it to see the current file (w/out updates as they're written).

You can view the unitinfo.txt file and see the current status as a 6-line summary.

The above guessing is based on the way the Linux version works. Since MacOS is unix with a really fancy GUI on top, it should be similar.

15. - Top - End - #225

A lot of it depends on what you're doing, but also what sort of computer you have, and how often it's able to fold.

Could you post:
    1) What your cpu type, speed, and amount of memory are? (Assuming Windows, ControlPanel->System "general" tab will report this.)

2) About how often your computer is on, but not doing something else for you that's highly CPU intensive?

3) What project you're working on? (Assuming the graphical client, it'll be in the display.)

4) Whether the assembly-boosts are on and active? (Assuming the graphical client, right click on the Folding icon in the toolbar, and select Status->Log to view the log file. Scroll up in the logfile until you see some lines like this:
    [04:40:41] Assembly optimizations on if available.
    [04:41:07] Extra SSE boost OK.

If you don't see both of those, FaH has determined that it can't use the sped-up routines, which will cause about a 3x-4x slowdown, in my experience.
    You may be able to get it to use them by stopping, and then re-starting, FaH.
    1) I don't really know which numbers go to where, so I'll just write what I see when I see the words CPU on that "general" screen:

Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.20 GHz
    2.19 GHz, 256 MB of RAM

Hope that helped.

2)Is using the internet very CPU intensive? My computer isn't usually on without someone doing something on it - mostly, using the internet. The longest time it's been on without us using it was about 6 hours, though even that much is VERY rare.

3)p3652_Seq22_Amber03_,
    GROMACS core

There are about 450 frames left (about 1/3 of the whole project) left, but apperantly it'll be done in 2 days. Strange, since the other 2/3 took about hald of December and 13 days of January.

4) In today's log file:
    Assembly optimizations on if available.
    [15:14:36] Entering M.D.
    [15:15:02] (Starting from checkpoint)
    [15:15:03] Protein: p3652_Seq22_Amber03_Extended
    [15:15:03]
    [15:15:03] Writing local files
    [15:16:19] Completed 198513 out of 1500000 steps (13)
    [15:16:21] Extra SSE boost OK.

However, in the log files of earlier ones (such as December 29, as a random example):
    [22:48:39] Entering M.D.
    [22:48:45] Protein: p3699_Seq16_Amber03_Native
    [22:48:45]
    [22:48:45] Writing local files
    [22:49:34] Gromacs error.

Did that have anything to do with it?

The Order of the Stick Wiki wants you!

"...I'm not an r-tard."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

1) I don't really know which numbers go to where, so I'll just write what I see when I see the words CPU on that "general" screen: Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.20 GHz 2.19 GHz, 256 MB of RAM
    Hope that helped.

2)Is using the internet very CPU intensive? My computer isn't usually on without someone doing something on it - mostly, using the internet. The longest time it's been on without us using it was about 6 hours, though even that much is VERY rare.

3)p3652_Seq22_Amber03_, GROMACS core
    There are about 450 frames left (about 1/3 of the whole project) left, but apparently it'll be done in 2 days. Strange, since the other 2/3 took about half of December and 13 days of January.

4) In today's log file:
    [15:14:36] Entering M.D.
    [15:15:02] (Starting from checkpoint)
    [15:15:03] Protein: p3652_Seq22_Amber03_Extended
    [15:15:03]
    [15:15:03] Writing local files
    [15:16:19] Completed 198513 out of 1500000 steps (13)
    [15:16:21] Extra SSE boost OK.

However, in the log files of earlier ones (such as December 29, as a random example):
    [22:48:39] Entering M.D.
    [22:48:45] Protein: p3699_Seq16_Amber03_Native
    [22:48:45] Writing local files
    [22:49:34] Gromacs error.
    Did that have anything to do with it?
    First, I apologize in advance that I have answered more extensively than needed as I'm aiming it for all readers (and hopeful inclusion of the FAQ that I've been unable to complete so far).

1) although not the fastest, your P4 2.2GHz system should be able to handle projects fairly quickly (I'd say on average about 100 hours). If the computer is only on about 30 hours a week, that means it could take several weeks.
    BTW PIII/Athlon/Duron 600MHz are about as slow as I would suggest to run this project if those systems are usually on (e.g. file server) and those could take up to 4 times longer than P4. PII and K6-III+ or slower should not bother running this project as they will often not be able to make the preferred deadline.

There are many different areas covered by folding @ home. Although the end goal is disease research, part of the work is to do basic research so to be able to attack certain aspects of some diseases. As there are many different areas being researched at the same time, there are several different tools available to do that. From our point of view, we can see different tools (namely cores) being used.
    Here is a list of all the current projects running, including what core they use (listed in the code column). http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html
    One thing to note is that the various projects have huge differences in points and in deadlines (in general that isn't correlated). By the way, preferred deadline is the important deadline.
    The various cores (code) use different parts of the CPU. For example:
    The Gromac core uses SSE (or 3DNow+) extensively. This runs very quickly on a C2D, quite quickly on a P4 and fairly quickly on an AMD CPU (K10s should be better).
    Amber use double precision numbers. This runs very quickly on an AMD CPU, quickly on a C2D and slowly on a P4.
    So different projects work better on different types of computers.
    Note the current general client doesn't recognize CPUs. The new beta client however does try to better match project to CPU type.
    For details on the various cores http://fahwiki.net/index.php/Cores

256MB RAM is tight on Windows XP. So I'd suggest only accepting the smallest projects (up to 5MB). That should help keep the whole thing (code and project) as small as possible to minimize memory swapping.
    To reduce memory even further there is also the console version (preferably with the service option).

2) Internet usage (bandwidth usage). Except when getting a new project (and possibly the related core with it) and sending back the results, there is no Internet usage at all.
    By not accepting large projects, the bandwidth usage for receiving a project and sending back the results will be very small. (this is the suggested setting for those with a modem, slow Internet connection or limited bandwidth)
    Using the Internet is normally not that CPU intensive, although if have quite a few tabs or windows open (especially with flash or other encoded media), watching videos, etc. it can use quite a bit of the CPU especially on an older CPU like the P4.

3) Different parts of the project can take different times. But the most likely explanation is that the method to calculate how long it will finish the project is not taking into account how busy the computer will be and how long the computer will be on.

4) That log look good - especially the SSE boost! Despite the project name including the word "Amber", this is Gromacs SREM (GROST) core based project so that does use the SSE.
    This is a fairly large project so it most likely will take more than average amount of time complete.
    However the log file with the error (for project 3699 that is also a GROST core/code based project) is worrisome. It is possible that your system switched to safe mode for a while (runs the project much slower) so that could have been why it was taking so long.
    Now the reason why that happened is a concern. Any chance your system is overheating? (e.g. too many dust bunnies!?) Or that someone has overclocked the computer? One suggestion is to reduce the cpu usage to around 80% (about 3/4 the way to the right edge of the cpu usage selection bar if using the windows graphical client).
    If run into errors again, let us know and if you want, we can walk you through some diagnostics.
    By the way, what is the folding name you have used?

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

What he said.

The only thing I'd correct (maybe) is about internet usage. I think you were asking whether your using the internet on the computer should count toward my question of how often you are using the cpu intensively.

If that's what you were asking, the answer is "not normally." Viewing e-mail, and browsing the web, are normally very cpu non intense. There can be exceptions, but I doubt you're using the cpu heavily enough so that Folding would be reduced much, if at all.

18. - Top - End - #228

MindFlayer

Well there is an easy way to check. When doing your normal everyday tasks, bring up the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and go to processes and see how much idle CPU you have. If you're just browsing the internet, my guess would be something around 90-99%, though as the above posters have said, that can change.
    Now Billy is no more.
    Was H2SO4

19. - Top - End - #229

Wow, thanks for all the information, guys!

That log look good - especially the SSE boost! Despite the project name including the word "Amber", this is Gromacs SREM (GROST) core based project so that does use the SSE.
    This is a fairly large project so it most likely will take more than average amount of time complete.
    However the log file with the error (for project 3699 that is also a GROST core/code based project) is worrisome. It is possible that your system switched to safe mode for a while (runs the project much slower) so that could have been why it was taking so long.
    Now the reason why that happened is a concern. Any chance your system is overheating? (e.g. too many dust bunnies!?) Or that someone has overclocked the computer? One suggestion is to reduce the cpu usage to around 80% (about 3/4 the way to the right edge of the cpu usage selection bar if using the windows graphical client).
    If run into errors again, let us know and if you want, we can walk you through some diagnostics.
    By the way, what is the folding name you have used?
    Hmm, I can't think of any reason why my computer would switch to safe mode. It might be overheating (no one's cleaned it in a while, if that's what you mean. :D). And I don't think anyonw in my household knows what the term 'overclocked' means, so I don't think it was that. I set the CPU usage to 80, though, and hopefully that will do some good.
    My folding name's greecetrap. :D

Well there is an easy way to check. When doing your normal everyday tasks, bring up the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) and go to processes and see how much idle CPU you have. If you're just browsing the internet, my guess would be something around 90-99%, though as the above posters have said, that can change.
    Apperantly, I'm using 100% of my CPU, counting F@H. Is this something to worry about?

Also, I've been wondering about these deadlines; if your project doesn't have a deadline, will in not say anything about deadlines on the display, or is the deadline under that "WU end" heading? I don't think I have a deadline, but I'm really not sure. :/

Thank you all so much for your helping the confused-ish person! :D

"...I'm not an r-tard."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

As long as I'm farming out my spare CPU cycles for science, I might as well do it with a bunch of people I'm okay associating with. All spare cycles of my 1.4 GHz processor are now adding points to the GitP team. It's not much, but I'll be leaving my computer on overnight. My dad's aware F@H'll be on and it doesn't play nicely with full-screened programs (sometimes he plays Diablo 2, I'll solve that by putting a shortcut for the windowed version up on the desktop), so the only thing which should be stopping me is a power outage.
    I'm xwd, and I'm here. ;D
    Avatar slapped together in Inkscape with this tutorial.
    My Town semi-alter-ego (if you're interested)

21. - Top - End - #231

MindFlayer

Apperantly, I'm using 100% of my CPU, counting F@H. Is this something to worry about?

Also, I've been wondering about these deadlines; if your project doesn't have a deadline, will in not say anything about deadlines on the display, or is the deadline under that "WU end" heading? I don't think I have a deadline, but I'm really not sure. :/
    No, not necessarily. F@H eats up excess CPU, so the thing to look at is how much CPU is taken up by the other programs. If you are using all of your CPU, and only a small amount is going to FAHCore_80, or whatever the F@H .exe is called, then your computer may be too slow to run F@H to any good effect. Also, I don't believe they make projects without deadlines anymore. If you are using the GUI version, "WU End" is the time it predicts that remains to your protein.
    Now Billy is no more.
    Was H2SO4

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm not at home right now, so I can't check, but I'm almost positive that one of the status selections (unit info?) -- right click on the red FaH gear icon in the lower-right corner, and then select from the menu) will give you information on the job being run, including the deadline.

23. - Top - End - #233

I'm not at home right now, so I can't check, but I'm almost positive that one of the status selections (unit info?) -- right click on the red FaH gear icon in the lower-right corner, and then select from the menu) will give you information on the job being run, including the deadline.
    Ahh, okay. Thank you very much. :D The due date is April 3, but my project will apperantly be done the 23 of January, so I don't think I have anything to worry about.

Also (and I'll try and make this my last question, thank you all for being tolerant!), does F@H run in Sleep Mode? Because I want to leave my computer on overnight, but my mom would get all, "You're wasting energy! AHHH!" so I was wondering if I could trick her by putting my computer in Sleep Mode, and running F@H.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsysservant View Post
    No, not necessarily. F@H eats up excess CPU, so the thing to look at is how much CPU is taken up by the other programs. If you are using all of your CPU, and only a small amount is going to FAHCore_80, or whatever the F@H .exe is called, then your computer may be too slow to run F@H to any good effect.
    Hmm, well, on the Task Manager (Processes), under the heading "CPU," it says that Internet Explorer is using 2 (2 what? I have no clue. I'm OBVIOUSLY not a computer person.) while F@H is using 98. I'll take this is good.

"...I'm not an r-tard."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

That number is a percentage, the percentage of CPU usage.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #235

Count me in

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Congratulations everyone! The GitP Folding team has broken the top 1000 and shows no sign of slowing. Everyone keep up the good work! Next stop top 500!
    "Il nous faut de l'audace, et encore de l'audace, et toujours de l'audace" Georges Jacques Dalton

"Know the enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles you will never peril." Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Current and Completed Diplomacy Games

The excellent Gen. George S. Patton avatar courtesy of Tomb_Raven

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Also (and I'll try and make this my last question, thank you all for being tolerant!), does F@H run in Sleep Mode? Because I want to leave my computer on overnight, but my mom would get all, "You're wasting energy! AHHH!" so I was wondering if I could trick her by putting my computer in Sleep Mode, and running F@H.
    I'm pretty sure it does on my computer, but then again I have a Mac, so that doesn't mean anything.
    I'd just turn the screen off. That's the main energy sink anyway, especially if the processor isn't doing much. On that subject, you could get the F@H screensaver, guaranteeing that the processor won't do much.
    Folding@Home

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #15

In team news this update:
    - We've reached the top 1000 teams! Congrats team!
    - 30 new members have joined our team for this update!! Adghar, Administrator, DaMidgetSays, DivaDe21, Draewn, Eita2, emmabim, FinalDuality, Firestar27, Forthork, greecetrap, hardwidg, Job, KaiMaster, KingofGriffins, Kitanin, Kyace, Mars, OgRib, Psykopig, Randalor, Savickas, Soulus101, Taran_Moltu, Tass, Thorn, Tsitra, Tyrmatt, WontonSoup and xwd - Welcome to the team!
    - If anyone is using a beta client, there is a new version now available at http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

Team member point contributions:
    Who has contributed to the team points for this update? Here is the list (in alphabetic order):
    _, _Simius_, adanedhel9, Adghar, Administrator, Alarra, Al'izh'dheg, Andrew_Waddie, AngelSword, Archonic_Energy, Beaudoin, BingoBob, Bitzeralisis, Bobnik, Bugsysservant, Ceika, DaMidgetSays, Darion_Fenix, Dassrat, DivaDe21, Draewn, e_chuck, Eita2, Eldmor, Elektro, emmabim, Enigma1337, Exachix, FinalDuality, Firestar27, Forthork, frdougal, gaelbert, Gorbash_Kazdar, greecetrap, hardwidg, homestar3.14, Icwer, Jackie, Jellylu, Job, JT-GitP, KaiMaster, Kilian, KingofGriffins, Kitanin, Kongming, Kyace, Lord_Tataraus, Maadneet, MacXimus, Mantlet, Mars, MaxDibe, menschenfresser, Micate, Mman, Mobius_Stripped, MrEdwardNigma, Oblomovism, OgRib, OnnaOtaku, Phoe, potatocubed, Psykopig, Pyro, Randalor, Reina, Robert_Noble, Roger, rward30, Samiam303, Savickas, Soulus101, Sric, steviefool, StupidFatHobbit, Sungmanitu, Surmuck, Taran_Moltu, Tass, TheLogman, Thorn, Tsitra, Tyrmatt, vorpalbunny, Wabbajack, WalrusFly, WillOWisp, WontonSoup, Xiagu, xwd, zargon, ZebTheTroll and ZombieRockStar.
    With the top 12 members in points gained since the last update being:
    1 JT-GitP
    2 vorpalbunny
    3 frdougal
    4 AngelSword
    5 Kilian
    6 Al'izh'dheg
    7 KaiMaster
    8 ZebTheTroll
    9 Micate
    10 Reina
    11 rward30
    12 steviefool

Moving up in team ranks (in the top 50):
    In the top 10: AngelSword leaps up by 4 into 4th! vorpalbunny leaps up by 12 into 8th!
    In the top 20: Kilian leaps up by 15 into 14th! Reina leaps up by 4 into 17th!
    In the top 30: New member KaiMaster superleaps up into 26th! Surmuck leaps up by 4 into 30th!
    In the top 40: Beaudoin moves up into 31st! homestar3.14 jumps up by 3 into 32nd! Sric leaps up by 12 into 36th! Ceika leaps up by 7 into 38th!
    In the top 50: Enigma1337 leaps up by 13 into 46th! And new member DaMidgetSays leaps up into 50th!

Individual Milestones achieved
    (in points at 1K, 10K, 25K, 50K, etc.):
    150,000 points: frdougal
    75,000 points: Al'izh'dheg
    50,000 points: JT-GitP
    25,000 points: vorpalbunny, Elektro, steviefool
    10,000 points: Kilian, Reina
    1,000 points: KaiMaster, DaMidgetSays, Maadneet, Jellylu, MrEdwardNigma, DivaDe21, KingofGriffins, WillOWisp, Oblomovism, OgRib, Roger, Administrator, Mantlet, hardwidg, _, WontonSoup, Kyace
    Congratulations to all those that have achieved a new milestone!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Didn't realize I was getting so much done. Yay, I guess.
    Folding@Home

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    Didn't realize I was getting so much done. Yay, I guess.
    What's your hardware (other than "Mac")? You've got such a weird production graph... I gotta know.