New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Folding@Home

1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Folding@Home

A few questions
    What type of computers do you have and can it be ran on a dual core machine with out any problems, will it take up my internet?
    Ive got about 2-3 computers that are fairly good and are almost never used but almost always on and 1-2 very good computers that are used slightly more often.
    also how much will it help the gitp team if i join?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    What's your hardware (other than "Mac")? You've got such a weird production graph... I gotta know.
    A mac mini. Don't remember the version of it. but I know it's an Intel processor. Also, what is this "production graph" of which you speak?
    Last edited by thevorpalbunny; 2008-02-10 at 07:48 AM.
    Folding@Home
    The Diamond Mind (A Tome of Battle prestige class)
    "I just ESP it a half-twist and. . ." Mark Clifton, "Star, Bright"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by mport2004 View Post
    A few questions
    What type of computers do you have and can it be ran on a dual core machine with out any problems, will it take up my internet?
    Ive got about 2-3 computers that are fairly good and are almost never used but almost always on and 1-2 very good computers that are used slightly more often.
    How much will it help? It all helps, but of course varies on the type of computer (e.g. a C2D would be considerably faster than a PIII) as well as client type (regular/non-beta clients versus the more tricky but faster beta clients).
    It only accesses the internet when downloading a project (varies, but average is once every couple of days) and uploading a project (same frequency as downloading). If have limited bandwidth (e.g. modem or low download quota), don't accept large projects (one of the options asked).
    On a dual core machine, unless using the SMP client (beta), the regular client only uses 1 core, so if want to use both cores, would need to install another client (the 2nd client has to be a console client regardless of what the initial client is).
    Hope that helps and if have more questions, just ask!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

Are there any other PS3 folders who have (or have had) a work unit that was over 1 million? This is the first time I've had an estimated end time of over a day.
    Spoiler
    Show

Veeratar© Enhanced
    MTI Avatar by Ceika. Now get on your face!
    Professor AngelSword by FDL. Fascinating!
    Berith AngelSword by Ceika.

Wicked Savior
    Exile
    Heart of Gold

Castles & Chemo - Granting a +4 to Saves vs. Cancer!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    A mac mini. Don't remember the version of it. but I know it's an Intel processor. Also, what is this "production graph" of which you speak?
    If you go to the ExtremeOverClocking site (now that we're one of the top teams, outside sites report stats on us) here -- http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...php?s=&t=82447 -- you'll see production stats for the team. Down near the bottom of the page are stats/links for the top producers. Click on your link, and you'll get a production history graph. You get a job done about every 36 hours (2 out of every 3 days, one completes.Those jobs are worth a tremedous number of points... more than I'd expect from a "normal" day-and-a-half job. So I was wondering if you were running a quad- or eight-core box, and the SMP client, or something.

mport2004 asks:
    Zargon covered most of what you asked. I'm running on a quad-core now, and have run on a dual-core, with no problems, other than self-imposed ones. It took me a while to get the switches set right so the multiple sessions didn't fight... it's all in the documentation, but I think documentation is a crutch for the weak-minded.

AngelSword asks:
    Are there any other PS3 folders who have (or have had) a work unit that was over 1 million? This is the first time I've had an estimated end time of over a day.
    I'm not sure whether it was over a million (frames, I assume), but I've had a PS3 job take more than a day. Most of them seem to run about 6-9 hours, but every now and again, a real long one comes in. You'll get more points for it when the WU completes.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Looks like I have a Core 2 Duo, nothing else special I can see.
    It's probably the new model seen here.
    Folding@Home

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

I just signed up and have it running... I'll have to read everything later on . Next frame ends in half an hour... this is slightly addicting.

EDIT: Woo! finished one WU! Estimate time for the next one to finish is... 17 years.

I'm sure I'll manage (yeah, I realize that the first frame estimate is always wacky, I just find it funny how wacky they are).

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

Love folding at home, makes me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile :D
    "But I didn't cast a spell!"

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

We are getting close to the top 800!

If you have a dual or quad core CPU and it is on most of the time, you can also consider trying the SMP client! The SMP client is available for Macs (Intel CPUs only), Linux (64 bit only) and Windows (all versions of Win2K, XP, Vista).
    This client is a bit trickier to setup, but offers a big boost in research performance (and the corresponding points)!
    Download page is at the usual http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download (instructions, FAQ links are there too).

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

There's a client other than the SMP?

Oh yeah, there is. Well, that explains why I was unusually productive. It still doesn't explain why my computer has done nothing for the past week.
    Folding@Home

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by thevorpalbunny View Post
    There's a client other than the SMP?
    Oh yeah, there is. Well, that explains why I was unusually productive. It still doesn't explain why my computer has done nothing for the past week.
    Yes that's the reason why unusually productive.
    But the older beta version (what you have) expired on Feb 1st so that's why it isn't doing anything.
    Just download the latest SMP version (good until Oct 1st). http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

i was wondering what the fastest program was to use from the download site? some are newer, and some are older, but who has enough knowledge to know what the fastest client is for a descent windows machine?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And it harm none, Do as you will

Proud Second Baker to the Fan Club

Kewl Avatar by someone who's name I forgot

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Sungmanitu,
    Doin' my part.
    Had a week or so it shut down on me, but I've got it back up and running again.
    Alot is not a word. It's a lot, two words.
    Always use the proper tool. If the proper tool isn't available, try a hammer.

14. - Top - End - #254

Okay, so I'm interested in contributing, and I'm sure the info I need is hidden somewhere in this thread, but its 8 1/2 solid pages of text, so please forgive my impatience.

1) Which client would allow this PC
    Spoiler
    Show
    MS Windows 2000 SP4 P4 2.00Ghz 512MB RAM
    Graphics: GeForce FX5500 (256MB)
    to run StarCraft at the same time as F@H without any noticeable performance defects? Can you provide a link and instructions to make this happen?

2) Can I set F@H to download and upload new work at a specific time of day, such as the wee hours of the night? How?

3) I have another, much more powerful, comp. that i might be able to add to the team, but only if this works out to be as customizable as I hope.

Please help!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by SithLackey View Post
    1) Which client would allow this PC to run StarCraft at the same time as F@H without any noticeable performance defects? Can you provide a link and instructions to make this happen?
    It depends if want to stop the client while folding. If so, then the regular windows client would be fine. However if don't want to bother stopping & starting the client, the console client (possibly with the service mode depending on question 2) would be the best choice. At the end of this post, I'll repost the instructions on how to do that.
    2) Can I set F@H to download and upload new work at a specific time of day, such as the wee hours of the night? How?
    Not easily. It usually will only do this once every few days in any case. And with the settings below, the bandwidth use is quite low.
    The only setting that would help is the "Ask before fetching/sending work" but then this is a manual operation and cannot be used at the same time as the service mode (so the console would appear on the task bar or can us ). What would happen is that when the console needs to upload/download work, it would ask. This could be the best approach if don't want to ever have any unexpected bandwidth hit during gaming as it just asks a question in the existing console box (no focus change, no pop-ups, no network use, etc.) and so you just hit enter (IIRC) in the console when you want it to do the work (i.e. at your choosing). Yes the client might have to wait a few hours every so often, but that isn't much of an issue.

Here are the customized installation steps:
    Spoiler
    Show

First downloaded the file (FAH504-Console.exe) and place it in a new directory (e.g. C:\folding) http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html
    A) Right click on the file (FAH504-Console.exe) and select to create a shortcut.
    B) Right click on the newly created shortcut and select properties. In the window that pops-up, add at the end of the line called 'Target' all the following: -configonly -local and then click Ok. Use this shortcut whenever you want to change the configuration for the client.
    C) Double click on the shortcut. It will then ask you a few questions.
    D) Here are the questions and suggested answers:
    - Qn 1. User name? Answer suggested is to use your GitP forum name. Use the same name on any client you set up.
    - Qn 2. Team Number? Answer 82447 (our GitP team number of course!)
    - Qn 3. Launch automatically at machine startup. If want to control when to give it network access (i.e. manual), answer no. Otherwise suggested Yes - This will install the client as a service (runs automatically in the background). If it is already installed as service, this question will ask if you want to remove the service (that is how to uninstall this client as a service).
    - Qn 4. Ask before fetching/sending work (no/yes)? Answer yes if want to control when network access. Otherwise (or if installing as a service) answer no.
    - Qn 5. Use Internet Explorer Settings (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 6. Use Proxy? Answer no, unless your network has proxies (it will ask about it if you answer yes).
    - Qn 7. Allow receipt of work assignments ... greater than 5MB ... (no/yes)? Answer No
    - Qn 8. Change advanced options (yes/no)? Answer Yes
    - Qn 9. Core Priority (idle/low)? Answer idle
    - Qn 10. CPU usage requested (5-100)? Answer 80. You can adjust this down if you find your system gets too noisy or hot.
    - Qn 11. Disable highly optimized assembly code (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 12. Pause if battery power... (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 13. Interval in minutes, between checkpoints (3-30)? Answer 30
    - Qn 14. Memory to indicate? Hit enter (or enter the maximum memory to use)
    - Qn 15. Request work units without deadlines (no/yes)? Answer no
    - Qn 16. Set -advmethods flag? Answer no
    - Qn 17: Ignore any deadline information (no/yes)? Answer no
    - Qn 18. Machine ID ( 1-8 )? Answer 1

Then the window will close.
    If installed as a service (question 3), it will start automatically in the background after rebooting the computer.
    If not installed as a service, click on FAH504-Console.exe file (not the shortcut) to run it (and can put add it to startup in the start menu if want).
    Can check the unitinfo.log file (quick info) and fahlog.txt file (has lots of info) in the directory gives some details on what is happening

16. - Top - End - #256

Thanks for the help, F@H is up and running now, and my name should be un the team list as soon as this WU is done (shouldn't be long, it's already at 7~8%).

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #16

In team news this update:
    - We've reached the top 750 teams! Congrats team!
    - 18 new members have joined our team for this update!! Adam, Arathena, Bashwright, Drivinallnight, Hexedian, Lunne, Magnusjen, Meeed, outsidethelinesofreason, Pagz, PS3_FanBoy, Ruduen, Shuz, silentstriderm, skolor, Thredd, VoidPointer and whiskeybob - Welcome to the team!

Team member point contributions:

Who has contributed to the team points for this update? Here is the list (in alphabetic order):
    _, _Simius_, Adam, adanedhel9, Adghar, Administrator, Alarra, Al'izh'dheg, Andrew_Waddie, AngelSword, Arathena, Bashwright, Beaudoin, Bitzeralisis, Ceika, Darion_Fenix, Dassrat, DivaDe21, Draewn, Drivinallnight, e_chuck, Eldmor, Elektro, emmabim, Enigma1337, Exachix, FinalDuality, Firestar27, Forthork, frdougal, gaelbert, Gorbash_Kazdar, greecetrap, hardwidg, Hexedian, homestar3.14, Icwer, Jackie, Jellylu, JT-GitP, Juron_Pilo, KaiMaster, Kilian, KingofGriffins, Kyace, Lord_Tataraus, Lunne, Maadneet, Magnusjen, Mantlet, Mars, MaxDibe, Meeed, menschenfresser, Micate, Mman, Mobius_Stripped, MrEdwardNigma, Oblomovism, OgRib, OnnaOtaku, outsidethelinesofreason, Pagz, Phoe, potatocubed, PS3, PS3_FanBoy, Psykopig, Pyro, Randalor, Reina, Robert_Noble, Roger, Ruduen, rward30, Samiam303, Shuz, silentstriderm, skolor, Sric, StupidFatHobbit, Sungmanitu, Surmuck, Taran_Moltu, Tass, TheLogman, Thorn, Thredd, Tsitra, Tyrmatt, VoidPointer, vorpalbunny, whiskeybob, WillOWisp, WontonSoup, Xiagu, xwd, zargon, ZebTheTroll and ZombieRockStar.
    With the top 12 members in points gained since the last update being:
    1 KaiMaster
    2 JT-GitP
    3 frdougal
    4 Al'izh'dheg
    5 PS3_FanBoy
    6 Kilian
    7 OgRib
    8 AngelSword
    9 vorpalbunny
    10 KingofGriffins
    11 ZebTheTroll
    12 rward30

Moving up in team ranks (in the top 100):
    In the top 10: JT-GitP moves up into 2nd!! KaiMaster makes a massive leap up by 22 and into 4th!! Kilian leaps up by 4 into 10th!
    In the top 20: New member PS3_FanBoy leaps up all the way into 15th! OgRib leaps up by 55 into 17th!
    In the top 30: KingofGriffins leaps up by 38 into 26th! Beaudoin jumps up by 2 into 29th!
    In the top 40: DivaDe21 leaps up by 28 into 35th! Enigma1337 leaps up by 8 into 38th!
    In the top 50: MaxDibe moves up into 42nd! Sungmanitu leaps up by 8 into 44th! Darion_Fenix jumps up by 2 into 47th! Jellylu leaps up by 8 into 49th!
    In the top 60: Adghar, Psykopig, WillOWisp, Administrator
    In the top 70: hardwidg, Kyace, Mantlet, Tass
    In the top 80: Tsitra, silentstriderm, Taran_Moltu, Lord_Tataraus, xwd, Robert_Noble
    In the top 90: Bashwright, Randalor
    In the top 100: Mars, FinalDuality, VoidPointer

Individual Milestones achieved (in points at 1K, 10K, 25K, 50K, etc.):
    100,000 points: JT-GitP, Al'izh'dheg
    50,000 points: KaiMaster, AngelSword, ZebTheTroll
    25,000 points: Kilian, gaelbert
    10,000 points: PS3_FanBoy, OgRib, KingofGriffins
    1,000 points: Adghar, Psykopig, Tass, Tsitra, silentstriderm, Taran_Moltu, Lord_Tataraus, xwd, Robert_Noble, Bashwright, Randalor, Mars, FinalDuality, PS3, VoidPointer, emmabim, Dassrat, Juron_Pilo
    Congratulations to all those that have achieved a new milestone!

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Here are the customized installation steps:
    Spoiler
    Show

First downloaded the file (FAH504-Console.exe) and place it in a new directory (e.g. C:\folding) http://folding.stanford.edu/download.html
    A) Right click on the file (FAH504-Console.exe) and select to create a shortcut.
    B) Right click on the newly created shortcut and select properties. In the window that pops-up, add at the end of the line called 'Target' all the following: -configonly -local and then click Ok. Use this shortcut whenever you want to change the configuration for the client.
    C) Double click on the shortcut. It will then ask you a few questions.
    D) Here are the questions and suggested answers:
    - Qn 1. User name? Answer suggested is to use your GitP forum name. Use the same name on any client you set up.
    - Qn 2. Team Number? Answer 82447 (our GitP team number of course!)
    - Qn 3. Launch automatically at machine startup. If want to control when to give it network access (i.e. manual), answer no. Otherwise suggested Yes - This will install the client as a service (runs automatically in the background). If it is already installed as service, this question will ask if you want to remove the service (that is how to uninstall this client as a service).
    - Qn 4. Ask before fetching/sending work (no/yes)? Answer yes if want to control when network access. Otherwise (or if installing as a service) answer no.
    - Qn 5. Use Internet Explorer Settings (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 6. Use Proxy? Answer no, unless your network has proxies (it will ask about it if you answer yes).
    - Qn 7. Allow receipt of work assignments ... greater than 5MB ... (no/yes)? Answer No
    - Qn 8. Change advanced options (yes/no)? Answer Yes
    - Qn 9. Core Priority (idle/low)? Answer idle
    - Qn 10. CPU usage requested (5-100)? Answer 80. You can adjust this down if you find your system gets too noisy or hot.
    - Qn 11. Disable highly optimized assembly code (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 12. Pause if battery power... (no/yes)? Answer no.
    - Qn 13. Interval in minutes, between checkpoints (3-30)? Answer 30
    - Qn 14. Memory to indicate? Hit enter (or enter the maximum memory to use)
    - Qn 15. Request work units without deadlines (no/yes)? Answer no
    - Qn 16. Set -advmethods flag? Answer no
    - Qn 17: Ignore any deadline information (no/yes)? Answer no
    - Qn 18. Machine ID ( 1-8 )? Answer 1

Then the window will close.
    If installed as a service (question 3), it will start automatically in the background after rebooting the computer.
    If not installed as a service, click on FAH504-Console.exe file (not the shortcut) to run it (and can put add it to startup in the start menu if want).
    Can check the unitinfo.log file (quick info) and fahlog.txt file (has lots of info) in the directory gives some details on what is happening
    I was wondering what would be wrong with work assignments greater than 5mb? what do they do to the computer?
    Also the install options listed is a great reference, gonna be using those instructions one of my PC's tomorrow
    Last edited by DrivinAllNight; 2008-03-01 at 11:44 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And it harm none, Do as you will

Proud Second Baker to the Fan Club

Kewl Avatar by someone who's name I forgot

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I was wondering what would be wrong with work assignments greater than 5mb? what do they do to the computer?
    This setting affects the size of the work unit received - and the size of the work unit affects bandwidth and RAM used. For most people on broadband, even with the biggest WUs, bandwidth use shouldn't be an issue (although if on a basic plan that some providers have with something like a 1GB cap, then probably should stick with the small projects).

For RAM use, the largest size (if you permit the client to get large/big projects) is usually under 200MB for regular projects (can be a bit more for SMP projects).

If running XP and especially Vista with 1GB or less, would most likely want to keep the memory use small. With 2GB on a gaming machine, if don't want to manually stop & start the client, then that also should be kept to small projects.

Note - larger projects get a significant amount of bonus points to compensate for the extra resources used so for those that can set it to large projects (e.g. using windows graphics client but not running it while gaming), would be worthwhile to do so.

So the choice for RAM use depends on the situation.

Also the install options listed is a great reference, gonna be using those instructions one of my PC's tomorrow
    Although much of the entries are standard, that was a customized instructions for a specific case although the big changes would be memory (e.g. if allow work units greater than 5MB) and network access (i.e. Unless have special reasons, answer yes to the question "Ask before fetching/sending work (no/yes)?".)

First, is that the best client to use? Here is a short description (this is for Windows, if it is another OS, let me know)

1) Windows Graphics Client - can use only one core, can only install one instance, probably needs to be turned off while running 3D apps/games (its OpenGL use on some systems can conflict with other 3D apps and games), shows basic graphics, standard windows interface.

2) Windows Console Client - can use only one core but permits multiple installs on the same computer (can install times as many as have cores), text only, has popular service mode option, uses almost no RAM (i.e. about 400K excluding work unit), can run in background no matter what else is running (if RAM settings are set appropriately). Note - if install multiple console clients on one computer, then make sure that the machine ID # is different for each client.

3) Windows SMP Client - in beta, for dual or quad core CPUs, runs special work units that can be quite large (over 200MBs), improved research capability so awarded significantly more points, will need to reinstall in October (beta clients expire at preset dates to enforce the use of newer/better versions), console only (service mode isn't working properly) but is still beta (i.e. might has the occasional issue with a work unit). Also this is only for computers that are on most of the time due to very tight deadlines.

4) Windows GPU client - in beta. I'd suggest waiting for the significantly better new version to be released in the next couple of months (most likely). This applies only to those with an ATI X1600 and higher graphics card (for Nvidia it would be 8800 series only but this looks unlikely this year if at all). This client is like the PS3 client (pretty, does extremely well but limited in types of work it can handle efficiently). More details will be posted when the new version of this client is released.

Note - the various consoles and graphic clients all have similar questions but the presentation can vary (e.g. max CPU use is by a slider instead of a number in the Windows graphics client).

Note - With Vista and using the console client, after placing the downloaded file into it's directory, don't forget to right click and select properties and then tick "Run this program as an administrator".

If have more questions, check the FAQ links on the client download page and take a look at the very useful WIKI http://fahwiki.net/index.php/How_tos
    or just ask
    Last edited by Zargon; 2008-03-02 at 05:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #17

- We're now in the top 650 teams! Congrats team!
    - 10 new members have joined our team for this update! Angew, Bildibik, Deleran, Edan42, Jukashi, Kakoshi, kuja.girl, Manryn, Robodave, SithLackey - Welcome to the team!

Who has contributed to the team points for this update? Here is the list (in alphabetic order):
    _Simius_, Adam, adanedhel9, Adghar, Administrator, Al'izh'dheg, Andrew_Waddie, AngelSword, Angew, Arathena, Bashwright, Beaudoin, Bildibik, Bitzeralisis, Bobnik, Bugsysservant, Ceika, Deleran, Draewn, Drivinallnight, e_chuck, Edan42, Eldmor, Elektro, Exachix, FinalDuality, Firestar27, frdougal, gaelbert, Gorbash_Kazdar, greecetrap, hardwidg, Hexedian, homestar3.14, Icwer, Jellylu, JT-GitP, Jukashi, KaiMaster, Kakoshi, Kilian, KingofGriffins, Kitanin, kuja.girl, Kyace, Lord_Tataraus, Maadneet, Manryn, Mantlet, Meeed, menschenfresser, Micate, Mman, Mobius_Stripped, MrEdwardNigma, Oblomovism, OgRib, outsidethelinesofreason, Pagz, Phoe, potatocubed, PS3_FanBoy, Psykopig, Pyro, Reina, Robert_Noble, Robodave, Ruduen, rward30, Samiam303, silentstriderm, SithLackey, Sric, StupidFatHobbit, Sungmanitu, Surmuck, Taran_Moltu, Tass, TheLogman, Thredd, Tsitra, vorpalbunny, whiskeybob, WillOWisp, WontonSoup, xwd, zargon, ZebTheTroll and ZombieRockStar.
    With the top 10 members in points gained since the last update being:
    1 KaiMaster
    2 Al'izh'dheg
    3 JT-GitP
    4 frdougal
    5 OgRib
    6 Kilian
    7 vorpalbunny
    8 PS3_FanBoy
    9 AngelSword
    10 KingofGriffins

Moving up in team ranks
    (in the top 100):
    In the top 10: Al'izh'dheg moves up into 2nd!!! vorpalbunny jumps up by 2 into 6th!! Kilian jumps up by 3 into 7th!! OgRib leaps up by 7 into 10th!!
    In the top 20: PS3_FanBoy jumps up by 3 into 12nd! KingofGriffins leaps up by 7 into 19th!
    In the top 30: Pyro jumps up by 2 into 22nd! Beaudoin moves up into 28th! homestar3.14 leaps up by 4 into 29th! Surmuck moves up into 30th!
    In the top 40: Sric jumps up by 2 into 35th! Sungmanitu leaps up by 6 into 38th! Ceika jumps up by 2 into 39th! Psykopig leaps up by 15 into 40th!
    In the top 50: Jellylu leaps up by 8 into 41st! Gorbash_Kazdar leaps up by 13 into 45th! Tsitra leaps up by 24 into 47th! Tass leaps up by 21 into 49th! Adghar jumps up by 3 into 50th!
    In the top 60: hardwidg, silentstriderm, Maadneet
    In the top 70: Arathena, Drivinallnight, Taran_Moltu
    In the top 80: FinalDuality, Bashwright
    In the top 90: whiskeybob, outsidethelinesofreason
    In the top 100: Edan42, Ruduen

Individual Milestones achieved (in points at 1K, 10K, 25K, 50K, 75K, 100K, etc.):
    200,000 points: frdougal
    150,000 points: Al'izh'dheg, JT-GitP
    125,000 points: KaiMaster
    75,000 points: AngelSword
    50,000 points: vorpalbunny, Kilian, rward30
    25,000 points: OgRib, PS3_FanBoy, adanedhel9
    10,000 points: e_chuck, Beaudoin
    1,000 points: Arathena, Drivinallnight, whiskeybob, outsidethelinesofreason, Edan42, Ruduen, Firestar27, Hexedian, Deleran, Draewn, Bugsysservant, greecetrap, SithLackey, Adam

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is the first time I'm doing this and I must say it makes me feel a better person by 1-2%. I wish I could understand what exactly I'm helping for - those projects all look important, but too complex to grasp their meanings.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

I joined as well. Seems like a nice thing to do. And my computer is always on anyway.
    I think, therefore I am... I think...

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Welcome! We can always use more folders.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

OK, so, I downloaded it. But how do I actually sign up and join a team?
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Joined as deadmstie, my other internet handle.

Also, dude above me, you can find our team # on the first page of this thread. Put that as your team and..well...poof.
    Undead Ooze by Goats_o_Mjolnir, with appreciation.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yahoo! We're in the top 500 teams, according to extreme-overclocking!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Giant in the Playground Folding Team Update #18

- We're now in the top 500 teams! Congrats team!
    - 14 new members have joined our team for this update! Anonymous, APWhite, Bieti, CASTLEMIKE, deadmstie, DeMorgan, Fishies, Issedil, Kanthalion, LordRod, Silophant, Silroc, TFBeyond, zalbarsj - Welcome to the team!

Note this will be my last update like this. I do hope someone else can take over the reins and do a periodic stats summary of the team (suggest at least once a month). The stats site http://kakaostats.com/mrt.php?t=82447 has plenty of information to help.

_, _Simius_, Adam, adanedhel9, Adghar, Administrator, Alarra, Al'izh'dheg, Andrew_Waddie, AngelSword, Angew, Anonymous, APWhite, Arathena, Bashwright, Beaudoin, Bieti, Bildibik, Bitzeralisis, Bugsysservant, CASTLEMIKE, Ceika, deadmstie, Deleran, DeMorgan, Draewn, Drivinallnight, e_chuck, Edan42, Elektro, Enigma1337, Exachix, Exeson, FinalDuality, Firestar27, Fishies, frdougal, gaelbert, Gorbash_Kazdar, greecetrap, hardwidg, homestar3.14, Issedil, Jackie, Jellylu, JT-GitP, Juron_Pilo, KaiMaster, Kakoshi, Kanthalion, Kilian, KingofGriffins, Kitanin, Kongming, kuja.girl, Kyace, Lord_Tataraus, LordRod, Maadneet, Manryn, Mantlet, Meeed, menschenfresser, Micate, Mman, Mobius_Stripped, MrEdwardNigma, Oblomovism, OgRib, outsidethelinesofreason, Phoe, PS3_FanBoy, Psykopig, Pyro, Reina, Robert_Noble, Robodave, Roger, Ruduen, rward30, Samiam303, silentstriderm, Silophant, Silroc, SithLackey, Sric, StupidFatHobbit, Sungmanitu, Surmuck, Taran_Moltu, Tass, TFBeyond, TheLogman, Thredd, Tsitra, Tyrmatt, vorpalbunny, whiskeybob, WillOWisp, xwd, zalbarsj, ZebTheTroll and ZombieRockStar.
    With the top 10 members in points gained since the last update being:
    1 JT-GitP
    2 KaiMaster
    3 Al'izh'dheg
    4 zalbarsj
    5 frdougal
    6 Kilian
    7 OgRib
    8 AngelSword
    9 vorpalbunny
    10 KingofGriffins

Moving up in team ranks (in the top 100):
    In the top 10: JT-GitP jumps up by 2 into 1st!!! congrats! KaiMaster moves up into 3rd! Kilian moves up into 6th! OgRib jumps up by 2 into 8th! And new member zalbarsj leaps up by all the way into 10th!
    In the top 20: Mobius_Stripped moves up into 12nd! KingofGriffins jumps up by 3 into 16th! Reina moves up into 19th!
    In the top 30: Pyro moves up into 21st! homestar3.14 jumps up by 2 into 27th!
    In the top 40: Psykopig leaps up by 8 into 32nd! Sungmanitu leaps up by 5 into 33rd! Sric moves up into 34th! Arathena leaps up by 27 into 35th! Jellylu leaps up by 4 into 37th! Ceika moves up into 38th!
    In the top 50: Tass leaps up by 8 into 41st! Tsitra leaps up by 5 into 42nd! Taran_Moltu leaps up by 25 into 43rd! Gorbash_Kazdar moves up into 44th! Adghar leaps up by 4 into 46th! FinalDuality leaps up by 24 into 48th!
    In the top 60: Mantlet, xwd
    In the top 70: Robert_Noble, MrEdwardNigma, Robodave, Bashwright
    In the top 80: Edan42, whiskeybob, APWhite, Oblomovism, Kakoshi
    In the top 90: Angew, Draewn, Deleran
    In the top 100: SithLackey, Issedil, Adam, DeMorgan, CASTLEMIKE, Bieti

Individual Milestones achieved (in points at 1K, 10K, 25K, 50K, 75K, 100K, etc.):
    250,000 points: JT-GitP, Al'izh'dheg, KaiMaster, frdougal
    100,000 points: AngelSword
    75,000 points: Kilian, vorpalbunny
    50,000 points: OgRib, zalbarsj
    25,000 points: KingofGriffins, Reina
    10,000 points: homestar3.14, Surmuck, Psykopig, Sungmanitu
    1,000 points: Robodave, APWhite, Kakoshi, Angew, Issedil, DeMorgan, CASTLEMIKE, Bieti, Tyrmatt, Kitanin, kuja.girl, Manryn, Silophant

28. - Top - End - #268
    Pixie in the Playground

Nice, I'm in the top 50. I think it;s time to install Folding@home on my other machines!
    "But I didn't cast a spell!"

29. - Top - End - #269

For those who enjoy protein folding AND games, check out:
    Fold.It
    I've created a GitP Team [here] and started a thread [here].
    To join the team, find us in the directory (as linked above).

It is very likely that I will suck at this game
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

30. - Top - End - #270
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I Tried to Join *sniff, sniff* But my Computer Crashed *wah!*