New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Summer Job(MH2 IC thread)

Mary ducks in close to the fire, and huddle nearby. Why did I think this was a good idea? More to the point, why is it so flipping cold? She takes a seat well away from everyone else, tries to ignore the two teens kissing in the corner, and leans back against a tree. Sitting in the shadows, Mary tries to watch Jake as closely as possible. There's still something wrong with him. Something off. Maybe he'll let his guard down at the party, and I'll get to see what he's really made of.

Spoiler: STATS
    Show

Experience: 3/5

Conditions:
    Traumatised.

I've assumed I can clear Hard to Get for a. cuddling with Victoria, and b. going to this party.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

To this? Georgia quips. The hand formerly on Jake's arm gestures in the direction of the speakers by the fire, currently blaring a top-20s pop song. She manages to convey haughty superiority over the music and over Jake for thinking that she'd dance to it.

Shut Jake Down - (2d6+2)[8]

No, thank you she continues, as if that wasn't clear from her tone. She slides her right foot back half a step, taking her from intimately close to a comfortable distance for conversation. It also gives her a better position from which to visibly admire Jake's shoulders But I might come find you when people start skinny-dipping. You like swimming, right?

Turn Jake On - (2d6-1)[10]

(OOC: Jake, please take the condition thirsty Georgia then also tags that condition with her 'turn on' roll, but it doesn't make a difference)

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Strings
    Jake II
    Mary II
    Alfred I

Conditions
    Buzzkill
    Tease

Experience
    3/5
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-11 at 10:40 AM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

Avatar by Serpentine. Ezeze-doll by Recaiden.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Victoria approaches Alfred's group, but holds back, shooting him a look to ensure she's got his attention Come to me my precious.... She won't beg and pander to him, regardless of how he makes her feel, and of course, she doesn't want him in his group. She needs him alone.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Turn Alfred On (2d6+1)[13]
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2017-09-11 at 10:55 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jake is so flustered right now and he just kind of stammers out a maybe because honestly dunking himself in cold water seems like an appropriate course of action. "I ah, yeah sure? I mean what else is summer for..."

Oh lord what has he gotten himself into. Georgia is honestly hard to read at the best of times but it feels like tonight she's going out of her way to send him mixed signals and he hasn't the foggiest idea why. He was always under the impression that she'd just be kind of bored by a guy like him anyway. 'Ok come on Jake get a hold of yourself, there's definitely one way to tell for sure if she's interested or not and that's to just bite the bullet and actually make a move.'

"If you'd like to do anythin else in the meantime though I'm game," he manages a playful grin after a brief recovery before leaning in close and conspiratorially so that she can feel his warm breath on her ear as he murmurs, "and you know you don't gotta pick on me so much? I already think you're pretty great."

Show
    To quote a famous bunny 'I hope you realize this means war.' Jake grants Georgia the condition 'Admired' for this latest shutdown success and I'll be taking advantage of the 'tease' condition I put on her last time for this roll.

Turn them On

(2d6+3)[9]

Also georgia's hot game has been on point tonight like damn.
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2017-09-11 at 11:05 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

(ooc: Jake can go ahead and take a string on Georgia)

One thing stood out to Georgia while her mind spun to calculate the perfect retort; she had taken a step backwards, and Jake had taken a step forward.

His step had been larger than hers, even, so that now they were closer than before. Not only that, but unless she was mistaken, he had just propositioned her.

Jake she whispered back, matching his volume If I ever stop picking on you, assume I've been replaced by a pod person.

She raises her voice. I'm not here to entertain you, Jake she says, just loudly enough to be overheard. Go bug someone else for a while

Shut Jake Down - (2d6+2)[12]

When she continues it's at a whisper once more, still audible since she hasn't moved from where she stood practically pressed against Jake's chest I'm going to go get a drink, so that I've got plausible deniability for whatever weird things I get on top of later.

Turn Jake On - (2d6+0)[9]

Show
    I was tempted to use my successful 'Cold' roll to take away the string I'd just granted... But I think I want Jake to have that
    Instead, I'm going to "Carry 1 forward."

I rolled +/-0 on Hot because I was tagging Jake's Thirsty condition. Then I add in the 1 carried forward and it increases the result to 10, so I get a string from Jake and he chooses one of the "Turn Someone On" reactions.

Show
    Strings
    Jake III
    Mary II
    Alfred I

Conditions
    Buzzkill
    Tease
    Adored

Experience
    3/5
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-11 at 02:19 PM.
    "Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound true." - Isaac Asimov (Second Foundation)

6. - Top - End - #66

"Mm suit yourself, you know where to find me when you're ready to be 'bothered' again." He's grinning ear to ear though and he leans in just a little (there's not much distance to close at this point) to press a kiss to her forehead. There's something so affectionate and sincere about the gesture even though it happens so quickly you'd blink and miss it. And he steps back again before Georgia can really say anything back, giving her one last mischievous look before heading over to the shore to join in with the dancing.

He feels energized frankly, the moon is bright, he may or may not be having a thing with Georgia but right now he's just as happy to enjoy the back and forth. It's doing something for that urge to chase at the very least, he supposes a metaphorical pursuit can be just as satisfying as literally running down a deer. And speaking of which he catches sight of Mary sitting alone by the bonfire and frankly he'd be a bit of a **** inviting her and just letting her sit by herself the whole night.

"Hey Mary, you don't dance do you? Georgia's too cool for it apparently." he asks, tone light and playful but still just loud enough for Georgia to hear.

Show
    Tagging 'Adored' this time for turning Georgia on (2d6+3)[6] And I'm going to spend one of my strings on Mary to see if I can tempt her to dance in the meantime. For the reaction he's still offering himself. Looks like turning on is a no-go unfortunately

Show
    Experience: 5/5
    Harm: 0
    Conditions: Thirsty
    Strings: Victoria - III, Mary - I Georgia - I
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2017-09-11 at 02:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Georgia goes still when Jake kisses her forehead. By the grace of whatever god still gave a damn about her she did not blush, or squeak, or grin. She just stood still, looking forward, until he was out of arms length.

Then she checks out his butt while he isn't watching.

Once she is done admiring Jake's posterior she does exactly what she said she would and grabs a beer. One of the ones she brought, if there isn't anything better - but whatever is better if there is something. It doesn't really matter. Either way, she takes it and wanders over to where Jessica is holding court, to say "hi" and see if the hornets in the nest want to play today.
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-11 at 04:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Mary's still huddled in a shady spot near the fire when Jake moves towards her. She's watched him do a his 'prince-charming' thing with Georgia. If I knew how to say it, I'd warn her not to trust boys with strange thought patterns, but somehow I don't think that'd end well. Is he coming over here now?

Doing her best to stop shivering, Mary tries her best to act normal. Cracking the faintest suggestion of a smile, she attempts to sound happy to be here and not at all lonely.

"I don't dance." A longish pause follows, till Mary remembers that its polite to thank him for asking. "Thanks, though."

Show
    Mary's going to refuse Jake's tempting and instead roll to keep her cool. She's afraid of spilling the beans that she's acting oddly. If she succeeds, she wants to know why Jake is interested in her (as always).

Roll to keep her cool: (2d6+2)[11]

STATS:

Conditions:
    Traumatised.

9. - Top - End - #69

Here, with his senses sharpened to a razor's edge, Mary's complete absence from them was even more noticeable than it was in the relatively bland setting of buy mart where even Victoria's perfume would occasionally get lost among the various soap, detergent, and food smells and it was easy to write off as Mary just not having a particularly strong presence. But no there's just... nothing. Even as she smiles at him he still remembers what he saw when their eyes met...

"Alright well, if you need anythin just holler ok?" he replies, giving her a gentle smile back before continuing on he way to join the dancers. Is she really...dead then? No, that's stupid. Ghost's don't...

He pauses mid thought because a while ago he would have thought the same thing about werewolves but here he is. And he wonders if that's why he's not more afraid than he really ought to be, after all he's already a monster. What's a ghost compared to that honestly? He wishes there was a way to just ask without sounding like a crazy person. Oh hey Mary yeah just wondering did you drown in the lake? That'd go over well.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: Georgia IC
    Show

There isn't much better than the beer you brought(Like most teen parties the desire was quantity not quality)- being dead(sort of?You know it's true but how true is up for debate) makes it a lot harder to feel a buzz even halfway through the first bottle.

Jessica continues to give you a glance every once in a while(And a lot more when she notices you talking to Jacob)-but she's in her element. Fake-laughing and lounging in her chair while her toadies stretch out or cluster nearby. At your approach though, she finally deigns to actually notice and gives you a sweeping look that says 'Wow, like, really? That's what you went with?"

She makes a remark to one of her friends, causing a low titter of giggles-though she pouts at how little it phases you.

"Hey Georgia-what's our resident doom-n-gloom punk rocker doing out on a Friday night?" The group laughs around her and she waits patiently, knowing how to to work her audience. "Not that I mind, looks like someone remembered this party was B.Y.O.B." She shoots a dismissive glance at Alfred across the party.

And then she does something completely unexpected.

She smiles at you.

And it's suddenly very, very hard to think about all those times the blonde had been such a Harpy and a lot easier to notice the way she crosses her legs one over the other in front of you, bare from just under the tiny sarong she was wearing over a bathing suit all the way to her feet. She takes a sip from her own beer and her lips glisten from it, picked out by the light of the bonfire.

"You know Georgia, I heard you like, totally snubbed Alfred tonight. That's like, pretty cool right?" Her group nod their heads and agree in a ragged murmur of approval.

Spoiler: Victoria IC
    Show

Alfred gives her a grin that's just impish enough to still be boyish but as dangerous as a stiletto. He lurches upright on the rock and tosses his beer down to one of his flunkies, and says something down to them Victoria is too far away to hear- though by the hoots and loud laughter it was something crude in nature.

He hops down, disappearing from view until he slips around a couple dancing clueless tot he rest of the world next to Victoria, his hand hot as the coin had been where it grips her own in a forward, possessive grip. Victoria is strong now, but there's something about the grinning teen that tells her he could meet her push comes to shove.

"Well hot damn- finally got tired of the Boy Scout and the Stiff?" By daylight Alfred looked the part of a two-bit punk. But in the bright moonlight and the glow of bonfires his teeth were bone-white, the tongue flesh and bright-pink and red like blood. He stepped in close, following her, but also making her move if she wanted to keep herself aloof.

The Night was her playground these days, but Alfred wore it like the moon does her carpet of stars. Oh yes he was dangerous, like a Big Dog in a small room and for Victoria that was definitely a weakness she'd fell prey to before wasn't it?

"My truck's back behind the woods there...Fancy a drive someplace private?"

Spoiler: Mary IC
    Show

Jake's been acting weird all night- Like, not stalker weird, but not innocent either. No one paid attention to her. Well, not the way Jake was. It wasn't like Thomas paid attention to her. It was a mix of confusion and pity and just a tiny bit of fear.

In short, Jacob looked like he'd seen a ghost. Queue laugh track.

Spoiler: Jacob IC
    Show

The moon was high, the bonfires roared with heat, and everything seemed tinted a rosy color. A year ago, he might not have fit so well into a group of partying teens- Now though he had girls looking at him in a way he wasn't at all unhappy with, and his blood was pumping in his chest. It was the most natural thing in the world to dance under the Moon. Above it was so close to being full and he was hungry in a way he wasn't sure how to sate...

Well, maybe he did. It had something to do with the way Georgia had looked at him. The way his new instincts said anything I want can be mine if I just take it.

Spoiler: Georgia OOC
    Show

You kept your cool stealing the beer, but beware hidden consequences... You didn't really ask a question(which is how the rulebook phrases what Keep Your Cool lets you do when you attempt the action), so I'm going to say you steal the beer without incident...for now Also yes, mark experience.

Choose a reaction(or give her a string) for Jessica Turning you On

Spoiler: Mary OOC
    Show

Yeah, I'll give you some cuddle friendly time with Victoria clears Hard to Get

Spoiler: Victoria OOC
    Show

Damn that Turn on roll though. Gain a string on Alf, and he's definitely trying to give himself to you. He replies in kind though, so either choose one of the options or give him a string. If you accept/give yourself to him we'll fade to black shortly :P
    "Fear Vs. Hope. Hardly an even match"

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: I'll 'promise her something I think she wants' - that I believe her side of her conflict with Alfred)

Alfred is a creep and a loser.

(OOC: Spending my string on Alfred to give him the condition "creepy.")

I think you'd know that as well as anyone, after those bull**** rumors he spread. She found somewhere comfortable to sit and lazily propped her feet up on the lap of whatever not-obviously-attended guy was convenient. She mimicked Jessica's regal attitude, that too-good-for-you air, without taking her eyes off of her. Georgia was a free agent, flouting the social convention that kept Jessica's world spinning.

Turn on Jessica - (2d6-1)[5]
    Turn on Guy - (2d6-1)[5]

I saw some of the pics on snapchat. Figured it was either going to be the party of the year or the fight of the decade. Either way I wanted to be here.

You might want to be careful with the beer, by the way. That s*** is, like, all carbs.

Shut Jessica Down - (2d6+2)[10]

(Edit OOC: Since she doesn't have any strings on me, I'm going to use my success to take a string on Jessica)

Show

Strings
    Jake III
    Mary II
    Jessica I

Conditions
    Buzzkill
    Tease
    Adored

Experience
    0/5
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-12 at 02:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Victoria realises she's getting out of her depth, but is no longer sure how to back out... "There's time for that later, but I do have some reputation to keep. A dance first?"

Show

A promise for later, she'd rather see if she can make him... more pliable, or at least temper his heat first

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Mary feels just a little bit sorry for Jake, as he turns to go. Confused and out of your depth is an emotion she has a great familiarity with. For just a second, a genuine smile, not a fake one, or one carefully devised as a defence against the world, flicks over her features. It makes her look younger, and just a little bit sad. Then she leans back against the tree, and the deep shadows hide her eyes once again. Mary looks round the party, checking out where the rest of the staff are lurking. Seeing Georgia making herself at home with Jessica, and Jake basically just in front of her, she zeroes in on Victoria. She's talking to Alfred, but doesn't look completely comfortable. The boy's got right up into her grill, and Mary winces in sympathy. Gross...

Getting up, she steps behind a tree and turns invisible. Ghosting round, Mary comes close enough to watch the two and over hear their conversation. If Alfred gets carried away, I'll pull her out.
    In the meantime, there's something I'm missing about Victoria. I should of seen it in the bathrooms, but I still can't think what it is.

Show

Conditions:
    Traumatised.

14. - Top - End - #74

He had no trouble finding a partner to dance with. Heck he had no trouble finding several. Not lacking for good company, and not caring that he didn't even know most of them. Wrapped up in touching and being touched and leaning in close and the sort of proprietary affection that told him this was all his due as he laughed and flirted freely with anyone who came up to him.

And then he looked over and saw Georgia with her feet propped up on another guy's lap and he wanted to snarl because what was he doing, that was his...

'No, no no no, not yours. You barely even got a maybe. Calm the hell down.'

Reason of course did not do much to quash the desire to go over there and do something regrettable. He took a deep breath, thanked his current partner for the dance, and took a step back. Ugh his skin was starting to itch. Not good. Casting about his gaze falls to the smooth glassy black water of the lake. Doing his best to ignore the reflection of the moon sitting like a bright mockery on its surface he contemplates the shoreline.

It's not exactly a cold shower, but that water is never anything less than frigid at the best of times even in August. He's getting too worked up, he needed to reset things somehow.

Show
    Waiting on DM to tell me how this would leave me vulnerable before deciding whether or not to actually jump in the lake.
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2017-09-13 at 10:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler: Victoria IC
    Show
    Alfred laughs, low and husky, and his hands shift to her hips-Not...entirely pushy, but enough to paint the black-and-red world around them with heat. A moment later and he's swaying next to her-dancing, if you can call it that.

"You mean something like this? Come on Vicki, The moon's up, and ain't nobody gonna say a word about what Alfred does unless he okays it." He leans close and like magic the music changes to something slow and heavy, like a heartbeat. Like the steady thump of Alfred's bright blood pumping underneath his skin...

Show

Jessica sighs at the light insult, and then tips her head back and bolts the entire rest of her bottle. Her throat moves in a delicate, suggestive motion as she swallows every drop, before tossing the glass into the sand by the fire, face flushed and giving Georgia that smile again. Her followers laugh and clap and cheer as the blond sits up, leaning forward so she's face to face with Georgia. And just like that, her little crowd starts to disperse. Couples pair off, toadies turn and wander off towards the bonfires or shift out of the way. They're all still watching, in one way or another-but somehow they've all gotten the hint.

"Listen up, I like, totally get you. String a boy along." She speaks low, and glances sidelong at Jake staring at them. "I think your boyfriend's getting all hot under the collar, by the way." The music is low and heavy now, pumping out like a giant heartbeat. Her hand rests on Georgia's thigh.

Oh.

Spoiler: Jacob
    Show

Well that's an interesting development isn't it?

Either way, in answer- You know from experience during the day that the lake is cold- so it'll definitely cool parts of you down in a way that they really need to be. Then again, it also means you'd be soaking wet, cold, and watching Alfred flirt with Victoria. There's also Mary, still looking lost and forlorn and frustratingly escaping your senses again and again until you have to look to find her

Spoiler: Victoria OOC
    Show

Well you're dancing, though it's definitely the kind a chaperone would be shoving teens out of the way to stop, but Alfred just got a String on you and has turned the heat up to 11. What's it gonna be Victoria? Take the easy way out for a Bite and Blood filled night or manage to scrape the willpower together she didn't have that got her undead in the first place? :D

Show

Jessica now has a string on you, and she's not just fishing for a sympathetic ear about Alfred.

Welp.

Spoiler: Mary
    Show

It's very cold tonight. Even though you can see teens stripping out of coats and heavier clothing in the august humidity the blazing bonfire inches from your feet might as well be one of those LED candles. All light and no substance. Which is a perfect descriptor of you isn't it?

The world is going black and white. You haven't vanished-not yet at least, but you're freezing up, and you can see the lake through the other teens laughing on the other side of the bonfire.

The paddle boat building is there, on the other side. Crouched like some gangly beast on the wrong side of the moon reflected in the water. You see a small, red glow along the wooden jetty. A cigarette light. The Fire hisses at your feet as water streams from your soggy sneakers against it.

"That's because you think of hope as something light and fragile. My version of hope has calluses and dirt under her fingernails and isn't past bringing brass knuckles to a fight."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Victoria lets the mask slip, she presses herself against Alfred, close enough to feel the blood pumping through his veins, she bites his neck, barely able to resist extending her fangs and bleeding him in public. "Fine, lets go somewhere quieter" she almost pants, knowing full well that what she's doing is wrong and dangerous, but what the hell, she's damned anyway.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, everyone scattering when Jessica wanted them to? That was weird. It was also kind of hot.

Then Jessica was close, and Georgia had not expected that at all. And she was enjoying how close Jessica was, which was even more of a surprise. But she was so close, and everyone was watching, and when she followed Jessica's glance she was right; Jake had noticed.

Adrenaline hit her system. Her heart beat faster, more so even than when she stole that beer, and she felt something that she felt so, so, preciously, frustratingly rarely these days. She felt alive. She wanted more of that feeling. She leaned forward, stretching her silhouette against the bright light of the bonfire at her back, and kissed Jessica lightly.

Show
    In response to Jessica's successful Turn On I am 'giving myself to her' - in that I am kissing her. Georgia has no intent of 'fading to black' right there on the beach.

I consider this "pursuing a Hunger" and am taking +1, then marking 1 experience for Satiety. I am also giving Jessica and Jake one string each on Georgia because she is acting so Unashamedly.

Turn on Jessica - (2d6+3)[8]
    Turn on Jake - (2d6+3)[11]
    Shut Down Jake - (2d6+3)[12]

Edit: Poor Jake! Georgia's really gotten into his head.

Jessica gets to decide how she is reacting to being turned on.

Georgia gets another string on Jake, and he gets to choose a second reaction.

Georgia is going to carry one forward for successfully shutting Jake down,
    getting +1 to her next roll.

Spoiler: Updated Stats
    Show

Strings
    Jake IIII
    Mary II
    Jessica I

Conditions
    Buzzkill
    Tease
    Adored

Experience
    1/5
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-13 at 06:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

He was still contemplating the lake when he saw Georgia kiss Jessica. You could practically see the gears in his head grinding to a halt as he tries to re calibrate on the fly. Jealousy, desire, and he saw her look at him again. Catch his eye right before leaning in like she was daring him to do something about it.

Any tenuous grasp on his self control is gone right out the window as he abandons thoughts of cold water in favor of going right over there to the two of them, waiting for them to part before sliding in next to Georgia. Hip to hip as he wraps an arm possessively around her waist.

"Oh come on now Jess that ain't even remotely fair. I turn my back for one minute and you're already tryin' to lure her off." He grins like the edge of a knife, sharp and dangerous.

Shut Jessica Down: (2d6-1)[5]

"Of course you..." he leans in close to Georgia, voice low and she can swear she hears the hint of a growl in there. "You're playin just as dirty aren't you? How's a fella suppose to enjoy the party when you keep turnin his head like that?"

Turn Georgia On: (2d6+3)[10] (tagging tease)

Show
    Sorry Victoria it was really really close about who he'd go and interrupt but then Georgia has to go and be all provocative again. On the plus side I get a string on her. On the downside Jake is still very bad at shutting people down. On the other upside I get to mark experience. Yay!

Show
    Strings
    Georgia III
    Mary I
    Victoria III

Conditions
    Thirsty

Experience
    1/5
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2017-09-13 at 07:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh god what is happening

Georgia does not have an answer for Jake. Georgia probably couldn't have told you what the question was.

(ooc: For Jake's successful Turn on Attempt, Georgia is going to get embarrassed and act awkward)
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-13 at 07:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Mary practically snarls when Alfred starts getting 'close' to Victoria, probably freaking out any nearby teenagers. She doges behind a tree, goes visible again, and steps out. She stops for a moment, shivery and indecisive (what is it with this weather?) then heads in the direction of Alfred and Victoria. The other girl doesn't seem to mind his attentions, but Alfred has a reputation, and it's not a nice one either (the fact that Mary knows this says a lot, really).

A large part of her tells Mary that this is none of your business, but she's committed now. She focuses on keeping solid while she steps up to one side of the two. Shooting Alfred a look which cleary says Get away from her, you creep. she opens her mouth and says:
    "Victoria." There is a pause while she scrambles for a plausible reason. "You promised me a - a dance."

Did I just say that. Tell me I wasn't so dumb as to suggest that, of all things. Oh god...

Show
    Rolling to Shut Alfred Down. I'll tag his condition (creepy) from earlier, as well.

(2d6+3)[13]

Take that, Alfred (I didn't even have to stomp on someone's feet)! I'm going to gain a string on him, for future use.

STATS:

Conditions:
    Traumatised.

Strings:
    Two on Victoria.
    One (now) on Alfred.
    Last edited by Mr. E; 2017-09-13 at 09:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Victoria breaks away from Alfred and struggles to focus on Mary, her mind buzzing. What? she blinks in confusion for a moment before regaining her composure, she puts her hand on Afred's chest in an affectionate gesture that nontheless prevents him moving closer again without moving it first. "I can't break a promise now can I sweetie, I'll be back for you soon enough."

Assuming no moves are made to stop her

Victoria pulls Mary out a little ways to dance, her normally reserved, almost bored attitude cast aside as she pulls her in close, pressing against her with unexpected fervour. "Your concern is touching, but I know what I'm doing... Or are you just jealous?" Victoria's words drip with a strangely enticing venom.

Show

Victoria is obviously rather hot and bothered, as well as more than a little confused, but she's trying to reassert some power of someone...
    Presuming Mary's shutting down of Arthur precludes the need for me to do anything there...
    Turning Mary On (2d6+1)[4]

22. - Top - End - #82

Spoiler: Victoria, Mary
    Show

Alfred stiffens, and gives Mary a shocked, startled look of fury-though it dies a moment later. He takes a deep breath and gives Victoria another feral grin.

"Hey, who am I to steal a dance? The offer's open whenever you...want that ride Victoria." He backs off-not down, and heads off back towards his group. he gestures, broadly and with dramatic flair, causing the assembled punks to hoot, holler, and break into drunken laughter as they absorb him without a thought.

Unlike Alfred, Mary is like being dunked in cold ice. The girl radiates it like a Mary-shaped minifridge. Even her bare neck isn't enticing. And wasn't Victoria just so hungry after being teased so?

As for Mary, Victoria is uh, very present isn't she? This dance was not at all like dancing with her cousin at a wedding, and Victoria wasn't trying to hide her mood about it either!

Spoiler: Jake and Georgia
    Show

Spoiler: IC
    Show

Jessica's lips taste like cheap craft beer and something fruit-y, probably her lip balm. Her perfume fills Georgia's head like a fog, and there's the faint pressure of the other girls tongue at her lips before Jake arrives.

"Oh! Well here's your boyfriend now Georgia. My he's a good Boy isn't he?"She makes no effort to pull further away, instead letting her hand rest on Georgia's thigh and lean in closer to chat with Jacob too. Her voice drops, as if sharing a secret with Georgia, though Jake can hear every word. "You know, I always thought you went for the boy scout types. Feels good to be right"She teased, leaning back suddenly, and kicking her legs out-letting them rest right across both of their laps as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

"And I didn't lure anyone off, she came here all on her lonesome, didn't you Georgia?"

Show

Jessica turns on both Jake and Georgia, taking a string on Georgia and making her react, but fails to shut down Jake. Jacob gets to choose whether to give Jessica a string or react. Jessica will choose to give Georgia a string.

Show

Alfred will lose his 'Creepy' condition.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Why doesn't she tempt me, what's wrong with her, or me?, the irony of wondering why she doesn't want to bite someone and taste their blood is not quite lost on Victoria.
    Increasingly frustrated Victoria nips Mary's neck with her teeth, not enough to break the skin, just trying to get herself in the mood a little.

24. - Top - End - #84

Ordinarily Jake would be so very very flustered and would maybe need to go lay down for a bit somewhere quiet to regroup. However 'Jake' wasn't actually the one driving right now. Well he was but he wasn't. It's complicated.

"So are you implyin I'm not your type then?" Jake just grins at Jessica playfully. "Aw I'm hurt."

He turns his attention back to Georgia, leaning in brazenly to press a kiss against her jaw. "But I guess I can't fault Georgia for it, if you wanted to kiss me I'd probably let you too. But I think Georgia's got right of first refusal in my case."

Turn Jessica On: (2d6+2)[8]
    Turn Georgia On: (2d6+2)[10]
    Reaction: Give Jessica something he thinks she wants - Compliments

Show
    He is going to be so mortified when he wakes up in the morning that's all I gotta say about this.

Show
    Strings
    Georgia IIII
    Mary I
    Victoria III

Conditions
    Thirsty

Experience
    1/5
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2017-09-14 at 02:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alfred," foot forward, foot back, "has," take another step and stumble, "a very," nearly fall, just manage to stay upright "bad," regain balance, then stand on Victoria's toes, "reputation." Mary stumbles around the dance floor, squinting in concentration. It's quite hard enough to dance already, without trying to keep all her extremities from phasing out of reality.

In fact, Mary's distracted enough that she does not respond to Victoria's bite, except by reaching up to slap vaguely in the general direction. Her ironclad focus on dancing is either adorkable, or just plain dorky, depending on where you stand.

Show
    Mary tries valiantly to impress Victoria (without success, I imagine).

I roll to Turn Someone On: (2d6-1)[8]

STATS:

Conditions:
    Traumatised.

Strings:
    Victoria: II
    Alfred: I

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"And you think I'm little miss sunshine and rainbows?" Victoria stops her nuzzling and looks Mary in the eyes, something cold and dark reflected in them "I thought I girl like you would love to see me taken down a peg. Isn't that what you nerds get off on?"

Victoria doesn't know how to act towards someone trying to help her, so she's falling back on old ways. No-one can betray you if push everyone away.

Show

Mary can have a string on me, aside from vaguely promising to be careful I can't see the other options working out.
    Shut her down (2d6+2)[5]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

"I think," Mary pauses, searching for the right way to express what she's thinking. She's not so much dancing as shuffling in place, clearly deeply in thought. She looks down at her feet, back up at Victoria, then back at her feet. Finally, she opens her mouth, speaking quietly but with determination. "I think that you shouldn't try so hard to not care about others. It doesn't suit you." To soften her statement, she smiles awkwardly in the general direction of Victoria's sneakers.

Show
    I'm going to spend my new found string on Victoria to inflict the condition "Guilty",
    'cause I'm just that mean. Also, that's a new record for length of Mary sentence. Don't expect her to make it a habit.

STATS:

Conditions:
    Traumatised.

Strings:
    Alfred: I
    Victoria: II

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

(OOC: For both Jessica and Jake, Georgia is going to be embarrassed and act awkward.)

... I... What? Both of you... Um... She shakes her head to clear it of the hormone-induced fog which had been clouding her thinking. Jessica's toadies were acting weird, but that was nothing compared to how weird Jake was acting. This wasn't him, but she wasn't sure what it was - she hadn't seen him touch a bottle of beer.

No.

She simply pushes Jessica's legs off of her lap

Shut Jessica Down - (2d6+3)[7]

and disengages from Jake. She stands and brushes dirt off the back of her jeans, then looks from Jake to Jessica and back.

Why are you wasting my time with this weird competitive bull? Just whip your d***s out and measure them already!

Shut Jessica Down - (2d6+3)[6]
    Shut Jake Down - (2d6+2)[8]

She flipped them both the bird, one with each hand, and went to leave the party.

Run Away - (2d6)[11]

(OOC: Both Jake and Jessica lose a string on Georgia, they both give her a condition, then she "gets away to safety"

Show

Strings
    Jake IIII
    Mary II
    Jessica I

Conditions
    Buzzkill
    Tease
    Adored
    Ice Queen

Experience
    2/5
    Last edited by Ezeze; 2017-09-14 at 09:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Well it wasn't a bucket of cold water but it might as well be. Jake blinked in confusion as Georgia abruptly shoved both of them off and... S*** what was he doing? Why was he doing this?

"Georgia wait I..." but by the time he had the wherewithal to try and say something she was already gone, he'd lost track of her in the woods. And he could probably chase her, absolutely knew he could, and part of him really really wanted to. But it would be wrong, and he ****ed up. He really really ****ed up and he deserved this and no matter how much something in the back of his head was baying for a hunt he was not going to give it the satisfaction.

"I...s*** I'm sorry Jess. I dunno what got into me I should... I should just go."

He gets up just as hurriedly. He shouldn't be out here anymore. He shouldn't have come in the first place.

Escape: (2d6+1)[10]

Show
    Jake gets away cleanly too, I'm also going to ask if I can clear the thirsty condition considering. For Georgia I'm going to grant the condition 'Ice Queen' for that truely epic shutdown
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2017-09-14 at 09:19 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Victoria tries to laugh off Mary's words with bravado, but they do cut. She really does have nobody, and it's mostly her fault... Whatever, no use crying over it.

"Thanks for the dance." Victoria whispers and she breaks off, wandering the party for a while, alone with her thoughts despite the crowd.

Eventually, she finds her way back to Alfred, and approaches him, once the party has started to thin. "I made a promise, so I'm back, if you still want some alone time?"

As soon as she gets him away from the public eye, Victoria will throw herself at him, disguising her hunger as passion long enough to throw off any lingering suspicion before sinking her teeth deeply into him, drinking her fill.