New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Vampire Anniversary editions

Hello again.

So, I have recently acquired the V20 books, and I have to say, I am disappointed. Yes, all the bloodlines are there, but there is far to little background information. I mean they explain the basics on vampires, but there is no information on vampire society or anything that might help me prepare the setting. When I bought the revised edition many years ago, there was a lot more on worldbuilding, so my best sources are still the old book and the great videogames.
    One could argue that the V20 edition is intended for fans who like the setting, but then I cannot fathom why they would spend dozens of pages explaining the basic rules (skills for example) in excruciating detail again.
    Does anyone else feel that way?
    And is there a good source for modern and medieval vampire society? I mean, there are storyteller guides and the Dark Ages Companion, but are they useful?
    Last edited by Thrawn4; 2017-09-02 at 01:43 AM.
    What can change the nature of a man?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire Anniversary editions

As a person who has never read Vampire the Masquerade before getting V20, I liked it. I like it better than Requiem, feels much more colorful and worldly rather than isolated, small and plain.

don't have the other books though. so I couldn't tell you, unfortunately.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".