New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kung Fu Princess, A story of Thieves.

As Antoine has not posted, he may take an extra standard action this turn, and an additional immediate action.
    Jakros does the thing that he was not supposed to do, and has to watch as the half orc Desperately attempts to block with his shield, and the shield shatters, breaking through and bashing the half-orc in the face, as young ol' fimble tongue screams in pain.
    The Shield shatters, as it releases its payload- A vial of Perfect Ice, exploding out, the ice crystal radiating out, like a cloak of winter. Ice covers every foot, including the poor half-orc’s feet.
    (4d6)[12] DC 18 fort save half. The entire room is covered, top to bottom, with what is effectively Caltrops.

Rizen hits the Magus with all but one missile, causing significant damage, but it seems like she shrugs off a ton of it. She completes her teleportation, and vanishes into seemingly nothingness. You’re fairly certain she’s deeper into the building.

Spoiler: Wizard
    Show
    You watch as, from the smoke he left behind, a tree stump-sized bundle of tubes immediately begins to emit arcs of multi-colored sparks. It’s almost blinding, and the noise is almost deafening.
    (Those who wishes to make it to the Foye from the dining room make a DC 17 Reflex save, or be deafened for 1 hour and blinded for (1d4)[2] rounds .

Spoiler: Fimbletounge
    Show
    Fimbletounge does nothing but scream in absolute terror as the water in his feet begin to freeze off, and his ally begins to lob bombs into the foyer.
    HP: -2, dies at -32

Spoiler: Alchemist 1
    Show
    An alchemist comes from the map room to throw an acid bomb at all 3 people in the Foyer, targeting a square rather than anyone in specific, dealing 7 acid damage to all creatures, reflex DC 18 to half it.

Spoiler: Alchemist 2
    Show
    You watch as a tiny stirge walks through the fireworks, and is immediately blinded. It flies around crazily, looking for something to attach to.

Alchemist 1 and 2 act on the same Initiative as the Magus.

Map
    Last edited by The Vagabond; 2017-09-22 at 10:52 PM.

GNU Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Antoine turns, locking eyes with the alchemist who had begun attacking, and stomps through the ice methodically, staring him down. On the way, his arms begin lengthening and twisting, appearing almost gorilla like as they heft his falchion, now a massive silvery razor. He hefts it once in range, and swings it in an overhead strike, grazing the ceiling without slowing down.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    First Standard Action: Casting Longarm (10 ft. reach now)

Move action to A1, I am presuming the door is open so I can attack the alchemist, as he did me. I should have the movement to reach even at half speed.

Standard to attack with Power Attack.

Attack: (1d20+11)[16]
    Damage: (2d6+16)[25]

Saves:
    Fortitude: (1d20+11)[31]
    Reflex: (1d20+9)[22]

I just realized I forgot my animal companion existed. They will not be taking part in this fight, but will in future fights.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jakros the Giant

A wave of cold washed over the group, making movement more difficult. Moving slowly, Jakros avoid the icy spikes all over the floor. Raising his sword, he attacked again, blade flashing.
    Spoiler: Rnd 2?
    Show
    move half speed to close with A1. Fort vs DC18 - (1d20+9)[29]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[34]
    Damage - (3d8+12)[22]
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC: 20 (23) / CMD: 16 / HPs: 52
    F +9 R +8 (+11) W +7 / Init +5; Move 40'
    Weapons: +1 nodachi (+17/+12, 2d8+12); +1 earthbreaker (+17/+12, 3d6+12)
    Perception +9; Stealth +10; Craft +14; Sense Motive +11; Spellcraft +14; Autohypnosis +5
    Stances: Aura of misfortune, Distorted clock, Formless dance
    Maneuvers: Fading strike, Reflected blade style, Time skitter, Scything strike, Minute hand
    Effects: Stance (gain blur, see invisible); elusive shadow (+2 AC, Ref when moving 10'+); haste (+1 AC, att, Ref, extra attack w/full attack; +30'; 3 rounds)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Atropa

Atropa covers her eyes. "Ah ****! I can't see anything." She drops her hands slightly. "I think it's wearing off... give me a minute!" She yells again.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Rinzen is going to have to direct her.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Rinzen

Rinzen managed to cover his eyes by burying his head in Atropa's fur and closing them, while he covered his ears with his hands. Once they got through, he realized he could see properly... Although Atropa seemed to have done not so well.

'Wouldn't be really beneficial to lead her now, let's focus on attack right now...'

With that, he let his eyes locate the wizard once more and he shot three blunt arrows at the mage.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Full Attack - Flurry
    3 Non Lethal arrow attacks

Attack Roll 1 (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage roll 1 (1d8+4)[6]

Attack Roll 2 (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage roll 2 (1d8+4)[5]

Attack Roll 3 (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage roll 3 (1d8+4)[7]

"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Somehow, each arrow misses it's mark as a giant spider breaks through the doorframe, the wizard looks, shocked and panicked, and desperately tries to claw the nearby window open. He's completely terrified, as he desperately attempts to claw the window open, and attempting to climb out the door.

The Alchemist gets his face smacked into a nearby wall, as he looks in shock, and quite clearly rather wounded, with Antoine's aim gets missed and
    You just hear a thud.

Spoiler: Wizard
    Show

Standard action attempt to open a door, move action crawl out the window, requires a DC 10 acrobatics check to crawl out the window.
    (1d20-1)[12]

Spoiler: Alchemist 1
    Show

The Alchemist is incredibly damaged, and looks at you shocked, throwing a desperate acid bomb.
    (1d20+7)[20] (4d6+4)[13] DC 17 half.

Spoiler: Alchemist 2
    Show
    Alchemist 2 responds very reasonably, and also attempts to get the hell out of there.
    (1d20)[15]

The perfect ice deals (4d6)[15] damage, DC 18 fort for half.
    (1d20)[9] against Jakros,
    (1d20)[7] against Antoine.

GNU Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Rinzen Vlitra
    Level 6 Zen Archer/Incanter | HP: 39/39 | AC: 24 | Ki points 7/9

He grit his teeth and once more took aim at the wizard, preparing his blunt arrows and with a hopefully sharp aim, shot three of them in succession at the wizard.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Flurry
    3 Non Lethal attacks
    Within 30 feet, point blank shot

Attack Roll 1 (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage Roll 1 (1d8+5)[10]

Attack Roll 2 (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage Roll 2 (1d8+5)[7]

Attack Roll 3 (1d20+12)[22]
    Damage Roll 3 (1d8+5)[10]

"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Jakros the Giant

Jakros moaned as he fought against the small man. "Damn you Alchemist! What mysterious poisons have you released into the air? He stepped in, marking the man with his sorcerous eyes and attacking with a flourish of blows from his long blade.
    Spoiler: Rnd 3?
    Show
    Step as necessary. Swift action to claim alchemist (gain two maneuvers back) Full attack!
    Attack 1 - (1d20+18)[30], Damage - (2d8+11)[24]
    Attack 2 - (1d20+13)[24], Damage - (2d8+11)[24]
    Extra attack - (1d20+18)[32], Damage - (2d8+11)[18]

Crits - (3d20)[2][9][3](14) just in case ...
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC: 20 (23) / CMD: 16 / HPs: 52
    F +9 R +8 (+11) W +7 / Init +5; Move 40'
    Weapons: +1 nodachi (+17/+12, 2d8+12); +1 earthbreaker (+17/+12, 3d6+12)
    Perception +9; Stealth +10; Craft +14; Sense Motive +11; Spellcraft +14; Autohypnosis +5
    Stances: Aura of misfortune, Distorted clock, Formless dance
    Maneuvers: Fading strike, Reflected blade style, Time skitter, Scything strike, Minute hand
    Effects: Stance (gain blur, see invisible); elusive shadow (+2 AC, Ref when moving 10'+); haste (+1 AC, att, Ref, extra attack w/full attack; +30'; 2 rounds)
    Last edited by Starbin; 2017-10-02 at 10:22 AM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Atropa ccomplains loudly about being blind. "Damn. If I weren't blind, we wouldn't be in in this predicament. Of all of the weapons, it had to be this one. Where is that wizard? I'll tear him limb from limb..." Atropa wanders forward, her arms outstretched.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.