Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 120
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    It's September in the Bay Area, and that's one of the few hot months of the year, when the biting chill of the fog doesn't seep into every house every morning. Or at least if it does in September, it burns off by the afternoon. And today is a real scorcher. Fortunately, it's a weekend so kids are not forced to deal with the city's crippling lack of air conditioning in homes, but can instead deal with the heat in air conditioned stores, museums or just be outside, where at least your windows aren't turning your house into a greenhouse.
    That's one of the things that brought you to the park today, but you have more personal ones too. And as you're relaxing on a bench, or waiting for a friend, or reading away from the noise of the city or just looking for a new place to take a new friend, a cool fog starts to roll in, though abnormally fast. And at a weird time, fog normally starts in the morning or at night, not at 3 in the afternoon. Please roll a perception check and only open the following spoiler if you get a 16 or above:
    Spoiler: Perception check of 16+
    Show
    The fog isn't coming through the Golden Gate as you would expect but instead from directly above the park and seems to be almost making some kind of dome around you.
    Spoiler: Perception check of 20+
    Show
    For a brief second, as the fog rapidly descends, you swear you see a human shaped figure appear in the sky and fly off to the northwest.

    Once the fog has truly covered everything, you notice that the bit of technology you keep with you at all times has changed shape. It instead looks like this, with the screen showing an 8-bit rendition of a hatched egg. What happens next depends on whether or not your character is wearing eyewear (glasses, goggles, sunglasses, etc.) or not. Or if your character is named Connor.
    Spoiler: Glasses
    Show
    The fog comes down, cool and light, blanketing you and keeping you safe from the outside world. It feels like the world around you is indistinct, like a happy dream. You can see a good 100 feet in front of you, and from that boundary, where the world vanishes into the fog, you see some sort of creature heading towards you, and when looking at it, you feel like you're looking at an old friend who you haven't seen in years.

    Spoiler: No Glasses
    Show
    The fog around isn't the normal cool relaxing sleepy fog of a San Fransisco morning. It's a hateful oppressive thing that envelops everything and clouds your vision, so you can't see more than 10 feet in front of you. You are gripped with the sudden and irrepressible feeling that there are things out to get you, and they are surrounding you from every direction.
    Then, out of the fog, comes some sort of monster, but something about it seems comforting.

    Spoiler: Connor and Squid
    Show
    ((Real quick, I just want to mention that your bit of tech isn't a digivice yet on with the narration))
    As the fog covers the world around you, Squid seems, you don't know how to describe it, more real? Like he somehow seems more distinct and solid than he already was. And he senses enemies all around him. Other digimon.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Introduction: Evie List



    Evie sat quietly on the bench, legs curled up underneath her as she listened to her music as it clattered in her ears.

    Things are starting to accelerate into something
    Never stopping always trouble bubbling...

    Her family didn't really like the music she liked, but that shouldn't have been a surprise: they found a lot of the things she did weird. Still, the music let her escape and be in her own space for a while, so she sat in the sun, enjoying the quiet and peace.

    So she was definitely not expecting the blossoming dome of mist to surround her - wait what was that... - something was up there. She stood up, suddenly wary of whatever was going on, but as she stood and watched, the mist came down and she was soon surrounded. Her music started to crackle and her headphones were filled with static. she pulled her headphones away just as her phone started to blaze with light. She almost dropped it, expecting to be burned but the light wasn't warm and didn't hurt, instead, as the light faded she held a strange device.



    She had little enough time to ponder on what had happened to her mobile - what is mom going to say - because something was walking towards. Something that looked like an animal but was a lot bigger than the normal parklife. Her eyes strained to pick out details in the fog, and it was only as the creature came within 10ft of her that she realised it was a bear cub. Wearing a hat.

    Her knowledge of bears said you had to be as big as possible to scare them away, and almost instinctively Evie started flapping her arms as her mind was running in circles. Bears in Goldengate park? How is it standing up? It doesn't look like a normal bear? WHY IS IT WEARING A HAT?

    The creature stopped a short distance from the flapping girl and tilted its head looking at her quizzically. Slowly, the creature raised its arms and began to flap them too, looking askance at the girl to check he was doing it right.

    Evie's mind practically melted at this point, and she dropped her arms. "Wha- What are you?"

    The bear stopped, clearly confused by the arm waving thing, but then said slowly: "I'm Rabu. I've come looking for you."

    At this point, Evie was so certain that she was insane (like everyone had been telling her for years) that she just went along with it: "Looking for me? Why? What are you though?"

    "We're partners, I think. I can feel it. I'm Bearmon, a digimon."
    "Digimon? What is that?" She couldn't tell she was being rude, but Rabu blushed, feeling uncomfortable.
    "We're digital monsters, and I've come to find you, I know that."
    "Me?" A pause. "I'm Evie." Another pause. "What's with the hat?"
    Rabu's blush deepened, though it was pretty hard to see under all the fur and he clutched his headgear protectively. "I like it."
    There was another awkward pause as the two stood there awkwardly. "I like it too!" Evie blurted out. "Can I try it on?"
    This time, Rabu's blush was clearly pleased, though he was still protective of his hat as he handed it over. "Haha, I look so weird with this on."
    Rabu looked at the bench where Evie had been sitting, and caught sight of her own bobble hat left there (despite the summer heat). Evie caught him looking and immediately took off the bear's hat and thrust it back at him. She walked purposefully to the bench and clutched her hat between her hands. Rabu jumped up on to the bench beside her.
    "Nice to meet you Evie. I hope we can be friends."
    Evie tentatively took the outstretched poor and nodded slowly. "And you, Rabu. Friends would be nice."
    Last edited by dmarks; 2017-09-04 at 05:05 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Introduction: Joshua Canfield



    Joshua sat spread out on a bench, limbs taking up a lot of room, encouraging passerby to NOT sit there. Earbuds firmly stuck in he leaned back and closed his eyes. Listening.

    It's been one week since you looked at me
    Cocked your head to the side and said, "I'm angry"
    Five days since you laughed at me, saying
    "Get back together, come back and save me"
    Three days since the living room
    I realized it's all my fault, but couldn't tell you
    Yesterday, you'd forgiven me
    But it'll still be two days 'til I say I'm sorry

    It was a weird song but he had always liked the rapid fire line delivery. He'd gotten off work a few hours ago, and decided to take a stroll through the park. The heat was starting to get to him though, that's the price you pay for dressing like he does. It'd been a long shift, people called off to enjoy the warm day. Didn't bother him, more hours = more money.

    With his head laid back he was looking straight up when the fog started to come...down? Yeah it wasn't rolling in off the coast, it was forming a dome around the whole park. That alone wasn't enough to weird him out however, his music cut off into a static screech that made him rip his earbuds out. The used and scratched up Ipod shifted and changed into...well he wasn't sure. It was still green colored, but he had no idea what it was. The screen lit up with an image of a hatched egg.

    "....Okay I think it's time I got the hell out of here."

    Only by then the fog had started to settle around him. This wasn't your run of the mill fog, something about it seemed off to him. Dangerous, he started to regret reading that Stephen king book. As he was sure he was seeing things in the fog, no no ...has to be his senses playing tricks on him. When had he started running? Joshua was so busy keeping an eye on the fog that he didn't notice when something had moved into his path. At the last second he skidded to a halt thinking it was a child.

    This wasn't a kid, kids didn't look like a Venus Fly Trap grew eyes and arms. Josh stared down at this thing certain he was hallucinating. Then...it spoke.

    "I FOUND YOU!" The thing leapt up and grabbed Joshua...in a hug. So stunned was the teen that he didn't react for a full 3 seconds. Then he yelled out and fell backwards onto the ground.

    "Wha...what are you what's going on?" The green thing rolled off of him and sat on the ground next to him.

    "I'm Palmon, but you can call me Thorn. We're partners."

    "That explained nothing."

    "What? Oooh you asked WHAT not WHO. Okay okay let me try again." Palmon (Thorn) stood up and coughed into her 'hand'. "I'm a Digimon, a Digital Monster. I've been looking all over this fog for my partner, YOU!" Palmon extended a viny finger and pointed right at him. "And I'm from the....huh...that's odd I don't remember."

    Joshua raised an eyebrow at this 'Digital Monster.' and took out the odd device his Ipod had changed into.

    "Do you know what this is?" Palmon smiled and clapped her hands togther. "That's the proof that we're partners!"

    "Well look, Palmon." "Thorn." "...Thorn, lets get out of this fog. We can talk more after okay?" Palmon nodded, Joshua stood up and started walking, Palmon hurried along and jumped on his back. Riding on his shoulders like a kid. The Teen just sighed and accepted it. Not entirely convinced he wasn't still dreaming about all this.
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    He leaned back for a yawn as his hands fiddled with the volume controls of the dinosaur of an MP3 player he held in his hand. "I see my red door, I must have it painted black. Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts" He would utter along to the crackling lyrics that assaulted his ears through a pair of headphones. It wasn't the headphones that were ruining the sound quality, the old contacts within headphone jack on the players had been scratched up pretty good, even a slight jostle of the plug could disrupt the connection.

    He could have gotten a new one, one with more memory, one where a fifth of the pixels on the screen weren't either dead or stuck, one that he could have put music he actually cared for on. But he didn't. His mind would wander, a small grin of a smile creeping onto his face. But it didn't last long, as his mind inevitably wandered back into a dark territory. His smile turned into a frown, before a long sigh escaped the young man. "Jerry..." Chris would utter slowly, his gaze slowly coming back into focus. He had been intending to get up then and there, maybe walk for a bit. Timothy was late, so unlike him.

    But the teen would promptly forget this little detail as his skyward-bound eyes came across something odd. Fog, that wasn't there before, and he would have seen that coming. besides, it was barely half-way into the afternoon. A chill began creeping up his ankles, both literal and figurative. "The hell?" He wondered aloud, swinging back forward and onto his feet, before turning around to observe the fog again. It was coming in quick, almost... like a dome of some kind. His attention was drawn away from the fog, however briefly, when the music from the earphones started going completely haywire, the poorly rendered Paint it Black melting into a noise that he could only describe as a dial-up modem. His hand reached into his pocket to pull out the MP3 player, and as he looked down to see what was going on, Chris found himself blinded by a bright flash, before feeling a gentle tug on his earphones.

    His eyes would reaccomodate as the light faded as quickly as it had appeared, but it was no longer the MP3 player he held in his hand, but something... larger. A white device, with electric yellow bits that appeared to serve as some kind of gripping surfaces. the small screen displayed... an egg? What was this, one of those cheap dollar store handhelds? but where'd the player go, and where did this thing come from? His other hand would come down to pull up on the cord of his headphones, only to find that plug, what was left of it anyways, crumpled.

    Chris once again was given little time to wonder what was going on, as he could have sworn he saw... something moving in the fog. A sudden fear gripped him, something he usually diidn't find himself feeling, not in a place like this. His eyes darted about,breathing increasing in pace. Finally something came into view, something... Yellow? What looked like a large yellow caterpillar, with dark grey stripes shaped like lightning bolts along its back, three pairs of small claws of dark blue, a large matching stinger on its rear, and a slightly lighter... Was that a beak? Chris didn't even realize his mouth hung open as he tried to process what this thing was.

    "I finally found you, do you know how long it took me to crawl all the way over.?" The caterpillar would ask in slightly chirping and clicking voice, much to the youth's shock.

    It... It talks, what the hell are you?" Chris would ask, or rather almost shout at the strange critter, taking a step back.

    "I'm not an "it", I'm Rei. But everyone just calls me... Rei... I really didn't think that through did I? Ehhh, whatever, that's not important. What's important is that I found you." The caterpillar replied in a tone that at first seemed to convey offence, but then the little thing went off muttering on its own little tangent, before again whipping back to a serious tone.

    "What, so you can eat my face?" Chris tried to sound sarcastic, if only to mask his fear.

    "No, I don't eat meat, especially not faces. I hear they're quite chewy and ful of all kinds of hard bits.... Uhhh.... What I meant to say was." The thign seemed almost flutered, the face-eating bit having pulled it onto a completely irrelevant tangent. "What I was gonna say was, because you're my... partner."

    "A what?" He replied in an extremely flat tone, not quite sure how to process that little(or not-so-little) detail
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Spoiler: Conner Portrait
    Show

    Spoiler: Squid Portrait
    Show


    Near mallard lake, Conner was nestled in among the greenery, out of view of the general public. His backpack was leaned up against a tree next to him, having been used to transport the other occupant of the small waterside clearing. Although Squid was his namesake, the Digimon seemed entirely unfamiliar with the concept of water. He'd seen rain before, and puddles, but never anything larger. Squid was prodding at the reflective surface and eyeing himself warily, as the ripples settled and the mirror image reappeared.

    "Conner! Another me is down there!"

    It was the weekend so, Conner wasn't in his school uniform. He'd picked a simple red t-shirt and a pair of brown camo shorts for the stiflingly hot day. The weight of the busted flip-phone made one of his cargo pockets sag - ever since Tsumemon's transformation, Conner had kept the device on hand, since it had some kind of connection to Squid. One hand stuffed into his pocket, the other was twirling a box of matches. Up, over, through his fingers, he glanced around at the heat-dried undergrowth. There was a lot of tinder, but starting a fire here would get people hurt. He knew better. Keep it small, keep it controlled. It was why he'd picked the lake as a possible hangout spot; he'd thought, maybe he could wade out into the water and burn a few tissues and things, then use the water to dunk them after he was done. The only problem was that the park was really, really public. What if somebody discovered Squid while Conner wasn't around?

    "Nah, man. That's your reflection. It's, like... light bouncing off the water," taking a few steps over to the water's edge, Conner squatted down beside Squid and looked down at the two reflections. "See? I got one too."

    Squid braced himself and plunged his head into the water, only to come up seconds later coughing and sputtering. Conner had to suppress a snicker , and took a step back to avoid the water spray as Squid shook and wiped his face dry, flicking water everywhere. "Yeah. Guess that's a no for breathing underwater, huh?"

    "Eugh," Squid spit out some of the dirt from the bottom, where he'd apparently tried to bite into the ground. Then the comical display was suddenly gone as Squid's antennae perk up, standing straight in the air at attention. Looking up, he could see the fog falling from the sky. "Danger. Gotta go, gogogo!" Suddenly bursting with nervous energy, Squid bolted away through the underbrush.

    "Whoa, hey!" quickly grabbing his pack and swinging it over one shoulder, Conner gave chase. "Don't go running onto the public paths-!" he tried to stage-whisper, but as he broke out into the open he found his way barred by a wall of fog. It was coming in at the edge of the park that Squid had been heading for, but Squid now came back out of the fog to cling to Conner's legs. The little critter was shaking like a leaf. Soon the fog overcame them and visibility became short. Where the fog hit Conner's skin he felt it crawl, like something was grabbing and pulling at him, and he could feel a hostile presence pervading the area.

    "Bad Digimon!"

    "Digimon... you mean like you?"

    "Bad Digimon!"

    It was hard to see. Trying to get his bearings, Conner took Squid by the hand and began leading him back towards the more public areas. Others of Squid's kind, here? What even were they, aliens? Squid had barely known anything about what he was when Conner asked, aside from 'Digimon', 'Tsumemon', and 'Keramon'. In any case, if they were dangerous, there was safety in numbers. Conner fought against the adrenal panic at the edges of his mind and looked around for more people in the fog. He instinctively had a match in his hand, as though that would do anything to help. He'd been unable to light it in the all-encompassing dampness.

    "Hello?" Conner called out, the loud noise making Squid tense up.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2017-09-04 at 08:33 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Evie and Rabu sat quietly on the bench together, staring into the fog. "Do you know what this is?"
    "No, but it came from somewhere bad."
    "The same place you came from? I wonder what it's made out of. Is it really fog, or just a heavy haze?"
    "Are you sure we shouldn't go?"
    "Go where, I can't see more than five paces in any direction. Besides. I was here first. The fog should leave."

    "Hello?"

    The two looked at each other. "We should go and find out who that was. Or what."
    "Really?"
    Evie slowly stood up, nerves writ large on her face, and Rabu followed, a couple of paces behind her. She sought the voice in the fog, stepping carefully so she didn't fall.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    [Evie and Rabu]
    Spoiler: Evie and Rabu
    Show
    As the two of you bond, the fog almost seems to shudder, and Rabu definitely feels it, his pupils dilating. There is a sudden chittering and then a few voices that seem to come from all around, like a song experimenting with stereo "What a shame, this subject already has a partner," says a feminine voice with an off-putting mix of sarcasm and sincerity. "Maybe it's for the best. Look at them, the host looks so frail and refuses to truely accept that the world doesn't care a whit about her," says a boyish voice with the same uncomfortable cadence, though this one seems to be on the verge of laughter. "Do Not Bother With Them," bellows a third voice, deep and masculine, every word reverberating in your skull like an explosion, "See What Can Be Done With Their Corpi."
    With that last echoing word, the voices halt and another monster emerges from the mist, but with this one comes a pervasive feeling of uneasiness, the diametric opposite of the feeling you get looking at Rabu. It makes a noise that sounds like radio interference going through a cheap static-y megaphone and then lunges at you.
    Please roll initiative. If you beat (3d6+2)[16], then you go first and may react to the attacker. If you do not, please open the below spoiler.
    Spoiler: ??? Goes First
    Show
    The thing charges Evie, a stinger attached to an insectile arm, longer than the thing's body, bursting through its mouth. It tries to sting her, rolling a (4d6)[15] to hit. If that hits, it has a damage of 2.
    Regardless, if you attack, here are its dodges
    Spoiler: Dodges
    Show
    1st attack: (2d6)[6]
    2nd Attack: (1d6)[6]

    [Joshua and Thorn]
    Spoiler: Josh and Thorn
    Show
    As the two of you bond, the fog almost seems to shudder, and Thorn definitely feels it, her pupils dilating. There is a sudden chittering and then a few voices that seem to come from all around, like a song experimenting with stereo "Another failed one. Pity, we could have probably used this one," says a boyish voice with an off-putting mix of sarcasm and sincerity, and the telltale sound of someone trying not to laugh. "Maybe it's for the best. Look at them, the host looks so frail and stinks of pointless rebellion," says a feminine voice with the same uncomfortable cadence, though this one seems better at keeping its laughter in. "Do Not Bother Dawdling," bellows a third voice, deep and masculine, every word reverberating in your skull like an explosion, "We Will Have Them See What Can Be Done With Their Corpi."
    With that last echoing word, the voices halt and another monster emerges from the mist, but with this one comes a pervasive feeling of uneasiness, the diametric opposite of the feeling you get looking at Thorn. It makes a noise that sounds like radio interference going through a cheap static-y megaphone and then lunges at you.
    Please roll initiative. If you beat (3d6+2)[13], then you go first and may react to the attacker. If you do not, please open the below spoiler.
    Spoiler: ??? Goes First
    Show
    The thing charges Joshua, a stinger attached to an insectile arm, longer than the thing's body, bursting through its mouth. It tries to sting him, rolling a (4d6)[16] to hit. If that hits, it has a damage of 2.
    Regardless, if you attack, here are its dodges
    Spoiler: Dodges
    Show
    1st attack: (2d6)[4]
    2nd Attack: (1d6)[4]

    [Chris and Rei]
    Spoiler: Chris and Rei
    Show
    As the two of you bond, the fog almost seems to shudder, and Rei definitely feels it, his pupils dilating. There is a sudden chittering and then a few voices that seem to come from all around, like a song experimenting with stereo "Yet another failure. You'd think we were batting for the A's with our success rate," says a feminine voice with an off-putting mix of sarcasm and sincerity. "Come, look, we might have dodged a bullet here, this host can barely function without a nightlight," says a boyish voice with the same uncomfortable cadence, though this one seems to be on the verge of laughter. "Now, Now. Avoid Them," bellows a third voice, deep and masculine, every word reverberating in your skull like an explosion, "Tear Them Apart And See If Their Corpi Are Still Suitable."
    With that last echoing word, the voices halt and another monster emerges from the mist, but with this one comes a pervasive feeling of uneasiness, the diametric opposite of the feeling you get looking at Rei. It makes a noise that sounds like radio interference going through a cheap static-y megaphone and then lunges at you.
    Please roll initiative. If you beat (3d6+2)[12], then you go first and may react to the attacker. If you do not, please open the below spoiler.
    Spoiler: ??? Goes First
    Show
    The thing charges Chris, a stinger attached to an insectile arm, longer than the thing's body, bursting through its mouth. It tries to sting him, rolling a (4d6)[8] to hit. If that hits, it has a damage of 2.
    Regardless, if you attack, here are its dodges
    Spoiler: Dodges
    Show
    1st attack: (2d6)[9]
    2nd Attack: (1d6)[2]

    [Connor and Squid]
    Spoiler: Connor and Squid
    Show
    As the two of you bond, the fog almost seems to shudder, and Squid definitely feels it. There is a sudden chittering and then a few voices that seem to come from all around, like a song experimenting with stereo "One more failure, how is it that-," says a boyish voice with an off-putting mix of sarcasm and sincerity, and the telltale sound of someone trying not to laugh, but then it stops suddenly, before shouting one word, though the word is staticy beyond recognition, "K̢҉͚̖͈̤̖̙̤͖̺͖̰̭̺̝́͜͠ę̧͎̱͈͖͉͙͡͡r҉̼̗͉̥͠͝a̷̶̡̡̟͔̠̣̰͟ ͔̤m҉̴̢̞̖̩̱̟̕O̡̳̭͕͙̘̥̥͍͜ͅN̶̸̴͡҉͚̰͎̙̜̠̫̣̻?̨̣̕̕͜͞ ̘͍̫͖"
    A feminine voice cuts in, sounding nervous and like her connection is being dropped "Creator, what is going on, you said we'd- I'd- we'd-" that voice is interrupted by a third voice, deep and masculine, every word reverberating in your skull like an explosion, "Come My Poppets, We Shall Continue Our Work Elsewhere And Elsewhen."
    With that, the voices stop, and the fog around you clears, giving you a good hundred yards of visibility. Coincidentally, you can see a human and their digimon engaged in battle with some weird insectile creature.
    ((Pick any other player, you can enter their combat after both they and their attacker go.))
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2017-09-05 at 11:53 AM.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    "So, let me get this straight? You can't remember where you came from, or why you showed up here? But you know that I'm your partner, and this... thing is supposedly proof of that?" The youth would ask the strange caterpillar, holding out the strange device that had seemingly replaced his old MP3 player. The caterpillar wold nod, or at least he assumed that vigorous up-and-down flexing of its front third constituted nodding, while also clicking its beak in what Chris interpreted to be excitement.

    He would let out a short sigh. "Look, all things considered, I've no reason to believe you're lying, but... I can't just take you with me. You'd stick out like a sore thumb, and that would probably get us both into trouble." The caterpillar almost seemed to shrink a little, hanging its head as the teen spoke. He was about to continue, when he found himself suddenly confronted by several voices. The initial comment of "another failure" he disregarded, but with the words of the second voice, a sudden plume of anger flared up within him, Chris' pupils widening and his expression twisting into a teeth-baring snarl. "What's that? You want to come say that to my face, ya little punk?!" The tone of his voice very much matched the expression on his face, an angry bark of rebellion.

    That anger would take a momentary backseat as the third voice then spoke, his free hand coming up to his head. Rei meanwhile looked around, seemingly worried. Then it came out, another monster.

    What was that, some kind of tick? His teeth reamined bared, but a quivering of his lips betrayed the fear roiling underneath. Then this new monster started moving, lunging. Reflexively his hands came up to protect his face.

    "Electric Thread!" Rei would suddenly cry out, violently swinging its head forward as several tin stings shout out from its mouth. A smell of ozone creeped into his nose as arcs of electricity ran down the silky threads. But it was a miss, only for the yellow bug to rear its head back, swiging it forward for another blast of silk. This time the threads seemed to connect, arcs of electircty running down those threads into the big grey tick-thing.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Chris is standing around dumbfounded
    Rei attacks as a simple action with Electric Thread. misses.
    Rei attacks as a simple action with Electric Thread. hits. Damage is 3 minus Armor. if damage is 2 or greater, enemy is Stunned for one round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Evie screamed as the creature flew towards her, and did her best to duck out of the way. She kicked out at the beast as hard as she could, trying to drive it away.

    Spoiler: Dodge
    Show
    (7d6)[5][5][1][6][3][6][2](28)


    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Accuracy (4d6)[3][3][2][1](9) If packmaster applies to humans and rabu is within '3' of Evie, then an additional (2d6)[1][5](6)
    Damage 4


    "Evie!" Rabu rushed into the fray, smashing into the creature with all his strength, before pouncing on it and grappling it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Bear Roll (charge allows him to move and attack): (4d6)[3][5][4][5](17)
    Damage 3

    Followed by Clashing: clash roll - (3d6+7)[15] +size bonus (Rabu counts as Medium, so if the monster is Tiny,
    then he gets +2 and the monster gets -2, if it's small then it's +1/-1

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Hearing bizarre voices in the fog, Conner recoiled from the broken, staticy shout and the booming voice that pulsed through the fog. He could feel Squid's death-grip on his arm slacken when the fog began to recede from around them. A sudden scream drew Conner's attention, and he picked up the pace. He spotted three shapes, becoming more distinct as he closed in. A girl and some kind of bear were caught up in a struggle with a giant bug.

    "Bad Digimon," Squid pointed at the bug.

    "Alright, so-" before Conner could finish asking what to do, Squid had charged forward.

    The bear was in the middle of trying to pin down the bug, but Squid barreled in and raised both fists together to drop them on it in a lunging hammer-strike. "Dark Crusher!" Sparks of purple lightning flashed at the impact point where the fists made contact. Without hesitation, Squid immediately repeated the strike a second time, leaving behind little trails of acrid smoke.

    "Squishing bugs it is," Conner took off after Squid and leapt into the air, coming down in a flying stomp on top of the bug, "Move it or lose it tickface!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Not sure what the enemy stats are or if the clash will succeed, so DM modify these as needed.

    Squid charges and uses Dark Crusher for 4? damage.
    Squid uses Dark Crusher again for 7? damage.
    Conner moves in and curbstomps for 1? damage.
    Last edited by RandomWombat; 2017-09-06 at 09:30 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Joshua was trying to find a way out of the fog. He hadn't been to the park enough to know it like the back of his hand. But he figured if he stayed on the path he'd find an exit. Thorn meanwhile, was humming to herself. Her legs hung down on the either side of his neck and her 'fingers' were tapping his head. So much for his theory that she was just a very vivid hallucination, or that he was dreaming. Things were quiet, until...those voices drifted in. Joshua stopped in his tracks and Thorn jumped down. Suddenly on guard.

    "Wait...what's going on?"

    Thorn didn't answer, something zipped out of the fog, Thorn was faster though her vines whipped out, she missed striking the ground and digging deep furrows. The thing zipped towards her with a stinger, but due to her attack or the fog, it missed as well. Joshua jumped back.

    "What the?" Thorn called over her shoulder. "Stay back, I don't know what it is but it's dangerous." Thorn's Ivy again lashed out. "Poison Ivy!"

    This time her Vines streaked past and struck a Tree, Joshua however had recovered and ran in delivering a Kick to the things side. "Rider KIIICK!" Joshua turned a little red at his own words, doubting any of these creatures would get that old reference.
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    [Chris and Rei]
    While Chris stands on confused, the crackling strands from Rei's attack wrap around the thing. It makes another distorted noise, like an mp3 going through a garbage disposal. Then it disperses into a burst of pixels, most of which flying away from him like reverse snow, though some of it sizzles up the electrical line into Rei's body. After it disintegrates, the fog clears a little, giving the pair a clearer view of a punk looking kid about your age with a plant-like monster next to him, both of them looking like they just had a fight of their own.
    [Joshua and Thorn]
    Thorn and the bug trade blows for a bit, back and forth neither gaining any purchase, but then, as its distracted, Joshua drop kicks it. There is the horrible noise of carapace crushing a gooey interior, some of a purplish grey fluid oozing out and staining Josh's shoes and then the thing bursts into a cloud of data. As it dies, the fog clears a little, revealing a large athletic kid about Joshua's age and some sort of worm-monster, both looking like they just had a fight of their own.
    [Evie and Rabu and Connor and Squid]
    Evie manages to dodge out of the way of its writhing tendril but it leaps surprisingly high out of the way of her kick, though that moves it into the oncoming bear roll. Rabu claws the thing up and then gets it tightly into his grasp, where it already seems quite wounded, pixels leaking from its form into the fog. Then, as it seems to be getting its second wind, Squid barrels through the fog and crushes the thing beneath his fists, it screaming as it shatters into data that dissipates into the wind. Connor then crushes a an errant storm of pixels triumphantly.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Scraping the bizarre digi-dust off of his shoe and onto the grass, Conner took a step back from the bizarre bear cub. He hooked his thumbs into his pockets and looked over at the girl who'd been screaming earlier, "Hey chick, who are you? And why's your pet dressed up like a wannabe rapper?"

    "That's a Digimon, Conner, not pet," retreating to Conner's side, the little tentacle-monster shook his head.

    "I thought Digimon were bug alien things like you and that little turd?" with an expression of confusion, Conner points at the spot where the tiny aggressor once was.

    "Nooo, there are lots of Digimon."

    "Okay, sure, whatever," turning to look at the girl again, Conner waited expectantly - and impatiently, foot tapping - for an explanation.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    that was... over faster than he'd expected. His hands came down just in time to see the weird tick-thing break apart into... something, like errants... Pixels? The hell?

    "Rei, did you just..? Chris was a little uncertain how to word the question, not that he had to, as the caterpillar would answer before he could finish. "I had no choice but to destroy it. It was a bad Digimon." The caterpillar seemed a little distraught. Casting his gaze down onto the caterpillar, he felt a twinge of... something in his chest. Something that fell somewhere between gratitude, sympathy, and a sense of horror over how easily Rei had ended the other creature.

    Taking a moment to gather himself, the young man then stepped closer, before crouching in front of the creature. Rei would lift his gaze up a little ust in time for Chris to bring his hand onto the caterpillar's head. "Thanks, for saving my hide just now." He would say, something of a forced smile forming on his face. Rei seemed to perk up from this.

    The fog seemed to clear up a bit, enough for him to see someone else, and... something else. Another monster. "Rei, is that another bad one?" He whipspered, gesturing toward the pair with a nod of his head. The worm turned, before shaking its head. That's a Palmon, they're usually nice to be around, as long as you don't anger them." Chris would shrug at the name, but didn't question it.

    The kid with the plant thing... what was he wearing? Well, not his problem. Chris would stand up. "Yo, you okay over there?" He would call out to the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Thorn blinked a few times, she hadn't expected that kick to do that much...anything really. She put a 'finger' up to her lips and thought for a moment. "Wow...that thing must be really weak for you to be able to beat it." Joshua, who had a look of triumph on his face looked over to her. Now with an incredulous look on his face.

    "...Thanks for the vote of confidence." Joshua stood up and dusted off his pants. That thing was gooey, for a few seconds at least. It burst into pixels. Thorn said 'Digital Monsters'. It bust into pixels, that's gotta be connected. Joshua walked over to Palmon, and bent his knees to talk to her. He 'kneeled' with knees bent, feet flat and legs spread, his arms resting on his legs.

    "So what was that?" Palmon looked over to him and plopped down, after using her attacks so rapidly she was a little tired.

    "A Bad Digimon I think, not sure what kind."

    "It looked like it was trying to kill us. Well either way It's a good thing we were with each other..." Joshua stopped, someone was calling out. The fog was clearing away, he hadn't noticed till now. He looked up and saw another person...with a yellow worm with him. "Is that a Digimon?" Josh asked pointing past Palmon to Chris and Rei.

    Palmon jumped up and turned. "Yeah! A kunemon I think." Palmon raised her hand and waved over to the two. "I think he was asking you a question."

    "I heard I don't know how I should answer." "Hmmm? Shouldn't you just tell him?" "Their were other voices in the fog, Thorn. For all we know one or both of them could be the others."

    Something clicked in Thorn's head and she nodded, her vine fingers twitched. "I'll stay on guard." Joshua nodded, he was surprised how quickly she picked up on that. It had been roughly half a minute between Chris's question and Joshua finally responding to him.

    "Yeah! We're good, but why don't you stay right there for a while." Lets see what they do next.
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Evie watched as the bear, Rabu, the Digimon, whatever it was, fearlessly rushed past her and tackled the creature, carrying it away from her. Things had been so strange that when a new creature showed up to help Rabu out, she didn't even feel surprised.

    She did however, manage to feel affronted by the new arrival's manner. "You're not very polite," she announced grumpily.

    "I'm Evie, and this Digimon is Rabu. Who are you? Do you know what those things were?" Rabu shifted to stand by Evie's leg, half nervous, half protective.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    The kid wasn't answering, weird. Maybe he hadn't heard? Chris was just about to call out to him again when the other finally did answer, though also asking that he'd stay where he was. He tilted his head slightly, confused. Well, it seems no immediate danger was present, so he just let out a small huff and shrugged.

    He would lean back, dropping down into a sitting position, stretching his legs out slightly. "So, what now?" He'd ask, turning his head to Rei. "I dunno, I'd say stick together but he apparently wants us to stay here for whatever reason." The Kunemon would swing his head in the direction of the other male, in what Chris assumed was something akin to a pointing gesture. "But there doesn't seem to be any more bad digimon around so..."

    "There's that word again, Digimon." He would cut the caterpillar off suddenly. "Who, or what, is this "digimon"?" Chris would then go on to ask.

    The caterpillar hummed, before rolling over onto its back. "It's short for Digital Monster. Me, Palmon over there, probably even that... thing that attacked us, we're all digimon. We're what you'd call a digital lifeform." The kunemon started, before Chris interjected. "Digital?"

    Rei nodded, before continuing. "Yeah, we're from the digital world. It's... It's... Uhhhh... I forgot." he would say, before quickly trailing off. "You... Forgot?" Chris wondered aloud, again tilting his head to express confusion. "Yeah, I... I can't remember anything. it's all coming up blank." The caterpillar seemed a little distressed over this.

    He leaned over to the digimon. "Hey, calm down little guy. Don't stress out over it. Just... Go on where it picks up." Chris would tell him, the caterpillar rolling back over onto its feet, giving a slight nod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    "You got a problem with me?" the rude boy snapped when called out on his rudeness. Mumbling a little under his breath, he answered, "Effin' women I swear. I'm Conner, this is Squid. If you were paying attention you'd know they're called Digimon."

    Squid remained at Conner's heel, but cocked his head from side to side, examining Rabu at different angles from afar. "Conner what is a rapper?"

    Taking a breath to soften his tone (but not too much), Conner explained, "They're a bunch of dumb people who act gangster and think reading poems really fast is music. And they swear a lot, like it makes their 'music' better somehow. They're awful."

    Giggling with glee, Squid asked Rabu, "You're awful?" while innocently clueless that this could be parsed as an insult.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Evie was just about to tell this Connor that she did indeed have a problem with him being rude to her, but she remembered her sister telling her that sometimes people asked questions they didn't expect an answer to. Evie guessed that this might be one of those times.

    Pointedly speaking to Rabu rather than Connor and his strange Digimon, she asked, loud enough for the others to hear. "So are there good and bad Digimon? Why did that attack us when you seem perfectly reasonable."

    Rabu shook his head. "I remember coming from a bad place, but I can't remember... But they were bad Digimon. They needed to be stopped, I needed to protect you Evie."

    "I wonder if they'll come back. How often does this mist occur? It didn't seem natural, and the simplest explanation is that it had to do with the Digimon appearing. Did you hear those voices? It sounded like this was intentional, so the question remains, what was the purpose? Who or what are they looking for?"

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Joshua was watching Chris and Rei, he was trying to figure out if they were a threat or not. They didn't seem hostile, not that that meant anything. Thorn looked up to him after a few moments. "Do you really think they're a threat?" Joshua stayed silent for a moment before answering her.

    "Not everything dangerous is that obvious. But...hmm...let's check something." Joshua reached into his pocket where that Device was and held it up. "HEY!" he called out to Chris holding it up. "Did you get one of these too?"
    Last edited by Seanfall; 2017-09-11 at 11:15 AM.
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    A scowl on his face, Conner walks on past Evie, intentionally bumping past her with his shoulder. "You can sit around here chatting in this creepy fog, or we can find a way outta here. Suit yourself."

    When the subject of the voices comes up, Squid's antennae droop and he looks aside, "I hear one of them yelling my name."

    "Huh? You serious?" though he doesn't break stride, carrying on down the walking path in what he hopes is the direction of 'out', Conner looks down at Squid with a raised eyebrow. "You mean that younger guy who was all screechy?" Squid nods and scratches the back of his hand bashfully.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Mar 2016

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Evie didn't exactly like this Connor, but she also didn't like the idea of being left alone, so she hurried after the boy, not catching him up, Rabu in tow.

    "Hello! Is anyone there?" She called, wondering how they were going to find their way out of the fog.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    So where was I? Right, digital lifeform, essentially data. I guess you could think of some of us as... I guess computer program would be a good comparison." Rei would continue, Chris interjecting again. "Programs?" The caterpillar nodded at this "only some of us though. Some of us are simply formed from raw data. I don't know what else..." Rei would continue, before the kid with the Palmon would suddenly call out to them, the Kunemon stopping what it was saying and rolling back over onto its legs. Chris similarly turned his attention to the punk, what did he want now?

    The other was holding up something, a phone? Chris' eyes would go wide as he came to realize that it look familiar, extremely familiar. His gaze would turn down, as his hand reached into his pocket, before pulling out the weird device from before. Fro a moment he would stare at the device for a few secs, before turning to look at the device held up by the other, and sure enough, they were very similar. He would hold up thehis own device for the other to see. "Yeah, I've got one as well. Any clue on what the hell these things are?"
    Last edited by dethkruzer; 2017-09-12 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Joshua finally stood up and walked over to Chris, Palmon running alongside him. "Thorn here said something about it 'being proof'. But That's all she knew. It used to be my Ipod." Joshua pressed the two arrow buttons on it. Not sure what they would do...if anything.

    "Right when that fog came down...my Ipod screeched and turned into this thing. I think it's green cause of..." Joshua looked down to Thorn who smiled back up and waved to Chris and Kunemon.

    "ME! I'm Thorn nice to meet ya!" Thorn held out one of her hands towards Chris and Rei.

    "....So what was yours before it changed?"
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Seeing the other beginning to Approach would prompt Chris to bring his feet under himself and stand up, taking a few steps of his own to meet the other male. He held onto his own device as the kid started explaining the orgins of his device, Chris noticing quite a few parallels.

    Thorn, that was what the Palmon called itself? The young man made a mental note to try and remember that.

    "Same story pretty much, Rei here..." He'd pause for a moment to glance at the Kunemon. Rei would nod at the other two seemingly in greeating, but said nothing for now. "Explain that it's apparently proof of me being his partner, and that's about all before we got attacked by some big stupid tick-thing. As for this...." He'd pause again to bring the yellow-gripped device in his hand into view. "Used to be my bro's old MP3 player."

    "I'm Chris, by the way." He would then say, offering his hand as a gesture of greeting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Thorn beat Josh to the punch and grabbed Chris's hand. She clapped her other hand around his and shook his hand up and down smiling brightly.

    "Nice ta meet ya Chris and Rei, since ya both have one of those things I guess that makes us allies don't it!?"

    Thorn finally let his hand go and then looked up at Josh smiling and twirling slightly waiting for him to do the same. Joshua shrugged, bent down and shook one of Rei's legs.

    "I'm Josh."
    Last edited by Seanfall; 2017-09-13 at 07:40 PM.
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Now that the voices are on his mind, Conner looks down at the cracks in the pavement thoughtfully.

    "Hey," he stops for a moment and turns to face Evie behind him. A flurry of questions follows, "You said you heard those voices too, right? You said they did this somehow? Was it a loud older dude and two younger ones, a guy and a girl? What'd they say?"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    lord pringle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North California
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    As Evie calls out, her voice rebounds off the fog, turning into a cacophony of echoes. However, with each repetition the fog seems to yield, until eventually, a tunnel is formed through the mist. And at each end, are two pairs of digimon and their tamers.
    It occurs to you that you were certain that there was no one else your age around you before the fog hit, let alone three others. And as you look around at the spots you were all in before the fog hit, you were in different parts of the park from each other. Golden Gate Park is quite large after all. And yet, somehow space has warped to put all these spaces less than a quarter mile from each other.
    Something feels very wrong.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Seanfall's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cybertron
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Josh's next words were lost as the fog seemed to shape itself and reveal a two more pairs of humans and their Digimon. He stares at the other four, blinking and then looks to Chris.

    "You seeing this too right." Thorn raised her hand. "OH OH! I see them too!"

    "Thank you Thorn."
    Avatar by Darth Raynn.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    dethkruzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] Digimon: Recollection

    Well, he hadn't been expecting to shake hands with the plant creature, but just went with it. He would offer both the younger male and the digimon a nod. Chris seemed like he was about to say something when... Something changed. It took him a moment to realize that it was the mist. A tunnel had formed, in itself a strange phenomenon, but what was perhaps even stranger was that on the other end was another pair of teens, probably around his age, and what he assumed were digimon. A bear with a cap on it's head, and some kind of thin-limbed squid-thing with what was probably the second-most unnerving thing he'd seen today.

    Josh, as the other youth had introduced himself, would ask if he saw the same. Something Thorn see,ed enthusiastic to answer. That energeticness was going to get irritating sooner rather than later. "Yes, I believe I do." He would speak in reply.

    "Oh, more digimon. A Bearmon, and a... I don't think I've seen the other one before. Thorn?" The yellow little 'mon by Chris' side would add in, before tilting its head to give the palmon a questioning look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •