New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Banned

Default Re: Stellaris II: I, For One, Welcome Our New Robot Fungus Hivemind Overlords

So um .... did the game become substantially easier since the latest update? I generally have a sort of 50/50 chance of winning or losing, and this game has been an absolute cake walk. Just now, I build a colony on a holy world to trigger a FE response - early, they were still at well over twice my strength - and wiped the floor with them.

That's just not ... generally the picture.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Stellaris II: I, For One, Welcome Our New Robot Fungus Hivemind Overlords

Depends what you mean by "latest update". I'm not running the beta patch and it took some effort to wipe the floor with a Fallen Empire, and the Prethoryn were impossible until I had control of the doomstack federation fleet, even with an awakened empire on my side.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Banned

I'm running the beta patch. And the game before that - not on said patch - I got steamrolled by the prethoryn. Maybe those will still be overwhelming to fight against? The FE was too easy, I won't even have to rebuild, I can just go squash the other one now.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

In the latest version of the beta patch the AI picked up a serious aversion to building fleets. Possibly something to do with the new difficulty levels.

The actual 2.0.2 patch went live today though, so if you opt out of beta it will update to it. Maybe the AI has found the "build ship" button again.

(I remember back in 1.6 when it forgot how to declare war).

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Banned

These are pre-awakening FE's. It's my understanding they don't build ships at all, until ...

6. - Top - End - #1086

New difficulty levels? What am I missing? The only reference I can find to scaling difficulties is in a mod.

7. - Top - End - #1087

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    New difficulty levels? What am I missing? The only reference I can find to scaling difficulties is in a mod.
    2.0.2 has new difficulties. Instead of Normal/Hard/Very Hard/Insane it's now Ensign/Captain/Commodore/Admiral/Grand Admiral representing a 0-100% resource production buff as you go up.

There's also one called Scaling which starts at 0% and goes up to 50% by 2400.

However, the AI might be paying full upkeep now (it used to pay half, people cried when they found out) which means that its legendary economic incompetence means it is worse off even at higher difficulties and isn't building fleets very well. (Upkeep is higher now).
    Last edited by GloatingSwine; 2018-03-29 at 10:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1088

Ah, thanks.

9. - Top - End - #1089

BlackDragon

Well, I won the game, but rather annoyingly didn't get the achievement for doing so, even though I'm playing on Iron Man mode? Maybe that was because the update to 2.0.2 came in just before I did my final session. Anyway, one of my federation partners made the decision for me by asking to declare war on pretty much the largest remaining independent empire in the galaxy, so I voted Yes and we went to town. We actually captured every single one of their stations and all but one of their planets before either side hit 100% war exhaustion, and the transfer of the 13 planets which federation members had claims on pushed us over the finish line. First time I've ever achieved a victory condition in the game!

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

How do you combine multiple fleets into one?
    Spoiler: Quotes in the Playground!
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JumboWheat01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Welcome to the Dark Side. We have scented hand towels.
    I thought you were supposed to have cookies. I was promised cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Speaking as a necromancer, I just don't get why people can't leave a guy to raise a family in peace.

And they get all offended when I take some commonly-given advice and go out to make new friends.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    How do you combine multiple fleets into one?
    Select both fleets and in the corner of the UI there should be a 'merge fleets' button - I THINK its the top left corner but I'm not at home so I can't actually check it may be top right corner.

However it won't allow you to merge 2 fleets into 1 if this will exceed the fleet cap (i.e. if you have 2 fleets of 70 and your fleet cap is 100 it won't let you merge).
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-04-06 at 10:07 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #1092

BlackDragon

Also, both fleets must be of the same type, so you can't merge an army transport fleet with a normal one.

13. - Top - End - #1093

Flumph

Also certain things cannot be merged into fleets. (Psionic Avatar and Ether Drake for instance).

14. - Top - End - #1094

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Also certain things cannot be merged into fleets. (Psionic Avatar and Ether Drake for instance).
    I had an immature ether drake in a fleet with a Dreadnought, did they change that?

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ettin in the Playground

Aaaaah 2.1 looks so interesting so far I haven't even tried 2.0 and I want to wait for 2.1.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

16. - Top - End - #1096

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Aaaaah 2.1 looks so interesting so far I haven't even tried 2.0 and I want to wait for 2.1.
    2.0 is generally better than many reviews might lead you to believe (although apparently the 2.03 update is stupidly broken). The game has generally more interesting choices to make strategically, and wars don’t feel quite so stupid in terms of hair one huge dog pile and then clean up (even though that still happens).
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by houlio View Post
    2.0 is generally better than many reviews might lead you to believe (although apparently the 2.03 update is stupidly broken). The game has generally more interesting choices to make strategically, and wars don’t feel quite so stupid in terms of hair one huge dog pile and then clean up (even though that still happens).
    How is 2.03 stupidly broken?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

Well, given the faily larger and catastrophic bugs with the new patch (i.e., weapons fir not displaying) I am now glad I DIDN'T buy Apocalypse to start a new game last night. (I'd held off until now, because there was no point until I'd finished playing Witcher 3). So I think I'll hold off a bit longer still (I mean, my last proper game was 1.5, I think, so a bit longer won't hurt)... The final patch/expansion for War for the Overworld is out in a couple of days, so...

That's the second time they've released a patch with a massive flaw. I am tolerant to a point, but c'mon, guys; you didn't even beta this one like the last couple and clearly you should have done.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Honestly, I probably couldn't tell what weapons fire in this game actually looks like if my life depended on it so that part at least doesn't sound terribly game-breaking

20. - Top - End - #1100

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I personally haven't had the chance to play it (between work and recent travel), but it was apparently in a bad enough shape that Wiz, the lead designer, publicly apologized for it. Of course, it might not be awful, but registering enough of a response to get a public apology is something.

I've heard that weapon animations are broken among uncounted other things. The issue seems more to be that very little to no QA testing was done.
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Well, as others said weapon animations don't work, turret textures in some ships fail to load and are replaced with a multicolored cube, sometimes defensive armies spawn during combat, and the AI stubbornly refuses to build anything on their starbases. Those are the main problems I've heard.
    Last edited by Narkis; 2018-04-19 at 06:30 PM.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ettin in the Playground

Well they just reverted back to 2.02. They've made 2.04 available in the meantime, but only as a beta as of yet.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

23. - Top - End - #1103

Took this back out after half a year or so of not playing, and it's interesting. Everything is different, of course, but I've come to expect that of Paradox.

So, I'm playing a friendly robot civilization this time. No special civics, just a focus on having tons of minerals and research. And it's now mid-game, I've never had a war, everyone is associated with my federation and I'm absolutely crushing the galaxy in the power rating without really trying. Just by very aggressively spread mining stations everywhere and using my planets mostly as research centers. Everyone is inferior to me across the board and I've just now started to build habitats everywhere for yet more research and energy. Inferiors across the board, down the entire list.

I may just start a dumb war or two just to make this interesting. Maybe take on a fallen empire. Or crank up the difficulty a setting or two, next time. It's interesting, really. Last time I played, I kept being dominated by NPCs.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #1104

Trailer for the next story expansion is out! More anomalies, new spaceborne critters (giant Tiyanki!!!), and a gateway with a mystery behind it. Sounds like fuN!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Flumph

Also hyperlane distribution will be more blobby, with clusters separated by a few lanes and the hyperlanes won't be visible at game start, they'll be discovered as you explore.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ooh, binary and trinary star systems.

With a bit of luck they could be real powerful systems.

27. - Top - End - #1107

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Ooh, binary and trinary star systems.

With a bit of luck they could be real powerful systems.
    It would be odd if they are, considering that in real life systems with more than one star in them are probably the least likely places to find planets--the orbits in such a system tend not to be stable.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It would be odd if they are, considering that in real life systems with more than one star in them are probably the least likely places to find planets--the orbits in such a system tend not to be stable.
    Hey, its a staple of sci-fi, and the game is based on sci-fi, not science fact.

Plus on the preview they showed Alpha Centauri and it had multiple planets around each star in the system.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

Just appropriated the most delicious system I've ever seen

(took that screenshot when I discovered it, and just stole it, some 30 years later as it was quite distant from my core)

73 tiles worth of planet in one system
    Last edited by Sian; 2018-05-15 at 02:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1110

Flumph

It's not quite 73 but.....

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe can't happen any more. But get the "deceptive giant" anomaly in your capital system then embrace the worm to make every planet there a tomb world.

Sadly only 25 tiles actually available...