New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Stellaris II: I, For One, Welcome Our New Robot Fungus Hivemind Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I would note that sector automatization seems to be optional now. I haven't noticed any difference in how my first few sectors vs my core sector have been working.

I would also note a few things on Districts. I'm sure you've noticed there are different amounts for different planets, guiding you to specialize, especially with some of the buildings that give +% bonuses to production. Secondly, if you have the requisite expansions, Ecumenopoli and whatever the space station things are called have unique Districts (or possibly no districts for the space station ones?) that differ from the usual city/generator/mining/farm ones.
    Yes, ecumenopoles and habitats have unique districts. Habitats have districts for entertainers, clerks, and researchers in addition to buildings. Since habitats are much smaller, you really never should be building the entertainer district. I found them in general to be limited usefulness, as they cost 5k alloys to construct in the first place (and megastructures start at 10k alloys).

Ecumenopoles (gotta use that -es plural ending because it’s from Greek, not Latin) have districts for metallurgists, artisans, and entertainers. In addition, the housing district provides a few clerk jobs, but not enough to cover the massive housing increase it adds. Besides the districts, ecumenopoles get a massive +50% to pop growth and they draw in tons of immigration. These are extremely powerful, but they also kinda have some tough prerequisites to get. Once you have the ascension perk, you need a planet entirely filled up with city districts. Once you have that, you need to spend 20k minerals (not too difficult with the market) and wait a while for it to construct.

In either case, you’ll need lots of energy/mineral/food production to feed into your habitats and ecumenopoles as those can’t produce such resources natively in sufficient quantities.
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Stellaris II: I, For One, Welcome Our New Robot Fungus Hivemind Overlords

Ok, so let me start by apologizing for only ever coming to the tread when I need help.

I am giving a try to the new patch and I am being frustrated with the lack of immediate feedback in the economy. For example: I am currently bleeding credits, and have an excess of minerals. In similar circumstances in the past, I have had to go to each planet, found some unused menial jobs in the electric sector and laboriously forbid the miners from working until enough moved over. This was ok if a bit annoying with a single small planet, but with 6 it is becoming very stupidly micromanaging.

It is not helped by the fact that the numbers at the top of the sceeen don’t change until the end of the month so I have no idea of whether I moved the right amount, or if some ended in the wrong place and now I have too many clerks or whatever.

So, I have to ask: is there a better way to do this? A button I have missed for automatically balancing the economy, with any excess set to maximize x or balance between all outputs?

Thanks,

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So I'm running at almost 4x my Admin cap. Still positive on resources, but is that too much inefficiency? Im not sure where the line falls on if adding new planets/ systems is worth the increased upkeep for everything.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Like Stability, admin cap is just a number! As long as you're positive on resources and your tech growth isn't crippled, keep on keepin' on.

(Unless you're a megacorp in which case it actually hurts to go over. In my Trade League game I spent the majority of the game under the cap and was cranking out repeating techs by 2410 (it gets easier to stay under cap if you can consistently get a quick research time on the repeatable +10 admin cap tech, which I currently have 12 of in 2450)... but I also have like -3500 energy in monthly trades to keep my economic situation stable and minerals cost more on the market than exotic gases now.)
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

As I heard, there are a number of issues in 2.2 at the moment, as well as balancing issues as well. They are furiously trying to patch it, but the consensus seems to be that 2.2 is broken at the moment.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by houlio View Post
    Ecumenopoles (gotta use that -es plural ending because it’s from Greek, not Latin)
    I prefer ecumenopoleis, personally. It looks more elegant.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    As I heard, there are a number of issues in 2.2 at the moment, as well as balancing issues as well. They are furiously trying to patch it, but the consensus seems to be that 2.2 is broken at the moment.
    Broken is a bit much, but sizeable balance issues, yes ... and probably more than other pdx patches (but then again, there’s also more fundamental changes than most other pdx patches

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    So, I have to ask: is there a better way to do this? A button I have missed for automatically balancing the economy, with any excess set to maximize x or balance between all outputs?
    Not that I can think of, unfortunately. It'd be nice if there's such an option, but for now, there does not seem to be.

A very good thing Paradox can implement right now is proper job priority. (Set job A, B, C to 1, 2, 3, so that the system will fill A, then B, then only C.) It'll help immensely with trying to balance outputs. (I find my generator planets running short because it shuffled all my workers into some other job because I built a new building there in anticipation for imminent amenities shortage.)

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Depends. I am just about to complete a game, so if you are not having completely unplayable performance issues, it's fine. (Apparently the AI is still strugglng a bit, but you will alsmot certainly need a test run with the new economy anyway.) It's a bit sluggish in the end game and you also certainly don't want to use Gateways (at least not without saving first, so don't ironman in case you tank your performance) but I, at least, have found it playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post

Thanks,

Grey Wolf
    First - comepletely forget what you used to do prior to 2.2, the new economy is completely different.

Rule one is don't over build.

So is rule two, three and four.

Seriously, don't.

Be congnizant of how much materials your consumer goods will use.

You are better off running on slight unemployment than job surplus, as it runs less risk of tanking your economy because all your miners will promote.

Energy should be quite easy to come by nowadays. The market internal and galactic exists - use it.

As I say, I am just about to start up on finishing the last ten years of a complete game, and for the majority of that timer, my minerals have been in the negative (and consumer goods frequently). Sell and buy and so long as as long as you haven't been silly with over-building stuff, you can keep running on a deficit so long as you keep your storage topped up.

(If you are not on the beta patch, go on the beta patch. by the by. Among other things, your base storage capacity is about half an order of magitude higher.)

If you are really struggling, if the galactic market is up, consider setting up a monthly trade to automate sellig some minerals (you can kill it whenever you like) - nor sure if you can do this on the internal market.

If yuo're bleeding money, check your trade routes are a) not being wiped by pirate attrition and b) not going out of your space through enemy space (forbid acces to systems if necessary). If they are, build corvettes and set them to patrol. I am coming to the conclusion short routes patrolled more frequently are better than big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So I'm running at almost 4x my Admin cap. Still positive on resources, but is that too much inefficiency? Im not sure where the line falls on if adding new planets/ systems is worth the increased upkeep for everything.
    Admin Cap is now correctly Admin Capacity (again, go on beta if not on beta) and remember it's just the old penalty for excess pops and colonies, except more generous, so just like before, make sure you just keep upping all your resources.

That said, I've been playing a megacorp (and as you may recall, I pretty much HAD to go tall) and I've made it all the way staying under the cap, so you can do it. (The beta patch increasing the repeatable tech from 10 to 15 made a HUGE difference!)

Also, were on pafge 50, had we better not do a new thread?

Edit: Okay, that just taking the frack. The event where the Unbidden arrive is REALLY unfracking helpful, as it never told me fricking where. Got to within a couple of years of the end and suddenly found, wow, you can't time out win when there's a crisis and there's sudden a bajillon Unbidden quarter of the way across the galaxy in far more numbers than I can possibly hope to fight (and I'm not spending fracking hours in state the game in is, so FRACK THAT SPIT, game, that's just REALLU annoying.

Nope, even going back to the moment they show up, because I wasn't able to set Gateways of L-Gates up at any point, I can't rush enough forces over to be able to defeat them, they spam WAAAY too fast.

Which means I have to go back fifteen fracking years before the crisis.

Okay, then game, you don't get a crisis at all, now, frack you.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2018-12-16 at 06:12 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Also, were on pafge 50, had we better not do a new thread?
    I just put up the new thread
    Former Owner of GiTP's fanciest Bloodbowl Team: The Fancy Lads
    The League's Self-Proclaimed Perennial Favorites and Season III Champions!
    Current Owner and Manager of Rampant Professionalism