New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Mechanatrix Wizard (3.5)

So I am currently working on a Mechanatrix Incantatrix who is based around electricity spells. Since Mechanatrix's heal when they take electricity damage I am looking for a Persistable Spell to use that continually deals electricity damage on him. Anyone have any ideas? The Mechanatrix has Energy Substitution so other kinds of elemental damage are ok. If the spell damage scales off of CL that's even better, doesn't matter if it has a cap due to reserves of strength.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Mechanatrix Wizard (3.5)

Common wisdom is Thunderhead (SpC) -- though 1/3 rounds down to 0, so ask your DM if it works in his game.

There are some other ways, like the Lightning Gauntlets soulmeld or Binder binding Focalor, but my favorite solution is Improved Familiar + Extra Familiar (Dragon #280) to get two Shocker Lizards to do 4d8 lightning damage in an AoE every round. (Combines favorably with lots of people doing the same thing, or Rangers/Druids taking Monstrous Animal Companion (Dragon #326).)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I'm actually just making it out of the fun of it, no limits except RAW. Unfortunately due to that limitation then that doesn't work. The shocker lizards can work but I am looking for more electricity damage. I am trying to look for massive amounts of electricity damage but going on the Shocker lizard idea I could get Mothercyst feat and just get a crap load of shocker lizards

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Mechanatrix Wizard (3.5)

Dip into Binder/Anima Mage, and bind Focalor. Lightning Strike starts at 3d6, 1/round all day long. Not huge numbers, but it is NI out of combat healing.

If you don't want to lose caster levels, you can use the cheesy (and debatable) method of getting into Anima Mage with binding feats only.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Those seem like pretty decent options, but I was thinking of taking it a step further. Is there anything that would not require an action for the Mechanatrix to heal? I'm thinking getting a Dull Gray Ioun Stone, cast Dispel Magic, Animate Objects and Permanency to make it a creature and then use Magic Jar, to the Iounstone, inside it cast Whispercast and use the effect of that to cast Maximized Twinned Electrically Substituted Body of the Sun using Reserves of Strength with a CL of 22 for 88 Electricity damage per round, then use Incantatrix to add Persistent Spell onto it with Metamagic Effect.

I think it works by RAW but I am not completely sure. Would it?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Mechanatrix Wizard (3.5)

Emerald Flame Fist [SC p. 93] (with energy substitution) may be an option -

Range: Touch
    Duration 1/round level
    Target: Creature of object touched
    3d6+1 per CL fire damage a round (Fort save to end effect)

...I believe you should be able to target yourself, and elect to fail your save each round.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Not sure about that combo, but you could use something simple like arc of lightning or chain lightning with yourself as one of the targets.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards