Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Fragile Veil OOC [Masks]

Nope, Madame Memory is the only one he's told about the Sword and the Stone, and Centurion's the only person with whom he's raised the issue of Firewing working for Nihilus. Centurion heard Chama name-drop Verzaillix, but he doesn't even have the story about how Firewing brought the dragon back. And nobody but Chama knows anything about the wolf's eye he's going to have to take.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I think it was pretty clear to Centurion that Firewing was working for Nihilus, and he definitely would have shared that much with the team. I'm pretty sure he stated explicitly that she's one of his 'pieces on the board'.

And the idea of league apprenticeship became more of a thing Centurion wanted to push for after the whole scenario with the corpse, but he's still going to slow-roll with that idea, and it very well might not work out.

He'll be watching how they treat Gravitas closely, though.
    Last edited by Pyrite; 2017-11-10 at 05:41 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363

Ha! +1 to Drake for being the first person (I think) to recognize the inspiration for megadork.

And yeah, one of Nihilus's goons mentions Firewing by name, when he asks why the ritual went off early. So the link there is pretty explicit.
    Some kind of book witch. They/them.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Malexia View Post
    Ha! +1 to Drake for being the first person (I think) to recognize the inspiration for megadork.
    Yay!

I've read the last couple of posts, and while it might be a good point to end the episode, I feel that Hayden should be explaining to 21st Centurion why he left Tank alone with the prisoner.
    Though if we are ending the episode, then I don't see why Hayden's explanation that he was affected by Darkpyre's death can't be said "off screen."

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Malexia View Post
    Yep, this feels like a good place to switch over. I'm thinking a week time skip, which means time passes for anyone with moves that trigger off that. Oh, and everyone gets a point of potential, hurray!

I'm seeing some interest in a few different scenes to open on in the next episode:
    -Gravitas and Centurion meeting up to discuss Firewing
    -Chama and Glitch holding a funeral for Brett (or attending one by his family, if he has any), since they seem most connected to him
    Glitch probably can't turn up to an official funeral, but I have some ideas for a private, 'team only', memorial thingy. I am going to get her to organise it, and put up an IC post to that effect, if that is alright?

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateH View Post
    Chama's ending the issue with Angry still marked. Does anybody else still have conditions?

OOC, as a player, I'm not super thrilled with the idea of the game turning into us apprenticing under the League. They're fun to interact with as antagonists, but Captain Jerkass is never going to feel like a Superman substitute.
    I've got Insecure still marked. I'm hoping that the funeral might be an opportunity for Chama and Glitch to bond a little (while Glitch no longer looks up to him the same way she used to, hopefully their relationship can be repaired on more balanced grounds).

End of Session means stuff.

First of all, Cent's end of session Q's:

Yes
    Yes
    Yes

Well, that was straightforward.

The bonus point of potential puts Elizabeth at five, so I need to pick a new move. I'll think about this one, and get back to it.

Time has passed, so I need to roll to see how Glitch's civilian life has been going:

(2d6+3)[8]
    Average, is the answer. Which is surprising, given her messed up lie. I'm going to say that she's lapsed on her caring for Chrissy. Elizabeth has probably been grumpy all week, as she deals with the fall-out of that day. So while she's probably been home, she might not have been a great care-giver (which she probably feels super-guilty about).

Finally, I need to decide how Glitch's image of herself has changed. She certainly hasn't grown closer to the team. She could almost have been said to grow away from the team, but I don't want her to be utterly disconnected from the team, so I won't. In addition, I think her talk to Tank deepened their understanding of each other, despite the circumstances.

Therefore, she is going to grow into her image of herself.

"Monday sucked. There was nothing in that day that went well. And now it's over, and Brent is dead, which I still can't quite imagine. He was such a dork, y'know. Dork's aren't meant to die. He was supposed to be silly and immature, and not any good at writing love poems, not dead. Then Tank killed somebody, which I can imagine all too clearly. I was there, after all.

I was there, and I didn't stop any of it. I just made people hurt, broke some bones, made them suffer. I'm not smart and if I was, I would have stopped it all from happening. I'm certainly not a hero, like Tank thinks I am. No, I think I am just another weapon, like her. Maybe that's why she likes me, if she likes me, which might not be true, anyway."

To summarise, Glitch has decided that she is not clever or heroic, just dangerous. She's going to shift her danger back up, and her superior down.
    Last edited by Mr. E; 2017-11-10 at 10:32 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366

BlueKnightGuy

Glitch probably can't turn up to an official funeral, but I have some ideas for a private, 'team only', memorial thingy. I am going to get her to organise it, and put up an IC post to that effect, if that is alright?
    That might honestly be a good place for the team to be brought together at the end of the week? Like, we each post about what our characters do at the memorial, and use that as a frame to flash back to what we've been up to over the last week.

And I'll go ahead and make my legacy roll now, though if anyone else has a no vote my roll can always be adjusted.

I believe that both of the No votes from Zero Prime count, so I'm rolling +savior at a -2, for a total of +1. (2d6+1)[8]

On a hit, one of them offers you meaningful encouragement, an opportunity, or an advantage. On a 7-9, another is upset with your most recent actions, and will make their displeasure known.

I believe that applies mostly to the members of The Century, who it would be great to establish some details about.
    Last edited by Pyrite; 2017-11-11 at 12:18 AM.
    "We have to go and save the universe, you see," Said Ford, "And if that sounds like a pretty lame excuse, than you may be right. Either way, we're off."--Douglas Adams

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrite View Post
    That might honestly be a good place for the team to be brought together at the end of the week? Like, we each post about what our characters do at the memorial, and use that as a frame to flash back to what we've been up to over the last week.
    What I was going to do was to post it so Glitch arrived slightly early at the memorial site. That way, anyone who wanted their character to chat with mine one on one could, and there would be space for some other conversations to occur elsewhere. If I recall correctly, Cent's meeting up with Gravitas at some point in the week, but nobody else is doing anything? Then, once everyone had arrived, the actual memorial (which is going to be pretty casual), would occur, and hopefully that would bring the team back together. Does that sound reasonable?

Just waiting on approval by MC Malexia, to make sure she doesn't have other plans on how to start this session.

8. - Top - End - #368

Well, the issue started off with the team going to check on DarkPyre before headed to a training session. The training session was obviously derailed, but Chama would probably spend even more time this next week. At some point it would be good to get some one-on-one between Chama and Mestre Preguiça. Tank could get in on that, too. A trip to the museum might be called for, too, to see if we can turn up any leads on the Sword or the Stone.

9. - Top - End - #369

Mmk. Building my list a bit more.

-Glitch has obligations
    -Centurion and Gravitas have a meeting planned
    -Centurion will be offered an opportunity by a member of his legacy (I'm thinking a prior Centurion, not 20 though) and will be shown displeasure by another (maybe Moonlighter?)
    -The memorial for Brett, starting with Glitch and probably including all of the team (with the possible exception of Gravitas)
    -Chama (and possibly Tank) training
    -A trip to the museum

I want to save that museum trip for last, and I think the memorial might be a good thing to do at the end of the week, as the scene before the museum.

So... I'll start writing up the introduction to the next episode. We'll open with Centurion-Gravitas meeting, Chama training (and Tank invited), and Glitch dealing with some fallout from the time passing roll. Drake, I'm open to any ideas you have for what Solar Flare gets into.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

That depends on if I manage to get one more potential to earn an advancement for my character. I have a feeling that everyone is going to love it.

11. - Top - End - #371

The memorial might be a good time for Chama to dish out what he learned from Verazillix, which would serve as a natural segue to the museum. And then we're not dealing with wholly-avoidable information disparity.

12. - Top - End - #372

It's here! Welcome to Monday, the first set of scenes. There will probably be more small scenes throughout the week, leading up to Saturday morning and the private memorial.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Ok, so first for the Legacy Question which won't impact the result really.

You get a "Yes" for the first two questions, because Cent did his best. I don't think they're particularly proud of him.

My own End of Session Stuff:

Love: Still Glitch
    Rival: I'm going to switch that to Centurion
    +1 Potential which brings me up to 2
    Also, I missed a hit on a Comfort/Support roll from Cent. So I can either take another Potential or clear Guilty, so I'm gonna do the latter I think

Tank certainly has grown away from the Team, she considered leaving or wondered if she'd been kicked out. Only Glitch has influence over her, though the two have actually grown a bit closer together, so she get's to keep that I'd say.

Oh, also I took that Delinquent Move ("I don't care what you think!")

_____

Considering stuff for the week. Tank is going to have a chaperone pretty much 24/7 and she's mostly accepting it because Glitch supports that.
    She'll most likely avoid Cent and Solar Flare. Cent because she can't stand his (perceived) preaching. Solar Flare because she really can't deal with his Alien shenanigans now and he was unable to stop her once.
    She may confront Mestre because he didn't stop her either.
    She'll most likely seek out Glitch for some solace and Gravitas and or Chama to blow off some steam in some way or another (training, exercise, punching inanimate into dust)
    She may have called in sick for school.
    From August 22nd to August 28th I'm at GamesCom, so expect low activity and I'm not sure if I'll be able to post.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Orc in the Playground

Question for Sahe, when Maximus & Franka go out to blow off steam what do they do? I know we mentioned that some Humanity Now jack asses were getting in his face once when Franka punched one out, but I don't envision Maximus using his powers to blow off steam, he *knows* that they can be dangerous.

Industrial, Alternative Music scene? Mosh pits? Would Franka be willing to teach Maximus how to fight? Maybe they take a boxing class together?

Also, for Malexia, is there a roster of the League around? And Maximus would have reached out to them over the weekend to see what responsibilities would be involved in his accepting their offer, unless that's a scene you want to play though in the current episode.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Things I could see them doing.

Testing who is stronger.
    Tanks is incredibly strong and Gravitas can control gravity and thus make things heavier. So Tank would be very interested in doing various workouts in a high g environment with Grav.

Music/Partying:
    Yes, Tank is not into mainstream music. Underground clubs and bars are her thing for partying. She's also no stranger to alcohol and substance abuse (though getting buzzed or high is a bit of a challenge due to her healing blood).

Fighting:
    I could see that happening, though not in a formal boxing class. More a one-on-one thing somewhere where they won't be disturbed.
    From August 22nd to August 28th I'm at GamesCom, so expect low activity and I'm not sure if I'll be able to post.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Orc in the Playground

I kind of like the music & partying thing because again, the Nova's respect/fear of their powers is baked into their mind-set so blowing off steam when using their powers wouldn't be good for the local environment ...

Plus it could lead to all sorts of confusion both from teammates, and Max's mom. She thinks that a) Franka is Max's girlfriend ... and b) doesn't approve because she drags him to these raves where there are alcohol & drugs *gasp*

And maybe some sort of fight club scenario where Franka doesn't use her full strength & stuff, and Maximus doesn't use his powers resulting in bruises, which mom notices and does not like. I like the club thing, as it gives us more NPC's to interact with ...

Does that work for you?

17. - Top - End - #377

@Zero: Uh, I can make a roster. I haven't actually put much thought into the League's composition, but I should probably sketch that up since Gravitas will be interacting with them. Memory handles a lot of the administration, Megamax is the face, and I think there's like, four other primary members.

And I definitely think that could be a scene, maybe Gravitas's next scene after the meeting is over?

18. - Top - End - #378

BlueKnightGuy

Doing my best to justify that rivalry. I would not have imagined Centurion and Gravitas having this kind of antagonistic chemistry, but it seems to work out beautifully.

I hope it's OK to do a Pierce The Mask through a memory/flashback like this.
    "We have to go and save the universe, you see," Said Ford, "And if that sounds like a pretty lame excuse, than you may be right. Either way, we're off."--Douglas Adams

19. - Top - End - #379
    Orc in the Playground

Won't have seen In Character post until after dinner, just doing a grocery run at the moment. However, I want to get my Reject Influence check out of the way. As Centurion is my Rival, I get +1 to any check which frustrates him, rejecting his Influence seems to qualify. Therefore rolling at +1, [roll]2d6+1 [/roll].

Let's see how this plays out!

20. - Top - End - #380
    Orc in the Playground

Stupid phone post! (2d6+1)[10].

21. - Top - End - #381

@Zero Prime
    When you say fight club, do you just mean a back-alley one-on-one braw lbetween Gravitas and Tank, or like a full-blown underground competitive scene? Chama's involved in something like the latter, but I don't expect it to show up on-screen for quite awhile.

@Malexia
    Thanks, I'm glad you like the world-building! Having re-read some previous posts, I'd like to apologize to everybody as I work through some kinks in my writing style. I've never written anything like kung fu before, so trying to do kung fu while substituting a martial art that most people are unfamiliar with is a huge challenge, especially without writing essays on the culture and philosophy.

Spoiler: Michelle
    Show
    As for Michelle, I had some thoughts but I didn't want to present them if you had your own plans. Her apelido is Sombra (feminized from sombre, translated roughly as 'darkness' or 'shade') . It's not an uncommon apelido, because many practitioners have African ancestry. For Michelle's powers, I'm thinking of a riff on the stealth power from the Protege's list. When Michelle manifests her axé, it enhances her movements and she gets a dark glow. When Besouro/Preguiça uses his, a golden glow emanates from him, sort of like the gods in Disney's Hercules. When Michelle uses hers, shadows seem to cling to her like a sort of dark light, and she can appear places you don't expect her to be. She's in one part of your vision, but when you turn to get a better look, she's suddenly attacking from the other side. Maybe she can even appear on the other side of doors or walls and go unnoticed by electronic surveillance. It's not exactly phasing, not exactly teleportation. All of a sudden she's just...there.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

How would I describe Hayden's parents? For starters, even though they were both scientists, his father acted more like an explorer. They were both kind and caring, and patient.
    Hayden's father was a storyteller in a way. He would like to tell Hayden and his brothers stories about his adventures with much exaggerated detail. But Hayden and his brothers enjoyed the tales. It made their father look like a "superhero" to them.
    Hayden's mother can kind of come off as strict at times, but she means well. She is more cautious than Hayden's father, and is often concerned for the safety of her family, especially her children.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Though I find it weird that Hayden is suddenly getting a call from his parents, especially when they became separated after they escaped the destruction of their ship. Heck, Hayden doesn't even know how he got to Earth from where his family's ship was.
    With everything that has happened, he'd be excited to hear from his family, rather than dreading what they have to say.

Edit: Added more details about Hayden's mother.
    Last edited by Drakeburn; 2017-11-13 at 11:45 PM.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Sorry for not posting yet in the IC, University stuff I totally forgot about kinda kicked me in the ass an I had to pull some long nights to get it done.

24. - Top - End - #384

@Drake: I'll modify my initial post to reflect that.

25. - Top - End - #385

BlueKnightGuy

I figured I should throw up 21's impression of Nihilus to give Gravitas more to react to. Also, nice full success on resisting my influence. I kinda hoped I could give Gravitas some mundane, so he would have a chance at those 'pierce the mask' and 'comfort and support' rolls, but it makes sense that you've got to resist your rival.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

So Max & Franka went through a few rave's or what not on the weekend; any chance she opened up about *why* she needed to blow off steam? Can I make a Pierce the Mask check even though that scene has more or less played out, or maybe Malexia could let me know what I was able to glean, without making an actual check as I wouldn't want to retroactively apply Potential, or answer questions.

Let me know ...

27. - Top - End - #387

@Zero: I think Tank and Gravitas might get a scene later in the week, so you can try to gather info then.

28. - Top - End - #388

BlueKnightGuy

@Zero you can always do a flashback to when you would have made the check, like I just did with Nihilus.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Orc in the Playground

I am going to ask the question, can Pierce the Mask be used as an Investigation roll? For example, could we study the available clues, and make a roll to determine what her next move is? At first I thought assess the situation may work, but Pierce the Masks 1st question is; What are you planning, which seems the most appropriate.

So once we have Chama's info, and I do some digging in the League's database could I make a roll to try to figure out her next move?

30. - Top - End - #390

Right, I've decided on my advancement. I'm going to take a move from my playbook: Game Face. If push comes to shove, Glitch can really smash things up now.