New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diaspora Jig IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Diaspora Jig IC

"My mistake then, saw you two get tossed in here together. Figure that meant you were part of the same crew. Me...I remember making port...and then not much else. Until these bastards came and got me I thought I had just one hell of a hangover and got shoved into whatever passed for a brig. But it turns out I got picked up BY A BUNCH OF SLAVING TRASH!" Sobek looked over his should and waved to one of the guards.

"DID YA CATCH THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU!? I WANTED TO MAKE THAT CLEAR...THAT YOU ARE TRASH!" He ended that statement by hissing again.

"All right then 3X, names Sobek. Thanks for the heads up." Sobek tore off part of the rags he was wearing and wrapped it around his snout and mouth it was the best he could do. He then envisioned the wall as the boss of these bastards and started pounding into the stone wall, his muscles bulged as he vented his rage onto it. Stone flew as he attacked the wall with every bit of his might.

Spoiler: rolls?
    Show

Don't know if I should or have to roll for this. But thought it be fun.
    If it's a strength roll
    (1d20+3)[13] If it's an actual attack...just add Plus one.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Liane touches the elves slightly to bring some comfort and turns it into a slight pad on the back.
    "And you will again, we will. I promise. No giving up hope yet, OK. Our story has just begun, we are too young and handsome to rot here. So how about it? You lend me some help and show me some tricks on what we are supposed to do. I must confess I did not really pay much attention, silly me, and I will make sure you ain't gonna starve in here, deal?"
    Liane offers her hand.
    Last edited by Rebles; 2017-10-09 at 02:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    I'm sure someone will refute this with reference to some longsword maneuver in Altdeutsch that I've never heard of than cuts bodies or pierces legs, but I've been a Marine, a nationally rated fencer, a dabbler in rapier fighting and a medic. I feel qualified to make some broadly correct statements about trauma and wounds.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Cesca
    Show
    The man stirs as you inject him, and you note also the tell tale marks of needle usage on his arms. It takes several minutes for the drugs to war with the other chemicals in the man's body, but soon enough he's mumbling and shifting about on the floor. Despite your best efforts, however, the computer terminal in one of the cleaner corners of the 'med-bay' proves recalcitrant and does not give you access.

Spoiler: Sobek, Liane, 3X
    Show
    The guard stomps over, metal baton snapping out from his belt. He levels it at Sobek and 3X menacingly.

"Get back to work!"

Meanwhile, the elf Liane is speaking to seems on the verge of either laughter or sobs,
    but she nods to you.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Not now, thinks 3X. Lowering her heads she focus on digging in the wall and tries to get a crystal that could be useful to keep.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sobek gave a strong swipe and left his pick buried in the rock, with a twist he popped it out and turned towards the guard. He was smirking, "Awww, I angered the armed guard, wit mah words." He turned back and kept mining, despite the very powerful urge to smash his pick into the guards head and use him as a club on the others.

"It's almost like underneath that armor he's a coward or something." The Vesk took his left foot and pushed any shiny rocks he dug up towards 3X as he talked. Keeping the guard focused on his arms and mouth, he wasn't very book smart but Sobek was cunning. "You eat...sorry,
    meet people like that all the time. They talk big, but they got nothing to back it up with in a straight fight."

Sobek kept digging, a snickering laugh escaping him as he did. "Really these are the most pathetic bunch of maggots I've seen in some time." the Very large Vesk looked over his shoulder locking eyes with the guard. "Touch me that thing and I'll turn you into a hand puppet."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Dig a tunna dig dig a tunna
    (1d20+3)[12]

Intimidate
    (1d20+4)[7]

6. - Top - End - #66

ElfMonkGuy

Looking around Liane, for once not the attention of the guards, starts digging. What you don't want them to invite you personally.
    "You know, I've been wondering." Her pickax hitting the rock. "How long are we down here? Diggin' I mean." A little rock lands in her mouth and she spits it to the side. "And what are we digging for. Seriously, I really didn't pay attention earlier.."
    I'm sure someone will refute this with reference to some longsword maneuver in Altdeutsch that I've never heard of than cuts bodies or pierces legs, but I've been a Marine, a nationally rated fencer, a dabbler in rapier fighting and a medic. I feel qualified to make some broadly correct statements about trauma and wounds.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Show

Cesca speaks aloud, moving over in front of the man.

“Hello. Wake up. I have given you a medication to get rid of your drugs. Tell me what it is I am supposed to do here.”

Cesca reaches out with a clawed hand, shaking the man to add effect.
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-10-10 at 06:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Stitches lingers on the ground for nearly a minute, eyes screwed shut against the light, and frowning mightily. He finally opens them, and you see a pair of bloodshot,
    cloudy blue irises staring back. He pales for a moment, then flushes red, and let's out a small squeak of laughter. When he finally does speak, it's in a crisp, fluid common delivered at a lazy pace.

"Bes's tits, you're ugly. Thanks I suppose. Ugh. Help me up. I take it you're my new assistant? Good."

He smirks up at you and reaches out a hand.

Spoiler: Sobek, Liane, 3X
    Show
    After what feels like an entire solar revolution of labor, a horn finally sounds, and a collective sigh of relief mixed here and there with defeat rustles from the collective lungs of the slave laborers. Wearily, they shoulder their tools and begin a slow trek upward out of the mines, some with satchels of glowing, white crystals. Some with nothing. A guard at the back of the line of misery hurls shouts and abuse to everyone, commanding them to fall in line.

As you clear the long, sloping tunnel, you see that a queue is forming next to what appears to be a large, aluminum cylinder that seems suspiciously well guarded.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sobek makes a point of raising his middle claw tipped finger to the guards as he passes. But otherwise remains mostly silent until he sees the line. He leans down to whisper to 3X. "Oi, you get enough of these gems?"

10. - Top - End - #70

ElfMonkGuy

Liane shoulders her gems and looks over to the elf. You always liked the miserable sots of the world didn't you? Makes you feel better about whatever situation you are in at the moment.
    "Hey, come over there are my friends, well if you want to call them that, honestly I spend more time talking with you." No no, at you, get it right. "But they seem competent and it is always better to have friends."
    Liane walks up to the two people and greets them maybe a bit to cheerful. "Hey how did you two do, ... wait you ain't Anry. Liane my name, but while we are in this predicament I would prefer you call me either Jessy or mouthy bitch your choice really. Just to be careful, I mean you never know, you know." And she reaches her hand out to greet Sobek.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

3X looked at the meager number of crystals she had been able to found, together with the extra ones that Sobek had given here. Looking at Sobek she said I'm not certain about the size of the required quota, but thanks for your help in any case.

Her sustenance was at stake, but the risk was still worth it. She checked her satchel trying to identify the best looking crystal and tried to hid it in her arm compartment. Hopefully, this was the first step in building a weapon to get revenge on these bastard slavers.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sobek blinked a few times at Liane's...unique speech pattern. After a moment he took her hand and shook it. "Sobek."

13. - Top - End - #73

ElfMonkGuy

"Nice to meet you Sobek. I hope you will excuse my lack of extensive celebration as I am somewhat exerted and.. " Liane shakes her head and when she continues her voice turns from her energetic self to a deeper much more somber tone "Sorry, I'm just.. I'm done." she takes a deep breath. "Do we have enough?" she asks holding out her sack of crystals.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: 3x, Liane, Sobek
    Show
    With little in the way of a metric to go on, it's hard to say how much enough would be. Between the three of you, it appears you've averaged a kilogram a piece, with Sobek having acquired the most, possibly even the most of this day's shift.

As the line shuffles forward, you begin to hear a bizarre cadence to this sad affair. A prodigiously fat half-orc gesticulates as it speaks, cajoles as it counts out each gram of harvested mineral,
    and then shouts a number. Two short scrapes of metal, a wet plop, and the line shuffles forward again. You see other slaves holding small plates as they leave, with some kind foul smelling brown blob on it. The fat orc-kin bellows at Sobek.

"Next! You! Vesk! Next!"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Stay focused on getting revenge. Imagine stabbing....that guy." Sobek pointed to a random guard. "In the face with a fork. It'll give you strength when you need it." Sobek...tries to smile at Liane, however he's a Vesk so...it kinda comes off like a shark smirking to a Minnow who swam to far out.

When the corpulent Half-Breed calls out to him. Sobek looks behind himself and to his left and right, then points to himself and shrugs. The Large muscled Vesk saunters up and drops his bag onto the Orc's table. "Didn't know you could get that fat eating ****."

16. - Top - End - #76

Beholder

Cesca cocked his head to the side.

“And what exactly am I assisting you with, aside from maintaining some measure of sobriety?”

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    The man comes unsteadily to his feet and gives a dry chuckle.
    "My good man, that is almost certainly why you have been press-ganged into the service of our illustrious captain, the great and terrible Teegan Wrathhammer."

His words drip with scorn as he stretches the kinks from his joints. You note that despite his advanced age and obvious abuse of drugs, he seems fairly whole. Your knowledge of human physiology would suggest that this should not be possible.

"In more salient terms, you're here to help distribute the load. Our captain has decided he'd like to do a hiring push, and the more bodies we add into this," He waves his hands into the air, gesturing around at the station. "Meat-grinder, the harder it is to put them all back together in accordance to schedule and make the quota of pharmaceuticals and other various and sundry elixirs of vice he requires. Let us hope for both our sakes you're adept at one or the other."

He pats his pockets and looks around.

"Damn. I've misplaced my glasses again. What time is it?"

Spoiler: 3X, Liane, Sobek
    Show
    The prodigious orc gives an ugly chortle as he sorts through your pile with overly fat fingers, the laughter sending ripples through his considerable bulk. Next to him you see a large metal platter, upon which is piled various meats, sweets, and the occasional vegetable. Real food. The first you've seen in days.

"Ha-hahaha! You can't, it's why Oi'm fat and you lot is skinny as rails!" He barks another laugh, sending saliva and food from his ever-chewing craw outward. "Ooo, lookit here, we've gotta a productive member of tha team!
    Give 'em a four!"

The fat half orc slides a mostly dirt metal plate toward the end of the table, toward the large, beaten, metal cylinder.

There's a metallic scrape as a human guard yanks open a hatch at the bottom and a cylinder of brown, gelatinous mush begins to be extruded. It gets to be a few inches long and the guard wrenches the hatch shut, pinching off the cylinder and letting fall the short distance to the plate, where it slaps wetly.

"Neeeext!"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

3X steps forward

19. - Top - End - #79

Beholder

Show

“I do not know. I don’t have a communicator to check, either. If you could get me one with a decent medical reference and access to a network, it would make this work much easier. I take it this place refines drugs? Narcotics by the look of it. What delivery system? Intravenous, inhalation, digestive?”
    Last edited by EarthenRite; 2017-10-21 at 12:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Sobek, 3X, Liane
    Show
    The ponderously fat half-ork chortles as you up end your sack of stones onto the table, though his smile dims slightly as he paws through your offering.

"Wha's this? Huh? You ain't work hard enough? You ain't holdin' nothin' back? Ha! Like hell!"

The guards around him snap their attention to you and more than one hand shifts down to their stun guns and batons.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sobek hadn't moved completely away yet, Rather he was engrossed with staring at the 'food' that was doing an uncanny impression of...something else. He was sensing a fight brewing. It made his claws twitch. The Android wouldn't do well if they dog piled on em. That said while Sobek wasn't the smartest guy, he could still count. Even with his bulk neither of them stood much of a chance.

All that said, Sobek eyed the closest guard. If they took another step towards the Android. He'd strike, slam the plate of 'food' into their face? Maybe...no. Grapple them and get hold of a weapon, yeah that sounded good.

Spoiler
    Show

Reading an action to Grapple the nearest Guard if things turn violent.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Using her best emotionless android face, 3X mumbled "What? sorry, is this amount insufficient?"