New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Commanding an elder brain

I have been playing around with a Arcane Caster with the illithid bloodline and kin Mastery feats. But what I really want to do is figure out how to use commanding/ rebuking to gain control of an elder brain. Ideally by level 15.

Perhaps there is an alternative route?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Commanding an elder brain

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    I have been playing around with a Arcane Caster with the illithid bloodline and kin Mastery feats. But what I really want to do is figure out how to use commanding/ rebuking to gain control of an elder brain. Ideally by level 15.

Perhaps there is an alternative route?
    that is not a thing you can do.

you're probably better off tanking its saves and using normal mind control methods. what chassis are you using?
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

The best I can do is suggest you talk to your DM about a custom spell, or Domain, that is a variant on the various "rebuke elementals" "rebuke plants" "rebuke constructs" options.

To be fair though, Elder Brains control entire communities of Illithids. If you're successful, you're probably secretly the BBEG.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Not exactly Command/Rebuke, but the Repel Aberration feat kind of works like this. A Druid 15 with pumped up Charisma and bonuses to Charisma checks (Admiral's Bicorne etc.) might be able to do it. Even if it doesn't the mental image of a hippie druid in a pirates hat giving a stern telling off to a giant brain is pretty hilarious, IMHO.

A Keeper of the Cerulean Sign 10 can Cleanse Aberration (which kind of/sort of works like destroying Undead), but again, not what OP is looking for.

If you're looking to dominate it with magic, put all the SR penetration and DC boosters on it that you can.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Charletan PrC from Dragon Magazine has the ability to make others think they are under the effect of a spell, for a while, at DM discretion.

Could a boosted Bluff Check (and I guess Mind Blank and such) allow a PC to make the Elder Brain think it's been Dominated?