New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Revolution IV: The Second Party- Night Six

Revolution IV: The Second Party

Narrated by Akaziel and Co-Narrated by Khaldan

Y'all live in Ravetopia, where the booze is free and the party is plenty. Years ago the Technotopia Dance Consortium went up and booted out the Technophiles that took the party away from us! In essence, more party! Long Live Ravetopia!

Recently, rumors have been spreading that some agitator weirdos are trying to take the party away from us again, so you have to DO YOUR DUTY and save Ravetopia!

Basic Rules: Read if you've never played a Werewolf/WW-style variant:

Spoiler
    Show

What's a Werewolf(or other Variant) game?

Simply put, Werewolf games are games in which a group of (insert bad guy here) try to take over/conquer/destroy a society, and the (insert group of good guys here) try to stop it and eliminate the threat.

What are Werewolves?

They're the 'bad guys'. Their job is to eliminate enough 'good guys' to make the numbers equal.

How do you play?

You sign up, get a role, then follow the instructions on the role thing to see any role specifics. The game is separated into Day and Night. During the Day, everyone votes on who they think is a Werewolf, and during the Night, everyone who has a special role(Seer, Devil, Wolves, Baner) can use that role-specific skill.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Villager'.

Villagers are the local populace. Their job is to eliminate the threat by lynch-vote.

What's lynch-vote?

During the Day, all the players vote on who they think is a Werewolf. Obviously, the Werewolves try to lie their way out of this.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Mason' and a list of other people.

Masons are a group of villagers that know each other as Masons and not as Werewolves. Otherwise, just regular Villagers.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Seer'.

The Seer is a villager who has the power of Third Sight. He/She can scry someone every night to see if they're a Werewolf or not by sending the name of someone he/she suspects of being a Werewolf to the Narrator.

Additionally, there's the Fool, who's told he's the Seer, but isn't. He/She can scry, but gets wrong results.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Baner'.

The Baner has the ability to guard someone from Werewolf attacks every night. He/She can protect him/herself, but that's kinda selfish and mean.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Werewolf'.

Werewolves are villagers who hide among them, seeking prey. Their job is to stay alive and to kill as many villagers as possible. Every night, the Werewolves send out a kill to the narrator.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Devil'.

The Devil is basically the Werewolf Seer. He/she can scry someone every night in the same manner as the Seer/Fool.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Alpha'.

The Alpha is the leader of the pack of Werewolves. He/she is no different than any other Werewolf, except for the fact that when scried, is shown as a Villager.

What next?

Read the other set of rules.

Basic Rules: Read if totally new to Revolution:

Spoiler
    Show

What's new in Revolution?

Revolution has four enemy groups, instead of one, and the Citizens have to take them all out. The enemy groups (called Agitators) have to kill the other Agitator groups, and have to equal the ratio of Citizen to Group to win. Citizens and Agitators can also incite Revolutions to make lynches faster. Also, keep in mind that the Citizens don't have a Seer/Baner.

What are Revolutions?

Revolutions are something like protests, to change the government and society. Anyone can incite a Revolution, at any time during the day. These Revolutions can be about anything, like it says above. You can either support the Revolution, rally against it(creating an Anti-Revolution), or staying silent. When either Revolution/Anti-Revolution wins, everyone who rallied against it/remained silent is killed.

Is there an auto-lynch rule?

No, there's none. But you get 'auto-lynched' in a way if you don't say anything during a Revolution.

The Original Set of Revolution Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

1) Everyone is a neutral citizen unless they're not.
    2) There are several small groups of agitators. Each have their own agenda.
    3) The game is over when there are no agitators remaining (citizens win), or a revolution is won in the name of one of the groups of agitators and there are no opposing agitators left alive (that group wins, as well as any surviving citizens).
    4) Each day citizens can CHOOSE to lynch someone on the grounds that they are an agitator disturbing the peace. As a democratic society more than a third of the population must vote to lynch the person for them to be lynched. The person with the most votes gets lynched.
    5) You can only make one lynch nomination or vote.
    6) Each day anyone can declare a revolution. There must be a cause or principle behind the revolution, and it DOESN'T have to be one of the ones the agitators are agitating for. It can be anything.
    7) There will be no lynchings if there is at least one revolution.
    8) Each person can either support a revolution, support the status quo, or stay out of it (NOT RECOMMENDED).
    9) When a revolution succeeds, anyone who opposed it or did not assist it is put to death. When a revolution fails, anyone who supported it or did not assist in putting it down is put to death. Hence anyone who changed sides or stayed out of it dies. IC this is to ensure a stable new society where everyone is guaranteed to share the same ideals because they put their life on the line for them. OOC this will weed out inactives. OOC if you notify the GM that you will be inactive for a good reason then IC you will be considered to have been ill at the time and so be spared as having a good excuse for not joining the winning side.
    10) Each night, each group of agitators may CHOOSE to assassinate someone they believe is a member of an opposing agitatory group.
    11) Each night, an agitator spy may investigate the quarters of one other person to try and determine their role in the game.
    12) Citizens win by being alive at the end.
    13) Citizens may choose to join a group of agitators by swearing blood oaths, or other such rituals, at which point they become an agitator. See notes on recruitment below.

Recruitment
    =========

Agitators may NOT pretend to join other groups of agitators. Agitators may secretly approach citizens by PMing roleplay actions to the narrator(s), e.g. that they are going to leave notes where such and such a player will find them. That player will then have to provide the narrator(s) with role-play PMs as to their response/actions. The person you attempt to recruit can choose not to join you. Also it's also not a one stop shop - it may take several PMs to negotiate/persuade someone to join you.

You can send such PMs at any time - even directly if you wish to take the risk. Once I get a PM from the target saying they wish to join you, and a PM from you saying you wish to recruit them, I will send PMs to declare whether the person is in fact valid to join you and making it all formal and tidy, with a nice description fo the ritual in which everyone unmasks and knows who everyone else is. If an enemy agitator does attempt to infiltrate another group, this ritual will undoubtedly result in their status/role becoming known and them being executed.

None of this interferes with any other actions in the game. You still get your spy and kill actions as before.

To aid in this game being more GM autonomous:

A) People who nominate lynching victims (or the victims) may automatically write an appropriate lynching post when the vote hits 50%.

B) Anyone who initiates a successful revolution may, if everyone has made clear their position, or the announced end of day has arrived, post a successful end of revolution including lining up all the losers against a wall and shooting them.

C) Agitators may choose to PM their victim. Victims please be honourable and just post a suitable death scene. Once you get that PM do NOT reveal the sender to anyone in the game.

Past Revolution Games

Some changes:
    (credits to XF for posting this somewhere)
    The Revolution is declared anonymously by PMing the narrator, who will then place the notice in the thread. After the Revolution is resolved, it is revealed who the originator, supporters, and detractors were.

The supporters or opposers of the Revolution send in PMs to the narrator with their opinion regarding it.

The Revolution leader gets some benefit from starting the Revolution, which he chooses from a list when he starts the Revolution. Ideas for the benefits would be his vote counts as double for all future points, he gains one use of protection the next night, he is given the power to scry someone the next night, etc.

The revolution leader, if another revolution is started, will die if the revolution is successful, whether he supports it or not.- Rule Updated, see Khaldan Rule 2.

Also, some more changes, as suggested by Khaldan.

An agitator group can only revolt once. This means that if a member of an agitator group starts a Revolution, the others(and all future recruits) can't do so anymore. This is so that a large group of agitators can't keep revolting over and over.

When a Revolution is successful, the revolt leader will automatically support the anti-revolution the next time someone declares a Revolution.

Roles
    ========

Citizen- You are a free-spirited, party-loving citizen of Ravetopia! You like partying, so you hate anyone who tries to make you do otherwise. You all gather and take out those who want to take away the party.

The Ravetopia Correction Agency(Moralisers)- Ravetopia has gone beyond help and is in need of full restoration and correction by correcting each citizen individually. Your duty is to correct anyone who gets in the way of your Mission. The RCA has the Manager, and he/she can look through someone's files and identify the type of correction they need.

Partyphobics Anonymous (Anachronists)- You fear and loathe(not in Las Vegas) partying, technology, and strictness. It's your duty to set an example for the party-loving citizens of Ravetopia and make them see it your way by force. The PA have the Sponsor, a recovering party-holic who knows everyone in the city by heart. Unfortunately, he only remembers names and roles while drunk, and while drunk, he can only utter gibberish, and probably a name or two. Every night, that is.

Ravetopian Institute of Science and Technology (Technophiles)- You all miss The Computer and the old technological utopia you used to live in. You've gotta bring tech back, as well as techno music, none of this 'Rock-n-roll' crap! The RIST has the Instructor, and can use his/her l33t skillz to hack into the file of a citizen.

Audiophilic Order of Awesome Partying(Partyniks)- You feel that the new Ravetopia is too strict, and you want to show everyone your new way to party! Unfortunately, the folks at the Ravetopian Government are too old-fashioned to see it your way, so you've gotta show it to them by taking over Ravetopia! The Audiophilic Order has the Head DJ, someone who knows how to draw out someone's inner personality with a special brand of music he/she calls 'Scry Rock'.

Players So Far: 21

Raiser B1ade
    pingcode20
    Castaras
    banjo1985
    Fleeing Coward (definitely not not the Moraliser spy.)
    Zar Peter
    DLD
    Krursk
    Korias
    Neodan282
    hellbunny
    PirateMonk
    Crystall_Myr
    Jontom Xire
    Helgraf
    Darian
    Atreyu the Masked LLama
    Pwenet
    Bookboy
    Bassetking
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Rejakor (forgot to add him)
    Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-09-08 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Updating Player List
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Revolution IV: The Second Party

i wanna play
    Spoiler
    Show

Look upon the Goddess and rejoice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespe Ratavo View Post
    Curly, . . . you are not only made of epic win and not fail, but you are officially the greatest shipper of all time
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Mr. Scruffy is all knowing; he doesn't believe in squid bones, so neither should you!
    Bathatars!Blog!

3. - Top - End - #3

Definitely in.

4. - Top - End - #4

In and I am most certainly not the Moraliser spy so don't kill me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

5. - Top - End - #5

In! And I hope I understand the rules sometime.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

In .
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm in, though the rules confuse the hell outta me, hopefully it will all become clear!

Edit - The post below clears it up quite a bit, thanks! I am definitely in...
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2007-08-13 at 05:53 AM.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Right, for all the newcomers, and for those who don't understand the rules very well, here's something I made.

The Basics:

Read if you've never played a WW or WW-variant game ever.
    Spoiler
    Show

What's a Werewolf(or other Variant) game?

Simply put, Werewolf games are games in which a group of (insert bad guy here) try to take over/conquer/destroy a society, and the (insert group of good guys here) try to stop it and eliminate the threat.

What are Werewolves?

They're the 'bad guys'. Their job is to eliminate enough 'good guys' to make the numbers equal.

How do you play?

You sign up, get a role, then follow the instructions on the role thing to see any role specifics. The game is separated into Day and Night. During the Day, everyone votes on who they think is a Werewolf, and during the Night, everyone who has a special role(Seer, Devil, Wolves, Baner) can use that role-specific skill.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Villager'.

Villagers are the local populace. Their job is to eliminate the threat by lynch-vote.

What's lynch-vote?

During the Day, all the players vote on who they think is a Werewolf. Obviously, the Werewolves try to lie their way out of this.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Mason' and a list of other people.

Masons are a group of villagers that know each other as Masons and not as Werewolves. Otherwise, just regular Villagers.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Seer'.

The Seer is a villager who has the power of Third Sight. He/She can scry someone every night to see if they're a Werewolf or not by sending the name of someone he/she suspects of being a Werewolf to the Narrator.

Additionally, there's the Fool, who's told he's the Seer, but isn't. He/She can scry, but gets wrong results.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Baner'.

The Baner has the ability to guard someone from Werewolf attacks every night. He/She can protect him/herself, but that's kinda selfish and mean.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Werewolf'.

Werewolves are villagers who hide among them, seeking prey. Their job is to stay alive and to kill as many villagers as possible. Every night, the Werewolves send out a kill to the narrator.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Devil'.

The Devil is basically the Werewolf Seer. He/she can scry someone every night in the same manner as the Seer/Fool.

Mine has no instructions. It says 'Alpha'.

The Alpha is the leader of the pack of Werewolves. He/she is no different than any other Werewolf, except for the fact that when scried, is shown as a Villager.

What next?

Read the other set of rules.

Read if you've played Werewolf before, but not Revolution:
    Spoiler
    Show

What's new in Revolution?

Revolution has four enemy groups, instead of one, and the Citizens have to take them all out. The enemy groups (called Agitators) have to kill the other Agitator groups, and have to equal the ratio of Citizen to Group to win. Citizens and Agitators can also incite Revolutions to make lynches faster. Also, keep in mind that the Citizens don't have a Seer/Baner.

What are Revolutions?

Revolutions are something like protests, to change the government and society. Anyone can incite a Revolution, at any time during the day. These Revolutions can be about anything, like it says above. You can either support the Revolution, rally against it(creating an Anti-Revolution), or staying silent. When either Revolution/Anti-Revolution wins, everyone who rallied against it/remained silent is killed.

Is there an auto-lynch rule?

No, there's none. But you get 'auto-lynched' in a way if you don't say anything during a Revolution.

Read if you've played Revolution AND Werewolf:

Spoiler
    Show
    I prepared Explosive Runes this Morning
    Last edited by Akaziel; 2007-08-13 at 07:48 AM.
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

9. - Top - End - #9

In. Um... Long live Izanagi?
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

10. - Top - End - #10

*Reads Third Box*

*Gets Blown Up*

Also, Xykon_Fan posted some suggestions to change the Revolution mechanic in the Werewolf Central thread a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    I've been thinking. The main problem with starting a revolution in Revolution is it basically only clears inactives, since once three people are on the revolution, everyone joins. It gets about 2-3 people killed, but everyone else is fine since they just joined up for no reason.

I would suggest one or more of these changes:

The revolution is declared anonymously by PMing the narrator, who will then place the notice in the thread. After the revolution is resolved, it is revealed who the originator, supporters, and detractors were.

The supporters or opposers of the revolution send in PMs to the narrator with their opinion regarding it.

The revolution leader gets some benefit from starting the revolution, which he chooses from a list when he starts the revolution. Ideas for the benefits would be his vote counts as double for all future points, he gains one use of protection the next night, he is given the power to scry someone the next night, etc.

The revolution leader, if another revolution is started, will die if the revolution is successful, whether he supports it or not.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cool idea. I'm putting that in, too.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm in. Might become an agitator too. *hopes*
    New Avatar! Credit and thanks to the amazing Strawberries

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Huh? Guys! How did Ravetopia comeback! I thought we abolished that back in Round 2!

Well, Sign me up.
    Last edited by Korias; 2007-08-13 at 06:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

I'll Try it.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Are you still recruiting? I think I might like to get in on this game if you need more.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

We need more players, actually.

17. - Top - End - #17

I'll join. I'm only in 3 WW games so far...
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you surmise it's wise to have laser beams emitting from your eyes?
    -They Might Be Giants, "The Lady and the Tiger"

18. - Top - End - #18

PM, I'm in 4 with a co-narration. I laugh at your 3 games.

PM to akaziel, will PM alarra if this is not moved by wednesday

I AM the dread pirate llamarts.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I've PM'd Alarra. Hopefully the thread will be moved soon.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Revolution IV: The Second Party (Recruiting)

Yay! In! Filler space!
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once again, I must repeat the fact that we need more players. We'd like at least 25 players, so tell your friends. Or just tell others.

22. - Top - End - #22

I've been waiting for this for ages.

Most definitely IN!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

23. - Top - End - #23

Sure, I'm up for another quick death. Sign me up.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

24. - Top - End - #24

Wow - I just figured out what Paranoia actually is. That explains a lot about the behaviour of the technophiles in II.
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2007-08-15 at 07:07 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm in.

But be gentle... it's my first time (playing a WW on the internets).

Paranoia? I didn't think Revolution used paranoia rules; don't all members of a given group begin the game knowing each other?

26. - Top - End - #26

Darian: Yes, they do. But in Revolution II, the technophiles used the Computer from Paranoia as a cover for their acts. Mainly, we followed the Computer without question, which led to the Computer ruling Revolution III.

27. - Top - End - #27

I'll play, but I'll be busy during this time. You've been warned. I'd keep me away from agitator spots.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

28. - Top - End - #28

OldWizardGuy

I'll toss my hat into this one.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

I'm in! I survived the last one. Well, I got killed while at summer camp, but then I got ressurected, and everything was the same.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

After being on the Winning side of the last Revolution, I'd love to get back into this one.