New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Lazarus Gambit | 5e D&D | IC Thread

Garrik Relarruan, The Oathbreaker
    Level 20 Oathbreaker Paladin | HP: 181/181 | AC: 21

Smiling to no one in particular, Garrik takes a moment to cast Shield of Faith on himself (+2 to AC) and then readies himself to manifest his Dreadful Aspect once he actually finds Hogarth. He tells the Nightmare to stay put and he starts his march across the open space.

Spoiler: Dreadful Aspect
    Show
    As an action, the Paladin channels the darkest emotions and focuses them in a burst of magical menace. Each creature of the Paladins choice within 30' must make a Wisdom saving throw. Fail = frightened for 1 minute. DC 19

I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 4/4 | HP: 105/105

Zuknar stoically took the blows, three arrow firing into his chest and burning him with the cold they produced. His head went down to look at them, then back up at the elf. "You didn't kill me, pointy-ears. That was a mistake." His axe heaved up in front of him, passing very closely to his body, breaking the ends of the arrows off. And as the axe came up, both hands clasped the axe and sent it flying towards the elf. However, the axe wasn't flying straight at the elf. Instead it slammed into the roof just shy of where the elf was standing, sending the wood and singles everywhere and creating a hole in which the elf would hopefully fall into.

Zuknar then wasted no time running into whatever building it is, axe back in his hands, and finding the elf and attacking him again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, so I am aiming for the roof, which is an object, and autocrits with my axe if I hit. Hopefully sending the elf falling into the building he is standing on.

(1d20+12)[23], Damage - Putting crit in here already since if I hit the roof it autocrits: (5d12+11)[42] + (2d6)[4] magical damage
    I get healed for (1d6)[6] HP

Move - 40ft to as close to the elf as I can possibly get. If he ends up falling to the building, I will get as close to him as I can. If I can't get next to him I will throw my axe at him. But my goal is to get right next to him while he is prone on the floor.

Spoiler: If I get next to him
    Show

I will get advantage if he is prone on the floor:
    2 - (1d20+12)[25] or (1d20+12)[20], Damage - (1d12+11)[17] + (1d6)[1] magical
    Gain (1d6)[1] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[29] + (1d6)[2] magical

Bonus - If either of those hit, Attack
    (1d20+12)[30] or (1d20+12)[29], Damage - (1d12+11)[19] + (1d6)[3] magical
    Gain (1d6)[2] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[33] + (1d6)[5] magical

Spoiler: If I don't get next to him, just near him
    Show

2 - (1d20+12)[16], Damage - (1d12+11)[22] + (1d6)[2] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[23] + (1d6)[5] magical

My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

3. - Top - End - #483
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deglan
    You peer into the darkness and make out two gleaming eyes at about knee height...
    ... make that chest height...
    ...sorry, eye level...
    ... as you raise your head to follow the eyes up, you feel a hot, wet breath on your neck.

Clever girl.

Spoiler: Sneak Attack!
    Show
    (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d20+6)[24]

Hit:
    (3d6+6)[18] piercing damage and make a DC 15 saving throw. Fail and fall over.

Initiative
    Deglan
    Clever Girl 1
    Clever Girl 2

Garrik
    Already unnerved by the attack on the town, it doesn't take much for the guards to bottle it and flee! By the time you reach the Compound, the doors are swinging open on their hinges.

The inside of the Compound is essentially a large courtyard bordered by stout wood-on-stone walls. Inside the courtyard are three buildings.

A garrison of some kind (now empty), a stable full of panicking horses and a solid stone two-storied structure. In front of the doors are four guards, the last of them.

Three are human, the largest, clearly the leader, is a minotaur who guards the door with a formidable cudgel. They watch you warily as you approach, but make no move against you.

Zuknar
    You hurl your axe and it smashes the eaves to pieces! Tiles rain down upon the street and the elf leaps for safety, grabbing the wall of the building and trying to regain his footing.

But you don't want to give him the chance! You throw your axe again, but it goes wide! Your faithful axe returns just in time as the militia attack! Three move in, swords drawn, while the other two clamber on an upturned cart and fire their crossbows.

Spoiler: Guards!
    Show

Melee Fighters
    (d20+3)[19]
    (d20+3)[19]
    (d20+3)[19]

Hits:
    (1d8+1)[3]
    (1d8+1)[4]
    (1d8+1)[9]

Range Fighters
    (d20+4)[16]
    (d20+4)[9]

Hits:
    (1d8+2)[6]
    (1d8+2)[8]

"You missed! That missing eye might make you look scary, but it's clearly throwing off your aim." The elf leaps clean across the street to a less destroyed roof and fires off two more arrows.

Spoiler: Pew Pew with Advantage
    Show

(d20+12)[29]
    (d20+12)[24]

(d20+12)[30]
    (d20+12)[22]

Hit:
    (d8+8)[14] plus (d6)[4] cold
    (d8+8)[10] plus (d6)[2] cold
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 70/105

Zuknar gets hit with more arrows and now he's really mad. He makes some attacks on the guards in front of him then rushes into the building that the elf is standing on top of at the moment. "Do not worry, elf, the next time I hit you I will not miss."

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, going to takes some swipes, just looking for hits, but if I can kill one or all of them with these attacks, awesome.

Attacks

1 - (1d20+12)[25], Damage - (1d12+11)[23] + (1d6)[3] magical
    Gain (1d6)[5] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[17] + (1d6)[4] magical
    2 - (1d20+12)[20], Damage - (1d12+11)[20] + (1d6)[3] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[16] + (1d6)[2] magical

(1d20+12)[20], Damage - (1d12+11)[23] + (1d6)[4] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[33] + (1d6)[2] magical

Move - Going to move as far into the build as I am able to, getting cover, and going up!

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik smiles at the guards, this time exaggerating the gesture so they can see it. "I have no issue with you gentlemen. I am only here for Hogarth. If you really think he and what he pays you is worth your life then make ready to die." He pauses for effect and to let them know his is very serious. "If not then I would suggest fleeing away from the city." Drawing his sword in case they find their honor and decide to fight.

Spoiler: Intimidate
    Show
    (1d20+11)[31]

Last edited by Lioslaith; 2018-03-22 at 02:24 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 9 Swashbuckler | HP: 31/49 | AC: 15 | PP: 22

Deglan feels the sting of a bite as whatever is behind him chomps on his upper back. He quickly shakes off the beast and turns around to face it with the tips of his blade. Finally able to face an opponent one on one Deglan flicks his wrist aiming for the most vital spots on the beast.

If the creature is able to withstand the puncture wounds, Deglan then makes a run for it outside of the warehouse. He reaches out to his First Mate with his mind, immediately ordering a Fireball strike down onto the warehouse.

Spoiler: Round 1 OOC
    Show
    Learning from my multiple past mistakes and not rolling in the OOC thread.
    Dex save against prone: (1d20+9)[22] vs. DC 15
    Baring not going prone my actions will proceed as follows:

Attack Action: Scimitar (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+5)[11] Piercing Damage.
    Sneak Attack: (5d6)[24] Piercing Damage. - This is due to no other creatures within 5 ft. of me
    If Crit: an extra (6d6)[24] Piercing Damage

*If that doesn't drop the creature then Deglan will make a break for the doors and get outside. If it does drop it then I'll write up another post and go to attack the other. Figured I might as well stay and fight if I can kill them fairly quickly. I just don't expect I will.*

•Fancy Footwork• - Melee attack causes opponent to lose opportunity attacks against me till end of turn

Movement: Move 30 feet towards as far towards the exit and out of the warehouse as I can.
    Free Action: Order the Fireball Strike on the warehouse.
    Bonus Action - Dash: Move another 30 ft away from the warehouse.

Last edited by Relkin; 2018-03-23 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Decided if I drop the first with one hit then I'll stay and fight for the second
    Games I DM
    War of the Heavens: IC OOC - Map

Games I Play In
    The Godkiller's Will: IC OOC DOC - Raistlin - Master of Lore

7. - Top - End - #487
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deglan
    You run out of the warehouse as the ship turns slowly and takes aim. Two huge slavering dog-like creatures the size of horses, with matted fur and six legs, burst out of the warehouse door and close in on you.

The ship fires...

Spoiler: BOOM!
    Show
    Alrighty, 6d6 fire per barrel, 40 barrels of oil...
    (240d6)[825]

Make a fortitude saving throw.

Garrik
    The guards nod hurridly and run for it, leaving the door undefended. You march up to it and find that it is locked. Sighing, you put your shoulder to it, intent on smashing it down. Suddenly, there is a collossal explosion! Your ears ring and the ground shakes as the docks burst into flames. Rubble and debris rain down on the town. You notice one such heap of debris descend on the Compound.

Grinning, you step neatly aside and a huge smoldering shape smashes through the doors! As the dust settles, you see inside a six-legged dog creature. It staggers, then collapses over, dead. You enter the hall of the Mayor, but it is deserted. There is a stone stairway leading up on the left and down on the right. There is also an internal door behind the wooden throne at the far end of the 50ft long hall.

Zuknar
    You kill the three militiamen with little regard and smash through the front foor. Crossbow bolts thud into the doorframe as you go. This is a small house with a basic layout. Taking the stairs two at a time, you make it to the second floor.

Suddenly, the ground shakes with an explosion and you hear distant screaming. Then, you hear a thud beneath your feet and the floor starts to sag... the house begins to collapse!
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

8. - Top - End - #488

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 9 Swashbuckler | HP: 31/49 | AC: 15 | PP: 22

Deglan runs as far and as fast as he can from the warehouse. He hears the echoing boom from his ship letting loose a cannon and looks back to see the two creatures attempt to stumble out as the cannonball crashes into the storage facility. What follows is one of the most brilliant and beautiful explosions the Dread Pirate has ever seen. A multitude of explosions begin to cascade off of each other, sending debris and smoke flying everywhere. He is quickly enveloped and remembers to cover his mouth and stop laughing at the sight. Was he quick enough though....

Spoiler: Consitution save OOC
    Show
    Fingers crossed!
    Constitution Save: (1d20+2)[7]
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sighing as the opportunity to surprise Hogarth seems to have slipped away Garrik whistles for his Nightmare to move up before he steps inside yelling for the mayor. "HOGARTH! ... HOGARTH TENEBRIS!! YOUR SAVIOR IS HERE! HURRY BEFORE THEY GET HERE!"

If there is no response, he will start his search upstairs first.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2018-03-23 at 10:02 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 82/105

Zuknar bends his knees and moves with the shaking of the house. He can only imagine that Deglan is shooting into the town for some reason. No concern of his, though. He goes to the nearest window and peers out for half a moment. If he sees the elf, he will start to move in the direction of his archer rival. Even if he doesn't see the elf, Zuknar will jump down and run towards the two remining militia men that were shooting crossbows at him, swinging his axe at them....possibly throwing his axe at someone else, hopefully the elf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    Alright, here's my plans: If I see the elf and can get to him on the ground, I will full attack him. If I see the elf but can't get to him, I'll attack the dude shooting at me with crossbows and get as close to the elf as I can.

Perception (if needed) - (1d20+6)[10]

Move - 40ft, either to the elf or to the crossbowmen

Attack - If I kill the militia and can't reach the elf in melee, but can reach him through throwing, the last attack, if I can make it, will be a thrown attack at him. If I can't see him, I'll make that last attack on whoever I can see at the moment.
    1 - (1d20+12)[13] Damage - (1d12+11)[14] + (1d6)[2] magical
    Gain (1d6)[4] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[14] + (1d6)[5] magical
    2 - (1d20+12)[27] Damage - (1d12+11)[22] + (1d6)[1] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[38] + (1d6)[4] magical

(1d20+12)[20] Damage - (1d12+11)[17] + (1d6)[5] magical
    Gain (1d6)[3] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[23] + (1d6)[1] magical

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #491
    Barbarian in the Playground

Naeterandil Feius, Blight of Greyhawk
    Level 9 Necromancer Wizard | Days Until Next Undead: 0/3 | HP: 83/83 | AC: 18

Naet looks to the unfamiliar temple and grins the slightest bit. If it's not even powerful enough to make it's way out of this crummy material plane, chances are it won't be able to react quickly enough to do much. He stops apruptly once he sees the clergy, and continues on until he's about 100ft away from.

Rather than storm into the temple, Naet simply walks around a corner, his undead following him.

Meanwhile, all 5 of his melee wights begin preparing to storm the temple, and have loaded crawling claws onto their shoulders, two each. The Deathlocks stay around a building across from Naet. With a count of 3, the Wights charge ahead, their Claw payload coming with, while the Flameskulls begin firing at the holy men and women around the perimeter with fireballs, expecting to cull their numbers some before the shock troop arrives.

For their part, the Deathlocks both take aim at the most powerful looking of the clergy with a Hold Person each, hoping to hold him still for the incoming fireball. Once they've arrived, the crawling claws leap off of their carriers and onto the least armored individuals, and begin to dig their claws into any flesh they can get a hold of.

Poking out around the corner, Naet lays down Evards Black Tentacles underneath his opponents and pops back around the corner, watching the chaos unfold.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Black Tentacles: DC 17 vs (3d6)[4] bludgeoning damage and being restrained, 20ft square under the most dense part of them

Spoiler: The Severed Legion
    Show

Flameskull 1:
    Fireball: (8d6)[34] fire damage, DC 13 Dex save for half.

Flameskull 2:
    Fireball: (8d6)[30] fire damage, DC 13 Dex save for half.

Deathlock Wight 1:
    Hold Person: DC 13 Wis vs Paralysis.

Deathlock Wight 2:
    Hold Person: DC 13 Wis vs Paralysis.

Last edited by Arenabait; 2018-03-23 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignimortis View Post
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?
    Do you want that sense of excitement when you find a magic item back**?

Then Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition is for you!

*Actually a fighter/rogue multiclass.
    **Might not apply to all campaigns. Enquire at your local DMs.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deglan
    You hit the water with enough concussive force to knock yourself unconscious. As you sink, the fireball rolls over the surface, destroying the dock and setting the town on fire.

Darkness closes in...

Garrik
    With no answer, you march up the stairs, kicking in doors and looking around. Your attention is drawn to the window. Crossing a bedroom you look out at the town.

IT IS LITERALLY RAINING FIRE. Molten, greasy fire to be exact. An explosion on the dock has caused heated oil to rain down on the largely wooden structures of the town and now the whole place is going up like a tinderbox.

You continue your search. The largest bedroom was locked, but yields to your boot. The scene before you is immediate and obvious. Every drawer, chest and wardrobe has been looted and a rope of bed sheets, anchored by the bed, indicates a window escape. Walking to the window, you can see a few streets and then the flaming perimeter walls of the town. Beyond them, the open plains.

Zuknar
    You look out the window and see that every building in the street is on fire! The guards have fled because the street level looks like nothing less than the fiery hellscape of Avernus. Every building is on fire and its starting to get very hot around here. You can descend to the street, or climb out the window onto the roof, which might be safer.

Naet
    Tentacles burst up from the cobbles and the screaming begins! At the sight of the Undead, the Clerics ready their spells, but one is paralysed by the Wight. The other tries to get her spell off, but the spell fizzles under the assault of Undead blades and searing fire.

Suddenly, there is a colossal explosion! The ground shakes and you look back to the dock to see a warehouse explode under the airship. Plumes of greasy, black smoke fill the sky and flaming oil rains down, igniting the buildings all around. A large ball of hair and fire sails out of the carnage and strikes the bell tower of the temple, causing heavy structural damage and setting it on fire.

Forced to die in the fire or flee, the refugees in the temple now face a terrible decision...

The clerics begin to rally, however. Against all odds, they prepare for battle.

Roll initiative!

In the house next door, on the other side of the alley wall to Naet, a family dies unseen by anyone. Despite their father's confidence in his old, notched sword to defend his home, he was powerless against death itself.
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2018-03-24 at 05:58 AM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Muttering to himself, Of course it wouldn't be that easy, Garrik slams his fist down on a nearby dresser crushing it to splinters. Fine. I have time. Turning on his heel he heads down stairs then down stairs again, making one last effort to search for a possible treasure horde he knew Hogarth would have likely amassed. Perception - (1d20+1)[15]

If he doesn't find anything he will head back towards the docks and the ship. Hoping to convince the pirate to pursue Hogarth across the open plain.
    I like the globe warm...

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 87/105

Zuknar is a little more than annoyed that his quarry ran away. Seeing that the safest route may be the roof, he hoists himself up on the roof. Both to get a better look at what is happening in the city, but also to see if that damned elf is still around.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #495
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You pull yourself up onto the roof and survey the carnage all around you. The whole town is on fire and people are fleeing in all directions.

Gratifyingly, that damn elf is still around, hopping over the roofs on the other side of the street about 80ft away. Spotting you, he hesitates and fires off a shot!

Spoiler: Pew
    Show

(d20+12)[25]
    (1d8+8)[12] plus (1d6)[5] cold

You are on roofs on burning buildings. Due to the structural integrity being compromised, the structures disintegrate with your movement. Athletics and Acrobatics checks are made at disadvantage for both of you. There is also a chance you'll fall into a burning building. Have fun!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed

Zuknar smiles an evil, toothy grin as the arrow hits him and he jumps to the next rooftop towards the elf. As he gets close, he sends his axe sailing towards the elf. Twice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn

Athletics check, with advantage - (1d20+9)[18] or (1d20+9)[20]

Move - 40ft towards the elf, which puts me 40ft away from him

1 - (1d20+12)[27] Damage - (1d12+11)[13] + (1d6)[2] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[14] + (1d6)[4] magical
    2 - (1d20+12)[25] Damage - (1d12+11)[12] + (1d6)[5] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[21] + (1d6)[5] magical

(1d20+12)[26], Damage - (1d12+11)[19] + (1d6)[1] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[24] + (1d6)[5] magical

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zuknar
    Your axe hits home with brutal force. Twice. The elf loses his footing and crashes through a weakened roof out of sight in a shower of blood and fire.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You are 40ft away, but on the other side of the street. If you want to close in for the kill you have to jump across the street Athletics DC 15, with disadvantage remembering the environmental effects.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 4/4 | HP: 90/105

Zuknar sees the elf fall and his toothy grin stays on his face. "Soon your hide will be mine, elf! And your skull will hold my ale!" He jumps to the other roof to find the elf and make his savage, ending blows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletics, normal because Zuknar gets advantage while raging (1d20+9)[23]

Attacks: Pick all that apply. IF Zuknar is able to get within melee range of the elf, he will attack recklessly. If he doesn't, he will not. Going to roll with advantage in case he does get within melee range!

1 - (1d20+12)[29] or (1d20+12)[13], Damage - (1d12+11)[13] + (1d6)[6] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[21] + (1d6)[1] magical
    2 - (1d20+12)[22] or (1d20+12)[16], Damage - (1d12+11)[23] + (1d6)[2] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[24] + (1d6)[1] magical

(1d20+12)[32] or (1d20+12)[30], Damage - (1d12+11)[21] + (1d6)[1] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[32] + (1d6)[2] magical

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #499
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Naet
    Initiative
    Cleric 1
    Naet
    Cleric 2
    Cleric 3
    Cleric 4

Townsfolk
    Cleric 5
    Cleric 6

The first cleric to act raises his holy symbol. "Begone unclean horrors of darkness!" he proclaims, channeling holy power into his words.

Spoiler: All Undead within 30ft...
    Show
    Make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be turned.

Zuknar
    You leap to the roof and jump down the hole. The house is very much on fire, take (1d6)[1] fire damage. You see the elf getting to his feet, but you are upon him! Your savage blows cut right through him...

...literally.

The illusion wavers and vanishes.

Spoiler: Make a Perception check
    Show
    Get above a 14 and you can spot him and continue your pursuit.
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2018-03-28 at 12:42 PM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 90/105

The elf sees Zuknar crash down, swiping through his illusion. He sees the giant orc get frustrated and kick at a piece of burning furniture. Then a frightening spectacle unfolds before the archer. Zuknar looks up and sees the elf, staring straight into his soul, fire spitting and dancing around the orc. He lets out a roar that is almost deafening, and points his axe at the elf as the flames lick the orc and his axe, and charges forward towards him screaming all the way. "YOUR ILLUSIONS WILL NOT SAVE YOU NOW, ELF. YOU WILL FEEL THE DEATH BLOW OF MY AXE AND AS YOU LAY DYING I WILL PULL YOUR ENTRAILS OUT SO YOU MAY TELL THEM GOODBYE. RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Turn

Move - To the elf

Attacking Recklessly definitely this time

1 - (1d20+12)[23] or (1d20+12)[24], Damage - (1d12+11)[23] + (1d6)[1] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[27] + (1d6)[2] magical
    2 - (1d20+12)[31] or (1d20+12)[22], Damage - (1d12+11)[20] + (1d6)[4] magical CRIT!!
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[21] + (1d6)[3] magical

(1d20+12)[17] or (1d20+12)[30], Damage - (1d12+11)[20] + (1d6)[5] magical CRIT!!!!!
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[24] + (1d6)[4] magical

Last edited by Irish Musician; 2018-03-28 at 12:56 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #501
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zuknar

As you charge, the elf kicks the door frame and steps back quickly.

The house collapses!

Spoiler: TIIIIIIIMBER!
    Show
    Make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw. Take (12d6)[37] house damage, plus (6d6)[24] fire damage on a failed save, half on a success. You are buried under a house and prone.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed

Zuknar is buried in a burning building as the elf leaves, and Zuknar calls after him, "COWARD ELF!!", and starts to dig himself out of the house.

Spoiler
    Show
    Athletic checks to get out, with advantage. Don't know how many you need.

[roll]1d20+9/roll] or (1d20+9)[24]
    [roll]1d20+9/roll] or (1d20+9)[22]
    [roll]1d20+9/roll] or (1d20+9)[28]
    [roll]1d20+9/roll] or (1d20+9)[15]

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #503
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

As you strain under the house, your vision starts to go blurry and you see the image of a great flaming eye. The symbol is intimate to you, it is a vision from the great god Grummsh. The eye becomes a flaming town, complete with people screaming and dying. Then you hear a voice like the clash of shields, a cacophony of battle blood and death. And the carnage speaks.

rIsE, ChAmPiOn
    DESTROY mY EnEmIeS
    SpIlL BLOOD iN MY NAME

Spoiler: Boon of Grummsh
    Show

Gain 5,000xp
    Gain +2 to your Strength score
    Gain fire resistance
    Gain ELF HATRED (advantage on Survival skills to track elves, gain +2 to hit and +2d6 damage to attacking elves)

You rise from the ruin of the house.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

24. - Top - End - #504
    Barbarian in the Playground

Naeterandil Feius, Blight of Greyhawk
    Level 9 Necromancer Wizard | Days Until Next Undead: 3/3 | HP: 83/83 | AC: 18

As the Cleric lets his prayer loose, all of the undead seem to shudder a bit, but Daxus and 2 others continue onwards. However 2 of the wights let out an unearthly shreak and begin to back away, scrambling to flee from the holy men.

Shortly into their retreat, Daxus lets loose a fierce whistle, and the Claws resting on their shoulders begin tearing into their transportation's shoulders, attempting to get them to snap out of their panic.

The Deathlocks move forward slightly, about 60ft behind the initial force, and begin letting loose their Grave Bolts, while Naet stays behind and casts Toll the Dead on the lead cleric, who's being held by a pair of Hold Persons

Spoiler: The Severed Legion
    Show

Since all attacks against a paralyzed target are automatically crits if the attacker's within 5ft, the Wights and claws are going to unload on him until he dies, and then move on to the lesser dudes from top to bottom in order of how important they look. The Ranged attacks are all against the lesser members of the clergy, focusing fire to take guys down from top to bottom, starting with the guy who used Turn Undead.

Flameskull 1:
    Fire Ray 1: (1d20+5)[21] to hit, 14 fire damage. (24 on Crit)
    Fire Ray 2: (1d20+5)[19] to hit, 14 fire damage. (24 on Crit)

Flameskull 2:
    Fire Ray 1: (1d20+5)[18] to hit, 14 fire damage. (24 on Crit)
    Fire Ray 2: (1d20+5)[11] to hit, 14 fire damage. (24 on Crit)

Deathlock Wight 1:
    Grave Bolt 1: (1d20+5)[12] to hit, 11 necrotic damage. (15 on Crit)
    Grave Bolt 2: (1d20+5)[10] to hit, 11 necrotic damage. (15 on Crit)

Deathlock Wight 2:
    Grave Bolt 1: (1d20+5)[9] to hit, 11 necrotic damage. (15 on Crit)
    Grave Bolt 2: (1d20+5)[8] to hit, 11 necrotic damage. (15 on Crit)

Wight (Daxus):
    +3 Greatsword 1: (1d20+7)[21] to hit, 17 slashing damage. (23 on Crit)
    +3 Greatsword 2: (1d20+7)[19] to hit, 17 slashing damage. (23 on Crit)

Wight 1:
    Running like a little girl

Wight 2:
    Longsword: (1d20+4)[14] to hit, 11 slashing damage (15 on Crit)
    Longsword: (1d20+4)[20] to hit, 11 slashing damage (15 on Crit)

Wight 3:
    Fleeing like a wee babby

Wight 4:
    Longsword: (1d20+4)[6] to hit, 11 slashing damage (15 on Crit)
    Longsword: (1d20+4)[21] to hit, 11 slashing damage (15 on Crit)

Crawling Claws 1-10:
    Crawling Claw 1: (1d20+3)[6] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 2: (1d20+3)[21] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 3: (1d20+3)[22] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 4: (1d20+3)[7] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 5: (1d20+3)[14] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 6: (1d20+3)[17] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)

Crawling Claw 7 (Wight 1): (1d20+3)[18] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 8 (Wight 1): (1d20+3)[7] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 9 (Wight 3): (1d20+3)[8] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)
    Crawling Claw 10 (Wight 3): (1d20+3)[12] to hit, 8 slashing damage (10 on Crit)

Last edited by Arenabait; 2018-03-28 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignimortis View Post
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?
    Do you want that sense of excitement when you find a magic item back**?

Then Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition is for you!

*Actually a fighter/rogue multiclass.
    **Might not apply to all campaigns. Enquire at your local DMs.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 10 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 67/116

Zuknar's eyes fill with red until you can no longer see any pupil or color but red. The debris of the house just fall away as he arises, his god's voice echoing through his head. He stands there amidst the flames nodding his head, flashes of carnage and the world being under the banner of the Great One Eye. "Yes. Conquer the world. Kill the elves. Wash the land in the blood of anything that stands in my way. All for Gruumsh." His dagger ears then pick up something....screaming. He immediately stars running towards the source, thinking it is the church that the steeple he sees belongs to. As he runs, people scatter out of his way, and he swings...mowing them down and being splattered with their blood.....still covered in flames. His roar is mighty as he runs through the streets, hacking away people. "GRUUMSH IS MIGHTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Move - To the church

1 - (1d20+13)[22], Damage - (1d12+12)[20] + (1d6)[2] magical
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[30] + (1d6)[5] magical
    2 - (1d20+13)[27], Damage - (1d12+12)[18] + (1d6)[4] magical
    Gain (1d6)[6] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[22] + (1d6)[1] magical

(1d20+13)[28], Damage - (1d12+12)[21] + (1d6)[5] magical
    Gain (1d6)[6] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[43] + (1d6)[3] magical

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The massacre at the church is swift and effective. By the time Garrik and Zuknar arrive, the clerics are dead or fleeing. The rest is just mopping up. The church collapses, killing a large number of the townsfolk inside, and as the fire spreads, you retreat to the ship just in case.

It's only now you notice Deglan missing. But there is a town to loot first. After the worst of the fire has passed, you spend hours sifting through the remains, acquiring gold and goods amounting to about 20,000gp all told.

Deglan
    You wake up to waves breaking on your face. Roused to consciousness, you get shakily to your feet and take in your surroundings.

You're on a beach, about a mile south of town. You can see the smoke from the place, easily and you can hear distant screams.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik arrives at the church and looks around, taking it all in. He turns to the new and improved Zuknar and says, "My quarry got away, if we are done here I would like to pursue him." He looks around some more, "Where's the pirate?"
    I like the globe warm...

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, Champion of Gruumsh
    Level 10 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 4/4 | HP: 116/116

After ending the massacre and looting the town, Zuknar meets up with the others. Zuknar looks to Garrik with his one eye, still completely red, "Mine did as well. There is an elf that needs killing. By Gruumsh's Will, he will die soon. And it will be by my hand." Zuknar's voice didn't leave any argument. The elf would die as soon as Zuknar found him, and he would be the one to kill the elf. "As to the pirate, I do not know where he went." Zuknar looks up in the air, "His ship is still floating there, so he is still alive I think. Should it start moving, we should follow it, or go board it now. It will find him soon." Zuknar then gathered all he could of the booty they acquired and went to go board the ship.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

29. - Top - End - #509

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 10 Swashbuckler | HP: 20/56 | AC: 15 | PP: 22

Deglan rolls over, wiping the sand off his face and looks up at the blue sky. He lays there pondering everything that has happened to him. When his ship first sank and he was left for dead by that group of hero's. Then he remembers a dream he had, of some demon of the hells... and there was this very very loud orc and a weird dead yet not dead smelly guy. Hmm... there was also a dragonborn who skulked around. Something with a mind-flayer and a getting a key in a skull.

He shook his head remembering the details, it was a very strange dream but he didn't want to dwell on it. He was alive and although he had lost his ship all that mattered was to get back on his feat and get to hunting down the last of those heroes that was left alive. At least, that was his main thought until smoke began to poison the beautiful blue sky he was staring up at. He followed the view of smoke, turning his head to the right, as it lead all the way to this town about a mile away. He could still see the fire that engulfed it. That's when the flashes of truth came back into his mind. The invasion followed by the warehouse and his order to blow it up.

A devilish smile creeps upon his face as he gets up, only wincing slightly from the pain. "That be unbelievable!" he says outloud. He begins to laugh at the the memories and aftermath, also at the fact that he is once again somehow alive! After checking his belongings he sets off to head back towards the town. All along the way attempting to establish a mental connection with his First Mate on the ship.
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

By the time the booty is stowed and secure, Deglan has made it back to the edge of town. Rather than picking his way through the burning carnage, a lifeboat is launched around the bay to collect him.

Reunited, you consider your next move. You have a hull full of booty and corpses, what would you like to do next? You retire to the cabin as the sun sets over the destroyed town to consider your options.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell