New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Lazarus Gambit | 5e D&D | IC Thread

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 10 Swashbuckler | HP: 56/56 | AC: 15 | PP: 22

Swiftly dodging the licks of flame from the fireballs, Deglan rises only to again have to move on his feet as the streak of green flies towards him. He jumps forward away from there bringing is scimitar up and continuing forward to the cloaked man. Striking with his scimitar Deglan then flips back towards some debris on the street, diving to a hidden location.

Spoiler: Round 6 OOC
    Show
    Dex saves: see prior post

Movement: Move to Tattered Cloak

Attack Action: Scimitar attack vs Tattered Cloak - (1d20+9)[12]

Damage: (1d6+5)[11] piercing
    If Crit: (1d6)[2] extra piercing

Sneak Attack: (5d6)[18] piercing
    If Crit: (5d6)[16] extra piercing

Movement: Move to a spot Deglan can hide

Bonus Action: Cunning Action - Hide (1d20+13)[28]

Last edited by Relkin; 2018-07-03 at 06:28 AM.
    Games I DM
    War of the Heavens: IC OOC - Map

Games I Play In
    The Godkiller's Will: IC OOC DOC - Raistlin - Master of Lore

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You swing at the mysterious man, but you discover that he has drawn a sword of his own! He parries your scimitar strike with an elegant rapier. You trade ripostes , steel ringing on steel. Before he has a chance to draw you in, you leap out of range and behind a piece of crumbling masonry.

You all hear the ringing of alarm bells throughout the city. With a dragon suddenly appearing, it isn't going to be long before the Flaming Fist show up...
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, Champion of Gruumsh
    Level 10 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 43/116

Zuknar takes the hits in stride, looking to Garrik before attacking again. "This dragon hits hard, dragonborn! I will need some healing to stay in this fight, I think." After his short words, he goes back to hacking at the dragon with his axe. AFter hacking his axe into the dragon, "We need to finish this, NOW. I do not think we can take on the Flaming Fist and this trickster!"

Spoiler
    Show
    1 - (1d20+13)[33], Damage - (1d12+12)[19] + (1d6)[1] magical
    Gain (1d6)[5] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[26] + (1d6)[5] magical
    2 - (1d20+13)[15], Damage - (1d12+12)[21] + (1d6)[2] magical
    Gain (1d6)[4] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[38] + (1d6)[2] magical

Bonus - If either of those hit, Attack
    (1d20+13)[30], Damage - (1d12+12)[23] + (1d6)[2] magical
    Gain (1d6)[5] HP on a hit
    On crit, 18-20 - (4d12)[29] + (1d6)[2] magical

My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

4. - Top - End - #574
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Zuknar unleashes the might of Gruumsh upon the dragon, hitting the skull so hard it cracks, splintering up over the eye socket and causing a tooth to fly off!

Meanwhile, The Man in the Tattered Coat hurls a fireball into the group before fleeing through a shop and out of sight.

Spoiler: Dexterity Saving Throws
    Show

Zuknar, Deglan and Garrik make DC 20 Dexterity saving throws.

Take (11d6)[36] fire damage on a failed save, half on a successful save.

Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2018-07-09 at 02:47 PM.
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik Relarruan, The Oathbreaker
    Level 20 Oathbreaker Paladin | HP: 181/181 | AC: 21

A snarl appears on Garrik's face as the fireball washes over them, Fire, serioulsy? he thinks to himself as he rounds on the dragon. He grips the hilt of his sword, the runes down it's blade glowing with magical power. "Stay close, half-breed. You'll not die this day."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Garrik will attack the dragon with smitage.
    Attack - (1d20+14)[30]
    Damage - (2d6+13)[19] plus Divine - (2d8)[14]

plus Holy Avenger damage Radiant - (2d10)[5]

plus smite using a 4th level slot
    Divine - (5d8)[24]

Attack - (1d20+14)[34]
    Damage - (2d6+13)[15] plus Divine - (2d8)[10]

plus Holy Avenger damage Radiant - (2d10)[6]

plus smite using a 4th level slot
    Divine - (5d8)[25]

**141 total damage

Last edited by Lioslaith; 2018-07-09 at 04:40 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Caught off guard by the Orc's savage strike, the undead dragon is blindsided by the holy strike! Using his immense strength and holy power, Garrik destroys the creature! Bone shards fly in all directions and the disembodied spirit dissipates into the air.

Spoiler: Experience Points
    Show
    4,800XP each!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Level 10 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 35/116

After the dragon is dead and the wizard is gone, Zuknar finds the tooth that he, personally, knocked out of the dragon's head and pockets it. He spits blood from out of his mouth and smiles at the dead dragon, "Even mighty dragons cannot stand the power of Gruumsh." He uses his axe the crush the dargon's skull into dust, then Zuknar turns and looks up to Naet, "Who in the nine hells was that? And should we expect more? Why was he after you?" He then turns to the paladin, "If the Fist is coming, we may be in for another fight. Heal me up so we may fight them at full strength, if need be."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nodding with satisfaction Garrick Plants his sword in the broken skull of the dragon to hold it while he moves to heal Zuknar. He holds out his hand offering a traditional clasp to heal him. "You fought well, half-breed."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Should Zuknar take the proffered hand then Garrik will lay on hands and bring him back to full hp.

Lay on hands 100hp available. 72 taken to heal him. 28 still available.

Last edited by Lioslaith; 2018-07-09 at 05:07 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Level 10 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 116/116

Zuknar chuckles, planting his axe next to Garrick's Sword and clasping his hand, "And your well placed hits did you great honor, dragonborn." Zuknar feels the healing energies flow through him, patching his wounds, stopping his bleeding, and erasing his bruises.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #580
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You pick up the tooth and examine it. It is razor sharp and about nine inches long. You can make out some vestige of lingering power. Perhaps you can use it as a weapon...

Spoiler: Ixmodius's Tooth
    Show

This tooth was knocked out of the skull of the mad Dracolich, Ixmodius by Zuknar, Champion of Gruumsh in Baldur's Gate.

No one knows how the ancient wyrm found its way to the city, but it was slain by the half-Orc and his party of mercenaries.

Though no longer a part of the Dracolich, the tooth retain some hint of the creature's power... and its madness.

Those who carry it can faintly hear the whispers of Ixmodius's wandering mind.

Dagger +2
    Successful hits deal an extra 1d6 necrotic damage.
    Attune for More Benefits
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2018-07-09 at 05:13 PM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

11. - Top - End - #581

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea

Seeing another fireball fly his way Deglan leaps out from his hiding spot and attempts to stave off any flames.

When he rises he watches as the man in the tattered cloak runs off but before he could give chase the dragon they were fighting is destroyed to bits by the Mighty Zuknar and Dangerous Garrik. The two decimate the undead creature leaving just dust and bones in the street. Deglan looks at them and looks back at the store front where the man ran and just gives a little shrug. He walks over to the others looking over the scene, "Well, ye two surely took care o' that beast. Me apologies on nah gettin' me foe. Seems he ran off." He kind of chuckles at that before finding a post to lean on. "Should we head out or continue lookin' fer Garriks prey?"

Spoiler: Fireball Save
    Show
    Dex save to dodge fireball. None on pass and half on fail: (1d20+14)[28]
    Advantage: (1d20+14)[24]

Passed: Deglan takes 0 damage

Last edited by Relkin; 2018-07-09 at 06:10 PM.
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I think we should wait for the guard to arrive. It would avoid casting suspicion on us and could benefit us by letting them think we saved the town." Garrik offers as they all gather to assess their next move. "And should they think we did save the town perhaps we can ask them about my quarry." The grin that follows that last statement would run a chill down most anyone's spin who saw it.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #583

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea

Deglan listens to Garrik's suggestion, "Aye good point ye make. Let me gather me thoughts 'n put on me best face!" He wipes off some of the dirt from tumbling around and puts away his scimitar. Slicking back his hair he waits for the guards and Flaming Fist to arrive.
    Last edited by Relkin; 2018-07-10 at 08:09 AM.
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

14. - Top - End - #584
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It isn't long before a patrol of guards arrive on foot, led by a knight on a horse. The move with disciplined ease, surrounding the combat area and keeping the public, who have now become curious, at bay. From their midst, their commander steps forward, a swarthy female dwarf dressed in fine chain mail.

She gives you a once over. "Commander Flintoffen. We heard reports of a dragon. Care to explain the situation?"
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Level 10 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 3/4 | HP: 116/116

Zuknar gripped his axe, at first, bracing for a fight as the dwarf lady came up, but she wasn't initially aggressive, at least in actions, and only straight-forward in speech....so the half-orc relaxed his grasp. Zuknar points his axe at the dragon bones on the ground, "There was a giant, boned dragon that appeared and attacked us. We killed it." Zuknar was definitely not a diplomat, but at least nothing he said was false. He kicked a few of the bones around, showing the lady the remains, and he pulled another tooth from the skull...for good measure.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2018-07-16 at 03:07 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

16. - Top - End - #586
    Barbarian in the Playground

Naeterandil Feius, Blight of Greyhawk
    Level 9 Necromancer Wizard | Days Until Next Undead: 3/3 | HP: 83/83 | AC: 18

As he's being ushered along by the rest of the party and mostly his disguised wights, his eyes are glazed over, and he seems to be muttering to himself, miming out arcane symbols in the air with his finger. A handful of words can be gleaned from an odd conglomeration of what may be some patched together version of Common, Elvish, Draconic, and even Primordial. "Borrow Nystul's Work... loathe him... hide the aura or..."

After several minutes of this, he snaps out of his haze, and turns towards the party as though they'd been waiting for him to speak. "The dracolich was likely an agent of Orcus' most trusted aid, Doresain, the first ghoul. The cloak I wear has been snatched from his possession. When I was on Oerth, I had it loaded with arcane wards, magical protections, and various spells to hide it's power. But now that I'm using over half my power on simply keeping myself from falling over, I simply don't have the power to hide it's massive Aura. Indeed, it is an artifact of immense arcane energy, created by Orcus himself, and As I am now I have no way to hide it. I'll need to do research, but there's a spell created by an Archmage from Oerth called Nystul's Magic aura, which could potentially hide my artifact and prevent them from simply divining where the cloak is. Until then, I suggest we keep on the move, and make as much use of the astral plane as possible to make ourselves as difficult to track as we can, lest more powerful beings take interest." Naet says, regardless of those listening. He waits intently for a response upon finishing his monologue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignimortis View Post
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?
    Do you want that sense of excitement when you find a magic item back**?

Then Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition is for you!

*Actually a fighter/rogue multiclass.
    **Might not apply to all campaigns. Enquire at your local DMs.