New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Lazarus Gambit | 5e D&D | IC Thread

Your minor drain does minor damage, but your Skeleton is getting more proficient, it appears. It thrusts it's crude and ancient knife deep into an exposed gap in the armour beneath the knight's shoulder.

The knight staggers and collapses, bleeding out to your Skeleton's attack. Only the lead Knight remains, facing off against Tobias.
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 9 Monk | HP: 20/49 | Ki: 5/9 | AC: 20 | PP: 22

Deglan swiftly turns around to race after his adversary who is fighting off against Tobias. The end is in sight and he wasn't about to let it out of his grasp! Moving into position he begins his assault with his longsword. Followed by a flurry of blows using his fists, legs, elbows, and whatever else could be used if there is an opening!

Spoiler: Round 2 OOC
    Show
    Attack Action - Longsword attack and Unarmed Strike:
    Longsword attack: (1d20+9)[19]
    Longsword (versatile) damage: (1d10+5)[10] - If Crit: (1d10)[4]
    Unarmed Strike attack: (1d20+9)[17]
    Unarmed Strike Damage: (1d6+5)[6] - If Crit: (1d6)[5]

Flurry of Blows Ki Ability (1): 2 Unarmed strikes as a bonus action -
    Bonus Action - FOB 1 Unarmed Strike: (1d20+9)[27]
    Bonus Action - FOB 1 Unarmed Strike Damage: (1d6+5)[10] - If Crit: (1d6)[5]
    Bonus Action - FOB 2 Unarmed Strike: (1d20+9)[14]
    Bonus Action - FOB 2 Unarmed Strike Damage: (1d6+5)[10] - If Crit: (1d6)[4]

Path of Kensei ability: If Unarmed strike is used during attack and holding a melee weapon may use melee weapon to defend = +2 AC until next turn/incapacitated/no longer holding weapon.
    AC is now 20

*Ki used: 1

Games I DM
    War of the Heavens: IC OOC - Map

Games I Play In
    The Godkiller's Will: IC OOC DOC - Raistlin - Master of Lore

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Your furious assault against the Knight is deflected by the Knight's armour and his magical protections. Only one unarmed strike, a blow to the neck between the helmet and plate armour, manages to land.
    "All people love themselves too much to be changed by something as simple as love."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:19 | Rage: 0/4 | HP: 68/105

Zuknar notices Tobias' skills in magic, and is fairly impressed. Zuknar isn't one for magic, but the type that can cook humans in their own armor is useful. Then to Tobias, "Tiefling, I misjudged you. I thought the only way to cook humans alive was in boiling water!!" Zuknar flashes a large smile, lets out a large, evil laugh, and charges into the remaining human.
    Spoiler
    Show

Turn
    Move - to the remaining knight
    Action - Attack!
    (1d20+9)[28], (1d12+7)[14]
    (1d20+9)[16], (1d12+7)[9]

If this damage should kill the knight, Zuknar will knock him unconscious instead.

Last edited by Irish Musician; 2017-11-29 at 09:33 AM.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Seeing the knight in dire straits, you pull your punch, opting a blow with the flat of your weapon than the pointy end.

The knight falls o his knees and breaths out a few gasping syllables you fail to hear.

Tobias looks surprised at your leniency. "So much for the bloodthirstiness of Orcs." Tobias snaps his fingers and immediately the armour of the knight melts, fusing with the flesh that begins to cook within, released a disturbingly bacon-like smell.

"Well now," he says, flexing is shoulders and growing in height before your eyes, his horns begin to extend. "After a hundred years I've finally found a party of worthy souls."

He bows before you all and a cloak of shimmering flame covers his back and his legs develop a certain goat-like aspect. "My vassals have been drawing the souls of so many so called worthy fighters to my prison - the only way for me to escape that dungeon. And after but fifty tries, lo! I find you. A successful party."

"My name is Mephistopheles and I have been imprisoned within these walls by my adversaries these past hundred years. None on the outside knew of course, thanks to my cunning contingencies."

"But now I am free and will have my revenge. My enemies were cunning - denying me of my immortal powers to escape, which is why I needed you. Damned souls will always find their way to me and my vassals have been funneling the worthy to aid me in my escape, for only a mortal hand of might and magic could free me."

"Don't look so enraged, Isely. I had no knowledge of your... specialty until this moment. There are so many souls to which I hold claim, you cannot possible think that you alone are special? Oh, I see that you do. How very unfortunate. If it makes you feel better, I own all of your souls."
    he indicates all of you.

"For freeing me, I offer you this - not your souls, but one wish each. I have already returned you to life, why not enjoy it as you see fit? Ask, and shall grant it"
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2017-12-03 at 05:47 PM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Isley Cifer, The Demon Eater
    Level 7/2 Paladin/Warlock | HP: 55/55 | Lay on Hands Pool: 35 | AC: 17

He stared at Tobias as he began to grow, change. And with each word, he could feel his anger bow as he stabbed the ground with his blade, gritting his teeth so hard he felt they will crack. He gripped tight onto the handle of his sword, his head low so that his hair obscured his eyes. It was Mephistopheles. He helped free HIM. If it wasn't for his actions, if he decided to run him through with the sword back there in prison, if they kept him down there, his soul might be free, for the demon lord who owned it would be locked. He had a chance and he ruined it through not acting as he should there.

As the demon lord stopped his monologue, he no longer grit his teeth, his voice seemingly without a tone as he spoke.

"A wish, you say...?" he said, before ripping his sword out of the floor, destroying it there further as he launched himself towards the demon lord, his wings unfurling and propelling him even faster with their power. His own sword raised, the power of his hex relocating itself onto Mephistopheles, as he reached deep within himself for it, the fragment of the deific power he stole and profaned from the training he got from that forsaken order. His sword seemed to cover itself with black energy, yet at its farthest from the blade it seemed white instead. With all the might, all the fury he contained, he swung at the demon lord, his rage blinding him to reason, refusing to let him endure seeing his most hated enemy, the reason his life became as it was, standing before him intact

"I WISH TO SEE YOUR HEAD ON MY PLATTER"

Spoiler: OOC and rolls
    Show
    Move action: STRAIGHT AT THE GODDAMN Demon lord
    Bonus Action: Relocate Hex spell onto Mephistopheles
    (No save. Disadvantage on Ability score of choice: Strength. +1d6 necrotic damage on each attack)
    Expending 2 level 1 spell slots, to give each attack a smite

Attack action:

Attack roll 1 (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage Roll 1 (1d8+12)[20]
    Hex (1d6)[3]
    Smite (3d8)[12]

Attack roll 2 (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage Roll 2 (1d8+12)[18]
    Hex (1d6)[6]
    Smite (3d8)[16]

Last edited by Yasahiro; 2017-12-04 at 03:32 AM.
    "If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Taken slightly aback by the tiefling's ire, Garrik grins to himself as he watches the attack. "This should be good." He mutters to no one in particular as he takes a step or two back to give them room.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

8. - Top - End - #248

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 9 Monk | HP: 20/49 | Ki: 4/9 | AC: 20 | PP: 22

Deglan watches with surprise as Tobias transforms. "Well that was unexpected..." he mutters under his breath as Mephistolpheles begins to drone on about himself. Deglan listens intently nodding his head as the Devil goes on. Out of the corner of his eye he can see Isley begin to grow more and more angry, swelling with rage. Not wanting to get involved with a Devil of hell Deglan reflexively takes a step back away from the potential conflict. Deglan isn't one to be fearful but he isn't an idiot either. He knows when to fold his cards.

Finally Mephisto finishes his speech and offers a wish to the group. Deglans mind instantly flashes back to his boat, 'The Banshee'. Oh what a beauty she was. If anything he would want that to be raised from it's watery grave and be returned to it. Before he could think further on this prospect though he is startled out of his trance by Isley, as the tiefling launches forward with a fury greater than Deglan had seen of it.

"Idiot" Deglan thinks to himself as he watches his new companion rush forward to death. He shrugs his shoulders and attempts to make the best out of the situation. Deglan calls out to no one in particular, "I call dibs on his wish!"
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed

Zuknar looks supremely annoyed as the Tiefling fires the last knight he kept unconscious in his armor. With his brow furrowed he looks at the devil, "The nine hells to you, devil. I was going to roast him alive later, for a meal. Now he's been too far cooked." Zuknar kicks at the thing, one side of his nose raising in the disgust at the over-doneness of the human.

His face does show a bit of surprise and nods his head in approval at the declaration of Mephistopheles, but does notice Isley's distress. As a warrior he knows what's coming, and he, too, stands back and lets it happen. No need to get in a fight when he has nothing to gain from it.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mephistopheles effortlessly dodges Isley's mad onslaught with minute and precise movements. "Now Isley, listen to me. Can you just...? Hold... One..." Not a single blow lands.

"Honestly, are you going to calm down? You'll have your chance to destroy me, tiefling. But it won't be today. I'm in a giving mood! This is a time to celebrate! And as for your wish, you don't seem to own a platter, so I cannot acquiesce. What say the rest of you?"
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2017-12-04 at 03:39 PM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed

You would think that something like a wish would take a while for someone to think over. So many possibilities in this world, so many avenues to go down. Gold. Gems. Women. Instant Domination over everything. Power beyond recognition. You could wield the power of a god and have the power to make your own wishes come true, over all the planes of existence. The entire breadths of the planes could be yours in an instant.

But Zuknar did not want any of that. There was no honor or satisfaction in instant conquest. He want to ring the life of out the Multiverse with his own two hands, an army at his back. He stepped up to the giant devil-god. In a strong and confident voice, he spoke, "There is tale of an Orcish artifact. It is said to be made by Gruumsh himself, sent down by him for the glory of Orc-kind. The Right Arm of Gruumsh it is called." Zuknar paused for a moment. "My desire is not of riches or instant conquest. I want the satisfaction of bleeding all of the worlds dry with my own hands. Riches I can take, and conquest will happen again, as it has before for me. Therefore, my wish is to posses the Artifact, The Right Arm of Gruumsh. I wish to fill it will the blood of anyone who gets in my way, and make Gruumsh proud."

As he talks, Zuknar seems to grow even larger, his words becoming bolder and his voice getting a little bit louder as he talks. As if the mere mention of the axe is making him stronger.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik Relarruan
    Level 9 Oathbreaker Paladin | HP: 70/70 | AC: 12

Garrik nods at how Mephistopheles handled the riled up tiefling, Interesting, he thinks as he watches Zuknar jump to his wish. He stoops to look over the less melted knights and starts stripping them of their armor. Once that is done he looks over the main knight, or what's left of him. Picking up his weapons (?) and looking about for a better shield.

Thinking while he works he decides to ask a question {Devil, might you have the ability to read minds?}
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-12-05 at 11:39 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Isley Cifer, The Demon Eater
    Level 7/2 Paladin/Warlock | HP: 31/55 | Lay on Hands Pool: 35 | AC: 17

Surprising noone, Isley didn't calm down at Mephistopheles's words. His own misses only infuriated him further as he kept slashing at the devil, even trying to bite if one of dodges put Mephistopheles close to his face.

"You expect me to calm down?! YOU!?" He tried to strike again, not caring for his own life anymore.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Attack roll 1 (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage Roll 1 (1d8+12)[18]
    Hex (1d6)[5]

Attack roll 2 (1d20+9)[20]
    Damage Roll 2 (1d8+12)[13]
    Hex (1d6)[1]

"If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest" - Charles Barkley

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mephistopheles sighs and snaps his fingers.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Isley, make a Constitution saving throw.

Spoiler: Garrik ONLY
    Show
    "I am not lowly Imp, dragonkin. I see your mind, its ambition. Its desire.
    Consider your wish granted."

"... That is all you wish? Such is the shortsightedness of mortals. Consider them granted." From the depths of his cloak, Mephistopheles produces a ship in a bottle, which appears in Deglan's hand. Next, from his sleeve, a terrible adamantine axe. It appears in Zuknar's hands.

"Careful with that. That is no mere tree feller you now carry. It will cost you." Mephistopheles winks.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Naeterandil Feius, Blight of Greyhawk
    Level 9 Necromancer Wizard | HP: 18/30 | AC: 12

With a quiet chuckle, Naet waits, uncharacteristically patient, then speaks to Mephisto.

"Before my demise, I had a robe, created by Orcus. It is called the Robe of the Blood Lord, named after the demon himself. It should still be on Oerth. That is what I wish for." Naet says, almost giddy at the prospect of having his full power back.
    Last edited by Arenabait; 2017-12-06 at 06:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Done." Mephistopheles snaps his fingers and you are once again robed in undeath.

Isley is encased in a block of ice. Only his snarling face sticks out.
    "I will grant you your wish, Isley. An opportunity to fight me fairly, one on one. Meet me in the city Tantlin, in Stygia, one year and one day from now and you shall have the fight you wish."

"Your wishes are granted. Is there anything more you would ask of me before I return to my kingdom?"
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2017-12-06 at 06:14 PM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed

The giant axe comes into Zuknar's hands and he looks at the large demon Lord as he tosses away the one he took from the living armor, "I am well aware what the axe is, devil, and the price to pay. My people know the legends. I'd gladly pay it in service to Gruumsh....to conquer the cosmos in his name." With that you see Zuknar plant the axe into the ground, cracking the stone below him. His right hand then rises up to his left eye, and using his right hand's thumb gouges out his own eye. He lets out a very loud roar as his eye dangles from the socket, and then Zuknar grabs the eye and rips it out of his head, throwing it to the ground. Zuknar then picks up the axe, and with another great roar, uses the flat of the axe to smash down on his eye.....squishing it into oblivion. A red cloud comes from under the axe and swirls around it and Zuknar. It swirls faster and faster until it shoots into the orc's nostril's and mouth.

Zuknar falls onto one knee, trying to catch his breath, with blood dripping onto the stone below him. He rises back up, walks over to one of the knights, rips some cloth off of their clothing, and ties it around his eye socket. When you look upon him again, he seems bigger, more fierce, maybe even a bit more intimidating than he did before. Some power seems to be flowing through him.

"Gruumsh is goooooooooood....." his voice seems a bit lower and something in the quality of it seems other-worldly.

Spoiler: str addition
    Show
    (1d6)[1]

Zuknar looks at the devil-lord, "How in the nine hells do we get out of here?"
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2017-12-06 at 06:22 PM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik Relarruan, The Oathbreaker
    Level 20 Oathbreaker Paladin | HP: 181/181 | AC: 17

Garrik creases a wry smile across his face, a disturbing sight to all, as Zuknar attunes himslef to his new toy. He takes a step or two back from the others, dragging the least damaged set of armor, knight still dripping from it, as he goes. Feeling the power surge through him, this was it, this was what he had wanted, he tilts his head upward and lets forth a roaring gout of flames. Brighter and hotter than before the plume fills the room with light for a bit. Then, almost as abruptly the room darkens, dim light spreading from him. Darker, more menacing shadows seem to move about within the dim light. Coalescing around the others then draining away only to move on to the next.

Then, the room is back to normal as Garrik smiles at the others. “Thank you devil.”
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-12-06 at 06:56 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mephistopheles points towards a flight of stairs at the far side of the chamber.

"Those steps will take you to the surface. This prison is on Colothys, the fourth level of the plane of Carceri. It is no small task to enter or leave this place. Unless you possess such powers as mine, of course. I suggest you find your way off the summit of the mountain and find a trade route. Follow that to the nearest town and seek your egress there."
    Last edited by WhiteRobbit; 2017-12-07 at 02:13 PM.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:19 | Rage: 4/4 | HP: 105/105

Zuknar, axe in hand, nods, "Is there an armory or vault near that we can raid? We need provisions."

Once he has his answer Zuknar nods and starts to walk out, but he stops looks back at the devil, "We will see each other again, devil. You have my soul.....it only belongs to Gruumsh. I will be back for it. Until then...." Zuknar pounds his chest hard, as a sign of respect, and starts walking out of the place. As he passes by Isley's frozen body, he slams his axe down onto the block of ice covering him. The ice explodes everywhere, pices flying in all directions and in a million different pieces, leaving the Tiefling's lifeless body slumped on the ground.

"Gruumsh is mighty....."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

For funsies, I auto crit on an object I hit, the ice block
    (1d20+12)[20]

Damage (5d12+8)[42] + (2d6)[12]

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Level 20 Oathbreaker Paladin | HP: 181/181 | AC: 23

"Before we depart does anyone need any healing? We are about to enter the 4th level of Hell and I'd rather you all be healthy."
    I like the globe warm...

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:20 | Rage: 0/4 | HP: 68/105

Zuknar stops and looks to Garrik, "It would take more punishment for me to fall, but you reasoning is sound. My wounds could use closing."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #263

Level 9 Necromancer Wizard | HP: 18/30 | AC: 12

After obtaining his robe, Naet looks to his compatriots. "Mm, gentlemen? I don't expect you to stick around because of me, but perhaps we could rest up a bit? We've just been through a series of 3 difficult battles, and all while underequipped. Also, some of us have some toys we'd like to get back in touch with."
    Last edited by Arenabait; 2017-12-07 at 04:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 9 Rogue | HP: 20/49 | AC: 15 | PP: 22

Deglan watches on as Isley forces his hand and presumably rushes to his death. Mephisto is clearly patient with him but that patient seems to be running low. It only takes a few more moments before he incases Isley in a block of ice.

Mephisto looks towards the group and begs the question, "What say the rest of you?"
    For a moment there is brief silence but then Zuknar steps forward. He speaks of a fabled axe of his patron Gruums, and without even a thought Mephisto produces the great axe. Deglan is taken aback with some surprise. He thought the whole wish thought to be some cheap ruse thrown at them by the devil and yet it seems to be true. Still, he was hesitant to speak up but then watched as Naet asked for a robe that would let him call upon the undead as his own.
    Just as prior the robe is instantly produced and presented to the decrepit being. "Hmmm well then I guess 'tis worth a shot." Deglan mutters to himself.

He finally steps forward and addresses the Devil of Hell, "Mephisto, when I sailed th' seas o' th' material plane I captained a ship called th' Banshee. She was lost t' me when I was ambushed be some heroic folks. I wish upon ye t' return me ship t' me. But I wants it renewed t' everlastin' life. 'n th' souls o' me crew brought back t' forever scallywag th' ship. I also do nah wants t' be limited by jus' th' seas. I wants t' lay claim t' th' skys 'n every single plan o' existence. I wants everyone t' know me name. They shall fear it as long as I live!"

Mephisto lets a small smile cross his face and produces a glass bottle encasing a ship resembling Deglans fabled boat. Deglan accepts the gift and gives the devil a low bow in appreciation.

Deglan is too focused on his renewed ship to notice the others reveling in their own items. The Banshee meant everything to him and was truely his sole purpose in life. Sailing the seas and wreaking havoc upon whoever crossed his path was the most invigorating experience.

Mephisto breaks him out of his trance, pointing out a staircase the group can use to escape. "Those steps will take you to the surface. This prison is on Colothys, the fourth level of the plane of Carceri. It is no small task to enter or leave this place. Unless you possess such powers as mine, of course. I suggest you find your way off the summit of the mountain and find a trade route. Follow that to the nearest town and seek your egress there."

Deglan looks up from his ship and glances at Mephisto, "No need Devil. Once we are out in the open I shall call upon my ship and we will find out route. Though appreciate your generosity."

He bows once again to the monstrouse beast standing before him and then turns to Garrick who began speaking to the group, "Before we depart does anyone need any healing? We are about to enter the 4th level of Hell and I'd rather you all be healthy."

"Actually aye. This battle loot a slight toll on me 'n I could use a bit o' patchin' up. Frankly, I also needs some time t' get closely attuned t' me ship once again so if we can spare it that would be great."

He pauses for a moment, thinking, and then steps back from the group and address them all, "I guess 'tis about time t' brin' up that natter. As Mephy said," He stops and looks at Mephisto, "Me apologies I hope Mephy be alright wit' ye." Then goes back to address the group, "So as I was sayin', our great benefactor said that at th' top o' those stairs are our freedom. Now I wants t' ask ye all. Wha' will ye do wit' it? Are we t' part ways 'n go wreak havoc on our owns? Or do ye all wants t' stick together 'n brin' destruction t' all o' those who 'ave wronged us? Me ship will brin' us t' any plane o' existence. We can 'ave our revenge 'n we can conquer all that we desire." He stops and looks at each of his potential future companions, "Shall ye sail under th' banner o' th' Demon o' th' Sea?"
    Last edited by Relkin; 2017-12-07 at 10:40 PM.
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Nodding, Garrik takes a moment to walk to each of the others as they sit and begin a short rest. Laying hands on each of them individually he closes all their wounds, the healing energy flowing from him reminds him of his old company and the battles they faced. He says nothing, merely nods to each.

Spoiler: Feel goods
    Show
    Everyone's back to full health.

Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-12-08 at 07:09 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mephistopheles vanishes in a puff of brimstone, leaving you to rest and discuss your options.

You rest up and take the time to attune your new items. Studying the book, Naet finds the following spells:

Fire Bolt, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp, Detect Magic, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Detect Thoughts, Mirror Image, Misty Step, Counterspell, Fly, Lightning Bolt, Banishment, Fire Shield, Stoneskin, Cone Of Cold, Scrying, Wall Of Force, Globe Of Invulnerability, Teleport, Mind Blank, Time Stop
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Zuknar, The Untamed
    Level 9 Barbarian | AC:19 | Rage: 4/4 | HP: 105/105

Zuknar takes the healing, and then turns to Deglan. He tilts his head to the side, and looks the pirate up and for a moment. Not speaking, but seeming to try and come to a conclusion. The large barbarian then speaks up, his voice still changed, "I do not look for revenge for my demise. I tore the dwarven king from his pedastal and ripped his head off from his body.
    His people killed me, but not before I slaughtered many of them as well. I died a good death, and will not sully it with thought of revenge."
    He pauses, but continues soon after. "but conquering more lands does sound like fun to me. And I do need to put my new weapon to a test. Consider Zuknar the Untamed to be a part of your grisly crew,
    pirate. Until I tire of you all, anyway."
    Zuknar claps the pirate on the should, nearly knocking him over, and starts to walk out of their prison.....to freedom.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2017-12-08 at 10:20 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #268

RedWizardGuy

Deglan, Demon of the Sea
    Level 9 Monk | HP: 49/49 | AC: 15 | PP: 22

Accepts the healing as they are resting and then watches Zuknar walk over to him. Just now noticing the lost eye. He then looks Zuknar up and down, looking at his bloody thumb and then the bloody tip of his Axe. All the pieces of the puzzle as Deglan finally realizes that Zuknar plucked his own eye out. He didn't realize how engrossed in his ship he really was! "That's amazin'" he thinks to himself.

"Consider Zuknar the Untamed to be a part of your grisly crew, pirate. Until I tire of you all, anyway." Zuknar claps the pirate on the shoulder, nearly knocking him over, and starts to walk out of their prison.....to freedom. Deglan could barely keep himself up from the weight of the giant maw that landed on his shoulder. He watches as Zuknar makes his way towards the stairs. Deglan has always been surrounded by those weaker than him. His crew were pitiful and deserve their sentence for letting his ship sink. This time though, there is strength in the air around him. He knows this group is powerful and that excites him.

"Buckets o' blood shall rain from th' skys" he says out loud, to no one in particular, almost as a warning to the universe itself.
    Last edited by Relkin; 2017-12-08 at 10:42 AM.
    Games I DM

Games I Play In

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik remains seated, studying the sword he took from the knight likely to no avail and responds to the conversation. Though seemingly talking to no one in particular, "A good death. That is a good thing. Mine was not. I was betrayed. I watched them fall, one by one. I could not save her." There is a long pause and just when you think he was done talking, "I would have revenge, I know who betrayed me and I would find him, and kill him."

The statement is matter of fact. No emotion, no escalation as he tells it, just cold, hard, fact.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-12-08 at 11:14 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

30. - Top - End - #270

Level 9 Necromancer Wizard | Days Until Next Undead: 3/3 | HP: 71/75 | AC: 18

During the attunement session, Naet does unsettling amounts of math, using his (Crawling) clawed right hand to scratch equations, magic runes, and unsettling combinations of the two into the ground. Once he is attuned however, he begins to mutter softly under his breath. This continues for several seconds, and he uses his right hand to begin scratching a pentagram into the palm of his left, drawing blood. The moment the first drop hits the ground, the corpses begin to act strangely.

The skin on the casters heads begin to bubble and slough off, leaving only the skulls, burning with an eery green flame. Their hands begin to bend in unnatural ways, etching at the very wrists they are attached to, until eventually pulling enough flesh and muscle off to break free.

The captain and two of the knights slam their eyes open and look around for a moment, as if unsure as to where they are. They then collectively realize who animated them, and all bow their heads to Naet, place one knee on the ground, and hold a fist over their heart.

After all this is completed, Naet doubles over, cackling joyously. It takes him a solid 10 seconds to calm down, but he pipes up once he's able to breath. "I haven't felt this alive since I Animated my first Dead! I feel like killing something. What say we armor up and get the heck out of here now?" He says, glancing at the two Gravelock Wights. They rise, and begin to go down the line of undead, placing a pale blue shield on each of them. The Flameskulls at either of Naet's shoulders, the two skeletons, the zombie, and even the claws skittering around Naet's feet.

Meanwhile, the Zombie swaps his glaive for one of the Greatswords laying near the former Caster's corpses, and Naet gives an order to the wight made from the leader's corpse. "Tell me, what do you remember about what that sword you are wielding? It's far more than even the powerful magic on your armor and the other swords."

OOC: Damage from using ability: (1d4)[4]
    Last edited by Arenabait; 2017-12-09 at 02:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignimortis View Post
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?
    Do you want that sense of excitement when you find a magic item back**?

Then Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition is for you!

*Actually a fighter/rogue multiclass.
    **Might not apply to all campaigns. Enquire at your local DMs.