New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Default Is it possible? Full Magic Immunity?

Hello! I know that Magic is really Powerfull in Pathfinder especially in the Higher Lvls. Actually i did some extensive Research, on how to beat High Lvl Enemy Spellcasters without being one yourself, and there are very very few options that Work reliably.

Now i thought, Hey! What about a Character that is comepletly immune to Magic? He might not be able to kill a Wizard, but they won't pose a Threat to him either.
    So my Question now is: Does anyone have a build to get as close as one could get to full Magic Immunity?

LVls are allowed up to Lvl 20
    NO 3.5 Material, NO 3 Party contend, NO Path of War.
    Everything offcial Pathfinder Book is allowed.

I was just interested if it was possible, if someone has a functionall build.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Is it possible? Full Magic Immunity?

Awaken Construct, Major Mind Swap cast from a scroll so you can use UMD to pretend to be another race/species and your golem of choice.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Keep in mind that "magic immunity" isn't really magic immunity. It's just infinite SR, but any spell that's SR: No will still affect you.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

4. - Top - End - #4

Certain conjurations spells still affect golems

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eox View Post
    Awaken Construct, Major Mind Swap cast from a scroll so you can use UMD to pretend to be another race/species and your golem of choice.
    Even if you rule UMD works that way, Major Mind Swap is still SR: Yes and so the target golem's immunity will block it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

How do I keep forgetting SR exists

edit: Hold up, I think I got it

Quote Originally Posted by Building and Modifying Constructs
    Construct Armor

Requirements: Craft Construct, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, animate objects, the construct modified must be the same size as the creator

CR increase: +1

Cost: 35,000 gp

This modification allows the construct to be worn like armor by its creator. So long as the creator wears it, the construct performs no independent actions, remaining under the control of the creator, and any attacks directed at the wearer first damage the construct. When a construct is destroyed while serving as armor, the wearer loses all the benefits, but regains all the hindrances until the armor is removed, which takes the same amount of time that removing breastplate armor does. If the construct is still active, the creator can order the removal of the armor with a swift action, at which point the construct leaves the creator’s space and enters a space adjacent to the creator. Donning construct armor takes a full-round action if the construct is still active. The creator cannot don a construct with this modification if the construct has been destroyed. The construct’s wearer retains his base attacks and saves. Construct armor counts as breastplate armor for purposes of determining AC, weight, Dexterity modifiers to AC, and chance of arcane spell failure.
    Source is here, there's no index so I can't link directly to it
    Last edited by Eox; 2017-09-15 at 03:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Goblin

Well Thanks for the Answers, i was actually looking for a playable build.
    But good to know: Put a Psychic Bloodline Socerer into a Construct Armor and he will be unstoppable.
    EDIT:
    Actually, a Fighter with a Boatload of Money could just Purchase a Mithral Golem Construct Armor.
    Hell why didn't i think of that!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Footman; 2017-09-15 at 04:07 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

If you spring for an equal-size adamantine golem using the rules found here you can go hog wild

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You'd still not be truly magic proof, there's plenty of good SR:no spells and summons, buffs, etc. are entirely unaffected, the wizard can still have displacement and mirror image, in fact thanks you your magic immunity you can't get true seeing to counter those.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Spamalot in the Playground

Does construct armor give you the construct's immunity? Attacks have to damage it first, sure, but what about non-damaging spells? If you drink or inhale poison while wearing construct armor, what happens?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

All excellent questions and unfortunately there's no definitive answer. One would assume "attack" is defined somewhat like Invisibility does it, but there's still a 50/50 chance it's just attacks.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by edathompson2 View Post
    Certain conjurations spells still affect golems
    Pathfinder also printed this goodie.
    The +4 save bonus wasn't in the original printing, but constructs tend to have kind of bad wisdom anyway.

To answer OP, getting magic immunity only stops casters from wrecking your day with spells that have spell resistance. Spells that affect the environment like making pits or the wizard just flying while you can't are still going to give you a hard time, as is the wizard animating/creating/summoning/transmuting/enchanting/cajoling/baking/boiling/brazing stuff to beat you up.
    If any idiot ever tells you that life would be meaningless without death, Hyperion recommends killing them!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh yeah, you don't want to be a construct, because this spell exists.
    http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-sp...rol-construct/
    That's right, no save mind control and no clause preventing actions against your nature or suicidal actions.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Theoretically, "The construct cannot take independent actions" would prevent the mind control from working on the armour but most other construct disablers will still work.