New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [PTU] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath - Thread II

Spoiler: Ken and GM
    Show
    Her head tilted to the side as she heard him mention eggs. Plural? She shot her eyes up and down at him, "Eggs? You have multiple? Are you some kind of breeder, Mr...how rude of me. I forgot to introduce myself," she noted, holding her hand out to him to shake, "My name is Aegwynn. My Clauncher Humar is quite the pokemon. I have to ask, what is inside of these eggs?" she queried, her curious little mind racing as she tried to determine if this is really what she wanted to do.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: GM
    Show
    "See, he gets it." Marie says, uncrossing and then crossing her legs again and reclines against her backpack. "I'm tired, you battle em."

The boy rolls his eyes and stands up. "I'm Bryce, and if you beat Pewter's Gym, I wouldn't sweat the Cerulean Challenge." He says with a sour expression. "I'm still up for a doubles if you want." he offers as he circles the center towards the dirt court.
    "You from Cerulean? Or have you already challenged the gym?" He asks, curiosity tinging his voice.

"Yeah, sounds good. You gonna be alright though? It'd be a two on one if your friend doesn't want to join in but that does mean you get to use four pokemon."

Tyson takes another look at the redhead before waving goodbye to her. "Later lumberlady!" His Pikachu emulates the gesture.

3. - Top - End - #33

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Goal-Oriented motivation(Cassandra and GM)
    Show
    ANOTHER GUY?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

He's a dead man...

Spoiler: Texting Gen (GM)
    Show
    Sounds great! Can't wait to meet him. One more night in Pewter and it's off to Cerulean after I battle the gym. Be safe, I will see you soon.

"Hey Cass, lets get a move on! I think I want to hit the gym tonight." Lennox says putting a way his dex and walking with renewed purpose.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

4. - Top - End - #34

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Aegwynn and GM
    Show

Slight Time Warping

As Ken receives the ball from the kid, he scans it. "That's a pretty cool one, I'll take good care of her. Thank you!" He waves as he goes to wait for Aegwynn to finish her negotiations. In his mind he was considering who all would make up his team for the gym battle. In fact, he realized he hadn't let Zippo wander around on his shoulder today.

He took the bright crimson ball off his belt and called out his partner Pokemon, picking him up and placing him on his usual perch. "Sorry about that buddy, it's been go go go today for the most part. You ready to train up some and hit the gym with all we got?" Zippo chirped in response, it sounded happy like a positive response. "Tell you what, we'll take them on tomorrow after we take on a battle or two in town. You'll get to see Gin in action. Possibly Cicero too, though we gotta see how Midoriya works out." He was lost in thought. It was weird, he didn't usually feel the fire shrew's weight on his shoulder. "You're starting to get pretty big and strong eh buddy? Let's introduce you to the newest team member here when she gets back.

The pair wait patiently off to the side.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: Lennox and GM
    Show
    "When I was walking back from the shop to the Pokemon Center it took me almost an hour. It way too late to start walking there now. It's probably closed anyway. Let's sleep in a real bed for the first time this week and do all that stuff tomorrow," Cassandra says as they walk into town.

As they enter the Center, Cassandra heads straight back into the hostel area. Her team was at full health, so she had no need to drop them off at the nurses' station. She sets her backpack down beside one of the beds and takes a long, hot shower. Her head hits the pillow, and she's asleep.

The next day

A ray of sunshine hits Cassandra's face and wakes her. The sun was already up?! "So much for temple training," she sighs to herself. "I guess I slept really well." She lays in bed a few moments longer before gets up to start her day.

After breakfast and morning training for her team, Cassandra will start heading for the Occultwerks.

PokeSpotting on the way to the Occultwerks: 16

Spoiler: Training!
    Show

Reks to level 16
    Hat to level 12
    Ronin to level 12
    Tokka to level 11
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-09-21 at 03:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: All But Tyson
    Show
    "Fine." Lennox says, following Cass back to the center. "I need to think on some things anyway. I'll message the others."
    Spoiler: Message to the Youngsters. (Ken and Aegwynn)
    Show
    Hey guys,
    Me and Cass are back in town. We're gonna turn in for the night and Rest Up. I'll probably battle the Gym Leader tomorrow but I may have some 'Mon to trade if your interested. Let me know.

Later,
    L

Once back at the center I get my team checked out and visit the PC to Set my Newest roster:

Tazer - Pichu
    D.W. - Drilbur
    Slash - Teddiursa
    Tonka - Phanpy
    Rose - Snubbull
    Boomer - Geodude

With the New roster set Lennox makes his way to the Court. To find a worthy chump.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Ken and Aegwynn:
    Show

Aegwynn:

"Names are pretty, but ultimately useless, if you must call me something, let it be... Os." The man offers. "As for the eggs, I have no idea what they are, I found a handful in an untended cardboard box in an alley, I've just cleaned them up a bit and am trying to find them a good home."

Spoiler: Tyson:
    Show

Bryce nods, "Both of us, actually, and while we probably could've picked up our first badge there, League Regulations still prevent anyone from acquiring a Badge in the city they began their journey from." He smirks "Two on one shouldn't be a problem."

Marie doesn't answer, just settles further down into her pack and stares at the darkening sky.

He takes his place at the far side of the court and removes 2 pokeballs from his belt. "Well, let's get started." He says as he lobs them into the field.
    Lucille rears back and bullets a pokeball right next to the incoming pokemon.

Spoiler: Choose a Pokemon before opening
    Show

Lucille spits out a curse as everyone's pokemon emerge. Gramps is right on top of a strange, Jellyfish creature struggling to hold itself up and a Cubone!

Initiative!

19 - Lucille
    15 - Tyson
    9 - Frillish
    7 - Cubone

Spoiler: Cassandra and Lennox
    Show

Cassandra
    Meanwhile, in the Future

As you travel through the city to the Occultwerks, you see the normal assortment of urban pokemon, pidgey, ratatta, murkrow, spearow, moving garbage bags and ambulatory piles of sludge. you spy a yellow and black ovoid pokemon digging through a dumpster behind an electronic store as well.

You reach Sam and Dean's without trouble.

Lennox:
    Meanwhile, last night.

It's well past nightfall by the time you reach the courts. the place is practically deserted. Three hooded figures stand in the center of one of the three lit courts. You see a girl in a jogger's outfit stretching at a bench nearby one of the other lit courts, the third is deserted.

8. - Top - End - #38

Spoiler: (Lennox and GM) Text message response last night!
    Show
    I have a few for trade, an ant, a scrappy little fighter, a jumpy pig, and a lobster. Let me know if any of those interest you, and make me an offer. I’ll be at the trading post tomorrow morning after training!

Show
    Aegwynn gave a quick nod as she listened to his story. She shifted from side to side on her feet, a tad bit indecisive, “I’ll think about it, sir. At the moment, I think I’ll hold onto my Clauncher, but if I change my mind, I imagine I can find you here?” She thought a bit more after asking her question, “Though I suppose that’s entirely reliant on you having eggs still. Still, I need some time to think it over.” she told him before wandering off to find one more person to barter with.

Aegwynn makes a bee-line over to the lovely young lady in the sun dress, making this her last stop until she feels that perhaps that the trading post might not be quite what she’s looking for. She introduces herself to the woman, “Hey there, I’m here to trade a few Pokémon. If any of them interest, you, let me know!” She presented her Pokémon after her jovial greeting, showing off all four of them.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-09-22 at 06:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Aegwynn, Cassandra, and GM
    Show
    "Looking good guys!" Lennox said addressing his squadron. "I cannot wait to-". Lennox looks at his vibrating 'Dex
    to see a message from Aegwynn.
    Quote Originally Posted by MashPotatoJones View Post
    Spoiler: (Lennox and GM) Text message response last night!
    Show
    I have a few for trade, an ant, a scrappy little fighter, a jumpy pig, and a lobster. Let me know if any of those interest you, and make me an offer. I’ll be at the trading post tomorrow morning after training!
    "jumpy pig"... what the-
    Spoiler: Text to Aegwynn
    Show
    Sounds good We'll check it later. I'm on my way to the courts.

"Lets go gang. Let's show the world what we an do."

At the courts

Seeing the Young lady in the Jogging out fit and the the Hooded figures Lennox will shout to both Parties:

You guys wanna battle? I need to work up some mon.

10. - Top - End - #40

AssassinGuy

Show

Spoiler: Text from Last Night: Lennox
    Show

Glad you both made it, I have a Shroomish and a Zigzagoon up for trade. Maybe a Pansear but debating over it. I’ll be at the trade post tomorrow and then the courts.

As Ken watched Aegwynn walk between the trainers at the post, he remembered he really needed the extra training. He approached his companion as she was between other traders, taking care not to interrupt a current negotiation.

“Hey Aegwynn, I’m going to go ahead on to the Center and switch my roster then head to the courts. Any updates on our poster?” He would make note of the time and listen to her response, noting where to go if she mentioned when and where. “See you at the courts!” He and Zippo waved as they walked back towards the Pokémon Center, keeping an eye open for any wild Pokémon they might see.

As they approached the Center, Ken recalled Zippo. “It’s only for a couple minutes buddy, just the rules of the place.” As he clipped the crimson ball back on his belt he got in the queue for the storage system. He traded in the Zigzagoon for Aibi, and Cicero for Midoriya. As he exited he called Zippo back out to his shoulder and looked again for wild Pokémon as he made his way to the courts. While he knew most would want to wager, he was in this for the battle experience.

11. - Top - End - #41

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Savage Starter
    Show
    He takes his place at the far side of the court and removes 2 pokeballs from his belt. "Well, let's get started." He says as he lobs them into the field.

Lucille rears back and bullets a pokeball right next to the incoming pokemon.
    Tyson lifts up his shirt and runs his hand along his belt until it rests on his chosen pokeball.

Here goes nothing!

"Vile c'mon out!" The grass type emerges from it's pokeball and looses a growl as it shakes the budding flower on it's back. "You can wait and watch with me Nimbus." Tyson says to the yellow mouse.

Lucille spits out a curse as everyone's pokemon emerge. Gramps is right on top of a strange, Jellyfish creature struggling to hold itself up and a Cubone!
    So she went with Gramps and this guy's got a Cubone and a...Tentacool? Far from optimal but we can work with this.

"Vile, tear'em apart! Razor Leaf!"

Spoiler: Actions and Attack
    Show
    Tyson uses Focused Orders on Vile!
    Vile's Accuracy increased by +2!

Vile's Razor Leaf: 20! (16 after AC vs Physical or Speed Evasion, 18 on originally on dice. It's a Critical Hit!)

http://orokos.com/roll/552574

Vile will shift to use Razor Leaf so that it catches both the Frillish and Cubone in the Cone 2 if possible without hitting Gramps.

Razor Leaf Damage: 66 Grass Physical vs Defense, It's Super Effective!

http://orokos.com/roll/552576

OOC: That Critical Hit though!

Initiative!

19 - Lucille
    15 - Tyson
    15 - Vile
    9 - Frillish
    7 - Cubone

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    The sight of the yellow and black pokemon in the dumpster makes Cassandra pause. "Come on out Yojimbo," she says, tossing out his pokeball at the mouth of the alley. She points the sword toward the pokemon in the dumpster. Yojimbo's eye opens and his scabbard slides down to reveal an inch of his blade.

Yojimbo's Initiative is 3

Spoiler: If the Elekid runs away
    Show
    If the Elekid attempts to run away, Yojimbo will use Pursuit as an interrupt.
    To Hit: 3, still hits because of No Guard
    Damage: 33, Physical Dark

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Ken and Aegwynn:
    Show

Aegwynn
    The weird egg dude makes a 'who knows' shrug and goes back to dealing out his tarot cards.

The Sundress lady offers you a Spinda in exchange for Spoink.

Ken:
    Spoiler: ken ooc:
    Show

I wouldn't be offering that shroomish to party members, since you traded it for Roggenrola.

You arrive at the courts and find a half dozen trainers loitering around. half of the courts are occupied by ongoing battles.

There's a kid, definitely too young to be a league trainer, standing off to the side, looking at everybody all wide-eyed
    There's a heavyset guy in a blue shirt thumbing through his pokedex
    There's an older woman in a dress talking with a dark skinned gentleman that has a series of magnemite orbiting overhead
    There's a younger guy in a karate gi doing push ups while keeping a conversation up with a guy wearing a fishing vest.

Spoiler: Lennox:
    Show

The jogger chick shakes her head and jogs off into the night. The hoods turn and face you, but don't say anything.

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

The Elekid pokes its head up out of the dumpster and sees Yojimbo. Electricity crackles up it's head-spurs and lashes out at the sword.

Yojimbo has Initative

Spoiler: ooc/mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Elekid uses Shockwave on Yojimbo! It critically Hit!
    Yojimbo takes 50 Electric Damage vs Special Defense!

Initiative:
    19 - Elekid
    6 - Cassandra
    3 - Yojimbo

Show

The torrent of leaves slices the Cubone and jellyfish thing to ribbons and they collapse in a bloody heap. Gramps visibly sighs in relief. Bryce's eyes bug out at the double shut-down but rallies quickly and throws his next 2 pokemon into the ring. A purple and ochre cat and a strange blue creature with a white, frilled, bony cap on it's skull emerge.

The Cat yowls and a trickle of energy leaks from Gramps to the cat. The blue pokemon unleashes a massive burst of flame at Vile, but it's aim is off and the attack goes wide. Gramps huffs up and spews a circle of fire around the cat, pinning it in place within the flames.

The Cat yowls again, and a gust of wind spools up around the cat and it shoots way up into the air, trailing flame.

ooc: Vile has initiative.

Show

Cubone is OHKO'd
    Frillish is OHKO'd

Liepard is sent in, Liepard uses Assist! Liepard uses Absorb on Gramps
    Bagon used Incinerate on Vile, BUT IT MISSED

Gramps used Fire Spin on Liepard, Liepard was trapped in a vortex

Initative Resets!

Liepard used Assist, Liepard used fly! Liepard took damage from the flames

Initiative!
    21 -Liepard
    19 - Lucille
    15 - Tyson
    15 - Vile
    10 - Bagon
    1 - Gramps

Last edited by big teej; 2017-09-22 at 05:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: GM(Cruising for Bruising)
    Show
    "What about you guys?" Lennox asks, walking over to them. "You up for a Battle or no? I'm trying to work into shape for this Gym battle."

15. - Top - End - #45

Show
    Before Ken heads to the Courts...

“Yeah, we’re set to meet him at the Pokémon Center at 4:30 this afternoon.” she responded before parting ways with Ken. She made sure to set herself a reminder in her Pokédex. She didn’t want to miss out on the reward for, hopefully, a job well done.

Spoiler: GM Only
    Show
    She shifted from side to side, thinking a moment, “How strong is the little teeter-bear?” She asked before just shaking her head, her snow-white hair shaking and catching the morning sun, “On second thought, I think my team already has the spot a Spinda would take filled. Thank you though for showing it to me! It’s a very neat Pokémon!”

She kept wandering through the trading post, nibbling on her lower lip before making her way finally over to the gentlemen in the brown track suit. She waved politely, a smile upon her face as she pulled the four poke balls free from her belt, “Good morning! I have some Pokémon for trade, if you’d like to take a look!” she chirped in a jovial tone.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    Yojimbo vibrates and twitches as the electricity courses through him. Once the attack is concluded, the sword lashes out and slices the Elekid across the chest. Cassandra throws a Pokeball into the fray, hoping to catch the electric-type before it can get off another devastating attack.

Yojimbo gains two injuries! One in Spec. Def, one in Speed

Yojimbo uses "tackle"!
    To Hit: 6
    Damage: 28,Normal Physical

Cassandra throws a pokeball! She is trainer level 5, using a normal ball
    Hit?: 9
    Catch?!: ...97...

17. - Top - End - #47

AssassinGuy

Show

At the trading post...

Ken takes out his Pokedex as Aegwynn tells him the time and sets a reminder. "4:30 at the Pokemon Center, got it. See you there or the courts first!"

Show

At the courts......

Ken is caught by surprise at the number of people waiting to battle and socializing. His first battle hadn't gone so well and even then he was pretty much out of money until Aegwynn and him got paid, assuming they found the right heavyball. His eyes darter from trainer to trainer. "Looks like we have a good number to choose from, eh buddy?" Zippo chirped in his ear.

Ken thought about the kid and how nervous they probably were. He was pretty nervous his first time around the courts too when he was younger. "Hey Zippo, let's help the kid with his nerves a bit. We can take on someone else right after." Zippo looked at the kid and chirped a bit. As Ken walked up he smiled. "Hey how's it going? You here to watch everyone or get in some practice early on? If you'd like we could have a quick match for fun. Say one each?" Ken will wait on the kid's response before moving on to another potential battle partner.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Zippo (Cyndaquil) is at level 14, usually evolving at 15.
    Also the Perception roll you told me to bank, what*do I do with that?
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-09-23 at 12:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Test your Luck! - GM
    Show
    The torrent of leaves slices the Cubone and jellyfish thing to ribbons and they collapse in a bloody heap. Gramps visibly sighs in relief. Bryce's eyes bug out at the double shut-down but rallies quickly and throws his next 2 pokemon into the ring. A purple and ochre cat and a strange blue creature with a white, frilled, bony cap on it's skull emerge.
    "Way to lay into'em Vile! Keep it up!"

And here's the reserves... The cat seems familiar. Never seen the other one before.

The Cat yowls and a trickle of energy leaks from Gramps to the cat. The blue pokemon unleashes a massive burst of flame at Vile, but it's aim is off and the attack goes wide. Gramps huffs up and spews a circle of fire around the cat, pinning it in place within the flames.

The Cat yowls again, and a gust of wind spools up around the cat and it shoots way up into the air, trailing flame.
    Tyson's eyes go wide in disbelief as he watches the cat soar into the air. "Yo Lucille, you seein' this!?"

I suppose there's nothin' I can do to stop it unless...

"Vile, bring it in! Roulette, send that cat flying with a Gust!" The ninja boy recalls his Ivysaur and subs in his Tranquill who unleashes a fierce gust of wind upon release.

Spoiler: Actions and Attack
    Show
    Tyson uses his standard and shift actions for a full switch! (Vile for Roulette)

Roulette activates Rivalry (Bagon) as a Free Action!
    Roulette gained +1 CS in Attack, Defense, and Sp. Attack!

Roulette's Gust Attack: 20! (18 after AC vs Special or Speed Evasion, Gust has no limit to range due to Fly)

http://orokos.com/roll/552815

Gust Damage: 67 Flying Special vs Special Defense

http://orokos.com/roll/552819

Initiative!
    21 -Liepard
    19 - Lucille
    17 - Roulette
    15 - Tyson
    10 - Bagon
    1 - Gramps

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lennox:
    Show

A slight breeze ruffles the yawning hoods of the three people. Now that you're closer, one is curvy enough to likely be a female, the other two are likely men, judging by their builds. They nod in unison at your challenge and turn and head towards the other side of the court. The lights overhead flicker and they seem to traverse the entire distance during the momentary blackness. The woman steps into the trainer bracket and removes a pokeball from her hoodie.

Spoiler: Aegwynn:
    Show

The guy in the tracksuit examines your offerings, but shakes his head, "Doesn't look like anything I need on my team."

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

The Elekid reels back in the trash from Yojimbo's attack. It crackles with electricity again and blasts Yojimbo.

Show

Elekid used Shockwave! Yojimbo took 34 Electric Damage vs. Special Defense

19 - Elekid
    6 - Cassandra
    3 - Yojimbo

Cassandra and Yojimbo have initiative

Spoiler: Ken:
    Show

ooc: use it in place of a perception roll sometime before this thread ends.

The kid tries for tough, but fails "Y-yeah, sure thing, you bet, you're on!, lets do this." He strides awkwardly to the nearest open court and pulls a ball from his pocket.

Spoiler: Select a Pokemon before opening
    Show

The kid lobs the ball out onto the court, it lands well short of the halfway point. A spherical blue and white pokemon with a black tail ending in another blue sphere emerges, it squeals delightedly.

Show

ooc: I decided to sidestep the death issue by taking advantage of the other TM that liepard has.

Lucille stares up at the liepard in the sky and says "No." in a flat voice.

The dust-devil Roulette has gusted up envelops the liepard, who yowls (again!) and is enveloped by a tessellated sphere of energy. It's blue, groundbound partner spews another blast of flame towards Roullette, who rolls out of the way. Gramps sighs again and unleashes a 2nd circle of clinging flame at the dragon.

The sky-cat shrieks like a banshee and dives down on Roulete, raking it's claws down her flank

Show

Liepard uses Protect! Gust is nullified!
    Bagon used Incinerate, but it missed!
    Gramps used Fire Spin on Bagon!
    Liepard lost a tick of HP from the vortex
    Bagon lost a tick of HP from the vortex!

initiative resets
    Liepard used fly!
    Roulette takes 34 damage vs. Defense!

Roulette has initiative.

20. - Top - End - #50

Show
    Aegwynn slumps a little, but it's understood that not everyone will want the Pokemon that you're offering. She nodded when she heard the guy in the track suit before moseying her way over to the couple with the tackle box and the fishing poles. She once again made her offer to them, showing them the lobster, the bouncy swine, the scrappy fighter, and the metal ant, hoping that one of them would pique their interest.

For the sake of moving Aegwynn along...

After wrapping up any negotiations she had going on at the trading post, she would meander her way back to the Pokemon Center, checking her watch as she arrived. There, she would finalize her team, the six she had trained this morning. She spent some time working with them all, using her skills as a Mentor to get them ready for any challenges she may have ahead of her. She really spent the most time with Elding, working on a new technique with him, the little thunda-bug chittering delightfully with all the attention it seemed to be getting!

Aegwynn used Mentor to have Elding spend 1TP to learn Electroweb!

She nodded softly as she felt like she had a few winners. The courts seem like a good idea, that's where Ken had gone after all. But the allure of the Gym seemed to make an itch in the back of her mind that she felt like the courts just couldn't scratch. Teeth sank into bottom lip before she checked her watch again, knowing she needed to be back here at 4:30 to complete the job with the Heavy Ball. If she had the time, she would make her way to the Gym, 'I think it's time to see what I'm made of...' she thought as she plodded her way to the Pokemon League establishment.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

ooc: I appreciate the effort, but we can't really fast forward to the gym when your roster could potentially change.

The fisher couple get excited about potentially acquiring a Clauncher, they offer a level 12 Psyduck in exchange.

22. - Top - End - #52

Show
    Aegwynn mulls it all over. Psyduck is a solid pokemon, but she felt like Staryu really fills that spot better on her team. She thanks the couple for their time, but Psyduck just doesn't seem to fit all that well into her team as it is right now. She feels her time at the trading post is through, and proceeds to leave, heading to the Pokemon Center to redeposit the pokemon and pick up the four from her team she trained earlier this morning.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-09-25 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Forgot spoiler tag...

23. - Top - End - #53

AssassinGuy

Show

Ken gives the kid a thumbs up and follows him to a court. “Alright let’s do this Aria!” Ken love her ball into the court and the tiny bird begins zipping around.

Ken takes a look as the spherical Pokémon appears from the kid. “That’s a pretty cool looking one.”

PokeManiac: 15

“Alright Aria, use Quick Attack!” Aria zips around, barreling into the blue Pokémon.

Aria uses Quick Attack!
    To Hit: 20
    [URL=http://orokos.com/roll/553333[/URL] 37 v Def
    OOC: Quick Attack is a priority move

Initiative:
    Aria:12
    Ken: 7

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

You find the gym without incident. It looks... New? Like it'd recently been renovated. There is a large set of boxing gloves molded over the front doors, and in the courtyard are three big statues, twice as tall as you, at least. A Machamp, a Sawk, and a Hitmonchan. There's a nice big sign that reads
    WELCOME TO PEWTER CITY GYM
    OUR POKEMON PACK A PUNCH!

Inside, you are overcome with the nauseating combined stench of disinfectant, seat, and body odor. This gym is, literally, a gym. Pokemon and trainers are working with weights, sparring with each other, and attacking punching bags and dummy targets all around. Almost all of the trainers are wearing martial artist gi's. There is a receptionist... sort of. A large, burly, lantern jawed, fellow with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth sits behind the front desk. He's wearing a tight fitting red tank-top and dark blue sweatpants.

He looks up at you and growls. "Whatcha need? Come to train?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Ken
    Show

The tiny blue ball rallies quickly from Aria's speedy attack, and she nimbly dodges away from the gouts of water it sends back her way.

Show

Aria's Quick Attack resolves
    Enemy Marill used Water Gun! it missed!
    Initiative Resets!
    Enemy Marill used Water Gun! it missed!

Aria has initative

26. - Top - End - #56

Show
    Aegwynn must have seemed so out of place, a small, short, snow-white haired telekinetic in the middle of a fighting type Gym. She was somewhat startled by the receptionist...man? He was big, a somewhat intimidating figure, "Ummm, no sir. I've come to challenge the Gym. Should I fail at that endeavor, then I will stay to train I suppose...after a visit to the Pokemon Center." she fretted. This place seemed to have some kind of familiarity...did it have any association with the Fighting 'Gym' that was in Saffron?

General Ed: 14

She presented her Pokedex which had her trainer ID to the man, "This will be my first badge should I manage to claim victory." she said to him, though he would probably be able to gather that when he would check her ID. She nervously shifted her weight from side to side, waiting to see where he told her to go.

27. - Top - End - #57

AssassinGuy

Show

Aria bobs and weaves, nimbly dodges the fishes of water. “Hey you’re pretty good! Once more Aria!” Aria dives again at the Marill, slamming into it once again.

Aria uses Quick Attack!
    To Hit: 14
    Damage: 21 v Def
    OOC: Quick Attack takes priority.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

Spoiler: General Edu
    Show

To your knowledge, there is no connection between the Saffron and Pewter fighting gyms, aside from their type.

"I am Gym Trainer Mountain." The 'receptionist' informs you. He stands up from the desk, chest, shoulders, and head taller than you. "Come with me." He says. He hits a big yellow and black striped button on the wall as he walks from the reception area to the main floor. Red flashing lights descend from the ceiling and a klaxon blares. anyone working in the middle of the gym quickly moves out to the sides. A section of the floor opens up and moves apart, a platform rising up from beneath the gym. The platform has what looks like a boxing ring on it.

After the platform locks into place, Coach Mountain leads you to the ring and takes up a hammer and strikes at a bell three times.

A decrepit, bald old man with a snowy white beard that hangs to his chest, wearing dark glasses, a seaside shirt, green shorts, and sandals, walking with the aid of a staff appears from deeper within the gym. He limps over to your side of the ring and bows to you, his back cracks loudly. “so…” he says with a scratchy voice. “You thought you could just waltz in here and fight me eh? Heh heh heh heh… what badge is this for you girl? Hm? Heh heh heh heh.”

Spoiler: Ken:
    Show

ooc: for once, the dice have favored you, I haven't rolled above a 4 since you challenged this kid.

The ovoid swells up and spews an arctic blast laced with shards of ice at Aria, who, again, ducks out of the way effortlessly.

Initiative Resets

Spoiler: if you don't use Quick Attack
    Show

Marril uses Water Gun! Aria takes 18 Water damage vs. Defense!

29. - Top - End - #59

AssassinGuy

Show

Aria continues to zip around the court and the Marill as it tries in vain to hit her. If I had a water type, that might be the one... Ken thinks to himself. “Ok Aria, once again!” Aria resumes her speedy assault on the rotund water mouse, but misses horribly.

Aria uses Quick Attack!
    To Hit: 1

30. - Top - End - #60

Show
    Aegwynn politely bowed back to him as he lowered his head, responding to his inquiries, "Y...yes sir...I mean...I thought that's what the Gym Challenge was all about," she stammered nervously before answering his other inquiry, "This would be my first, sir." she confided. She was rather polite to her elders. She was raised in a household where sir and ma'am were proper things to say when answering questions from her parents. Of course they would always be mommy and daddy to her, but if they had a genuine and sincere question, she was taught to always answer thusly.

She maintained a composed posture, though anytime she spoke her wavering voice betrayed this facade of confidence she had erected around herself, "I look forward to facing you in a Gym match, sir. It would be my honor to give you everything I've got!" she belted out, trying to keep herself from shaking. Why was she so nervous!? This is what being a Pokemon trainer was all about...could it be because this would be her first time throwing her Pokemon out against another trainer? Perhaps...she had only fought wild pokemon since leaving Pallet. Was she a fool for choosing the Gym Leader as her first foray into Pokemon Battles? Only time could answer such a question...