Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [PTU] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath - Thread II

Spoiler: Rocky Road
    Show
    The Ascent - Morning Day 3

Spoiler: Athletics
    Show

The pace Lucille sets is, grueling, to say the least. Once you reach the mountain, you detour from the tunnel that passes through to Cerulean and begin to climb, there isn't a trail, just slightly lesser inclines that crawl up further up the rock face. you manage to cut up your knees and hands pretty good climbing past rocks and the like when the loose path you follow disappears entirely.
    "There goes the last sign of civilization..." Tyson remarks as the pair of trainers pass the tunnel entrance.

Damn... I take a break from training myself for a few weeks and suddenly this feels a lot harder than it should be.

OOC: Tyson's loses 1 CS in Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense.

Lucille, a bit too focused on moving quickly and scanning for pokemon rather than scanning the ground at her feet, manages to turn her ankle about 2 hours into the trip... it doesn't seem to slow her down much. The only indication you have that it's bothering her is every so often a rock will skid away from her feet and she'll hiss in pain.
    "Hey Lucille, I know we've got a pace to keep but try not to overdo it. We've only got each other to rely on right now and I'd rather not see you get hurt when we're just getting started. Same goes for me... My hands are hurting already honestly." He smiles in reaffirmation of his words but also to veil his concern for Lucille's condition.

Midday - Day 3

You pass several geodude as you ascend, most of them are content to lounge in the sun after seeing that you are a mere fleshy creature.
    "Do you think Geodude sunbathe in order to store the energy they to float?" Tyson asks aloud. "Elliot says that so far research into the phenomenon is inconclusive."

It's near lunch time when an echoing roar draws your attention away from where you're putting your feet. A massive boulder-serpent writhes and smashes itself against the mountainside. It's ravages throw up clouds of grit and rumble through the earth, you can faintly make out a handful of smaller pokemon scampering about on it's body. Whatever's going on, it's thankfully several hundred yards away.
    "...You hear that?" The shinobi surveys the area in search of the sound and immediately finds the pokemon responsible. "It's an Onix! I've never seen one in person before..." He watches in awe of the raw power of the stone serpent.

Tyson attempts to register the Onix in his pokedex and calls out Kasumi. "Let's stop for a second, I gotta go after this one." He says to Lucille.

"Hey Kasumi, I really need your help. You're the only pokemon I have that I can rely on to catch that." Tyson points to the Onix in the distance. "I need you in range to hit it with a Water Pulse when I give the signal. We don't know what other pokemon are out there so you gotta stay sharp, understand?"

After instructing his partner Tyson will begin to traverse the mountainside in silence with Kasumi in tow, attempting to stay out the rock snakes field of vision.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Tyson's Stealth: 11

http://orokos.com/roll/554015

Art of Stealth activates!
    Tyson activates Genjutsu! The ninja boy creates the illusion of a boulder in his place! (A wild Vanilla Ice appeared! "Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go! Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!")

Kasumi's Stealth: 24

http://orokos.com/roll/554016

The young shinobi will only stop his advance if spotted or when he moves into throwing range and Kasumi's Water Pulse. If undetected he will try to identify the pokemon surrounding the serpent with his pokedex (still silenced) if possible.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-09-29 at 07:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: GM
    Show
    Cassandra wrinkles her nose as she enters the Gym. It... stinks, to put it simply. There were so many smells she wasn't use to, all in one place. Perhaps this wasn't the best idea...

"Hello sir," she says to the 'receptionist'. "I'm here to challenge the Gym. It'll be my first badge."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

ooc: Players are reminded that while they possess a basic pokedex, they are free to petition the GM for specific applications they would like to purchase and add onto the device.

Spoiler: Aegwynn:
    Show

the continued aquatic assault has put the mienfoo on it's very last legs, it staggers forward, slapping at Stjarna, finally finding the pattern in its duck and weave.

Spoiler: ooc/mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Enemy Mienfoo used Double Slap!
    It hit 3 Times!
    Stjarna takes 29 Normal Damage vs. Defense!

Stjarna has initiative!

Spoiler: Lennox and Ken:
    Show

Lennox:
    The guy stretches before rolling off the bench to his feet. "Sure, sounds good." He saunters over to the open court and lobs his two openers into the field. You can hear people taking side bets on the outcome of your fight as his pokemon emerge.

One is a beedrill which hovers menacingly over your pokemon, before swooping towards Tazer. The other is ... a grey spiked egg? The beedrill runs one of it's spikes into Tazer's gut as it flies by.

Show

Enemy Beedrill used Fury Attack!
    it only hit once!
    Tazer takes 24 Normal Damage vs. Defense!

Quake and Tazer have initiative!

Initiative!
    12 - Enemy Beedrill
    11 - Lennox
    10 - Tazer
    5 - Quake
    3 - Enemy ???

Ken:

The spring-legged pokemon hisses in pain and rips the barb from its shoulder. It squats down before leaping at Gin, feet first. This time kicking Gin full in the body before landing lightly on it's feet.

Show

Enemy ??? used Jump Kick!
    Gin took 48 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!

Gin has initiative
    ooc: check your math on hp loss. Gin's HP before this attack doesn't seem to line up with how much damage he's taken.

Spoiler: Tyson:
    Show

"Nothing more than growing pains." Lucille breathes out in something approaching her normal cocky tone. Lucille pauses when you mention the geodude. "Could be, I dunno, all my research has been into raising and battling pokemon, not figuring out .... how they do..." she grimaces "what they do. I dunno, maybe they're just lazy?"

Advancing on Onix
    ooc: for some reason, it felt wrong to advance you from several hundred yards away to 'in combat'

You, along with Kasumi, are able to 'sneak' across the intervening distance in a little under 10. By the time you reach the area where the onix is struggling against it's now more visible tormentors, it is clearly exhausted and beaten. Two mankey still crawl over it, strike at the joins bewteen the boulders that make up it's rocky body. There are several bloodstains marking the hillside and the onix's body, perhaps indicating where it successfully rid itself of a karate monkey.

It roars again and throws itself down on the rocky mountainside once more. The mankey both scamper around and avoid being caught underneath it. None of the combatants seemed to have noticed you or Kasumi

Spoiler: Initiative!
    Show

If you and Kasumi decide to participate, you will get a surprise round.

Spoiler: Cassandra:
    Show

"I am Gym Trainer Mountain." The 'receptionist' informs you. He stands up from the desk, chest, shoulders, and head taller than you. "Come with me." He says. He hits a big yellow and black striped button on the wall as he walks from the reception area to the main floor. Red flashing lights descend from the ceiling and a klaxon blares. anyone working in the middle of the gym quickly moves out to the sides. A section of the floor opens up and moves apart, a platform rising up from beneath the gym. The platform has what looks like a boxing ring on it.

After the platform locks into place, Coach Mountain leads you to the ring and takes up a hammer and strikes at a bell three times.

A decrepit, bald old man with a snowy white beard that hangs to his chest, wearing dark glasses, a seaside shirt, green shorts, and sandals, walking with the aid of a staff appears from deeper within the gym. He limps over to your side of the ring and bows to you, his back cracks loudly. “so…” he says with a scratchy voice. “You thought you could just waltz in here and fight me eh? Heh heh heh heh… what badge is this for you girl? Hm? Heh heh heh heh.”

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: GM Only: This one's still got some fight left in it yet!
    Show
    Stjarna reels back, looking a little worse for wear, but still ready and raring to go! Aegwynn cheered on her Pokemon, "Come on Stjarna, you can do it. I cannot be too much more. Looks like it's on its last legs. Give it all you got! BUBBLEBEAM!" Aegwynn's shouting reached her Pokemon, its arms stiffening before it spun up and unleashed yet another torrent of bubbles, though just ever so slightly faltering in strength as the battle was now taking its toll on it as well. Aegwynn thrust both fists in the air in a one-two punching motion as she encouraged her Staryu, "Bob and weave! Keep it from landing another strike on you and you've got this!"

Stjarna launches another Bubblebeam at Enemy Mienfoo!
    Attack Roll: 11
    Damage Roll: 30 Water Damage vs. Special Defense

Aegwynn issues Agility Training as an Order. Stjarna gains +2 EVA.
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-09-29 at 10:20 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    Cassandra bows back deeply to the old man. "My name is Cassandra Kelani. This will be my first badge."

Once the old man is ready, she will throw Reks out on to the field. The Nidorino looks around at where he is and his ears flare as he takes it in. Thick purple venom begins to leak from his barbed spines as he snarls a challenge at whatever Pokemon the Gym Leader throws out.

His Intiative is 5

6. - Top - End - #96

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: GM Only
    Show
    "Nothing more than growing pains." Lucille breathes out in something approaching her normal cocky tone. Lucille pauses when you mention the geodude. "Could be, I dunno, all my research has been into raising and battling pokemon, not figuring out .... how they do..." she grimaces "what they do. I dunno, maybe they're just lazy?"
    Tyson simply chuckles to himself and shrugs in return.

Advancing on Onix

You, along with Kasumi, are able to 'sneak' across the intervening distance in a little under 10. By the time you reach the area where the onix is struggling against it's now more visible tormentors, it is clearly exhausted and beaten. Two mankey still crawl over it, strike at the joins bewteen the boulders that make up it's rocky body. There are several bloodstains marking the hillside and the onix's body, perhaps indicating where it successfully rid itself of a karate monkey.

It roars again and throws itself down on the rocky mountainside once more. The mankey both scamper around and avoid being caught underneath it. None of the combatants seemed to have noticed you or Kasumi
    Mankey!? ...Why are they fighting? Tch! Doesn't matter, I gotta do something!

"Kasumi, take out the Mankey without using Bubble and stay away from the snake." He instructs the amphibian Kunoichi. "Roulette's got your back!"

Tyson tosses a pokeball skyward and releases Roulette toward Kasumi. "Roulette, follow Kasumi's lead and take out those Mankey! Use Gust on the same Mankey as her and dodge the Snake!"

Spoiler: Actions and Attacks
    Show
    Tyson forfeit's his Standard action to release Roulette!
    Tyson forfeits control of Kasumi to command Roulette!

Roulette's Gust Attack (Mankey): 6 (4 after AC vs. Speed or Special Evasion)

http://orokos.com/roll/554163

Gust Damage: 25 Special Flying vs Special Defense

http://orokos.com/roll/554164

The Tranquill soars overhead into the chaos and easily spots the two Mankey. The bird whips up a gust of wind in an attempt to catch one of Onix's pursuers while it's unaware. Tyson slides down the mountainside and enters the edge of the melee and calls out to the Onix, holding an open hand out in it's direction in defense.

"Easy there! Two on one ain't exactly even odds so we're here to help! Attack those Mankey, not us!" He points his pair of pokemon attacking the Mankey for emphasis.

Spoiler: Charm on Onix
    Show
    13 (Spent 1 AP to boost, 2/6 AP Remaining)

http://orokos.com/roll/554150

Tyson is trying to show the Onix that he or his pokemon are not enemies or potential threats by attacking it's pursuers.

Edit: Apply this Charm check to next round if possible. It's a standard action.

Initiative
    25 - Kasumi
    17 - Roulette
    15 - Tyson

Spoiler: Attack Revision
    Show
    Roulette's Quick Attack (Priority - Kasumi's Mankey): 12 (10 after AC vs Physical or Speed Evasion)

http://orokos.com/roll/554234

Quick Attack Damage: 29 Normal Physical vs Defense

http://orokos.com/roll/554235
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-09-29 at 02:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Stinging like Beedrill!(Ken and GM)
    Show
    "Quake, Ground that beedrill! Smack Down! Make it hurt!" Lennox says with a grin. "Tazer, Thunder shock that beedrill Let's try to get That Flyer out this round!"

Spoiler: Violence!(Rolls and Stuff(GM))
    Show
    Lennox Ordered Brutal Training on Quake! Quake Used Smack Down on BeeDrill! 43 Rock Damage v Def! It's Super Effective!
    Tazer Used Thunder Shock! 24 Electric Damage V. SDef.
    Attack (Smack Down +2 Crit range from Brutal Training): 1d20 4Damage(Smack Down): 2d6+31 43Attack(Thunder Shock): 1d20 10

Spoiler: The Element of Surprise!(GM)
    Show
    Tazer will Quick Attack Beedrill On Priority during its next turn(If Not Switched out).14 Normal damage v. Def!
    Attack(Quick Attack): 1d20 16Damage(Quick Attack): 1d8+10 14
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

8. - Top - End - #98

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Lennox and GM
    Show

Gin hisses put in pain, writhing as he lifts himself off the ground. “That is a pretty awesome Pokémon you have. Gin let’s go one more time!” Gin rears back his head and launches another poison dart at his foe,

Injury: 4; -1 CS to SpDef

Gin uses Poison Sting!
    To Hit: 10
    Damage: 20 Poison vs. Def

Ken activates Chronicler
    Ken records Jump Kick. 2/5 Battle AP remaining

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

The Mienfoo is thrown to the mat by Stjarna's unceasing bubble based beating. It lies in a massive puddle in the center of the ring, unmoving.

Coach mountain rings the bell

*Fanfare*
    YOU HAVE DEFEATED GYM LEADER ROSHI

The Old Man limps around the ring, a gap-toothed smile across his face. "That wasn't bad at all. You'll have to come back for a real fight some day, when I don't have to take it easy on you. Hyeh heh heh heh heh. I see great potential in you as a trainer."

He hands you a small badge, it's a sky-blue starburst with a fist inside of a circle, both lined in silver. "This is the Ki Badge. Carrying it will allow you to form a greater connection with the fighting spirit of your pokemon, spurring them on to greater feats of strength and endurance."

Coach Mountain retrieves something from beneath the ring and hands you a CD case and a wad of Cash.

"This is TM 08, Bulk Up. this copy is good for seven uses." Roshi continues in his scratchy voice. "You'll have to acquire a TM Reader on your own."

Spoiler: What's this thing do? Exp, and Fabulous Cash Prizes!
    Show

Gain the Ki Badge
    Permanently Choose one of the following effects to be applied to your active roster.
    1. Your Pokemon gain the Inner Focus Ability
    2. Your Pokemon have their Default CS in Attack set to +1 instead of 0

Gain 10,000 Poken

Gain 1 Trainer Milestone, LEVEL UP!!!

Your Active Roster gains....
    690 Experience Points!
    Each of your pokemon MUST be allocated sufficient Exp to level up at least once, once each pokemon has received enough exp to level at least once, you may divide the remainder in any manner you wish.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have some uh... very important matters to take care of. Speak with Coach Mountain if you need further use of the Gym's Services"

With that, Master Roshi turns and limps away, heading to a staircase at the back of the gym.

Spoiler: Cassandra hits the gym
    Show

or in this case, GYM HITS YOU

The old man’s glasses conceal his eyes, but he smiles a gap-toothed smile and cackles. “your first time eh? I’ll be gentle.” He cackles again and waddles to the other side of the ring and retrieves something from a compartment you cant see.

"Your fight with Gym Master Roshi will consist of a 1 on 1 fight, 2 pokemon each." Coach Mountain instructs you as he gets ready to ring the bell. "You may not interfere in the battle in any way except to give orders and encouragement to your pokemon, or throw in the towel." He points to a white rag hanging off the bottom rope.

The Battle Begins!

Roshi rolls a pokeball into the ring and a Machop emerges, As soon as it sights Reks it leaps towards him, flinging its leg out and knocking Reks to the ground!

Show

Enemy Machop used Low Sweep!
    Reks took 40 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!
    Rek's Speed fell!

Reks has initiative!

Show

TBD... Awaiting Edit.... Please Stand By....

Spoiler: Lennox and Ken:
    Show

Lennox:
    The Beedrill is pinned in the air by Tazer's electric attack, and when followed by Quake's assault, is more than enough to knock the Beedrill out, it bounces off the court, it's carapace cracked and leaking green sludge. It disapears in a flash of red light and is replaced by a small orange Fox. Which breathes a circle of flame at Quake, but it misjudges the distance and the attack goes wild. The Egg on the other hand, has better aim, and spews Quake with a vile purple sludge!
    The fox follows up with another blast of flame, this time encircling Quake!

Show

Beedrill is KO'd
    Enemy ??? is sent in
    Enemy ???A used Fire Spin, but it missed!
    Enemy ???B used Toxic, Quake is Badly Poisoned!

Initiative Reset!
    Enemy Fox used Fire Spin! Quake is stuck in a Vortex!
    Quake takes 31 Fire Damage vs. Special Defense!

Initiative Reset!
    13 - Fox Thing
    11 - Lennox
    10 - Tazer
    5 - Quake
    3 - Egg Thing

The smoker laughs "Now it's just a matter of time until your big bruiser succumbs!"

Ken:

The fighting pokemon hisses, seemingly more in anger than pain, and rips the new dart out. It leaps at Gin and raises one of it's legs up and brings it crashing down on Gin's skull, only for the snake to read the attack and weave out of the way. The kick leaves a small crater in the court where it hits the ground instead of your pokemon.

Show

Enemy ??? used Brick Break! but it missed!
    Gin has initiative!

10. - Top - End - #100

AssassinGuy

Show

Ken is a little surprised at the crater left by the Pokémon’s Kick. “Gin, I’m glad you read that. Keep it up!” Gin twists around a bit, lofting his head back up and clamps his jaw down on the opposing Pokémon.

Gin uses Bite!
    To Hit: 16
    Damage: 23 Dark v Def
    OOC: Enemy ??? flinches.

“We gotta keep an eye out for that love again.”

Ken activates Chronicler!
    Records Brick Break, 1/5 Battle AP remains.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    As the Machop kicks Reks, several poisonous spines pierce the fighting-type's leg. Reks gets back to his feet and launches himself at the Machop, teeth first. He latches on to the humanoid's arm and growls at it as he bites.

"That's it Reks," Cassandra says, cheering the Nidorino on. "Just like that!"

Spoiler: Rolls/Mechanics
    Show
    Machop is Poisoned by Poison Point!
    Reks uses Peck!
    To Hit: 8
    Damage: 27, Flying type, Physical damage

Cassandra issues "Brutal" Orders for +2 Critical Hit Range

12. - Top - End - #102

Spoiler: GM Only: Victory at Last!
    Show

Spoiler: EXP Distribution!
    Show
    Stjarna gains 19 EXP - Levels up to 16!
    Elding gains 139 EXP - Levels up to 15!
    Svangur gains 174 EXP - Levels up to 15!
    Ilmur gains 108 EXP - Levels up to 15! Ilmur evolves into Bayleef!
    Grimmer gains 131 EXP - Levels up to 15!
    Fil gains 119 EXP - Levels up to 13!

Aegwynn politely bows to Gym Leader Roshi, a small smile upon her face before she returns Stjarna to its pokeball. She held out her hands and took hold of the Ki Badge with pride, the smile growing wider, “Thank you, sir. It was a pleasure battling you, and I hope we can face off again sometime in the future!” she beamed. She saw Coach Mountain (Tenryou!!!) out of the corner of her eye reaching for something beneath the mat. She saw him produce the money and the CD Case, that thing looking very similar to the CD Case she was able to wrestle form Svangur on her first night in Pewter. Her eyes began to glow and slowly she accepted the items from Coach Mountain, using just her mind now to stash them all in her bag, going so far as to open the flap, undo the zipper, and put them in place before her bag was closed up, a slightly unsettling sight as she hadn’t made it apparent that she was a telekinetic when she walked in. She peers at her badge, clutching it in her palm as she decides what she wants it to do.

Aegwynn selects the defense combat stage boost!

She then looked up to the Coach, still a bit intimidated by his large, imposing, looming frame. Her hands gripped and wrung on the strap of her bag, “Ummm, so besides training, what other services does this gym offer, sir?” she politely queried. This was her first gym experience, so she wasn’t really sure just what a gym did other than gym battles. Even her formal education didn’t prepare her for this. She did manage to snag a glance at her watch, checking the time of day as she did have that appointment to keep to return the Hippowdon to its owner.

Spoiler: OOC: Pokédex Inquiry
    Show
    I would like to inquire as to upgrades and installations for my Pokédex! Or do I have to do that in character?
    Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-02 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Aegwynn is checking time of day.

13. - Top - End - #103

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Still hate Orokos(Ken and GM)
    Show
    Lennox Breaks out his pokedex to scan the foreign Pokemon "Quake, Break free. I have a plan!" The stone rhino struggles but cannot find purchase "Damn. Tazer, Keep working little guy, Go after the Fox! Thunder Shock!

Spoiler: Dangerous games(Ken and GM
    Show
    Lennox uses a swift action to give brutal orders to Tazer.
    Tazer Uses Thunder Shock!27 Electric Damage v Sp.Def.Attack(Thunder Shock): 1d20 7Damage(Thunder Shock): 2d6+21 27Break Free(Fire Spin Vortex)!: 1d20 5
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-10-01 at 07:37 AM.
    "Your knowledge cannot save you. Your magic cannot save you. Nothing can save you." -Hida Kisada

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

Surprise Round

Kasumi looks at you dubiously and advances on the thrashing rock snake and coughs out a smokescreen between her and the enraged pokemon and its tormentors. Roulette is able to knock one of the mankey from it's perch, it beats on the ground, a vein bulging above one of it's eyes as it glares at the bird.

Round 1
    ooc: Kasumi has initiative

Show

surprise round is over
    25 - Kasumi
    17 - Roulette
    15 - Tyson
    13 - Onix
    10 - Mankey 1
    8 - Mankey 2

Spoiler: Ken and Lennox:
    Show

Ken:
    Gin's fangs sink into his victim's yielding flesh and it flinches in pain. It visibly rallies and crouches and hammers it's elbow into Gin's neck

Show

ooc: Unfortunately, Flinch is useless since the enemy goes before Gin
    Enemy ??? uses Brick Break!
    Gin takes 49 Fighting Damage vs. Defense

Lennox:

Quake thrashes about within the circle of fire, as tormented by it's flames as the vile sludge covering it's body. Tazer lashes at the fox with electricity, standing it's hair on end. The Fox growls at Tazer and three small flames begin orbiting the fox. The Egg shrouds itself in a strange, dark aura.

Show

Quake Fails to break free of the Vortex
    Quake loses 5 HP from Badly Poisoned
    Quake loses 1 tick of HP from the vortex
    Enemy Egg uses Curse!
    Initiative Resets!
    Enemy Fox activates Fox Fire
    Lennox and co have initiative!

Show

The Machop grits its teeth against the spikes and teeth stabbing into it's skin. It slams it's hand into Rek's Shoulder in retaliation.

Show

Enemy Machop used Karate Chop!
    Reks takes 31 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!
    Reks has Initative

Show

Spoiler: ooc pokedex inquiry
    Show

Currently: You simply need to inquire with me, your occasionally benevolent GM with a feature you want your pokedex to have, and then you'll need to locate and acquire it in game.

ooc: Uhm, the CS boost is in Attack, not Defense

Coach Mountain shakes his head at your question. "You can learn many things here, but they all take time. This gym does not sell anything except for time in there." He jerks a thumb over his shoulder, indicating the massive gym/weight room area. If it helps, most other gyms do, but here, you earn things. with. your. sweat."

15. - Top - End - #105

Spoiler: GM Only
    Show

Aegwynn listened to the Coach intently, nodding once in awhile as he spoke. She held onto the strap of her messenger bag after her motioned towards the weight room, "I see. At the moment, there are things I need to do today, but if I have time I'll come back and train some, and earn things with my sweat. It's been a pleasure meeting you, Coach Mountain. Thank you for mediating my battle against the Gym Leader. We should also have a battle sometime, if you're ever up for it. Until next time." she said as she bid him farewell, heading out of the gym with rewards in bag and badge in hand. She needed to go to the Pokemon Center, and get some care for Stjarna. She glanced at her watch as well, wondering what time it was, wondering if it was about time for Lunch, or if morning still was in full swing.

On her way to the Pokemon Center, she pulled out her Pokedex, deciding to read up some more about a few of the new Pokemon she had caught. Shelmet was of particular interest to her, she could vaguely remember that there is another pokemon that has immense synergy with such a pokemon. She decided to pull up the entry and read up on it some more as she walked to the Pokemon Center. Once she was done reading and interpreting the data, she would also keep an eye out for any Pokemon that might catch her eye.

Pokemon Ed. (Shelmet and Karrablast) [1AP to Boost]: 21
    Perception (Pokemon Spotting) [1AP to Boost]: 19

Once at the Pokemon Center, she will turn in Stjarna's Pokeball. It got a little scuffed up in the fight, but a little time spent with the nurse would have it right as rain again. She filled out any paperwork she needed to before asking the nurse some questions, "I caught a Shelmet yesterday, and I'm interested in using it. It evolves when exposed to another pokemon, right? I imagine I might be able to find that one near Pewter too, if I could find the Shelmet. Any recommendations for hunting one down?" she queried, hoping for some insight from the Nurse. Perhaps she's seen people with them, or even knows of someone recently who brought one in. Aegwynn had her heart set on attempting to find one of those little bugs.

Spoiler: OOC: Pokedex Tinkering
    Show

Two things perhaps pique my interest when it comes to Pokedex upgrades. The ability to select which pokemon is teleported to PC upon capture of a new pokemon when the trainer has a full roster (Either one from current roster, or the newly captured Pokemon.) The other one is probably wildly off the table, but the ability to once or twice daily exchange one pokemon in PC for another, but won't know if it's an ability that can be done if I don't ask about it.

Last edited by MashPotatoJones; 2017-10-02 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Added another roll (Perception), Added OOC

16. - Top - End - #106

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Crowd Control - GM Only
    Show
    "Kasumi, get in close and use Lick on the other Mankey! Roulette, finish the other one off with a Gust!" The pair of pokemon quickly take to action and launch their combined assault against the unsuspecting Mankey.

Spoiler: Actions and Attacks
    Show
    Tyson forfeits his turn in order to control both Pokemon!

Kasumi's Lick (Mankey on Onix): 15 (13 after AC vs Speed or Special Evasion) Mankey is Paralyzed!

http://orokos.com/roll/554959

Kasumi activates Protean! (Ghost Type)

Lick Damage: 32 Ghost Physical vs Defense

http://orokos.com/roll/554960

Roulette activates Rivalry (Adjacent Mankey)!
    Roulette's Attack, Defense, and Special Attack gain +1CS!
    Roulette's Gust (Adjacent Mankey): 10 (8 after AC vs Speed or Special Evasion)

http://orokos.com/roll/554952

Gust Damage: 32 Flying Special vs. Special Defense! It's Super Effective! (Added the +5 damage from Focused Training)

http://orokos.com/roll/554956

ooc: Movement in Roll20 Chatroom

17. - Top - End - #107

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Too Big to Fail(Ken and GM)
    Show
    "Tazer Keep your distance, Thunder shock again! Take that fox out!" Lennox says. "Quake, It's Now or Never bud. Bust out so we we can beat them down!"

If he falls too early I'll be in rought shape.
    Spoiler: FInally Free(Rolls and Such)!
    Show
    Lennox Order Brutal training to Tazer. Tazer Uses Thunder ShocK! 25 Eletric Damage V. SpDef! Quake Breaks free of the Vortex!
    Break Free(Fire Spin Vortex)!: 1d20 14
    Attack(Thunder Shock) Brutal training applied: 1d20 5
    Damage(Thunder Shock): 2d6+21 25
    Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-10-02 at 10:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108

AssassinGuy

Show

As Gin falls unconscious from the opposing Pokemon's elbow, Ken recalls him. "You did good buddy, made the right choice in you."

Injury: 3 Gin at -1 CS to SpAtk

Spoiler: If he had accepted the terms of 3v3
    Show

Ken lobs Aria's poke ball into the court. "Alright Aria, now it's your turn!" Aria zooms over to the opponent and begins to pester it with her beak.

Aria uses Peck! It's Super Effective!
    To Hit: 20
    Damage: 39 v Def

Spoiler: If he was just going 1v1
    Show

"Thanks for the battle. I'm sorry actually just realized I didn't get your name." Ken offers a handshake. "I'm Ken, nice to meet you." After listening to the Martial Artist, Ken will watch the rest of Lennox's battle.

OOC: It occurred to me it was stupid to ask or to do this considering the guy walked over to the court but I figured just incase.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-10-02 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Forgot Gin's second injury from fainting

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    Reks shakes his head, throwing the fighting type around the ring. His teeth tear deeper into the Machop's arm.

Wow, Cassandra thinks at the poison types savagery, I thought he'd gotten better about this kind of thing. But I guess he knows it's a gym battle. He has to win, for his own pride.

"Keep going, Reks!"

Show
    Reks uses Peck!

To Hit: 19, Crits with Brutal Orders
    Damage: 35, Flying Physical

Cassandra once again issues Brutal Orders

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Show

In Transit
    Spoiler: Aegwyn's Poke Edu
    Show

Despite being the only source of evolution for each other, Karrablast and Shelmet are not always found in the same locations. The former favors grasslands when not found in forested regions, whereas the latter is found in marshes and swamps. No forest in Kanto has an unusually dense concentration of the pair.

Walking through the city streets, you notice several Murkrow circling overhead. You see a small, red eared mouse resting near a parking meter. Down one particularly rank alley, you see a pile of ambulatory sludge daubing excretions on the wall.

At the Center
    "That's a bug, right?" The Joy at the pokemon center inquires before shrugging. "I know a lot of bug type enthusiasts prowl the Viridian Forest, you'd be better off looking there I guess." She shudders "I can't stand the things myself."

Spoiler: beep boop
    Show

The time is... 2:30 PM

as for the pokedex applications, neither of those are a function of the Pokedex, but instead the pokeball and PC System itself. Neither of those are available.

Show

Kasumi's Lick locks up the Mankey's joints with revulsion, and it falls into the shifting, grinding coils of the Onix. Roulette's attack flings the other monkey to the ground, unconscious. The Onix coils in on itself, and a mankey-shriek can be heard over the rumbling boulders. The Onix raises it's battered, bloodstained form over you, it rises high enough to throw you in shadow. It roars at you.

ooc: If you're set on trying to charm this thing, now's the time not to screw it up.

Spoiler: Ken and Lennox:
    Show

Lennox
    ooc: Vortex damage happens at the start of the turn, so Quake still loses a tick, but at least he's free, right?

Seeing Tazer charge up for another attack, the fox somehow directs one of the orbiting flames at the electric mouse. Tazer shrieks as the flame scorches his body as electricity courses over the fox. The Egg again shimmers in that strange dark energy. The Fox rushes Tazer, body checking the burnt mouse.

The smoker chuckles again and shouts encouragement to his pokemon.

Show

Enemy Fox activated Fox Fire to use Ember on Tazer!
    Tazer takes 27 Fire Damage vs. Special Defense!
    Tazer is Burned! Tazer's Defense fell by 2 CS!
    Enemy Egg used Curse!
    Initiative Resets!
    Enemy Fox uses Quick Attack!
    Tazer takes 15 Normal Damage vs. Defense!

Lennox and co have initiative.

Ken:
    ooc: he totally accepted, I just didn't notice I only typed an acknowledgement to Lennox's challenge.

The fighting type reels back, blood pouring from the gouge Aria has left over one eye. It skips back a step, and then leaps into the air slamming it's spike-toed foot into Aria before landing deftly back on the ground

Show

Enemy ??? used Jump Kick! Aria took 63 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!
    Aria has initiative!

Show

Reks pulls a gouge out of the Machop's arm as it's flung to the mat. "Oh, quite the show. ayee hee hee hee. But can you keep it up?" Roshi cackles and pitches a new ball into the ring.

A red and yellow feline like creature emerges, glaring at Reks before launching into a devastating combination of fast, pummeling strikes

Show

Enemy Mienfoo used Double Slap! a Critical Hit!
    it hit 3 times
    Reks took 50 Normal Damage vs. Defense
    Note I forgot to add Mienfoo's attack to the die roll, hence the discrepancy

Reks has initiative

21. - Top - End - #111

AssassinGuy

Show

As Aria is struck and goes down Ken recalls her, staring in awe at the springy legged Pokemon. This thing is insane. Thought for sure she had it down. He grabs Aibi's pokeball and lobs it into the court. "Aibi, you're up now! Vine Whip!" Aibi unleashes a lashing vine on the opposing Pokemon, but is not quite as agile as the spring-legged opponent.

Aibi uses Vine Whip!
    To Hit: 1
    OOC: That happened...

Aria Injury Rolls
    Injury: 2 -1 CS Def
    Injury: 1 -1 CS Atk
    Injury: 1 -1 CS Atk

"What is that?"

PokeManiac: 11
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-10-02 at 07:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    Reks falls to the mat under the assault of hard blows, but manages to get back onto his feet. He snarls at the cat before launching himself at it, latching on once again with his teeth.

Show
    Injury Roll: 4, Reks loses a CS in Spec. Def

Reks uses Peck!
    To Hit: 5
    Damage: 30 Physical Flying
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-10-02 at 08:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler: GM Only: Waiting in the Pokemon Center
    Show
    Aegwynn looked at the small mouse pokemon, taking out her Pokedex to register it before continuing on her way to the Pokemon Center. She would turn in the tray with Stjarna to get it patched up. It took an injury there at the Gym, so it could use some tender love and care. She listened to the Nurse talk about bugs, nodding some and formulating a plan for later tonight. She decided though that after getting the time from her watch, it was best to roost here at the Pokemon Center for now, waiting for the gentlemen. She decided to get a bite to eat at the restaurant that adjoined the Pokemon Center while waiting for the Hippowdon owner. She figured two hours wasn't all that bad to wait around, especially with the payment that this job was going to provide.

24. - Top - End - #114

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Shadow of the Colossus - GM Only
    Show
    Kasumi's Lick locks up the Mankey's joints with revulsion, and it falls into the shifting, grinding coils of the Onix. Roulette's attack flings the other monkey to the ground, unconscious. The Onix coils in on itself, and a mankey-shriek can be heard over the rumbling boulders. The Onix raises it's battered, bloodstained form over you, it rises high enough to throw you in shadow. It roars at you.
    "Easy there... We were only trying to help." He points at the unconscious Mankey for emphasis.

Damn... this thing is bigger than I thought.

"Kasumi, Roulette, come back to me. Don't strike it unless it attacks first." He instructs his pair of pokemon. Tyson slowly reaches into his bag and removes an apple and a single pokeball from it. He rolls the the piece of fruit across the ground so that stops in front of the giant.

Spoiler: Charm on Onix
    Show
    13 (Spent 1 AP to boost, 2/6 AP Remaining)

http://orokos.com/roll/554150

Tyson is trying to demonstrate to the Onix that he and his pokemon are not enemies or potential threats to it.

25. - Top - End - #115

GreataxeFighterGuy

Spoiler: Spin the Wheel(Ken and GM)
    Show
    "Good job taking those shots, Tazer!" Lennox says looking at the fox after paralyzing itself "You're doing great! Let's start chipping away at that egg with Thunder shock.! Quake, Glad you can get back in the fight. Let's show em our gratitude. Stomp out that Fire!"
    Spoiler: All aboard the Pain Train!
    Show

Tazer's Static Paralyzes Enemy (Fox).
    Quake used Stomp on Enemy (Fox)! 34 normal vs. Def.
    Tazer used Thunder Shock on Enemy(Egg)! 31 electric v SpDef.
    Attack Roll(Stomp) Brutal Training: 1d20 15
    Damage(Stomp): 2d6+31 34
    Attack Roll(Thunder Shock): 1d20 15Damage(Thunder Shock): 2d6+21 31

Last edited by TJ Zen; 2017-10-02 at 08:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Ken and Lennox
    Show

Ken:
    ooc: dude.... that's awkward.
    Spoiler: Ken's Pokemania!
    Show

It finally clicks, this spring loaded fighter is a Hitmonlee, a straight fighting type

the enemy Hitmonlee looks at Aibi, somewhat askance at it's flailing about. It leaps inside Aibi's guard and spins up into another heeldrop onto Aibi's bell shaped noggin.

Show

Enemy Hitmonlee used Brick Break!
    Aibi took 36 Fighting Damage vs. Defense!

Aibi has initiative!

Lennox:
    The fox falls beneath Quake's trampling feet and an ovoid fuzzy purple bug replaces it. The Egg has sparks leaping off it from Tazer's attack. The Bug turns its compound eyes towards quake and emits a supersonic screech from it's antennae, but Quake shakes it off. The spiked egg flops over on it's side and steamrolls over Tazer, crushing it beneath it's spiky body.

Show

Quake loses 10 HP from Badly Poisoned!
    Enemy Bug used Supersonic on Quake, but it missed!
    Enemy Egg used Tackle on Tazer, Tazer takes 22 Normal Damage vs. Defense!

Initiative Resets!
    I'll hold off until you get a new pokemon in the field.

Show

The cat reels from Rek's assault, but rallies into another punishing Combo, beating the spiky poison type into the ground.

Show

Show

Spoiler: Pokedex Ping
    Show

Originally posted by Pokedex
    Minun - It absorbs electricity from telephone poles. It shorts out its body to create crackling noises.

The Restaurant is pretty slow, and you can sit basically whereever while you wait. At 4:28 your pokedex chimes with a message
    Spoiler: you've got mail
    Show

"I am nearly arrived at the Pokemon Center, where shall I find you?"

Show

Spoiler: Pokemon Education, TN 8
    Show

As the apple rolls to a stop in front of this truly massive specimen of rock snake.... it dawns on you.
    isn't Onix a terravore?

The Snake shakily lowers its head, peering at the apple, seemingly curious at your offering. It does not attack. Now that it's not thrashing, you can see that it's stony carapace has been chipped and cracked by the mankey's onslaught... their success is illustrated, rather vividly, by the red and brown splotches on the snake's coils.

27. - Top - End - #117

Spoiler: GM Only: Almost a job well done!
    Show
    Aegwynn picked up her Pokedex, read the message, and then responded to it promptly, ‘I’m currently sitting in the restaurant section of the Pokemon Center. You shouldn’t be able to miss me, I’m wearing a cyan hoodie, and oh...my hair is white as snow.’ She pressed the send button and stuffed it back in her front pockets, now looking around more to see if she can catch a glimpse of the individual who posted up the job.

28. - Top - End - #118

AssassinGuy

Show

OOC: pessimistic text makes so much more sense lol

Aibi bounces back from the hit and resumes her flailing at the Hitmonlee, making contact this time with the spring-loaded fighter.

Aibi uses Vine Whip!
    To Hit: 18
    Damage: 20 v Def

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Show
    As the cat attacks again, it slaps one of the Nidorino's spines and more poison leaks out, making the cat reel back. Reks, however, finally loses consciousness. His legs shakily give out beneath him before Cassandra returns him.

"You did great Reks," she says to his Pokeball. She pulls another from her belt as she clips his back on. "Alright Yojimbo, time to finish this. Swords Dance first, then attack."

The ghostly sword appears on the field, eye hidden by his sedge hat. The blade draws slowly from the scabbard and begins a hypnotic dance.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Mienfoo is poisoned by Poison Point!
    Reks is KOd and Yojimbo comes out. His Initiative is 5
    Yojimbo uses Swords Dance, gains +2 CS in Attack

30. - Top - End - #120

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Peace Offering - GM Only
    Show
    Pokemon Edu.: 8

http://orokos.com/roll/555188

Wait... Rock types typically eat earth right? Guess it couldn't hurt to try.

The Snake shakily lowers its head, peering at the apple, seemingly curious at your offering. It does not attack. Now that it's not thrashing, you can see that it's stony carapace has been chipped and cracked by the mankey's onslaught... their success is illustrated, rather vividly, by the red and brown splotches on the snake's coils.
    "Wait here and watch." Tyson whispers to his pokemon as he slowly approaches the Onix with an arm extended in front of himself to show in deference.

When he reaches the apple he will pick it up and rub it off on his shorts before taking a bite of the fruit. Tyson chews slowly to show the stony creature that the fruit can be eaten. "It's just fruit, see? Try it." Tyson raises the apple up to the Onix and offers the fruit to it.

He holds the pokeball in his other hand ready to toss it at the colossus in the event the Onix attacks.

If the Onix accepts the offering

"Looks like those Mankey got you good. There's more food where that came from if you're hungry? Some rest might do you good too..." He says at he inspects the serpents body.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-10-02 at 10:09 PM.