New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: The Staff IC: Threat IV: Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon tea party!

Sugar shrug and return to the two maids: " Well I guess we better get going and find him before he get himself hurt."

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard thanks for the assistance received. It was time to continue the search. At least, it sounded like he was fine for the most part if anything. "Well, everypony, I hope you are ready for this."
    Thanks to linklele for the amazing avvy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jidasfire View Post
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Spoiler: Easydamus result
    Show

Neutral Good Human Paladin/Cleric (3rd/2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-15 Dexterity-13 Constitution-14
    Intelligence-16 Wisdom-17 Charisma-14
    Alignment: Neutral Good

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood sighed and threw the eels back to the water
    "So what have I missed"?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #514
    Colossus in the Playground

Aww, that is most amazingly sweet! Tailwind cooed at the earth pony's story. I wish you all the happiness with your grandfoals, however we must depart in search of our friend! Onwards! The lavendar pegasus points to the forest as she began walking towards it. To victory!
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DualShadow View Post
    "Ohh pretty sure he followed the river into the forest." Granny Smith answer the maid-costumed teacher and the non-costumed maid. She went on gossiping "Poor lad, he seemed so lost and stressed the first few days. Though he opened up quickly when he started playing with my son's first foal."
    Starry Sky smiles, then says I'm glad he's settling in--congratulations on becoming a grandparent as well! But we had better get going before our... friend hurts himself. It was a pleasure to meet you; I'm Night Fog. He reaches out a hoof to shake.

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldeWolf View Post
    BubbleGuard thanks for the assistance received. It was time to continue the search. At least, it sounded like he was fine for the most part if anything. "Well, everypony, I hope you are ready for this."
    Grinning, Starry Sky says Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Deepwood sighed and threw the eels back to the water
    "So what have I missed"?
    As soon as everypony's out of Granny Smith's earshot, Starry Sky begins to speak. Well, let's see. After donning this lovely maid dress as a disguise, I approached a mare asking if Open Book had gone into the Everfree Forest, posing as a friend of his. I realized that apparently this is actually before my own time period after noticing that the middle-aged mare's cutie mark was the same as that of a centuries-old grandmare in my era. She and her friend told us that Open Book went into the forest via the river area, and we congratulated her on becoming a grandparent. He takes a deep breath, having said all of this in one breath. That's the short of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    English is actually a very precise language in a lot of ways, and American English in particular has a habit of following other languages down back alleys, clubbing them over the head, and rifling through their lexicons that I think is very healthy for its evolution.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.
    Mine started in the battle arena of the capital city

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

"Oook..." Deepwood stared a bit.
    "I am determined NOT to ask why are you dressed up... like.. that. The answer would probably be scarier than babboons"

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #517

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "Oook..." Deepwood stared a bit.
    "I am determined NOT to ask why are you dressed up... like.. that. The answer would probably be scarier than babboons"
    Starry Sky stands stock-still for a moment, then bursts out laughing. He continues for about ten straight seconds, then, gasping for breath, he says Oh Celestia...Pfft. I put it on because I didn't want to be recognized, seeing as I thought this was my time. Tears of mirth glitter by the corners of his eyes as he speaks.

Then he thinks about something Deepwood had said and he inquires curiously I was not aware that Baboons were scary! What about them is so frightening?
    English is actually a very precise language in a lot of ways, and American English in particular has a habit of following other languages down back alleys, clubbing them over the head, and rifling through their lexicons that I think is very healthy for its evolution.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Iron_Lord View Post
    Starry Sky stands stock-still for a moment, then bursts out laughing. He continues for about ten straight seconds, then, gasping for breath, he says Oh Celestia...Pfft. I put it on because I didn't want to be recognized, seeing as I thought this was my time. Tears of mirth glitter by the corners of his eyes as he speaks.

Then he thinks about something Deepwood had said and he inquires curiously I was not aware that Baboons were scary! What about them is so frightening?
    Spoiler: Terrible and Dark Flashback
    Show

Deepwood cringed. "They are too silly to reason with. I would preffer to deal with angry bear mamas everyday of the week, rather then dealing with baboons."

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar just shrug and follow the group.

10. - Top - End - #520

Tailwind laughs with Starry at Deepwood's lack of understanding and context. I can confirm how discretion was of the utmost importance lest time itself be torn asunder! Behold, such precautions were indeed unnecessary however wise their conception! She cheers as she follows into the forest.

I can assure you, Deepwood, such terrifying creatures shall not-are less likely to harry our journey!

However I must demand my dress be returned!
    Tailwind asked Starry. For the devastation you may bring unwittingly upon the collar cannot be underestimated!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar interfere: " Let him keep it Tailwind. We will jump in different... humm location. The disguise will be useful for him later on I bet."

12. - Top - End - #522

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Tailwind laughs with Starry at Deepwood's lack of understanding and context. I can confirm how discretion was of the utmost importance lest time itself be torn asunder! Behold, such precautions were indeed unnecessary however wise their conception! She cheers as she follows into the forest.

I can assure you, Deepwood, such terrifying creatures shall not-are less likely to harry our journey!

However I must demand my dress be returned!
    Tailwind asked Starry. For the devastation you may bring unwittingly upon the collar cannot be underestimated!
    Starry Sky assumes a pouting expression, then says Alas! All good things must come to an end... A grin breaks out on his face, and he quickly doffs the outfit and gives it to Tailwind. I must say I am curious though... What damage was I doing to the collar?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Sugar interfere: " Let him keep it Tailwind. We will jump in different... humm location. The disguise will be useful for him later on I bet."
    Eh, if I need it again I can always borrow it again--and considering we're going into the Everfree, I'd rather have my barding. He then goes into his saddlebags and re-fastens all of the straps. He then puts his wingblades back on and ties his sword back onto his side. There... Bring it, Timberwolves. Or other assorted Everfree creatures... Though not an Ursa Minor, that would be very bad. And if we find an Ursa Major... Well, that's when we start praying, I guess.
    Last edited by The_Iron_Lord; 2018-03-21 at 11:42 PM.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

13. - Top - End - #523
    Bugbear in the Playground

The banter continued as you all transition from town to forest. Everfree Forest, quite the hostile and terrifying according to the local population and your own Starry Sky but surely a random forest couldn't be as bad the one back home. Not to mention the master ranger Deepwood being in the group.

Following the river into the forest is a rather easy task just dodging a few trees and climbing/flying over a few elevations in the land. It seems like you are getting closer to the source of the issue as the water grows more and more turbulent and splashing everywhere. As you all push on there is a faint cry in the distance, a bit deeper away from the shore into the forest. "... anypony .. please ... I need a hoof ..." The voice is faint from both the distance and the loud sound of the water breaking on the shore.

14. - Top - End - #524

DrowGuy

The banter continued as you all transition from town to forest. Everfree Forest, quite the hostile and terrifying according to the local population and your own Starry Sky but surely a random forest couldn't be as bad the one back home. Not to mention the master ranger Deepwood being in the group.

Following the river into the forest is a rather easy task just dodging a few trees and climbing/flying over a few elevations in the land. It seems like you are getting closer to the source of the issue as the water grows more and more turbulent and splashing everywhere. As you all push on there is a faint cry in the distance, a bit deeper away from the shore into the forest. "... anypony .. please ... I need a hoof ..." The voice is faint from both the distance and the loud sound of the water breaking on the shore.
    Starry Sky flits along next to the group. As they get further into the forest, he goes silent so that they won't attract any beasts.

As soon as he hears the cry for help, Starry Sky streaks towards the voice, quietly calling Hello? What's wrong? He'll also ready himself for combat
    Spoiler: Readied Action
    Show
    If combat breaks out, he'll use Show Stopper to "pause" it so that everypony/one can think
    Last edited by The_Iron_Lord; 2018-03-22 at 03:06 AM.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

"Everypony, lets hurry! It could be Open Book." BubbleGuard replies to the rest before running as fast as he could towards the noise. Regardless of the potential dangers on his path, he couldnt leave a pony put into this situation alone.
    On a long enough scale, every OOTS forum discussion turns into a debate about alignment, Miko, or Familicide.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

16. - Top - End - #526
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood pulled an arrow and prepared the bow, floating behind to give cover for his friends.
    "It's about time for things to get wrong."

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar Rush follow Bubbles eagerly.

18. - Top - End - #528

Fear not, good sir! Assistance arrives on hooves of thunder! Tailwind cheered as she took the uniform and held it against her body with a foreleg while chasing after the source of the sound voice.

19. - Top - End - #529

With resolved the group pushes into the forest away from the shore. The calls for help grows stronger and within moments you arrives at the source.

A light grey pony is in a tree hanging on a branch for his life as two crocodile-like creatures snaps their powerful jaws up at the tree trying to get the pony. Their hides seems to be covered in rocks.

"Careful they seems mad!" Open Book cries out as he sees you all.

Spoiler: Animal Speak
    Show
    "Come down here pony, we want a snack!" one of the creature calls out as the other seems to chuckles.

20. - Top - End - #530

DrowGuy

With resolve the group pushes into the forest away from the shore. The calls for help grows stronger and within moments you arrives at the source.

A light grey pony is in a tree hanging on a branch for his life as two crocodile-like creatures snaps their powerful jaws up at the tree trying to get the pony. Their hides seem to be covered in rocks.

"Careful they seems mad!" Open Book cries out as he sees you all.

Show
    "Come down here pony, we want a snack!" one of the creature calls out as the other seems to chuckles.
    Starry Sky pulls up in surprise at the sight of the terrifying creatures, then he cries to Open Book Don't worry! I'll grab you!
    He then flies over to him, careful to approach from above, and grabs the pony (using his magical pony-hand powers that all of the non-unicorns seem to have). He heaves him up and flies him over to a safer, Cragadile-free spot.
    Spoiler: Body Roll, if necessary
    Show
    (2d6)[1][2](3) + 3 {6}
    Dammit Flipping heck! Argh, c'mon Luna! Could somepony help me please?
    Hopefully I'll get a partial success at least...
    Last edited by The_Iron_Lord; 2018-03-23 at 06:48 PM.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

21. - Top - End - #531

"No don't!" he starts as Starry Sky fly over the cragadiles. Two of them slaps their tails hard against the surface of the ground sending dirt, rocks and wooden debris up at the overeager pegasus.

"I would have flown out of here myself if it was that easy!" the pegasus shout a bit angrily as if the action was an insult to his intelligence.

Once of the creature still look up at the tree while the other two turns towards the group now aware of their presence.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    (2d6)[5][4](9) + 2 point of damage to Starry Sky sending him back to the group.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Sugar turn to Deepwood: " Deepwood, work your magic or I think I'll have to cook them good. I heard their meat is actually stringy, salty but good. "

Spoiler: OCC: Harmony with Deepwood
    Show
    I'll make myself look intomidating and flamethrower above one of them if needed

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

BubbleGuard looked scared at the comment from Sugar Rush. Every once in a while, he reminded him why she was so scary though he agreed on her main point. Deepwood was the most likely the one to be capable of dealing with the current situation.
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

24. - Top - End - #534

DrowGuy

"No don't!" he starts as Starry Sky fly over the cragadiles. Two of them slaps their tails hard against the surface of the ground sending dirt, rocks and wooden debris up at the overeager pegasus.

"I would have flown out of here myself if it was that easy!" the pegasus shout a bit angrily as if the action was an insult to his intelligence.

Once of the creature still look up at the tree while the other two turns towards the group now aware of their presence.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    [roll0] + 2 point of damage to Starry Sky sending him back to the group.
    Starry Sky's eyes widen when he sees the debris hurtling towards him, but it's too late to dodge and he gets a rock to the wing. Luckily pegasus wings are one of the toughest parts of their bodies--otherwise he'd be newly flightless. As it was it merely hurt like-- Tartarus!! Ouch... Starry Sky spits out as he wings back to the group. He calls to the pony he attempted to rescue Apologies sir! From here I couldn't see your wings and I believed you were an Earth pony!

Sugar turn to Deepwood: " Deepwood, work your magic or I think I'll have to cook them good. I heard their meat is actually stringy, salty but good. "

Spoiler: OCC: Harmony with Deepwood
    Show
    I'll make myself look intomidating and flamethrower above one of them if needed
    Starry Sky looks surprised, then remembers a moment three weeks ago.

Sugar Rush touch the coffee pot, realizes it's getting lukewarm... and suddenly breathes fire to it to make it hot again!

(Starry Sky dont know it but Sugar got dragon blood from a past adventure XD)
    Right, she's part dragon or something... Stay Sky recalls. Then he composes himself and says And while I may not have given the most impressive showing just now, I will not be taken off-guard again. He accompanies this statement with a glare at the Cragadiles that promises grisly death.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Harmony with Deepwood as well-- +2 and also Starry Sky's Intimidate skill will allow Deepwood to roll 3d6 drop one instead of 2d6

In total, Deepwood's boosts so far:
    +2 from Sugar Rush and Starry Sky Acting In Harmony

+1 from Starry Sky having Wing Pony

+1 because Sugar Rush has a better Heart score than Deepwood

So you'll roll 3d6 drop the lowest plus 4 plus your normal bonuses not counting your Heart score.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Default טRe: The Staff IC: Threat IV: Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon tea party!

Deepwood was thinking of the right aporach toward such arrogant predators, while Starry Sky injuted himself, and made Deepwood to facehoof.

"You will also roast the pony." Deepwood eyerolled.
    "Anyway.. I need you to show off your fire."

Deepwood started to groan and growl like crocodile.
    Show

"Stand aside vermins! We are powerful dragons, and luckily for you, we are stuffed with the last crocodile.pack we ate! Move aside, or we might stuff you lot anyway!"

Roll?

Heart

(2d6)[6][6](12)+1+harmony (no drawbacks- it's his cutie mark)

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

At Deepwood request, Sugar blow up some flames in their directions, trying to look smug and impressive.

27. - Top - End - #537

Begone, BEASTS!! Tailwind roared, adding her impressive volume to Deepwood's clear intimidation tactics.

Aid Another +1

28. - Top - End - #538

Even if obviously you aren't dragons, Sugar Rush's display helped with everyponies posturing and the ranger's threats, the Cragadiles retreat in a hurry.

Show
    "Run, those ponies are even worst than that thrashing sea slug!"

Now that the area is cleared of dangers you see Open Book gently fly down from the tree "By Celestia, did you really just breathed fire?" he inquired at Sugar Rush, curiosity having clearly over taken him. "How do you do that? Is one of you parent a dragon? Ever burned your tongue?"

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

"No, but a dragon sent us here for you. Does it count?" BubbleGuard asks with curiosity. "Speaking of it, this is only the first step towards completing that dragonīs objective."
    or Star Wars.
    Show

Ability Scores:

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

Deepwood "Well, at least they were useful- there are some ponies who trashing the water."

------
    My previouse Avater