New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Is there a way to permanently infuse/absorb/embed magic items into yourself?

So like instead of gloves you take on or off, or a necklace you put on or off, you fuse with the item permanently so that it can never be stolen/removed/taken from you.
    Last edited by sorcererlover; 2017-09-18 at 08:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a way to permanently infuse/absorb/embed magic items?

be a warforged (or renegade mastermaker 10) and make it an embedded component. it costs double, but it's slotless.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    be a warforged (or renegade mastermaker 10) and make it an embedded component. it costs double, but it's slotless.
    Nice! Anyway to get these on non-warforged?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sorcererlover View Post
    Nice! Anyway to get these on non-warforged?
    yes. as I said, you can take all ten levels of the renegade mastermaker prestige class to enjoy this benefit as a non-warforged.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Iron Chef Medals!

5. - Top - End - #5

yes. as I said, you can take all ten levels of the renegade mastermaker prestige class to enjoy this benefit as a non-warforged.
    If I'm reading this right, Renegade Mastermaker works with Warlocks, is that correct?

I might even make my sorcerers become renegade mastermakers! 7th level grants me the feature i want!

edit: I keep forgetting I need 12 pure levels in warlock for imbue item >.<. Still though, awesome on sorcerers!
    Last edited by sorcererlover; 2017-09-18 at 09:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

If I'm reading this right, Renegade Mastermaker works with Warlocks, is that correct?

I might even make my sorcerers become renegade mastermakers! 7th level grants me the feature i want!

edit: I keep forgetting I need 12 pure levels in warlock for imbue item >.<. Still though, awesome on sorcerers!
    yeah, you could if you wanted to.

Iron Chef Medals!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Is there a way to permanently infuse/absorb/embed magic items into yourself?

There's also grafts in several books, literally attaching body parts of supernatural creatures to yourself. And tattoos can be used as slotless magical items.

8. - Top - End - #8

Default Re: Is there a way to permanently infuse/absorb/embed magic items into yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by DrMotives View Post
    There's also grafts in several books, literally attaching body parts of supernatural creatures to yourself. And tattoos can be used as slotless magical items.
    Can warforged components be embedded in construct grafts? And are the tattoos permanent or 1 time use?

9. - Top - End - #9

I found a copy of faiths of eberron! And yes, components can be fitted onto the legs and hands. Does this include slotless warforged components? Because that's what matters here.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Can warforged components be embedded in construct grafts? And are the tattoos permanent or 1 time use?
    The first question does not make sense. Some are permanent, some are temporary.

I found a copy of faiths of eberron! And yes, components can be fitted onto the legs and hands. Does this include slotless warforged components? Because that's what matters here.
    Just so you know, renegade mastermaker is in magic of eberron, not faiths of eberron (though faiths of eberron is one of my favorites so is a good grab either way)

you can put components on the relevant slot. you can pay to make any magic item into a warforged component and make it slotless by paying double. then it does not use any slots.

Iron Chef Medals!

11. - Top - End - #11

Planetar

I suppose you could always swallow a few ioun stones but I don't think the pros outweigh the cons. Although an ioun stone that's small and round could be used as a glass eye maybe?

As for wands/rods you can always attach them to your arm if you lose a limb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post

What are the places: Elf-land. Dwarf-land. Ethnic-stereotype-land(s). And who could forget The Big Chill and Spooky-Underground-Elf-Land?

Necromance if you want to

We can bring your friends to life

But if your friends aren't dead and if they aren't dead then their no friends of mine

12. - Top - End - #12

The first question does not make sense. Some are permanent, some are temporary.

Just so you know, renegade mastermaker is in magic of eberron, not faiths of eberron (though faiths of eberron is one of my favorites so is a good grab either way)

you can put components on the relevant slot. you can pay to make any magic item into a warforged component and make it slotless by paying double. then it does not use any slots.
    I wasn't talking about renegade mastermaker. i was talking about construct grafts from Faiths of Eberron. The Mighty Arm and Heavy Legs grafts specifically say you can put warforged components in there of the correct slot. Mighty arm says you can attach warforged components that attach to the hand or arm, so how about the slotless components? Can I fit them in the Mighty arm or Heavy Legs? How about Heart of Steel or Wakeful Mind grafts?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Weapon Graft (Fiend Folio).
    In the game, everything is a weapon (even if improvised ), thus - legal for grafting (presuming you're OK with losing access to one of your hands)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, for a custom item: You could add magical properties to an already embeddable item, like a loregem, or a pearl of speech, and so on.
    Last edited by Bronk; 2017-09-19 at 07:32 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Weapon Graft (Fiend Folio).
    In the game, everything is a weapon (even if improvised ), thus - legal for grafting (presuming you're OK with losing access to one of your hands)
    Ingenious. Too bad you have to be an illithid to use that feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post
    Also, for a custom item: You could add magical properties to an already embeddable item, like a loregem, or a pearl of speech, and so on.
    Also ingenious, but custom items are flat out not allowed in my DMs game due to how crazy broken they can be.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Too bad you have to be an illithid to use that feat.
    Fleshwarper may do it from 3rd level

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

There's a Psionic power (graft weapon) which grafts a weapon to one of your hands. The weapon behaves as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon.

The weapon remains grafted to you for 24 hours, or until you dismiss the power.

Not permanent, but easily renewed.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/po...raftWeapon.htm

EDIT -- Ooo, one more:

When you're Wild Shaped, your items are melded into your new form. So you could be a Druid and never return to your natural form.

The downside is that your items are generally non-functional when melded, but there are ways to work around that, in which case it would do what you want (albeit at the cost of Wild Shape uses and limited by Wild Shape duration).
    Last edited by Nifft; 2017-09-19 at 02:44 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

I swore there was a way to have a cyst or symbiont which contained a magic item or acted as one, but I cannot find it at all if I didn't just make it up. I'd think it would be somewhere in the Fleshwarping guide if it existed, but I don't see it.
    You can call me Daryll if you want.

"I am everything you want me to be, but nothing you expect me to be."

Thurbane's signature is far more useful than mine.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by supersonic29 View Post
    I swore there was a way to have a cyst or symbiont which contained a magic item or acted as one, but I cannot find it at all if I didn't just make it up. I'd think it would be somewhere in the Fleshwarping guide if it existed, but I don't see it.
    are you thinking of a cancerous companion? they can take actions and cast spells sometimes, but they aren't items.

Iron Chef Medals!

20. - Top - End - #20

RedWizardGuy

Have you considered Tattoos? I don't mean the Psionic Tattoos of 3.5 that are basically just flavorful potion replacements, but rather to have your slotless custom made magical item applied to your body as a tattoo. As I recall, there's already at least one in Magic of Faerun, some kind of monk item as tattoo as I recall.

There's also the good old fashioned method of 'I have access to healing magic, don't mind me while I do some minor surgery to fit this ring around one of my ribs and heal everything up so it can't be removed easily and isn't readily apparent'. Probably best with a Ring of Regeneration that's been hacked to also have Ring of Sustenance on it, but it's something that has always made sense to me as a means of utilizing a magic item. After all, I don't recall anywhere in the rules that specifies you have to wear the rings on your hands to have them be effective, just that you are limited in how many magic rings you can wear at once and still have them do anything.

On that note, you could wear a ring on your toes, or other out of sight location (possibly even have a piercing with a magic ring), if you just need to have it be hard to remove.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

There's also Sculpt Self, who's mechanics are essentially this, and who can easily be fluffed as this.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

You can arguably use Use Magic Device to emulate the race requirements of Warforged Components.

Also, you don't need custom items. In the Eberron Campaign Setting, it states that any magic item can just be made as a Warforged Component at no extra cost. They will still eat slots, but are embedded or attached instead of worn.

Quote Originally Posted by ECS p. 268, paragraph 1
    Any character capable of creating a magic item can make the same magic item as a warforged component, and any warforged character capable of using a magic item can use the same item as a warforged component. Warforged components use the special rules given below, and otherwise conform to the normal rules for creating and using magic items.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    You can arguable use Use Magic Device to emulate the race requirements of Warforged Components.
    lol! Serious? Does this mean I can embed a bunch of magic items in my gargantuan fire elemental character? with no flesh?

edit: I'm making a separate thread to confirm this!
    Last edited by magicalmagicman; 2017-09-19 at 11:39 PM.