The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Gundam: Wrath of the Stars IC

Captain Brighton nods, as Athrusa describes a feeling she's felt herself, her expression both sympathetic and comradely.

"I'm sorry, Athrusa. Experiencing that....it's hard. It's really, really hard. It does sound very similar to what Newtypes can experience if we open ourselves too much. Or...if we've not learned how to control our abilities well enough, yet."

She nods to Yuuki, before looking back to Athrusa, and speaking cautiously. She doesn't want to alarm Athrusa, but it sounds like this might be bothering the young pilot more than she's letting on.

"If you want, we can try and find the system in your suit, and turn it off. It sounds like some echo of the former pilots is left. I've...heard rumors of such things happening to certain Newtype-use suits, and for awhile it was thought that Sazabi's AI might have absorbed something of that nature, before it had a proper pilot, but this is the first time I've heard of it in a baseline-use suit. It's up to you, though."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #842
    Troll in the Playground

Athrusa looks to Yuuki with a sympathetic look on her face. She's quiet for a longer moment. "I'm not going to lie - it is pretty overwhelming to experience at first, but..."

She bobs her head one way, her ears wiggling up and down in her consternation. "I don't feel Nephy -- well, that's what I'm calling it, anyway... I've seen the term 'ZERO' in it too... I don't think Nephy is malicious?" She frowns, a bit puzzled. "That sounds a bit odd to describe a system, but I feel like seeing both Kaydara and Mattias' memories in it made me think it does its best for its pilot. It's just a lot of strain, I think..."

She pumps her hands up to psyche herself, looking to Yuuki. "I'm sorry to make you worry! But I want to try to learn more about it... because I think the memories in it might be able to help us someday, sooner or later. But... I'd be okay if you wanted a remote override if the worst case happens, Captain."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuuki shakes her head at Athrusa. "No, don't apologize for that. It's my own hangup, not something you did wrong."

"But ZERO, huh... We could try asking some of the older engineers to look into it. I doubt they would know anything if it hadn't been discovered before, but maybe somebody will know somebody else. Even if it's just about how it could theoretically work."

"I've heard rumors about people experimenting with Gundam piloted by AI way back in the Universal Century," Yuuki muses. "If it was real, maybe this 'ZERO' had something to do with that."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Grahn nods, salutes and returns to his duties, allowing IVan and Agrias to get on with their mission. The dock space gives way to a commercial district once they're outside the berthing area, with vendors selling everything from weapons and ammunition to clothes, uniforms, food, electronics and spare parts. There are even a few places purporting to be mobile suit dealerships, some with suits dating back a hundred years or more. It will take the pair half an hour to reach the sector tram station on foot, where they can transfer to a tram and reach other sectors of the station relatively quickly, if they go directly there, but given their mission, it may be prudent to try and take a more circuitous route in case anyone is watching.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Describe how you're going to approach getting to the tram station guys.

Captain Brighton shakes her head.

"If you're fine with it how it is, then I'm fine continuing the way things are, Athrusa. I just wanted to offer the option if it was a problem." She looks to Yuuki. "We could try asking around, I suppose. Maybe Anaheim knows something, too, I can see if we can get Director Skye to do some checking on that end. It doesn't sound like a fully autonomous piloting system to me, though. It wouldn't need Matthias or this...Kaydara, was it? Their memories, in order to function. For that matter, it wouldn't need a physical pilot, either."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

Yuki looks down, frowning. "I guess I don't know what it could be then, since the Nephilim doesn't have psycho-frame in it. But if Athrusa thinks it's helpful then I guess it doesn't really matter what it is."
    Main character-ish avatar by Oneris.
    Onyx 5: Volsung. May he live forever.

I have a quote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Vale View Post
    You are a sick and twisted man.
    I like you.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't think it's fully autonomous," Athrusa admits. "I remember a moment where it was seeking a pilot for input. But other than that... it was a strong and convincing enough presence to me. I don't know much about AI, but I almost feel like it's more like it 'chooses' not to, rather than 'can't'..."

She tilts her head and shyly smiles. "But ah, I don't know the technology at all -- Yuuki's right in that there's no psycho-frame on the mobile suit. If Director Skye or Anaheim can offer some clues, that'd be great."