New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default Re: In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords [IC]

Frustrated by the situation at hand, the newcomer looks at his would be captors and frowns deeply, "Such evilness around me. I can only pray that Pelor will bring light and truth to your foul hearts." His weapon lower, but not dropped, he begins to pray aloud, "Great Pelor, whose light shines upon all things, may you grant wisdom to these wretched creatures who would gain from the sufferings of others. Turn there hearts toward truth and honor and away from this dark path they are on." His voice is loud and full of righteousness.
    Pokemon Points: 50

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Yes, yes the light of Pelor and whatnot," says Wheets, plugging one finger in his ear in mock irritation at the stranger's pontifications. "May he also give you the wisdom to put down that very sharp blade I see you're still holding."

Breon continues to "paint" with his dust, becoming ever more involved in his work and tuning out the outside world. The design is difficult to see, but is circular in shape and inscribed with ornate runes and glyphs.

Wein, successfully pinning his opponent, savors the victory for a brief moment before a dawning realization of "Now what?" breaks on his face. "Rosetta, can you help me out here?" he calls.

"I'm a little busy with my own task," she replies, still standing as a barrier for a reserved but persistent Trez.

"Well throw me an extra rope at least," he says to her.

The half-orcess reaches into a pack on her back, pulls out a coil of rope and tosses it to her fellow guard where it lands with a *whump* on his back.

"Thanks," he says drily and spends a moment trying to figure out how to reach and use the rope without letting Alan up while Rosetta smacks an opportunistic Trez who tried to dash by while she was distracted.
    ((JE, Wein effectively did nothing this turn other than maintain the pin, so it's your turn to do something.))

Ansen, knife still to Tristan's throat relaxes slightly but scans the hallway constantly in an attempt to keep his eyes on everyone at once.
    Meh, I have nothing clever to say here.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aerhalyss

While seemingly she did not much during the last few seconds, the elf has been trying to figure out what Breon is painting.

Spoiler
    Show

knowledge arcana - (1d20+13)[25]
    spellcraft - (1d20+18)[22]

((OOC: I think it's ok to get some passive information from looking and still act after Rashnik, right?))
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alan Gibbs, Pinned and about to be Hogtied

If finally grappling with one of the foes got Alan's adrenaline going, seeing the rope thrown sent it into overdrive. The freedom-loving rogue, after having been gooed, slept, blinded and now grappled, wouldn't bear the notion of being tied down like an animal by this brute. He kicks out again, rolling and twisting, trying to escape the pin.

Escape Artist - (1d20+8)[10](18)

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aerhalyss:
    ((Sure thing; Alan and Wein are the only ones in any kind of order, and loosely at that.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dust...the designs...it clicks. Breon is creating a Teleportation Circle, an impressive, and expensive feat. You notice, though, that he seems to analyze the brush he's using every once in a while. It could be that it is the source of the amount power needed for such a spell, much like a wand or rod, rather than the spellcaster himself.

Alan:
    With the aid of the adrenaline, Alan finally slips his way free of Wein, barely sliding out from underneath the man.

((Assuming Alan uses a move action to stand up rather than lay on the ground...))
    Wein rises from the floor and gathers his rope in hand, taking time to adjust it into a useful arrangement and engages in a standoff with the rogue, looking for another opportunity to attack.

6. - Top - End - #366

Aerhalyss

The elf shouts "Hey, magician! Where does the teleportation circle lead to?"

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Rashnik

The lizardman smiles. A teleportation circle eh? He continues to passively wait until the circle is finished or ally acts, fingering his trident as his eyes measure the distance to each of his foes in the room...

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

8. - Top - End - #368
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

The newcomer shakes his head, "I can not abandon the symbol of Pelor. My mace is his divine spirit made manifest and I shall not freely discard this, you will have to remove it from my hands." He looks closer at the man holding the blade to the innocent man's throat, "Will you add more blood to your hands? Let him go and end this evil. Turn away from this course and step into the light once more." Part of him knows that this won't work, but part of him hopes the distraction will open avenues to better ideas.

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy check to see if I can get him to release Tristan
    (1d20+7)[12]

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Breon continues his work on the ground, so absorbed in his designing he seems cut off from the outside world. Just when it seems he completely ignored Aerhalyss, he replies, "To the prisons." He outlines some more lacy designs before mumbling again, "Though with the fight you've put up, they might send you to the ceremonial block."

"Ah, you religious types and your deities. Holster it and pledge not to take it out again, and I won't have Ansen slit his throat. Your type is honorable to a fault, so I know you wouldn't dare break a promise made, now would you?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

The newcomer listens to what is said and slowly lowers his mace to his side. He nods, grimly, "I will not attack you while that man's life is in your hands. But, I can't say that I will hold to that should you murder him." He narrows his eyes and stares at Wheets intently.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Fair enough," says the bard, glibly, almost dismissively.

Breon continues his business on the floor; judging from the stylizations and intricacies in his designs, he is either nearly finished or attempting obscene levels of detail.

((For Alan vs. Wein, it's Alan's turn as Wein is looking for an opportunity. I should have made that clearer.))

12. - Top - End - #372

Aerhalyss

"I guess you would not waste a scroll of teleportation circle just to kill us...."

She sighs.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alan Gibbs

Seeing his opportunity, Alan lowers his gaze and acts as though he's laying down arms, then swiftly strikes at his attacker once more.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was probably me that didn't get it. I'm in the midst of finals, working on a take-home due Monday morning, so I'm sorry I'm (once again) holding things up.

feint - (1d20+5)[15](20)

atk1 - (1d20+6)[1](7)
    dmg1 - (1d4+3)[4](7)
    sa1 - (2d6)[6][3](9)

atk2 - (1d20+6)[14](20)
    dmg2 - (1d4+1)[4](5)
    sa2 - (2d6)[5][5](10)

I hope I don't get everyone into more trouble, but I have a feeling that this guy is going to attack me whether I hit him or not...

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

In his haste to attack, Alan loses his grip on his dagger and it clatters to the floor. He takes a swing with his off hand and nearly slices Wein in half, but his armor repels the attack. In the arc of the swing, Alan does manage to leave a light scratch on the man's cheek.

Pissed and frustrated, Wein strikes back with his fists, only to have the nimble rogue dodge the blow.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Rashnik

The lizardman stares at Alan's sudden attack, looks over to see what Aerhalyss's reaction was, and then charges the Ranger (Ansen?) as the fray starts to build.

Rashnik doesn't stop when he hits the ranger: he plows into him at full speed and keeps moving.
    Spoiler
    Show

Improved Bull Rush: No AoO from the ranger.
    Bull Rush - (1d20+10)[25]
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-05-15 at 11:24 AM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ansen tumbles to the side with a wooosh as air is knocked out of his lungs. "So that's how it's going to be, eh reptile? Well done; now let's not waste time with this." He stands up and sheathes his dagger, puts up his fists and prepares to fight.

((For clarification, which direction did you push him?))

17. - Top - End - #377

Aerhalyss

Still standing just at the edge of the fog bank the elf looks closely where any one is standing exactly and what their status is.

((OOC: can we have an update who is where and doing what in which condition? ))

18. - Top - End - #378
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alan Gibbs

Emboldened, Alan flips his dagger into his main hand and quickly draws another from his belt, lashing out at his attacker with both blades.

Spoiler
    Show

MH - (1d20+6)[7]
    damage - (1d4+3)[5]

OH - (1d20+5)[12]
    damage - (1d4+1)[3]

I'm speechless. I have never in my life rolled as poorly as Alan does in this game.
    Last edited by JEntropy; 2008-05-17 at 01:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Rashnik pushes the ranger away from the helpless paladin.

Up and to the right I believe if that direction is clear, if not subtract 2 from Rashnick's bull rush since he couldn't charge and instead push the ranger down and to the right. Either way, the lizardman would prefer to end standing to the left of the ranger with a clear path to the teleportation circle.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((Are folks going to post their positions? Rashnik, Tristan and Ansen are accounted for. Breon and Wheets are along the north wall a little west of the doorway to the barracks, the bard standing guard over the oblivious mage. Rosetta is a bit west of them and more towards the middle of the hall, Sechrin behind her and Trez in front. Wein's position is dependent on where Alan is.))

21. - Top - End - #381
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

((OOC: When I was blind, I was over smacking on the Bard, and unless they have moved away from me, I am still there. I think there are bad guys between me and the regular group.))

22. - Top - End - #382

If the path is clear Aerhalyss will simply move over and cut the rope that binds Tristan. (since the ranger is away)

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Alan had just gotten up from the wall when he was grappled. Ostensibly still dancing in a 5' radius around that position.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Trez continues to try to find a way around Rosetta, though his enthusiasm has waned and despairs at finding a way around her huge form.
    Wein evades the rogue's blades, and attacks with a riposte of his own (-1hp).

((Modified OoI))
    Trez - -5hp
    Wein - Darkvision
    Rosetta - Barkskin
    Rashnik - -11hp
    Aerhalyss
    Newcomer
    Alan - -6hp
    Ansen

Finally looking up from his handiwork, Breon surveys the violence beginning to once again break out. He scowls in frustration, exchanges a meaningful glance and quiet words with Wheets, and steps into the circle he just created. The fabric of space swirls around the mage before he vanishes from sight.

((Attempt at a map))
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't track down VE's last map, so I'm approximating using one of his older maps and the positions you all have stated. If I'm off on a position, let me know and I'll correct it immediately.
    ________________________|. .|______
    .......W..Al..................(..).Wh................
    .................An........Tz..Ro...........N..... .......
    ........Ae..R..T...............S.................. ..........
    .................................................. .......

25. - Top - End - #385

Aerhalyss

The elf fires a color spray at Wein. (With a Will save DC of 16). If he fails he will be blinded and stunned for (1d4)[3] rounds and after that stunned for another 1 round. If he has more than 4 HD (edit: above 4 HD instead of being blinded, there will be only a stun) he will be stunned for only 1 round and drops everything he is holding.

The she moves down+right behind Rashnik to get some cover from melee.
    Last edited by Krelon; 2008-06-10 at 07:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Rashnik

"Hesss, oh yesss It'll be this way!" The lizardman says laughing as he drops his trident. He doesn't bother with fists: he has claws!

(power attack[1] on each claw swip)
    Claw1 - (1d20+6)[26] damage - (1d4+5)[8]
    Claw1 - (1d20+6)[12] damage - (1d4+5)[7]
    Bite - (1d20+2)[8] damage - (1d4+2)[3]
    Crit if applicable - (1d20)[4] (1d4)[4]

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

Seeing the fight break out once more, the newcomer resumes his head bashing and closes in on Wheets, attempting to bring Pelor's judgment through his mace.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack (d20+4)[13]
    Damage (1d8+2)[9]