New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: City of Sinister Delights IC 2

Folkir considers a bit before responding, "Poison doesn't budder me much, and I have a few trinkets fawh telepawhtin' if I get grabbed, dey're radder limited though, took em off dis annoyin' chap who thought I coun't guess where he'd go next. Invisible could be a problem. We got a countuh tuh dat? Or should I just carry gobs of mud tuh flin' when I hear buzzin'?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Will sat down on a rock in though, looking at the mysterious files whose contents could be his demise.

I have an idea, we should make ideas. This sounds stupid but for the time that I have been with you all we have just rushed head first into everything and we... got beat up. We should have a plan before every conflict, also ways to get away and places to hide. We should, if we can, chose the battle field and prepare beforehand. As I have learned in my years up study on this subject: planning is key. However we can't take forever to make the perfect battlefield and the best plan; we must also pay attention to the time that we have.

It seems that this Alexia is a few steps ahead of us but she in one and we are seven. We need to play to our strengths and protect our weaknesses, and do this for the rest of us. It all comes down to who is the most prepared. Without preparation we will be destroyed but the same goes for Alexia.

also in all the legends and stories that I know, which there are hundreds, every group of heroes have a name. I am not saying that we are heroes, but we are going to try to save our homes, our friends, our lives, ou city, and, in effect, the world.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

@Locke: Nothing ventured...

The manhole falls on the asphalt and rumbles a bit from the force exerted by you as the torch comes into being and your nostrils are assaulted by the worse possible stench a sewer could ever accumulate as a few rung ladders, cold and slippers, help you down fifteen feet and you look around.

How long have these sewers been unchecked? That strange tingling feeling from the other day when you and Folkir went down to inspect hannah's cellar can be felt here, as you still do not tread further in, but thanks to the light granted by your ever burning torch, you can see this place is gigantic.

A large green rancid cistern serves as a pool, which extends further than the torch;'s radius. Clumps of mold have taken to the walls and floor of the sewer, as well as a few claw marks on the stone wall. Old ones by the look of it- none made by any animal you know.

At this point, you still have the option of climbing back up, or continuing your investigation onward.

Map

@Rusty: Corwin takes one of the rings and pockets it.

"This will come in handy. I will be Sending periodically to you as well, just in case. Since these are one day use only. As for Gram? Yes, I do believe she might have more down there. When Archaidious, myself and many others went to her main foyer, she had that guy Anderson already turned into one of those monster soldiers.

That was many months ago. Who knows if she hasn't made more since... or we simply did not explore deep enough into her domain to find them, but more prowling below is a possibility, reason why I do not envy where you are headed.""

Corwin rubs his chin as you ask where to.

"Honestly? The route I took was not the safest. When myself, Silvia and others were on Mithmironel's trail, we stumbled upon a nest of those things. We were lucky to escape with our lives intact... or mostly intact.

I don't suggest taking my way- even if Ross supposedly blew the nest up, that was months ago and you have read the files: those things reproduce quickly.

I heard there is one access point, but I have no idea how to open it. It is in the sewers as well. Soraya of the Society contacted me with this information. Some stone door with an unusual key. They never found what the key was... or she didn't elaborate enough, but it should get you further inside and to her domain. A dwarf by the name of Davorin Mineshadow should know how to get there. He is Society as well.""

Upon mention of changing locations due to more people knowing, Will just blurts out how plans need to be made.

You are seven- despite only being five, a familiar and a robot- and she is alone. Victory is assured.

And also- and this being extremely important- you are Heroes... but not really. And like not really heroes, you need a name. Nothing else matters... just a name!

Corwin begins to step back into the shadows and looks at the half elf, shaking his head and contacting you and you alone mentally:

Ross and I are concerned about this, Hannibal. We know since Seti that a few people might know our location, but all of them are in The Mercy. None of them have had contact with the City...

Until Will just stammered in.

A mass migration to a new locale will take time. Ross is not taking risks with the half elf, Hannibal:

If he becomes a liability... we will deal with him as one... very swiftly. Reason why I may be contacting you if we find out something sketchy about him. I will let you know... Good luck.

And having said that, Corwin disappears into the shadows and is heard no more.
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2017-09-27 at 02:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64

No one? no one has any name ideas? really?

I knew that you all were boring. I have some ideas. How about Will and Co.? or Will and other badasses (but I am more badass). Raikou, come up with some shocking. Rusty, I don't think you can come up with a good name.. after all you are a bit rusty. Calliope, whats your call on getting a name for this... group. Folkir is it? you aren't one of the regular folk that are here. And Anya, have any ideas? air guy! I think you need some rest... after all you seem a bit winded

does everyone hate me now? thought so.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"A name wont help help us and I dont think naming our group can even be considered planning", Rusty says simply and lead the way, "Let's find Davorin and get this sewer incursion going, shall we?"

While walking, Rusty look to Will, "And no one hates you, people just dont understand your humor and you creep people when talking to people that arent here", "he looks around, "No Anya nor Calliope at our side. It's almost as if Pythia was here"

He begin to move and make some quesions around, trying to figure out where that sniper dwarf might be.
    "Travis, you were Seti and Anya's friend and they belonged to the Society, right? Dont you know where those guys might meet?"

Spoiler: Gather Info
    Show
    Tracking down Davorin or any Society hideout.
    (1d20+14)[21]
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

6. - Top - End - #66

I don't think from all my days in the Bitter Coffee I have heard anything about where the society meets. I was part of it a long time ago but they almost certainly moved their base. lets see if I can remember anything

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    gather info (1d20+10)[28]
    know local (1d20+10)[11]

also I got the names messed up because I was super tired should have gone to bed a few hours ago. that is why I made that mistake, if there is any way we could ignore that I would like that.
    Last edited by Baby Gary; 2017-09-26 at 10:37 PM.

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Travis says "I probably shouldn't say it, but I don't think we stand much of a chance. We only beat Gram and un-Hannah with a lot of help, and that was fighting them separately. Facing another ubersowhat, plus un-Hannah, plus Alexia who is very likely much stronger than either, plus her other minions, on her turf, is a fools' quest.

I think I have met only one hero in my life, and that was Hannah, the real one. We are certainly not heroes.

But I do like the idea of a name. The old Syndicate of Swords, the group that raided the old SMC factory and found out about the Tank and its stolen control rod, is no more. I guess only Raikou knows what I'm talking about.

How about ... The Righteous Rats? The Sewer Saints? The Deadly Drinkers? The Slightly Above Average Concerned Citizens?

I have a spell that will let me see invisible creatures, and can cast a glitterdust, but that's pretty limited.

I suggest we all stock up on antitoxin before going near the sewers.

I might know where a Society meeting place was, but I won't lead you there. I'll go myself and check it out."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: You look at your group and definitely notice Anya and Calliope's absence. Neither priestess nor beguiler will be joining you below towards Alexia's domain.

And about Will's persona? well, he may think people hate him... but that isn't entirely true. After all, without Calliope or Anya with you, he is the closest thing after the floating metal orb you have to a cleric. If you and Folkir are going to be fighting who knows what down there, you will need someone that can heal...

And the medibot's ability to act as doctor is limited. A machine can only do so much before human ingenuity shines on.

@Will: You may have to come up with a name later on for the group. After all, you haven't really got to know all of them in depth and the dwarf is a newcomer.

What you do know is people. A lot of them. You may not know where The Society is holed up, but Davorin is known to a few beggars and brigands as you guide the rag tag group which draws a lot of attention thanks to the metal orb floating beside you as the crackling flame barrels illuminate a smelly alley and the stars are barely visible above with all the smoke.

The distant roar of one of those ghouls echoes through the dark... they aren't all taken down, but hopefully other groups will be on the hunt tonight, as a lone ragged looking man in a patchwork cloak steps forth from a group of beggars and lifts his hand, a sign of peace.

"Word is you're looking for Davorin the Dwarf. Quite a group you have here with you... why, may I ask, are you looking for him?""

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

His interest is definitely piqued by the latest document given to them.

Last to see it, he reads it over quickly.

Fey leaders... extended experimentation? And not subject to the Novista-program? That's not good, no wait, that is good isn't it? That means these three must still be alive! The enchantress lady will be a little relieved to hear that.
    There in something called the Phobos Program? I wonder what F103 is.

If I can't find that Arch fellow maybe at least we can find these fey.

He puts the document away and listens to the others discuss a group name.

Yeah... I don't know if I'd call us brave heroes. Or saints or righteous.

I'd go with the Slightly Above Average Concerned citizens one, well, if I were actually a citizen.

Oh, and bookworm, nice puns. Don't listen to Hammers. I think you're pretty funny. In fact, I think I actually dislike you less now.

Then on the matter of finding Davorin.

Davorin...? Oh Ol' Gruffbeard? He definitely knows his way around those sewers. He got us out of there when we went exploring... At least he got some of us out alive.

Raikou tells Rusty and the others once Corwin leaves.

He's also right about the door though. There was some door we passed that was locked up pretty well. But I think we found the "keys" needed for it... if they can be even called that. The door asked for Eyes and Teeth... And we found a set of both on some crazy experiment in a slightly different area.

He reaches into his bag and pulls out the Jaws and Eyes of the Stone Skull he had found on his sewer trip. This should help us get further into the sewers than I did with Gruffbeard and Soraya. He grimaces as he is reminded of that fight. Not a very pleasant place.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

@Travis: As the group makes its way through the Mercy at night, you look at the tall dark structures, barely illuminated by the fires from different barrels and the shadows cast by the beggars, twisting and turning into eerie forms only to reform.

This is a Death March. Gram was taken down by a combined monumental effort from everyone before he was brought down.

Hannah- or rather the creature that boasted her name- managed to slay several of your friends and allies, needing the intervention of the oldest Church Leader in Halmathan to barely survive and not end up as a zombie.

And now, you are all willing to go against the one who made them? Madness!

But heroes or not, this is your home now. Be it at the mercy of a Tyrant or a Mad Queen, you need to rid of this City of at least one Evil... but which is the lesser of them?

As for names for your entourage? Plenty spring to mind. The Syndicate of Swords did successfully manage to infiltrate the old SMC factory and warn everyone of what was transpiring in this place.

But that seems like years ago. Faces have come and go, with only Raikou being a constant. And a good constant he is:

The little guy should be able to blast through several of Alexia's minions with ease. He did so before. He can do it again.

@Raikou: You read one of the files detailing three 'fey leaders'....

Could it be that these are Fyrune's friends? They were her mentors before Alexia abducted all the fey in Halmathan. If they are powerful enough to not have been turned to those grisly bugs, then you can rescue them. They can be saved!

But the file mentions they have been captive for a long time. Phobos Program? What is Phobos anyway? And they are guarded by a number... not good.

If Archaidious is down there, maybe these fey can help get him out. But for that to happen, you need to rescue them first. Running around sewers with those unseen creatures is a death wish. You;ll ran low on steam before they overwhelm you, something you discovered all too well last time you went down to the sewers and discovered Cutter's little play pen. Which brings another issue at hand...

Subject Stan.

That monster was taken down by you, Soraya, Davorin, Isobel and the very small group of surviving Society mooks. Subject Stan was a true horror in battle. Had Cyrus not been able to keep you aloft, you would most likely not be here now.

However, you prevailed. And as tough as that rotting corpse was, you managed to best him and pluck his stone eyes and lower jaw from his body. essential pieces to open a door that, by the time you and the others were done with Stan, was the last thing you wanted to explore, given how exhaustive that mission turned out to be.

But now you are rested. And you have a way further into the sewers and to Alexia's domain. Thankfully, you know Davorin and halflings and dwarves get along well, that's a fact... or is it gnomes?

And this becomes true as one of the beggars questions Will and several crossbows are locked and loaded in the shadows above before the Leader of the Fraternal Cobblers comes out of the shadows, arms extended and a smile on his face:

"Stormy, old boy! How the hell are ya?! I thought you'd have left after that whole Hannah House of Horror show! Put down your weapons, boys.""

A bunch of shadows move above on the old buildings, but you can tell they are watching all of you as Davorin walks up to you and shakes your hand.

"What brings the Master Blaster to this side of town? And I think I remember some of the faces with you...

Except that guy... and that thing with you.""

Davorin looks at Folkir and the Medibot, who hovers beside you and Cyrus.

"So what can I do for you, Raikou? Interested in something? I might have a trinket or two from that battle with The Roosters... for the right price.""

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Inwardly wondering if his nostrils would ever recover from the perpetual wave of filth that was battering them, Locke hefted the torch in his left hand proceeded forward and to the left. He kept an eye out for things on the walls and ceiling as much as on the floor infront of him, every so often he'd check the great green pool for ripples of movement. Something was down here, that was for certain, what and where........ he didn't mind finding out, getting surprised by it though....he'd definitely try to avoid that.

As he walked he let a small smirk place itself on his face as he walked, humming a song the children had often sung when they had to clean chamber pots or outhouses. "Great green globs of greasy grimey....."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"Good evening, Davorin", he greet the dwarf, "We are looking for some instructions below and the reporter told you might know your way down in the sewers. The night seems pleasant for tour underground".

At the mention if trinkets, Hannibal look at his pockets for some gold, "Climbing apparatus, ropes, some chalks and a handful of torches would be good. Maybe some flasks of oil and antitoxin. And portable ram and a crowbar. How much would that cost?"

Spoiler: Shady Deals
    Show
    Masterwork Climber's kit
    Grappling hook
    Silken rope (100ft)
    10 pithons
    One backpack
    5 torches
    10 piece of chalk
    Flasks of oil (as much as he have in stock)
    Antitoxin (as much as he have in stock)
    One portable ram
    One crowbar
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

@Locke: The strong smell of methane fills the air in this place.

If someone were to cast or throw something flammable, you could turn this whole sewer system into an inferno... and char yourself in the process.
    Thankfully, the place isn't too big ceiling wise- fifteen feet tops.

But nevertheless, you move forward, allowing your torch to help you see as you keep an eye out for the immense pool riddled with green goop and floating debris of who knows what nature.

Something has latched to the edges of the cistern, clinging to them as your torch casts light upon them:

They are as big as a coconut and all of them cracked. It's an egg, but of what? and there seems to be dozens of them stuck to the edge of the pool, with shells of them bobbing on the fetid water a few feet away.

A wooden door can be seen a few feet away, slightly ajar, but the path continues on around the green pool.

Spoiler: The Check
    Show
    Roll a Listen

Map

@Rusty: Davorin listens to your words and looks at your group.

"You guys must be mental! My scouts said they saw someone not too long ago head down there... alone. What is it with you and death wishes, anyways? I have a limited map of the place: Raikou and myself covered as much as we could. The entrance isn't too far, but I will not send my people down there this time.

If you go, you're on your own. Besides, anything we could loot, was already looted.""

However, on the mention of coin, the dwarf rubs his red beard and looks at one of his rogues, who signals another one and within minutes, bring a crate.

"I can't offer everything you;re asking, but you are Raikou's friend and he did save my ass. Having said that...""

Davorin points at Will.

"That guy blinded me with his magic when we fought Hannah. I could've died to that freak.""

The rogues open the crate and shed some light inside as Davorin shows you the goods.

Spoiler: Wares
    Show

Torches x3: 30 cp

Crowbar: 3gp

Backpack: 3gp

Chalk x10: free

Flasks of Oil x10: 10 silver

Antitoxin x10: 600gp

"That's what we got. Poison and its treatment have become a lot more necessary now, hence the price surge, but hey! You get free chalk. Not a bad deal, right? Besides, if you're going down there, inflated prices will be the very least of your worries. This is a one time offer, boys. I suggest you take it.""
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2017-09-27 at 06:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

RedWizardGuy

Locke cocked his head, ears craning to here something from behind the door. Last thing he wanted was to get ambushed, but he couldn't similarly investigate any crack or hole that happened to appear. He glanced at the ground around the door, looking for scrape marks or footprint or tracks, anything to indicate something had recently moved through the area.

He'd investigate noises and movement, but otherwise he figured he'd keep moving, after all if there was a super evil lair down here, how well hidden would it be? Protected yes, hidden.....hopefully his enemy didn't have that many resources to spend hiding, after all they were in the sewer of the slums.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Rolls: Listen & Spot (if allowed)
    Listen: (1d20+10)[21]
    Spot: (1d20+10)[24]

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

@Locke: You keep moving deeper into the sewer system and keen your senses for any movement as you lift the ever burning torch so as to get more mileage out of its light...

The door is slightly ajar and you can see on the slimy floor old foot prints of varying sizes coming in and out and heading east and deeper towards the sewers.

The smell of rotting flesh coming from the room is particularly nasty, as your torch allows you to see a ruined military tent and the remains of a bonfire, long extinguished.

Your torch also catches sight of a hole in the ground a few feet away. Looks old, as if something burrowed through solid stone.

As for sounds, only mild ripples in the water as the drain pipes above drip drop onto the cistern. There doesn't seem to be any...

It is then that you are attacked!

Unseen claws rip into your flesh as the deafening sounds of buzzing wings fill the sewers. Something has flown straight towards you and although utterly unseen, you can see your arms being squeezed and scraped as the smell of acid begins to invade your nostrils!

What the hell lairs down here?!

Spoiler: 1st Claw
    Show
    8 damage

Spoiler: 2nd Claw
    Show
    3 damage plus improved grab DC 22

And as if an unseen creature ripping your flesh weren't bad enough, your face and torso are bathed in acid!

Spoiler: Acid Spray
    Show
    12 acid damage. Reflex DC 16 for half

The sounds of buzzing wings echo throughout the entire cistern... how many are they...and where?!

Map
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2017-09-27 at 11:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Rusty take out the coin to pay Davorin, "A shame you have no climbing apparatus. Not even hempen ropes?", he ask and pay the man.

Spoiler: Purchases
    Show
    Torches x3: 30 cp
    Crowbar: 3gp
    Backpack: 3gp
    Chalk x10: free
    Flasks of Oil x10: 10 silver
    Those are paid from Rusty's money.

Antitoxin x8: 480gp
    Rusty will buy 8 out of 10 antitoxin with Party Funds, leaving him with 48gp and the Party Funds with 46 gp. If anyone want to buy the last 2 antitoxin, they can empty the Party Funds.

"And you said your guys saw someone going down there? We should track him or her as it may be one of the Queen's agents and we might extract some information from it", he tell the others and begin sharing the antitoxin and some party items, "I dont believe Cyrus can drink, right?"

Spoiler: Party Items
    Show
    Raikou and Cyrus: 2 antitoxin;
    Travis: 2 antitoxin
    Will: 2 antitoxin, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (1st, 50 charges), Wand of Lesser Vigor (1st, 50 charges), Scroll of Panacea (7th) and Scroll of Restoration (7th)
    Folkir: 1 antitoxin
    Rusty: 1 antitoxin

"Where did you guys see the person entering the sewers?", he asks finally and add, "And can you give us the map?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

@Rusty: Davorin counts the money as his men give you the goods, which you are already splitting amongst the group.

"Hemp Rope? Yeah. I will throw that in along with the chalk, since I keep the good stuff for myself. Hand the man fifty feet of hemp!""

Regarding the lone agent in the sewers, Davorin shrugs.

"If he's in good graces with whatever lives down there, then he's fine. Otherwise, he's already as good as dead. My scouts did mention he had a hood on...and walked barefoot. If you know anyone like that, by all means, he's all yours.""

Davorin and his group walk with you and the others towards a sealed entrance as his men start moving the barricade.

"When Raikou and a few others ventured in, I decided to seal this place. That isn't to say other tunnels don't exist, but it should get you where you want faster than any other route. Not that it will be safer.""

It's a nasty smell coming from an old set of dam stairs inside a crumbled building as Davorin gesture inside.

"It's dark, dangerous and smells like any other sewer ought. Maybe even worse. However! And this is important:

Once you go down there, I am resealing this entrance. And we will not be opening it again, so there's that.""

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"I appreciate your help, Davorin. And yes, please seal it once we go down", he take the rope, crowbar, oils and torches and stuff them into the backpack, "Anyone have anything to say before we use the flush and go down the sewers?" he ask the party, "And more important, anyone with a free hand to hold a torch or with a spell to make my hammer shine like a sun?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Niwrad View Post
    "I'd go with the Slightly Above Average Concerned citizens one, well, if I were actually a citizen."
    Travis replied "Stormy, we didn't need swords to form the Syndicate of Swords, did we? Slightly Above Average Concerned Citizens it is! With that name, we may strike more fear into the hearts of our enemies, than any other group of the same name will do to the same villains."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rusty, thanks.

Davorin, fair enough. The Slightly Above Average Concerned Citizens hope to do business with you again sometime. In fact I'll purchase one of those last two antitoxins; on the admittedly slim off chance that I survive the night, it might come in handy someday."

ooc: Spent 60 gp

Travis pulls out his everburning torch.

"Rusty, you do realize that fire is dangerous down there, I hope. There's explosive gas in places. Not that I have any objection to igniting it, I just prefer if our enemies are caught in the blast instead of us."

Travis casts several spells on himself before going into the sewers.

Spoiler: spells
    Show

Mage Armor (10 hr, +4 AC)
    Heart of Earth (10 hr, 20 temp hp, swift DR 10/admt 10 rnds max 100 hp then ends)
    Alter Self (troglodyte) (100 min; +6 natural armor, +4 hide)
    Dragonskin (100 min; black; +4 natural armor, acid resist 20)
    Heart of Water (10 hr; 30' swim, water breathing, +5 escape artist;
    swift Freedom of Movement 10 rounds then spell ends)
    Note: 25% chance to negate crit with 2 Heart spells active
    Resist Energy (fire resist 20, 100 min)
    See Invisibility (100 min)

AC is 30
    Last edited by kinem; 2017-09-28 at 11:27 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir tosses in some gold pieces of his own and picks up the last antitoxin. After hearing Rusty ask for a lightsource he says, "Here, Lemme take point by a bit down dere, I doan need light. no point in advertisin' we're down dere if we doan have tuh. "
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-27 at 10:06 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

21. - Top - End - #81

So be are being locked in the sewers with some crazy lady who mutates any creature she can get her hand on? sounds fun!.

Now to prepare. one spell, the others have way to short of a duration. I have a scroll of scrying here, should we try it and see what we can see? I also have on of Clairvoyance, I can use that later to spy on Alexia.

Rusty, I have a spell that could make your hammer glow bright as a burning torch but I think that we want the element of surprise, not the one of "oh hi we are over here by the glowing hammer", see what I mean?

After seeing to those affairs Will looks around at the mercy for what may be the last time

when this is all done I will either be with my family or my friends... I hope that what ever happens I will be with one of those groups, not alone. Alimyra I may at last join you this day.

so down we go, every one ready?

Show
    Alter Self into Troglodyte 80 mins (+6 NA, 2 claws [1d4] and 1 bite [1d4], Multiattack [b], and +4 hide

checks for when we go into the sewers: listen (1d20+16)[35] and spot (1d20+3)[7]

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir nods, "As long as de rest of yuh lot doan have anythin' else tuh prepare, I've been ready fawh somethin' like dis fawh months. Lets get dis started befawh de foe hits old age and retires from de fun stuff."

To himself, muttering quietly enough that hearing it will be difficult, he adds, "Here's hopin' yuh are made of sternuh stuff than my last team."

Show
    Reminder, can spot traps with survival, at -5 penalty
    spot (1d20+14)[21]
    listen (1d20+7)[9]
    survival (1d20+14)[21]
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-27 at 10:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"As stupid as it might sound, I prefer to be able to see than not. Whatever lives down there is probably suited for night hunting, so light ort no light will make no diference for them, but will do a world for me", Hannibal says and raise the hammer closer to Will to cast Light on it, "And the main reason I'm bringing torches and oil is to set things on fire. If it goes with a big boom the better".

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Spot
    Listen(1d20+3)[4]
    Spot (1d20+3)[16]

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir shrugs, "Doesn't sound stoopid at all tuh me, just covuh it up or somethin' when we need tuh scout a cawhnuh or a doawh. I'd like tuh get de drop on dem radder than de othuh way around from time tuh time."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Travis tells Will "Forget the Scrying. She has some kind of defense for it that covers her prisoners and probably herself and her minions. You might get a very brief glimpse, but she will notice you too, and it might even hurt you. It slightly cracked my friend's scrying stone. Who knows what effect it would have here."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

@Will: So this is it.

A grim purchase indeed. Feels like the last one, as the group follows suit and descends a few old stone stairs as debris blocks the entrance you came in.

So in the bowels of The Mercy you are to meet your maker... whoever that may be. Probably, but you won't make it easy on this mad woman that lives in such a smelly place, that's for sure.

And so, you chant and cover your body in deep purple scales, as claws and fangs replace teeth and hands and your skin becomes tougher than any wall built in this place.

@Folkir: You watch both Travis and Will begin to cast and cast and cast some more. Especially the mage.

You have traveled with mages before. At tops, two or three spells are all that is needed, but this guy is casting as if he's getting ready for war. He's got enough spells on him to make him untouchable... hopefully, he can do the same for you should opposition below be harder than expected.

It is after a few minutes descending that the rancid smell of waste and offal invades your nose and the metal orb flies next to you, switching lenses every few seconds.

You can see the sewers, but they were smelled way before catching up to them. This place is enormous and who knows how long it extends as your ears catch a distant buzz in the air and stop to see several feet away from you:

Locke the Monk... and why is he dancing alone in the dark? It's like he's some professional contortionist.

@The Party: There is no turning back now, as you leave the entrance in what could be described a million miles behind and enter the sewers, where Alexia is supposed to reign supreme.

A mad mage that can twist and create any bizarre and horrific form? Nonsense! Such a thing cannot exist. Maybe the tales are simply an exaggeration... still, for those who fought Hannah, that wasn't something cooked up in a drunkard's dream.

Sparky, formerly known as The Asclepius Medical Bot stops a few feet off the ground and waves his metal limbs around.

"Analysis: Multiple Life Forms detected. Source unknown.

Proposal: Approach with caution.""

@Travis: You shower yourself with arcane might to as to make the Master at Runestone jealous and follow the group below, smelling the methane in the air as your ever burning torch grants you guidance and blink twice in disbelief as the others start hearing buzzing and ripples in the rancid water.

What the hell indeed lives down here!

Are these from those files? If that is the case, she turned those fey into that?! And they aren't small in number. Dozens of them seem to fly over the cistern and one is engaged in bloody fight with some barefoot monk, who would come here alone.

But worse still... your presence has definitely been noted. problem is...

Only you can see them. as far as the others are concerned, it's a bunch of buzzing in the dark.

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Locke
    Travis
    Raikou & Cyrus
    Will
    Rusty
    Folkir

Sparky Bot
    The Novistadors
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2017-09-28 at 05:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground

Raikou watches as Travis and Rusty purchase the necessary equipment and discuss possible uses for oil and torches... But the mention of fire and explosions has the halfling on edge, enough even that Cyrus is able to notice his master's slight apprehension.

Why does it have to be fire? I guess it could be useful. One of those other rogue guys mentioned blowing up a Novistador hive right?

Let's just save that for a last resort. If it's a boom and a thunderous applause you're looking for, I can definitely provide.

Not terribly looking forward to another venture deep into the sewers, Raikou silently and nervously follows Rusty and the others including the newcomer who seemed to speak in a strange language.

He does make sure both he and Cyrus are ready though. Remembering how the Novistadors liked to stay invisible, he pulls out a special scroll just for the occasion, one that should allow him to see them without any trouble.

Spoiler: Buffs
    Show
    heart of water cl 9mage armor cl 8
    dragonskin (green) cl 9 (grants resist 18 acid)
    shield cl 8

see invisibility cl3

alter self (on Cyrus) cl 8

Once down in the sewers and confronted by the swarm, Raikou gulps. He almost wishes he hadn't cast that see invisibility spell.

(in Auran)
    Alright Cyrus. You know what to do... Just like last time. Lets peek around that corner.

On command Cyrus flies forward to just around the corner and Raikou unleashes a powerful blast of energy that strikes three of the Novistadors in a line of bright electricity.

Spoiler: LIGHTNING BOLT
    Show
    Cyrus moves 15ft forward.

Raikou uses a standard to cast lightning bolt targeting the three Novistadors in the top left of the map

Lightning for (10d6)[41] electricity damage; reflex DC 20 for half

The rest of you might want to spread out. They're about to swarm us. But they also have acid breath that can be a bit annoying. I’d recommend we spread out if you don’t want to get caught by that. Oh, and they like to get up close and invade your personal space so watch out if you're not a fan of that.
    Last edited by Niwrad; 2017-09-28 at 05:59 AM.
    "Now you'll see some real magic!"

Raikou Stormborn Thunder Incarnate and his elemental familiar Cyrus

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

@Raikou: It's another delve into the dark...

And just like last time, when you went down with Soraya, Isobel, Davorin and his crew, those hideous Novistadors have began attacking some poor fool several feet away.

Last time, the brunt of the group were novices. A vast majority of them were dragged into the tunnels and others were ripped apart in a most gruesome manner.

Not this time, as Cyrus, now bigger than you, serves as a mount and you move past your allies and fix your sight on three of those disgusting creatures, unleashing a massive concentrated storm in the shape of a line.

These things can kill you if they gang up on you, but against your spells, they fall down easy, a fact made all too clear as the three bugs screech in pain and collapse on the sewer floor, belly up and fried all over.

You can stay where you are and blast all night. You know you will kill them. Problem is- and this was true last time-

Who knows how many of these are flying around, away from the torch's radius. If you remain idle, you may become overwhelmed, never mind having attracted their attention.

@Locke: Who knows who that halfling is, but he just blasted way too close for comfort and by the thud sound made in the spell's wake, he brought something down.

Now if only you could break free of whoever is holding you...

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Locke
    Travis

Raikou & Cyrus
    Will
    Rusty
    Folkir

Sparky Bot
    The Novistadors
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2017-09-28 at 12:19 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Folkir grips his axe and growls in frustration as he looks around uselessly, "Why in de hells din't I make someone answuh me about how tuh countuh dese damn tings?"

Deciding to go for the one creature he can identify the location of instead of standing around uselessly, Folkir charges off around the pool, jumping high for the last few paces in order to swing through the air above Locke.

Show
    With a 10' jump and a charge, can move up to 18 squares. Not raging yet, I get the feeling I'll be needing to reserve that for later. Twisted charge to make it to Locke without stepping into pool. Rolling a 1d2 for total concealment miss chance, a result of 1 would be a miss. (Blind fight is yet another feat on the very long list of things I wish I could've fit in, even before this came up.) Taking a -10 penalty to AC for PA bonus on strike
    (1d20+17)[25] (2d8+41)[51] (1d2)[2]
    (1d20+12)[16] (2d8+31)[37] (1d2)[2]
    Edit: Yay, I'm not looking like a complete dolt swinging through thin air. Not this round at least
    Last edited by Daishain; 2017-09-28 at 08:36 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90

RedWizardGuy

Taking his time to concentrate his ki on whatever was clawing at him, Locke brought his right fist around after a moment of aiming. Why the hell were invisible flying insects the first damn thing he ran into, oh well, apparently something was looking out for him, he half noticed the crowd moving across from a different entrance.

"Well I'll be...."

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Rolls
    Reflex from last time: (1d20+10)[26] (if passed no damage via evasion)
    Attack roll to strike grappling opponent with stunning decisive strike (1d20+8)[25] DC 23 or it's stunned
    Damage roll (4d6+8)[22]