New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default 2nd edition Necromancy question

Does Shadowlands Necromancy have any spells with comparable effects to Wood Dragon Claw or the Bronze Body spell?

I'm debating trying to get the book that has necromancy spells, but it's only really worth it for my build if it has corresponding spells.

Also, Solars can learn and cast necromancy (beyond the third circle of spells), without any penalty due to being Solars, right?

EDIT: I'll also add this question: with the pre-errata Twilight ability (Essence damage nullilfied)--would that stop post-soak damage, like such added by Fire & Stones Strike?
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2017-09-21 at 07:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: 2nd edition Necromancy question

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Does Shadowlands Necromancy have any spells with comparable effects to Wood Dragon Claw or the Bronze Body spell?
    Blind Edge is comparable to Wood Dragon's Claw, in some ways better, in some worse.

Also, Solars can learn and cast necromancy (beyond the third circle of spells), without any penalty due to being Solars, right?
    Yes.

EDIT: I'll also add this question: with the pre-errata Twilight ability (Essence damage nullilfied)--would that stop post-soak damage, like such added by Fire & Stones Strike?
    Stops it.