New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default When in Redmond (IC Thread)

Date: October 9th, 2071
    Time: 1902 hrs

The rain-slick streets of mid-autumn greet you as you head out into the night. The bills have been piling up, and you've just received the news that you all have been waiting for; someone has a job they're will to pay for. The siren call of nuyen brings you to the heart of Downtown, to the Club Penumbra. The appointment with Johnson isn't scheduled until 1915 hrs, leaving you all a few minutes to get a lay of the land.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: When in Redmond (IC Thread)

Sukeban glances side to side as she makes her way toward the club. The armor Papa had given her to wear was heavy, but she'd rather be tired than dead. Between that and the rather obvious weapons, she practically screamed "newbie". But every team needs muscle - magical or otherwise - and at least she could bring her standing with the Yakuza to the table if need be.

After a brief look at the streets facing the entrance, she heads for the door.

Spoiler: OOC and rolls
    Show

Will be using #003399 for speaking.

Perception: 5d6t5 1
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

PaladinGuy

Bells woke up late to the sound of her commlink chirping; it had been a long night for all the wrong reasons. She groggily came to her feet to fix herself some soycaff, cursing at her inability to say no to 'one more drink' and beginning to feel the creep of fear that came with knowing she'd splurged her cash instead of saving it to repay her debtors.

Luckily, the message was good news. Donning her ripped jeans and t-shirt, she slid her gear into various pockets, and her pistol into the concealable holster under her arm. She pulled a jacket over the top to keep the bulge from showing, and stepped out into the rain to make her way to the club downtown.

As she nears the place, she keeps her eyes open for any trouble, or anything that might become trouble later.

Spoiler: OOC and rolls
    Show

Bells will speak in Purple
    Perception check: (Rolls from fibericon's recommendation) 9d6t5 - 3 successes
    Figure I may as well roll here for starting nuyen as well: 4d6: 12 = 1500 nuyen.
    Last edited by Lionheart; 2017-09-21 at 07:40 AM.
    WINNER! Villainous Competition XXXII: Selene, Bride of Ruin
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Preparing to go in, Hound stands in the back of his van, parked up in a nearby alley, looking over his equipment and drones. Although his gaze lingers on some of his larger drones - his stealth-modified Doberman, his armed Chariot or one of his aerial drones - he changes his mind and walks out with just a few small drones in his pockets and a briefcase.

He probably looks a little odd, a long coat covering up most of his jumpsuit and a briefcase that doesn't quite fit the image (more appropriate for the locale than a toolbox though), but nonetheless he heads to the club, keeping his eyes open. He was looking forward to a good payday, so far he has been living worse with less money than his old life, what with debts and buying all this new gear.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (Int 3 + Per 2 + Cyberware 3): (8d10)[8][6][4][2][10][1][3][5](39) bugger I mentally defaulted to d10s. Using fiber's site: 2 hits.

Gonna use this green for speech.

Last edited by Volthawk; 2017-09-21 at 10:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

With wings outstretched, The Shaman glides down towards the club. Grasped in his talons is a small bag holding his gear. His Foci, hang tightly and very well secured around his eagle neck. He remembered Dame getting to him. Finding his apartment while he was hunting and reaching out to his mind net to talk to him. A new job eh? Well this should be good. With any luck I won't have to work with humans again, but beggars can't be choosers. He lands near the bouncer and digs in his bag to show the bouncer his ID.

Assuming everything goes smoothly and the bouncer lets the massive, sentient brain talking eagle though the entrance, The Shaman will place the bag down and bite down on it. He will then drag it to the meeting spot. Normally he would worry about getting stepped on but he is considered large even by eagle standards. Nearly the size of a growing child, Vengeful eagle may occasionally bump into someone's hip and then they look down to see a large eagle dragging a bag full of equipment. The Shaman would diligently ignore the disturbance and march on unless he was physically impeded. The sight would probably be hilarious as they watch a large eagle, stomping around carrying a bag.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Perception INT 2 + 2 eagle eye critterpower (4d6)[5][1][1][6](13) 2 hits... uhhh. Do the 1s hurt me if I get hits?
    Vengeful Eagle will speak in This color
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-09-21 at 12:47 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

The club, while not the most popular in the 'plex, is nonetheless filled with people of all stripes. Thumping techno sounds fill the air along with the dull chatter of friends and associates sharing drinks. Many eyes look you over as you enter, most dismissing you as quickly as you catch their eyes. A few catch your eyes, as you catch theirs; 2 young elven women, a human man of middling age, and a large bird with a fierce look about it.

The four of you also notice a table towards the back of the main club, currently sitting empty with a 'Reserved' plaque set upon it. A few moments later, you hear a man shout out, "Hey, what the frag?! I ordered my wings extra crispy, not RAW!" At this, the surrounding partyers withdraw, revealing a largish man glaring at a very particular bird who, in his surveying, had run right into the human.
    Spoiler: DM Voice
    Show
    That was more just an 'introduce the group' roll than anything else.
    Taqukaq, anytime half or more of your dice pool turns up as 1's, you glitch. Here, you still succeeded, however there were... Complications. Namely, ruffling someone's feathers. Also, you got considerably more attention walking in than the others; birds the size of rottweilers are not part of the regular clientele.

We've still got one player unaccounted for here, namely trianvanski. I'm going to poke them and see what's up. I'm not going to hold up the game for them.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Lollipop comes rolling up on her Cyclops bike towards the Nightclub. The rabbit changeling was dressed up in her steampunked outfit, bouncing lightly from foot to foot as she heads into the nightclub. She beings looking around the club, trying to make sure no one from Cat Trophy is around in the bar.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(4d6)[11] Nuyen
    (8d6)[2][5][4][1][5][5][4][2](28) Perception
    (3d6)[4][4][3](11) +Visual
    (7d6)[2][4][1][4][2][4][6](23) +Hearing

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

8. - Top - End - #8

The Shaman sets down his bag and lets out a piercing eagle screach at the man and lightly flapping his wings as the shaman pecks at his bag. Then he picks the bag up and continues walking on, seemingly continuing on to the reserved location. Hoping to see his comrades.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yaaay bird man made friends. Also are we just gonna do OOC like this or will we have a thread for that as well?
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-09-21 at 08:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler: DM Voice
    Show
    Nah, just a chance to introduce characters organically before things kick off. Post tomorrow will introduce the Johnson.

Also Triskavanski, you also see what was stated in my earlier post, just that the tough shouts at the eagle almost immediately after you enter.

10. - Top - End - #10

GreenSorcererElf

Sukeban is not impressed with the scene, but elects to keep her mouth shut. While she'd always been told that people in the Barrens were "poor and obviously so", she never really understood what that meant until right now. They were less well dressed than she was used to, but that was a given. What struck her was the smell. It wasn't necessarily bad - body odor notwithstanding - but it took her a moment to place. These people washed their clothes with dish soap. Laundry detergent was too expensive.

The shrieking from behind her earns a glance, then a stare as she turns to look at the shaman. He's noticeable, to put it mildly. She makes her way to the reserved table at the back, furrowing her brow when it becomes obvious that he's doing the same. Taking a seat, she props one elbow up on the back of her chair, and rests the fingers of her other hand on her forehead, watching the shaman's approach.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

PaladinGuy

Bells laughed at the antics of the bird that had somehow found its way into the club, her raucous voice cutting through the thumping beats. Her laughter stopped abruptly as she realised that this might be one of her companions on this run.

She was happy to work with all sorts, what self respecting runner wouldn't be? But a fragging eagle? This run was going to be interesting, that much was certain.

Turning to the bar, Bells ordered herself something cheap but strong; she thought she'd probably need it. Taking her drink, and paying the tab, she takes a seat beside the other elf at the table.

"Hoy chummer, you here for the Johnson?"
    Silver Medallist Villainous Competition XXVI: Faras Alnahr, Dark Scion of the Hippo God

12. - Top - End - #12

Hound wasn't completely at home here, to say the least - he was never really a club person, and even if he was he wouldn't have come somewhere like here in the old days. When he notices the table, he earnestly heads over to it, keeping an eye on the bird as he goes - he wasn't sure what was up with that, but he's sure he'd soon find out. This new line of work seemed to have a tendency to bring him into contact with the stranger people of the city.

As he approaches the table, not even in stopping to grab a drink, his attention is grabbed by the heavy firepower one of them is carrying. Looks like these are the people, and she hasn't had the luxury of Seer going on and on about subtlety at her. He takes a set at the table, putting his briefcase down on the table and reaching into a pocket and pulling out a iBall, placing it next to the case as he looks over at the others. "Other members of the team, I suppose?"

Spoiler
    Show

Oh yeah, nuyen (3d6)[3][6][5](14)

13. - Top - End - #13

GreenSorcererElf

Sukeban looks at Bells and nods, "I'm Sukeban, and I guess I'm your door kicker. Enforcer, whatever, omae. Grace is just strength in motion, y'know?"

She offers a half scoff, half chuckle, then looks over at the device placed on the table before looking up at its owner. "I guess we already know what you do." Turning back to Bells she adds in Sperethiel, "What's your game?"

The Japanese accent made the Gaelic-based language come off awkwardly, betraying that it was certainly not a first language for her.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

PaladinGuy

Bells nods to Hound as he joins them, and responds to Sukeban's comments.

"If you're looking for grace, you certainly come to the right place. Name's Bells, and you won't find an infiltrator better this side of Elliot Bay." She screws up her face at the Sperethiel, "What's that? Japanese?

Turning to Hound, she continues, "You our hacker then chummer? "

15. - Top - End - #15

Hound shrugs in response to the question. "Not really. Sure, I know my way around the Matrix, but these," He taps the iBall "these are my speciality - drone rigging and hardware mods and such."

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, if Hound's all we have for hacking, we're not very good on the offence. His only cracking skill is Electronic Warfare, and his programs and gear match that general defensive setup.

16. - Top - End - #16

GreenSorcererElf

Sukeban blows air out her nose and offers a half smile. "I thought all elves spoke Sperethiel. Or maybe mine is just so bad it's incomprehensible. Either way, my bad."

The metallic click of Hound's tapping draws her attention again. "Those things look like toys, but they can be a pain. Well, I don't know about yours, but I trained against drones firing gel rounds. I hated those things."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

The shaman finally arives and plaps his wings, perching on the back of an empty chair. He plops his bag of gear on the enpty seat. He twitches his head back and forth, his piercing gaze penatrating everyone. Then he reaches out, with his mind net force 3 to allow everyone inside.

Spoiler: Mind Net
    Show
    (12d6)[2][5][3][5][4][6][5][2][1][1][6][5](45)

Drain: (14d6)[6][5][1][3][1][5][2][3][6][4][3][2][3][4](48) Sweet i got the roll and the drain. The text inside the {} is heard in your minds.

{Greetings runners. My name is The Shaman. I will be handling your magical threats and combating any mage that would seek to do you harm. Getting past the obvious points, yes im a sentient eagle with human level intelligence. When absolutely necessary i can turn into a....vile human. If absolutely necesary.}

Venom practically dripped from his beak at the mention of humans but he doesnt openly express distaste.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-09-22 at 10:07 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Hound chuckles at Sukeban's response. "Depends on the drone and how you modify it. This is pretty simple - I haven't tweaked it, so it just rolls around, observes and just has blinding flashes and smoke past that. My dogs, though...they've got the good stuff, armour, heavy weapons, the works." His talk about drones falters when the eagle starts talking telepathically, and he just takes a few moments to get his head around it. "I...see. What does an eagle spend its nuyen on?"

19. - Top - End - #19

Vengeful eagle's erratic bird head movement faltered. Then he bobbed his head up and down rapidly in thought of the question before answering. Everyone could hear the eagle {Hmmmmm...} He bobbed his head more and then he quickly straightened out, almost excited to have an answer.

{I am the shaman for my native American tribe, so i have set up shop here as you humanoids say. Another humanoid saying, i still have bills to pay. Though i would be more than happy on the streets hunting rabbits... and mice. I have a duty to my people. Being the magical talon and wing for this group is a means to the end of helping my people after being slaughtered by humans. That is why everyone calls me The Shaman.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-09-22 at 10:08 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler: DM Talk
    Show
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention. When posting results for dice rolls, if you would please place a link, so that the roll can be verified. Some people have already been doing that, which is great; those who haven't don't worry, I forgot to mention it. Never run PbP before.

Also, to clear up some confusion, you're not presently in Redmond; you're in Downtown Seattle. The area is kinda rough, but that's because this is a legit runner bar.

Gotta get to work, I'll post the next bit when I get home.

21. - Top - End - #21

PaladinGuy

Bells shrugs, "No offence meant omae, your pronunciation was probably perfect. I've just never had a need for anything other than good old English."

She nods in appreciation of Hound's explanation, though is a little apprehensive of breaking in somewhere with Matrix defenses still online.
    She just listens with interest to the eagle. She's never met a bird before.

22. - Top - End - #22

GreenSorcererElf

Sukeban keeps staring at the drone, shifting uneasily in her seat. "I sparred with flying ones. They were damned fast. Got 'em eventually, but they busted up my ribs in the beginning."

She's less phased by the mind net, being seemingly the only other person at the table familiar with magic. She looks over at the shaman and nods toward Hound. "Whatever your beef is with humans, you're working with one now, so get over it or suck it up or something, because I'm hoping this job is going to get real messy. Our client is probably human. Of the next ten people you meet, I'd be surprised if more than three of them weren't human. And at some point, you're going to need to blend in. Keep up your current look for now though - you're distracting people from my weapons."
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Vengeful eagle tilts his head at Sukeban at his advice towards humans. The Eagle ruffles his wings and extends his right one fully, he scratches his beak into his wing, fixing some of his ruffled feathers.

I work with humans or interact with humans with every run. It is a necesary evil in order to fulfill my duty to my people. If I was unable to "suck it up" or "get over it" which i can only really assume are more humanoid sayings.

But looking at your context and it was directed toward my dislike for humans, my only guess is that you are telling me to, and another humanoid saying, "play nice" then yes. That is my intention. Had i been unwilling, i would have turned around the moment i saw a human sitting among you.

But, i have bills to pay. Just because i do not like humans, that wont stop be from doing ones purpose. I will heal you if you are injured and i will defend you from magical threats. I have a reputation to uphold afterall. Don't worry, i take my true form now so you can all see me as i truely am.

I will not decieve you into thinking im human. Whilst we are on our runs, i will take the form best suited to our needs. If that need is to have a magically capable eagle spitting acid or other dangerous spells at our enemies from above then well...If i were human i would have ended that with a sly grin.

Vengeful Eagle goes back to spreading his wings and readjusting his feathers from his long flight. He ocasionally looks at the drone. He first looks with interedt and then interest turns into full curiosity.

{Mr. Human? Apologies, i havent heard names yet. What is the....metal sapient you have there? Hmmm... i wouldnt say sapient but creature? It doesnt apear to he dual natured. Atleast nothing i can see. If you dont mind an Ukpik's curiosity. We are actually quite curious. Atleast the smart ones are.}
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-09-22 at 10:09 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Hound raises an eyebrow at the shaman's question. "Huh. You don't know about drones? Well, yes, it's a machine with limited intelligence - people generally call it a dog-brain. Smart enough to follow instructions I tell it, not so good at thinking outside the box and adapting. As a rigger, I can also remotely control them or jump in and control it as if it was me, if letting it pilot itself is no good. But yeah, it doesn't have a soul or anything if that's what you were asking. "

25. - Top - End - #25

Vengeful eagle brings his right wing and strokes his neck and chest feathers with it as if he was an old man with a beard. Surprise surprise it seems that his human form may have a beard.

{Fascinating...I have heard stories of these drones and even seen a few of them on the strange light box in my appartment, but i havent seen them do close. They seem like spirits! Except i cannot jump into my spirits. I can only make them go away or do stuff. So we have you, the machine man, our heavily armed counterpart, myself and what role do you fill?}

At first, no one is sure who he was talking to because he would tilt his head back and forth at an invisible speck on the table and ocasionally try to skewer it with his beak. Then he shook his head as if remembering he was talking and then he turned towards Subekan.
    Last edited by Taqukaq; 2017-09-22 at 12:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Lollipop takes a gander, slowly walking through the club. Checking the time, for a moment she looks around again, spying an elf, troll, two humans, and a tiny robot. She begins to walk over to the group, before there is the shriek of the eagle echoing through the building.

Taking a moment she watches the bird, before looking back at the other group, and approaching them. Taking a moment she notices that the group had juiceboxes, and sodas. A quick glance in AR, leaves her unimpressed as they were all playing some sort of card game on the table there.

Nope, not them. She thought to herself as she heads back over to where she had seen the eagle earlier, approaching the group, the rabbit changeling offers a smile to them, "Hiya ya'll. You're all gatherin for something uh..runny?" she asks, tilting her head. Are we lookin for Mr Sausage?"

27. - Top - End - #27

GreenSorcererElf

"I believe I'm your muscle. The devil's in the details, so I like to keep it simple."

Sukeban looks over at the new face, remaining quiet for a moment - just shy of being awkward. "Unless there's another table waiting for a client, I think you're in the right place. I'm Sukeban."
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

PaladinGuy

Bells raises her glass to the newcomer. "Just when I thought this crew couldn't get any stranger...
    Hoy chummer, I think we're just waiting for Mr. Johnson now."

29. - Top - End - #29

Hound tilts his head to one side as the last member arrives. "Huh...yes we're waiting for the job now. What do you do, out of curiosity? I'm Hound, by the way."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh good! I was afraid it was that other group over there with the cards. I'm Lollipop, and I, she says looking around "Make things really holey?Uh.. she frowns for a moment, thinking. "I'm a gun-bunny. Who's birdy?"