New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Help Optimizing my Slayer idea (Pathfinder)

Hello Playgrounders!

I'm building an 11th level character for a game and am trying to come up with some effective ideas for it. I know I want to use Slayer and the character must be human. The Stats are as follows (17, 16, 16, 14, 12, 10) or (17, 17, 16, 14, 10, 10)

I want to make a Noble who is exceptional at reading people and using clues about their appearance and mannerisms to better fight them on the field of battle and in the backroom dealings of Politics.

This character isn't afraid to fight dirty, hurt people, and sneak his way to victory against those who would hurt his friends.

What do you guys recommend?
    I am BoutsofInsanity and my name isn't a metaphor.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Help Optimizing my Slayer idea (Pathfinder)

For your concept, I consider going withVelvet Blade slayer archetype. Even though it is not the most optimal, it fits your idea really well, and is not terrible by any means.

Being able to get a studied target bonus to things like diplomacy is useful for your character, but by level 7 a slayer gets the bonuses to all of those other skills anyways...a bonus to nobility is meh but probably something your character can use. Also, diplomacy and nobility as class skills are important for your character and things the slayer would not get normally, but you can always get those through traits.

The big sell is the treacherous blade ability, giving you extra sneak attack dice against allies or targets who deemed you to be harmless. If you think you can use it, then you can really put on the pain with a sneak attack.

Without studied target giving you attack and damage bonuses, you will have to have your sneak attack do the heavy lifting(hopefully stacking the dice from treacherous blade). Likewise, you don't have medium armor proficiency from velvet blade meaning you need some more dex to help out. Both of these things favor going with a two weapon fighting build. You can use your slayer talents to get some of the feats without needing prerequisites.

Your concept works well enough as a normal slayer too, and then you can do whatever the heck you want. Your ability scores are so good you could go ranged, switch hitter, 2 handed weapon, 2 weapons, whatever you wanna do.
    Guides
    Monk dipping for pathfinder druids, a mini guide
    Trapped Under Ice-Geddy2112's guide to the Pathfinder Winter Witch
    I contributed to this awesome guide to chaotic good