New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Sidereal Astrology

So I might be starting a 2.5 Exalted game, and I want to make sure I have the astrology down pat.

I'm a Chosen of Serenity, and I have the Priest Merit. With a Charisma of 4 and a Performance of 4 with a specialization of Astrology, I have a pool of 9 with a difficulty of 5. I don't have any Charms that affect my Prayer or Effect Roll, but I can pray for 9 hours to add 3 to my Prayer roll. I'm not sure what a Petition does if I only get 1-4 successes, or if I just don't make a Petition other than disallowing Co- and Countersignatory.

All told, I now have a pool of 12, and if I spend some motes, I can add automatic successes equal to my Essence (currently 3), with a difficulty of 5.

For the Effect roll, I can Compose Plans. As far as I can tell, I can continue composing plans forever so long as I keep spending the days to do so, and I make an Int+Craft[Fate] roll (3+1) with a difficultly of 3 if I'm crafting a Resplendent Destiny. If I make the unlikely roll, I can add 1 die for every 4 successes. I can also add 3 dice by wearing a throwaway Destiny for 3 days. Computing Horoscopes is an Int + Occult (3+2) with a difficulty ... 1? I think that's the difficulty. But can I do that where ever? The book says the instruments are usually only available in major cities, but I'm not sure if that is for purchase or if they're more like those giant telescope buildings. Regardless, 1/4 of success are added to the effect roll.

Total Effect Roll is Essence 3 + College 1 + 1/4 of Prayer successes.
    Since I'm likely to generate about 9 successes on the Prayer roll, my effect roll is 7 dice.
    Is there anything that I missed?
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Sidereal Astrology

Anyone know where I can get an answer? Is there an exalted forum?
    See when a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it, you can bet we've bought the vinyl.
    -Snow White

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Random NPC View Post
    Anyone know where I can get an answer? Is there an exalted forum?
    Yes, there is!

4. - Top - End - #4

Thanks, I'll try asking there.
    -Snow White