New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [FFd6] Classic Final Fantasy IC

The Orgo Cave looms in the horizon, the entrance almost comically wide. As you get closer, you hear the echoes of strange noises coming from it, similar to what the elder described. Even as trained in the sounds of monsters as you are, none of you are entirely sure what could be causing this echo.

You have a moment, before you enter, to ensure you're prepared for whatever might be inside. You may wish to spend it wisely...or you can ignore all that and just charge in. *shrug*

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [FFd6] Classic Final Fantasy IC

"The singing cavern does issue a lyric most strange... Onward, companions, and let us investigate what eldritch minstral be within! Boldly and without fear, as is the way of our Heroes' Company!"

Estivus gestures dramatically with his cape and folded parasol (which you know contains a hidden blade).
    He does this before just about every mission, using a different name for the mercenary outfit each time - you're not sure if he dislikes its real name or just never learned it.

3. - Top - End - #3

GreenSorcererElf

"Heroes' Company." Reef laughs.

"If you want, you guys can spend time preparing. Personally? I'm heading right in. You snooze, you lose." Reef takes out his gun and charges inside the cave.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

A peculiar red-headed young woman is present with the group, and she's decided to wisely spend this time to...

*crunch* *crunch*

... eat a packet of checkerboard cookies that she's brought with her. She has a dainty white dress on with blue accents, a shawl draped around her elbows. She doesn't look like an adventurer. More like a spoiled princess.

"If only I had my servants here..." she sighs, but snaps her fingers -- and a small, spectral draconic companion appears before her. It's her Egi, a little shard of an Aeon or Eidolon, with only a fraction of its true power.

"You!" she address Estivus. A pause, and then she expresses, "You seem to be versed in soliloquoys and poems, so I am granting you the honour of giving me a human name. Be thankful."

...?? What a weird girl.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Baha-chan is eating a checkerboard cookie to power herself up! +2 MND!
    Last edited by Merilan; 2017-09-24 at 04:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

"All systems are online, weapons loaded." A lithe looking android states in a metallic voice. Parts on him whir and spin, and a burst of steam exits from the heat exhausts on his back. His eyes are lifeless and he doesn't blink.
    Last edited by Hiei; 2017-09-24 at 06:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Still wondering how this band of people came together, Elyndrael followed the group. As Reef charge in, she scare-jump; "Wait for me! You'll end up need my art again!"
    (strangely she always refer to her White Magic as Art or White)

Looking over her shoulder as she passed the group; "Let's all join him before he do something we might all regret later!" as she smiled to them.
    Last edited by Windy El; 2017-09-24 at 10:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Merilan View Post
    "You!" she address Estivus. A pause, and then she expresses, "You seem to be versed in soliloquoys and poems, so I am granting you the honour of giving me a human name. Be thankful."
    Est is startled at being addressed - by a girl of all things - but recovers a beat later, dramatically placing a hand over his face as he considers her request. He slowly closes his eyes...
    . . .
    "I have it!"
    Est's eyes fly open and he extends an outstretched hand toward the redhead--
    "As thou have bidden, fair maiden - in the name of Bahamut, Lord of All Aeons, I dub thee and grant this name: Kisshot Acerolandromeda Heartunderfang!!"
    He withdraws his hand to his chest.
    "Hmhmhmhm... The name of a legendary beauty - I can think of none more fitting to wear it than thee... Lady Heartunderfang."

After a suitable pause to let the atmosphere settle, Est whirls back toward the cavern, once more brandishing his parasol.
    "Now, onward! Onward to the aid of our fine companions! Tally-hooooo!"
    The red mage charges after the white without heed for who does or doesn't follow - though he'd certainly like it if everyone did.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

There's a scrunch of expression from the girl as she nearly goes, "Hey, don't use my name in vain--" before she pauses and clears her throat. Then raises her eyebrows. "That will do." Wait, really? Does this girl even really know what human names are like?

A pause, as she follows inside. "What was it again...? Kisho... Heart..." A pause. "I'll figure it out later. Come, servant." The Egi lets out a little 'nyuu--' noise, before bobbling in after her.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Caution is overrated, anyway.

As you venture deep into the cave, you see a bit of a light down the path. Getting closer, you can make out a few sleeping goblins around what's probably the last few flickers of a fire. As you consider whether to sneak by, turn around, or stab first, you hear flapping and screeching sounds from above, as a floating eye descends! The goblins are woken up and notice you, as well.

It's a fight!

Medium: Floating Eye
    Medium: Goblin
    Short: Goblin, Goblin

Front: Est, Baha-chan, Wren, Clifford
    Back: Elyndrael, Reef

PLAYER TURN

Spoiler
    Show
    A bit of how monster formations work: The nearest two rows are considered to be within Short range of your front row. If an enemy row is emptied, things will (usually) move up.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Well, that didn't take long," comments the young girl, as she sighs and snaps her fingers. A spiritual blade winks into existence from thin air. "Then feel the power of Lady Heart... Heart..." A pause. "I forget the rest already. Lady Heart it is."

The blade isn't forgotten, though, and it sails across like a dart to strike the closest goblin.

Show
    Basic Attack:
    (2d6)[1][1](2) +5 - Accuracy
    +24 damage vs. M.ARM

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Not again..." Clifford had wanted to double-check his equipment and maybe scout ahead before exploring the cave. But his teammates decided otherwise rather quickly. By the time he caught up, a group of goblins had been surprised by their colorful visitors. Clifford almost runs right into a one of them. Lacking room to draw his sword, he settles for bashing the goblin on the head with the weapon's pommel. "Did I miss something?" he asks hurriedly. "Who are these guys?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack: (2d6)[6][4](10) + 4

That's 24 damage to the other goblin.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2017-09-25 at 02:39 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

Griffon

"Humph! Despoilers and petty thieves - there is no merit to be found in them, even from one as magnanimous as I! Let us make swift work of them and be on with it!"

With the expected flourish, Est points his parasol into the chest of one of the unoccupied goblins and attempts to extend the blade straight through! (The parasol part protects him from the splatter - can't go getting the red mage's garb stained with the wrong shade of red!)

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    Basic attack:
    (2d6)[3][6](9)
    + 4 for Accuracy
    + 10 vs P.DEF
    Crit on 11-12

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

She was happy to see her team coming in as they stumble into a pack of goblins.

Watching them attack the enemy head-on gave her a surge of energy and speing into the fray, hitting a wounded goblin with her staff hoping to finish him up!

"Be brave! this is only a stepping stone to our success of this mission."

Show
    Moving to front row.
    (2d6)[3][1](4) against the wounded goblin
    +4 ACC, +24 DMG VS ARM.
    Last edited by Windy El; 2017-09-25 at 09:27 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

GreenSorcererElf

"...Well now! We'll sort out our regrets later."

Reef grinned before sighing. He was hoping for something a bit more... dangerous than an eyeball with wings. There was little chance of anyone dying here-and that possibility was what he craved in the first place. The stakes were the most important thing. He couldn't find much satisfaction in much else.

Cocking his... flintlock pistol (how does he do that?), he rolls to the side before firing right at the floating eye.

Show
    (2d6)[3][3](6)
    Damage+20
    Accuracy+4

Let me quickly sort of my frustration with the fact that he said "you snooze, you lose." I couldn't think of anything better.
    I hope that he doesn't say anything like that again.

15. - Top - End - #15

"Enemies sighted..... Targeting... analyzing... New species detected, activate battle program 1. Item Acquisition." the android, who had been keeping a steady pace with the rest of the group trailing behind Reef, crouches down and BOOM. With a cloud of dust kicking up he takes off at a speed that is almost to fast to see, zipping past his allies towards the goblins. As he approaches one of the closer goblins and sees it begin to ready itself, a smirk crosses his lips, and when he is mere feet from the goblin, he vanishes in the blink of an eye. Before the goblin can even react he is behind him and reaches for whatever the goblin has on it, whether he is successful or not remains to be seen. When the goblin turns to see what just happened Wren is already gone. Just more dust remains.

He returns to the groups side just as fast as he passed them up, if you hadn't been focused on him you may not of even see the movements happen, just a bunch of blurs. But its clear one of the goblins looks rather agitated. Wren opens his hand to see if he is rewarded for his attempt.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Thievery - (2d6+5)[6][6](12)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

One of the goblins doesn't get back up after being struck! Responding to your assault, two of the goblins slam against Est and Elyndrael! One picks up a clump of dirt, tossing it at Elyndrael's face and obstructing her vision! Meanwhile, the goblin near the back pulls out what looks to be a sort of...bomb? from somewhere, and is preparing to light and throw it! The floating eye, from its perch at the far end, attempts to engage Reef in a staring contest, but it's kind of hard for it to keep its eye open when there's a bullet moving around in there.

Wren opens his hand to find a pouch of gil!

Spoiler
    Show
    Wren obtains 30 gil!

Est takes 4 damage.
    Elyndrael takes 7 damage!
    Elyndrael's ACC is lowered by 2 for the following round!

Enemies will have damage dealt to them listed; this damage has yet to account for ARM or M.ARM, though. Next to the damage dealt to them will be the number of times each defense has been checked. Frankly, this is mostly for my own bookkeeping, but if you can somehow find a use for it, be my guest.

I've also listed any relevant statuses, such as the goblin that's currently mid-cast, as well as Ely's ACC debuff. It was probably obvious, but the [1R] just indicates that the status expires in 1 round.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make the formatting more legible!

Medium: Floating Eye (-26 ARMx1)
    Medium: Goblin (Casting Goblin Bomb)
    Short: Goblin (-19 ARMx1)

Front: Est (14/18), Heart (27/27), Wren (20/20), Elyndrael (16/23) (-2 ACC [1R]), Clifford (25/25)
    Back: Reef (19/19)

17. - Top - End - #17

Wren opens a compartment on his left leg, dropping in the pouch, "Logging... Unknown species contains monetary holdings, further investigation required." As he prepares for another steal attempt he detects, from the corner of his vision, a goblin slam into Elyndral. He stands and turns that direction. "Command Interrupt... Ally Damaged... begin combat intercept, sub program 3."

His focus is set on the goblin across from Elyn, and again he crouches into a sprinting position. He can see the goblins joy as Elyn fights to see through the dirt it had splattered into her eyes. The foul creature begins to open its mouth just as steam exhausts from Wren's back, and with that Wren is gone in a split second, weaving in and out of combatants. As the creatures Jaws fully open in what must be an attempt to bite its prey, it blinks and upon opening finds itself staring at the open Left palm of Wren, having placed himself between it and Elyndral.

"Fire." A lead ball the size of a marble exits from the palm with a loud BANG!!! The recoil knocking Wren back a couple feet, the projectile sails towards the goblin that had injured his ally. Wren now stands shoulder to shoulder with Elyndral.

[spoiler=Actions]
    (2d6)[4][2](6) +4(to hit)

(1d6+24)[30] (bonus dmg due to dex and backstab)

18. - Top - End - #18

Griffon

Est will withdraw his now-extended blade from the same goblin, ideally finishing the job!

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    On phone in the middle of a nap, pardon the short reply.

Basic Attack:
    (2d6)[4][5](9)
    +4 ACC
    +10 vs ARM
    Crit on 11-12

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

"... really now ..." Lady Heart sighs delicately as she snaps her fingers, and the Egi begins to loom over Est as he charges in to finish the blow. Any time the Goblins would strike him, she'd be ready to defend.

Show
    Using Cover on Est.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

As the dirt hit her, Elyndrael realised the tactics used against her. Knowing she would only be a nuisance on the front line without her full sight, she align herdelf and take a few steps back and wiping her face with her free hand.

Adressing her teammates:"I'll be fine. I will step aside until i can see again. If you need me i'll support you from afar.

Show
    move to back lane.
    Use the Block action.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

All that remains is a pair of goblins, who all-but-ineffectually fling themselves at Clifford! They're very quickly dispatched, and the cave goes quiet again.

Once you've had time to rest and recover, the cave beckons ever onward.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both tink Clifford for negligible damage.

The battle is a foregone conclusion, so I'm not gonna make you guys act it out. If you want, describe how you kill the remaining goblins. Everyone's HP returns to full thanks to Elyndrael's innate ability.

Your rewards: 190 gil, 1 EXP. Split the gil how you like; I'd personally recommend just keeping it in a pool at the moment and doing the division once you reach town, but whatever works for you guys.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Lady Heart sends the little Egi to spit out a small gout of flame at one of the goblins, before sighing and dusting her hands off to protest, "This is hardly glamorous work. I suppose it can't be helped. What was it adventurers did again... was it..."

A pause.

"Ah, we have an interest in the material possessions of the fallen, do we not?" The young girl starts rummaging around for money.

23. - Top - End - #23

Wren scans the remainder of the battlefield. "Final enemy detected... Begin Assault protocol 4... C.C.C"((Close Combat Cleanup))

He lifts his left hand to his chest, holds his left wrist with his right hand and detaches his whole left hand. A compartment similar to the one on his leg opens from his stomach and he places the hand in it, removing a second identical hand. He locks it into place on his left arm and then dashes towards the remaining goblin. On arrival behind the unsuspecting creature, he holds his left hand to the goblins back and in a second the goblin slumps over lifeless, as it falls you see a metallic spike no longer than a dagger, retract back into Wrens hand.

"All enemies dispatched." he states most obviously, as he again detaches his left hand. replacing it with the first once more. He approaches the child scavenging the dead bodies for gear, "Lady and i grant this name Kisshot Acerolandromeda Heatunderfang, if you are in such desire of monetary gain you may have this, clearly you need it." he reaches down into the leg compartment and drops the money pouch in front of poor girl.

Spoiler
    Show

Wren believes that is her name everything said after Elyn said "I dub thee"......
    the switching of hands is the flavor on the standard action for switching his weapons. since this fight was wrapped up it didnt use an action but normally would as anyone switching weapons does.
    Last edited by Hiei; 2017-09-30 at 08:40 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

After she finally removed all the dirt in her eyes and face, Elyndrael saw her teammates attacking and felling them.

She then began to tends to the wounds of the group. Starting with the most damage to the less, always finishing by healing herself last.

As she finish Lady was scavanging for loot. As Wren approach her and give ger a purse full of coins she asked; Did you stole than bag from the goblins as we were fighting? If so i'm impressed by your speed to do so in combat. That speed might become handy in more than one occasion.

She then bowed lightly to him as a sign of respect. She then tend her vision to the cave they were in and the general layout of the immediate surrounding.

25. - Top - End - #25

Griffon

"A fine performance once again, my boon companions! Swift as lightning and elegant as a dancing flame!"

After surveying the becalmed battlefield, adjusting his clothes, and brushing bits of dirt and goblin away, Est approaches Elyndrael and gives a quick pat on the shoulder to get her attention.

"O angel of succor, ever selfless and kind! I pray you, see first to your own injuries when bloodshed visits again, for I fear the ache in my heart to see your white robes stained red is far worse than any mortal wound my own flesh might bear! Were you to fall before us, surely 'twould leave all our souls forsook."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Lady Heart takes the coins and smiles faintly, before remarking, "Well, aren't you one with manners? Also, Lady Heart will do, machine man," she expresses. She holds her hand out to Elyndrael to say, "I can also heal, if you're hurt. I'll have my servant here protect us before anything horrible happens."

27. - Top - End - #27

GreenSorcererElf

Reef blows the smoke off his gun.

"That was fine work, if I do say so myself!" It's not clear who he's talking about.

28. - Top - End - #28

Wren stares at her with a blank expression. "Registering -and grant this name Kisshot Acerolandromeda Heartunderfang- as Lady Heart. Likewise I am Wren NCC-1701-E, but you may call me Wren."

"In regards to your inquiry, I did procure this from that creature." he answers though he remains looking at Heart, and he points to what is left of the one he swiped. He does not need to look as his memory banks stores several varied tactical data constantly "And pride myself on my speed. It is what i was designed for, should it prove useful to this venture then i will have served as i was meant to (At this point he finally looks at Elyndrael.) "You called this creature a GOBLIN." he says slowly followed by the spelling, "G.O.B.L.I.N, registered."

As Reef walks up Wren takes notice of his weapon of choice, and does not make the comparison to that of his own. "What manner of weapon is that?"
    Last edited by Hiei; 2017-09-30 at 08:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei View Post
    Wren stares at her with a blank expression. "Registering -and grant this name Kisshot Acerolandromeda Heartunderfang- as Lady Heart. Likewise I am Wren NCC-1701-E, but you may call me Wren."

"In regards to your inquiry, I did procure this from that creature." he answers though he remains looking at Heart, and he points to what is left of the one he swiped. He does not need to look as his memory banks stores several varied tactical data constantly "And pride myself on my speed. It is what i was designed for, should it prove useful to this venture then i will have served as i was meant to (At this point he finally looks at Elyndrael.) "You called this creature a GOBLIN." he says slowly followed by the spelling, "G.O.B.L.I.N, registered."

As Reef walks up Wren takes notice of his weapon of choice, and does not make the comparison to that of his own. "What manner of weapon is that?"
    "It's a gun!" Reef begins to polish the weapon using his hands. "Much like that arm cannon of yours."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elfbird View Post
    "A fine performance once again, my boon companions! Swift as lightning and elegant as a dancing flame!"

After surveying the becalmed battlefield, adjusting his clothes, and brushing bits of dirt and goblin away, Est approaches Elyndrael and gives a quick pat on the shoulder to get her attention.

"O angel of succor, ever selfless and kind! I pray you, see first to your own injuries when bloodshed visits again, for I fear the ache in my heart to see your white robes stained red is far worse than any mortal wound my own flesh might bear! Were you to fall before us, surely 'twould leave all our souls forsook."
    Elyndrael blushed immediately as she was not use to be the center of attention nor ever in a praise like this one. Raising her head to make eye contact she stutter: "Don't... don't worry, if my condition is in a dire situation i'll tend to it. But it's the well been of all that surpass my own. Never shall i elevated my life above the others. After all, our most precious gift is the spark of life that reside inside all of us. My duty is to make sure that none of them go sparkless..."
    Last edited by Windy El; 2017-10-04 at 08:14 AM.