Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BITPRē] Kyuukyoku Gaiden: The Beachdown Apocalypse

And then later he can drop by the police station and somehow explain that they won't find records of him anywhere, not that they aren't welcome to try. How's that for a morning to look forward to?
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

He can let worry of tomorrow keep him awake for the night, or he can get some shut-eye. He may not have a clock in the room to keep time with, but he isn't getting any more of it.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

A fair point.

Nights out!

For some reason, he dreams about the Japanese version of Mulan's "I'll make a man out of you".

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

He might wake up to the sound of people moving outside his room. They're not here because of him, though. If he peeks out, he might catch a glance of paramedic carrying someone out... in a bag. Turns out, the old geezer from last night suffered a heart attack. Since he was alone in his room, no-one noticed untill the morning, and when they found him, it was already too late for first aid. So tragic.

But Koutarou knew this was coming, didn't he?

5. - Top - End - #185
    Orc in the Playground

Sort of. It still freaks him out that happened... more to the point, that a supposed Shinigami could 'tell' ahead of time he was going to die.

Perhaps more to the point, he feels strange about how every choice he seems to have made since this debacle started turned out to be wrong. Any other day, he'd have gone out of his mind with self-blame. But this feels just wrong, like he's been pushed into a string of no-win situations.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Are they no-win, or is it that he never firmly set on a victory condition himself? And if someone or something is pushing him, who or what is it?

Heavy, heavy questions. He can sit in his room, thinking about them, untill the facility staff get nosy, or he could try to sneak off while they're distracted. Or he could try to find some place to catch breakfast - he doesn't know if the facility offers such, but maybe they can point him somewhere where they hand out food donations.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

See, that, right there. THAT's the kind of mentality that's been bugging him. That he somehow couldn't even picture the situation he's in accurately somehow.

It's an extremely annoying possibility, to be sure.

But hey, stomach's growling. Might as well see if he can get breakfast.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

To know if he could solve the mystery surrounding him would require him to, well, know the solution to it. In the end, he cannot know if he will solve it untill he solves it or stops trying. All the while the invisible clock keeps ticking and the world keeps turning beneath his feet.

It turns out the shelter does offer a meager breakfast of porridge and juice, since Koutarou is completely without money. There's a radio playing in the dining room, sounding the morning news. It's second of April, local political parties are tangled in a knot due to some healtcare reform, construction has halted due to economic depression, something about a car pile-up on a major highway not far from here but luckily only two people have been confirmed dead, yadda yadda. The weather forecast promises that the sudden winter backlash from yesterday has passed and spring will continue in sunny and warm terms.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Meager or not, there's nothing Koutarou can do but be thankful.

Next stop, the police force! This isn't going to be awkward at all!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show