New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: PDFs

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default PDFs

Does anyone know how to make a nice PDF with an html file? In particular I would like to roll my homebrew together for a friend, who (since he is an uber optimizer) wants to be able to work on his character for summer... Thanks in advance for any help!
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PDFs

Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Does anyone know how to make a nice PDF with an html file? In particular I would like to roll my homebrew together for a friend, who (since he is an uber optimizer) wants to be able to work on his character for summer... Thanks in advance for any help!
    Do you mean turn an html into a PDF? I have been successful in doing that by opening the html in my browser of choice, and then "printing" it to PDF. That gives you a file that looks reasonably like the html you started with.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Do you mean turn an html into a PDF? I have been successful in doing that by opening the html in my browser of choice, and then "printing" it to PDF. That gives you a file that looks reasonably like the html you started with.

GW
    Woops, yea that's what I meant thanks!
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

While printing a web page doesn't always turn out the same way as it appears in a browser, using one of the various "Print to PDF" options is also my typical starting point for converting anything to PDF format.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.