New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: AD&D Sangromancer/Bloodmage Class

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcat View Post
    You really don't need to know ad&d just give an idea that seems properly themed, and let me handle the statistics!

OK!

I always liked fiddling with the blood bond idea, granting buffs to willing participants. Usually these were healing buffs, but I also included some that increased defense. Like gaining damage reduction as your blood hardens like armor.

There were also fun spells that had could do major damage to a target based on the difference between their hit dice and missing HP. I called it "gore shower." The explosion could fear nearby enemies. It was gross, but also fun if you succeeded.

You could have some specialty blood bending, like blood clotting a person in the brain for an aneurysm.

I also made a form of self resurrection, where you could leave your current vessel (body) and latch on to something nearby. If you beat them in a contest, you control the body for a time until you reconstituted yourself or latched on to something else. It was really creepy.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by cdax View Post
    OK!

I always liked fiddling with the blood bond idea, granting buffs to willing participants. Usually these were healing buffs, but I also included some that increased defense. Like gaining damage reduction as your blood hardens like armor.

There were also fun spells that had could do major damage to a target based on the difference between their hit dice and missing HP. I called it "gore shower." The explosion could fear nearby enemies. It was gross, but also fun if you succeeded.

You could have some specialty blood bending, like blood clotting a person in the brain for an aneurysm.

I also made a form of self resurrection, where you could leave your current vessel (body) and latch on to something nearby. If you beat them in a contest, you control the body for a time until you reconstituted yourself or latched on to something else. It was really creepy.
    Those are some good ideas, I really like that last one. Although, Im a bit confused what you meant with the differwnce between HD and missing hp with the gore shower, could you elaborate?
    Last edited by Hubcat; 2017-11-01 at 10:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33

NecromancerGuy

OK!

I'm also a bit confused on what you meant by blood bond, could you also give more details on that?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Those are some good ideas, I really like that last one. Although, Im a bit confused what you meant with the differwnce between HD and missing hp with the gore shower, could you elaborate?
    So the ability gains a increasing amount of dice to roll for each hit dice worth of how the enemy is missing. For example, if an enemy is missing 16 hit points and has 5d8 hit dice, you would add 2 dice two the attack, either d8s or whatever dice you decide to give the ability.

So if the base ability dies 3d8, you add the 2d8 and rill 5d8.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm also a bit confused on what you meant by blood bond, could you also give more details on that?
    You could make this a ritual for willing participants to gain benefits under conditions. When you activate the bond, each participant gets the associated benefits and costs... Which will probably be HP loss to be honest haha.

Think if it like a contract that players can sign for power, at a price..... Written in blood..... Dundundun

6. - Top - End - #36

NecromancerGuy

So the ability gains a increasing amount of dice to roll for each hit dice worth of how the enemy is missing. For example, if an enemy is missing 16 hit points and has 5d8 hit dice, you would add 2 dice two the attack, either d8s or whatever dice you decide to give the ability.

So if the base ability dies 3d8, you add the 2d8 and rill 5d8.
    Ohhh, I get it now, thanks for elaboration!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Ohhh, I get it now, thanks for elaboration!
    I am glad. I am answering on my phone and the text is all wonky.

8. - Top - End - #38

NecromancerGuy

I am glad. I am answering on my phone and the text is all wonky.
    Yea, me too, sometimes my text messes up to, I usually double check everything before hitting submit

9. - Top - End - #39

NecromancerGuy

New spells, sorry cdax if I misunderstood the blood bond thing, I changed it a bit from what you originally said, and everyone, please comment if you have suggestions for change!

lvl 5:

• Gore Shower
    o The effected explodes in gore, causing a morale check for the other combatants on the enemy’s team, and dealing 1 of their hit dice+1 of their hit dice of damage for every hp equal to the hit die. For example, if there is a creature with d8 hit dice, with 5 hit dice, and it has taken 16 damage so far, it takes 1d8+2d8 damage, or if a creature with d6 for hit dice has taken 18 damage, it takes 1d6+3d6 damage.
    o Casting time 3 segments
    o Range 1”/lvl
    o Duration instantaneous
    o Can sacrifice 3 hp to increase damage by 1 of their hit dice damage
    o Credit: cdax

lvl 7:

• Blood Bond
    o The caster of this spell binds a person, themselves or another, with a permanent spell. The spell causes the bound to lose 8 max hp per level of the spell, and lose max hp too when sacrificing for the spell, equal to the hp sacrificed. This spell can be dispelled at any time by the Sangromancer who cast it. To choose the spell that is bound, the caster must have it in memory, then the Sangromancer loses it afterwards. If the caster multi-classes with two magic using classes, this spell will effect their other spells as well.
    o Casting time 144 turns(1 day)
    o Duration permanent
    o Range 1”/lvl
    o Cannot be boosted

10. - Top - End - #40

NecromancerGuy

I'm still working on the blood possession thing

11. - Top - End - #41

NecromancerGuy

lvl 6:

• Death Possession
    o If you would die with this spell in memory, you instead possess a creature within 1”/lvl by forcing your blood through their skin and in to them, and lose this spell from your memory. They get to make a constitution check once a day, and when originally possessed to force you out. If they succeed, you die. While possessing, you may spend 6 hours repossessing your body, bringing it back to life, and causing you and the possessed to need 1 round to recuperate. In relation to your stats while in the body of the possessed, they are figured out the same as the 5th level magic user spell Magic Jar.
    o Casting time none
    o Duration special
    o Range self
    o Cannot be boosted

Now your spells go 5th 6th 7th

Also, does anyone know if their is a way to attach word documents to these posts? Or is that not allowed?
    Last edited by Hubcat; 2017-11-02 at 09:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

NecromancerGuy

This is just a quick 4th level utility spell

• Blood tool
    o Make a tool from your own blood, be it a hammer, sledgehammer, lumber axe, pick axe, ect. This can be most anything that would be considered a tool, at the discretion of the DM, and are as good as the top unenchanted tools. Boosting this will only make the more of the same tool already made, and for small tools, such as hammers, will make 3 per spell/boost, and tiny tools such as lock picks will make 10 per spell/boost.
    o Duration 6 turns/lvl
    o Sacrifice 3 hp to increase tools made by 1, unless they are small or tiny tools, in which case refer back to the spell

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

Here's another 5th level spell

• Indoctrination
    o The caster forces a summoned imp to grant blood powers to a willing pupil, making them a level 1 sangromancer as long as they fit the requirements. An imp summoned and bound by blood demon cannot normally do this, this is the only way to cause this to happen. The Sangromancer will be able to learn after this spell, but will not have the knowledge.
    o Casting time 6 turns
    o Range touch
    o Duration permanent
    o Ritual
    o Cannot be boosted
    Last edited by Hubcat; 2017-11-06 at 12:16 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

NecromancerGuy

Also, I don't believe I've explained this before, but sangromancers become sangromancers when an imp or another demon turns a willing person into one, and teaches them the beginnings of Sangromancy. This can only be done once per demon, so getting one to do it is hard. If a Sangromancer is not made through the indoctrination spell, usually the imp will not do this unless a favor was done to them by this person, or if they believe the Sangromancer will become powerful, and will later come back and demand compensation, even in the form of servitude, for giving them these powers.

15. - Top - End - #45

NecromancerGuy

• Blood Mark
    o The caster sets a trap, a rune written in blood, that will activate when it detects any creature not within certain caster set parameters, that will activate any spell that is 3 levels lower than the casters max casting level that will target the creature that set it off.
    o Casting time 6 turns
    o Range touch
    o Duration permanent
    o Ritual
    o Cannot be boosted

New 5th level spell, this one's a bit interesting

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGuy

Sacrificing blood to increase the damage of the various blood blade spells now also gives a +1 to hit

17. - Top - End - #47

NecromancerGuy

• Control Person
    o The caster forces the target’s blood to bend however the caster chooses, forcing them to move however the caster chooses. This can only effect creatures with blood, and they get a saving throw.
    o Duration 2 rounds/lvl
    o Range 1”/lvl
    o Sacrifice 2 hp to give the target -1 on their saving throw, sacrifice 10 hp to add a target. Sacrifice 5 hp to make it so that one target may be lifted by you at 1”/lvl/round, and so that you may kill them at will.

This is a new 6th level spell, I''m sorry I haven't posted for a bit, I'm just running out of ideas.
    Last edited by Hubcat; 2017-11-17 at 11:10 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

NecromancerGuy

• Battle of Wills
    o The caster and the target have a contest of wills, causing the caster and the target to be forced to still and concentrate. If the caster is attacked, the spell is ended, but the target will stay still and focus, no matter what. The target gets an intelligence check to avoid the spell. The spell continues as long as the caster focuses on the spell.
    o Duration Special
    o Sacrifice 2 hp to give a -1 on the opponent’s intelligence check

4th level spell this time

19. - Top - End - #49

NecromancerGuy

New first level spell, and while this seems to be a bit powerful, I'd like to point our the only thing that makes this better than the cantrip Draw Blood is that this spell is faster, and is probably fast enough to cast it and one other spell in a round, so that you can cast it on an opponents turn.

• Fizzle
    o The target’s spell fizzles, making them make a save versus spell or lose the spell from memory, and canceling the spell.
    o Casting time 1/10 segment
    o Range 1”/lvl
    o Duration instantaneous
    o Cannot be boosted

20. - Top - End - #50

NecromancerGuy

• Prove
    o The caster shows their true meaning, causing anyone who hears them to believe them, but only if the caster themselves believes whatever they say to be true.
    o Range self
    o Duration 1 round/lvl
    o Can sacrifice 2 hp to increase duration by 1 round/lvl

this is another 1st level spell, and with it's addition it now requires a d10 to roll the first spells of a sangromancer

21. - Top - End - #51

NecromancerGuy

Here's a 2nd level spell, with more utility than most of the Sangromancer spells
    • Glowing Blood
    o This spell causes blood to glow, will light up 30” for a pint, and can’t get brighter with more added, but will get dimmer if there is less. This spell makes one pint of glowing blood.
    o Range 0
    o Casting Time 1 turn
    o Duration permanent
    o Every time you cast this spell, you lose 5 hp for each pint of glowing blood that you made currently existing.

22. - Top - End - #52

NecromancerGuy

• Live Sacrifice
    o This spell allows you to use others blood to cast your spells, however the spells casting time is multiplied by 20 if you cast it like this, and you must have living creatures to extract the blood from. This spell also makes whatever spell you cast a ritual. After casting this spell, the sacrifices die.
    o Casting Time N/A
    o Range N/A
    o Duration N/A
    o Ritual
    o Cannot be boosted

Here's a 5th level spell, designed to be powerful in certain situations, weaker in others.

23. - Top - End - #53

NecromancerGuy

• Bug (reversible)
    o The caster creates a magical bug, invisible to normal eyes, that through they can see and hear. This bug is stationary, and easily seen with detect magic and see invisibility. Any effects like see invisibility or detect magic on the caster will not transfer through the bug. You can only have one bug at a time, although a lesser wish will increase this number by one, and a wish by 5. The reverse will freeze the vision of the insect for 1 round per level, and cause it to detect no sound. After the duration ends, the caster will know that this happened.
    o Duration permanent or 1 round/lvl
    o Casting time 3 turns
    o Range 0
    o Cannot be boosted

This is 6th level, which might seem like a lot, until you realize that magic mirror in a 4th level magic user spell, which doesn't allow sound, takes forever to cast, and doesn't last long, plus it can only see people.

24. - Top - End - #54

NecromancerGuy

Of course, open to suggestions, here's a new 6th level spell

• Nightmarish Terror
    o The caster sends themselves into a dream in a nightmarish form, and while in the dream, all the caster’s stats are equal to the caster’s intelligence. If the opponent sees the caster, they must make a moral check every round to not run. Whilst in the dream, the caster can teleport anywhere, has a plus 8 to hit and does a d20 with each hit. However, the target has any usual combat gear/spells they have. The caster’s health is double in the dream. This spell can target any one the caster has met in the same plane as the caster, and the target must be asleep. If either die, they actually die. This spell lasts until the caster or the target dies.
    o Duration Special
    o Casting time 3 turns
    o Range N/A
    o Sacrifice 5 max hp to only wake up if you die in the dream, this hp can only be restored by a lesser wish or a restoration spell

Sorry for posting less, I'm really running out of ideas for spells, please post some below if you want to see more posts, you don't need to know the system, simply give an idea and let me handle the statistics.

25. - Top - End - #55

NecromancerGuy

• Sustain
    o The caster sustains the target’s health, keeping them fed, hydrated, and not in need of shelter. This spell keeps the target from getting hungrier, thirstier, too cold, too wet, or too hot. This will not protect from lava, cone of cold, fireball, or the likes, but will protect them from exposure. This will also keep them oxygenated at high altitudes.
    o Duration 12 turns/lvl
    o Range touch
    o Can sacrifice 3 hp to add a target

4th level spell here, this one is one of the rarer utility spells, and can be quite useful at higher levels, at level 12 a 4th level spell and some hp a day can keep your entire party safe in almost any extreme conditions.

26. - Top - End - #56

NecromancerGuy

• Doors
    o The caster makes all doors within range extremely annoying to pass through. To everyone but the caster, doors opened within range of this spell will have a door behind it, and this will repeat up to as many doors as the caster’s level. If the caster leaves a door open, this effect does not take place, and unless something is jammed in the door way, doors will shut behind anyone that walks through. Each cater can only have one of these spells active at any time, and can only be cast in a place the caster considers to be home. This will not affect magical doors.
    o Duration permanent
    o Casting time 12 turns
    o Range 0
    o AoE 5”/lvl
    o Cannot be boosted

Just a quick 5th level spell to protect your keep

27. - Top - End - #57

NecromancerGuy

Hey everyone! Not sure about everyone else, but today is my first day back from winter break. I took a bit of a break from Sangromancing, but now I'm back! I have a new 6th level spell, Sense:

• Sense
    o The caster senses the world around them, making themselves aware of every crack, crevice, and creature. The caster is aware of everything within the range, every shape and creature. Water or other liquids will disrupt the sense, so if a chest were placed under water, the caster would not know it was there, but would know that some kind of liquid was there. Creatures that are not almost completely liquid or jelly do not count as liquid. Magical protections against scrying prevent detection, but invisibility does not.
    o Duration 1 round/lvl
    o Casting time 1 turn
    o Range 0
    o AoE: 1” radius from the caster
    o Sacrifice 3 hp to increase duration by 1 round

I hope everyone had a great break, or is still having a great break, please leave comments or posts to give ideas, ask questions, or critique! This thread has been a bit quite lately, so I would be excited to get new ideas for spells and the like.

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

Here's a bit of a gross one, at 3rd level

• Gorge
    o Flesh to mouth, mouth to life, you eat your enemy’s flesh. This can only be done to physical and dead foes, and adds their total life to your current life, but this won’t restore you past full life. This process takes 1d4 rounds per hit die of the enemy, and the healing won’t take place until after they are completely eaten, except for equipment and bones. This will also protect from eating poison creatures. The spell lasts until dispelled or until after eating the creature. Cannot eat undead.
    o Duration special
    o Range touch
    o AoE: One creature
    o Sacrifice 5 hp to add another creatures body to the spell, this will also extend the spells duration until all creatures are eaten.

29. - Top - End - #59

NecromancerGuy

I think it's probably best if bleeds duration was now 1 round per level, because other wise, at 5th level when you can cast it, you sacrifice only 4 hp to deal 60 damage over 10 rounds, so now it would be sacrifice 4 hp for 30 hp over 5 rounds.

30. - Top - End - #60

NecromancerGuy

• Shorten(Reversible)
    o The target becomes permanently 2 inches shorter. This can be continually cast until the target is nothingness. This spell’s verbal component is so unnoticeable that unless a detect magic is going, it won’t be noticed. Every round, those around the target must make a wisdom check at -18 to notice this difference, and a +1 for each 2 inches shorter they are. Even if noticed, unless they are noticeably shorter, it is unlikely to be any cause of alarm at first, and if they are a king or the like, it is unlikely they will be told. Telling a king he is short is a bad idea. A Restoration spell will restore all height taken off by this spell, or the reverse of this spell will restore 1 inch/lvl, but this won’t increase past the original height.
    o Casting time 1/10 segment
    o Range 1”
    o Duration permanent
    o Cannot be boosted, generally spraying your own blood everywhere is a dead giveaway something’s wrong.

This one is a 4th level spell, for those who are assassins, I guess.