New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Tears of Amber - Main

Umbear rouses from his sleep with a sweat. Panic
    He begins flailing his arms wildly for a moment in his first seconds of being awake before looking around wild eyed.
    A cold sweat upon his brown he begins to catch his breath. Calming
    It happened again... as it always does... when an ally falls. Nightmares from his childhood, when he killed his entire family. His powers going out of control... those close to him unable to stand against his power unleashed.
    He takes a moment, to feel his power... make sure it is still under his control before he inhales and begins to augment himself for the day. Gathering power before pushing it into his defenses.

Spoiler: Buffs
    Show

Ice Armor +12 Armor
    Shimmering Mirage: 20% Miss Chance
    Earth Defense: DR20/Adamantine
    Emptyness: 50% Immune to Crits and Sneak Attack, Negative Energy Resist 20
    Fluid Form:

He shakes himself as he reaches to put on his belongings... He pushes out the Window to fly toward the East Tower.

Resolve

He lands near the tower among the troups and spots Gorrun.

"General. You ready for some Ramparts around the Tower to secure a defensive line?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Earlier....
    Gorrun replied to Kest.
    Spoiler: Undercommon
    Show
    Whether you're doing it for Aurora, The city, a sense of duty or one of self preservation, you're still here instead of hiding in a corner somewhere like a coward. That means something. I can respect that.

Gorrun watches the sun rise over the horizon, his nerves begin to still, a false sense of peace seems to rise with it. Tents have been erected along the far side of the park and down one of the adjacent streets. Soldiers begin sleeping in shifts to avoid becoming weary and weakened. He knows it will be hours still until the other heroes arise and join him. He looks to Kest.
    Show
    Looks like rain later. It's always more difficult fighting in mud. Destroys morale, but we'll get through this, somehow. If reports are right, we've got one hell of a storm coming in in a few days.

When Umbear lands beside him Gorrun looks up at the towers. The castle walls and parapets will suffice for defense, but how would you build them? Could your abilities be used to build support scaffolding or buttresses to stabilize that protruding lab?
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Markas woke up but didn't feel rested, his heart still filled with grief over losing the love he just found. He stared at the ceiling a moment before looking out the window of his room and saw the sky being covered in the blue-white energy shield Hervir gave her life to erect. It reminded him why she sacrificed herself and that this was only the beginning. He was needed as were the other heroes. They had a job to do, people to protect, a kingdom to save, a war to win.

Markas nodded to himself and shot out of bed. The next few days will be rough on him, but he promised himself to try and save his sorrow for the private moments that will no doubt be fewer and fewer in number in the upcoming war, though he may not always succeed. He stripped and freshened up as quickly as possible before getting dressed in his more battle-appropriate clothes and geared up. Not having any instruction on where to meet this morning, he decided to try the dining hall where they've shared many meals already.
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-10-05 at 11:51 AM.
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Aistriú woke with a start, sensing Umbear's panic. Disoriented, the first impulse was to cast 'Dimension Door', but nothing happened. Blinking, the memories came flooding back. Aistriú shook their head and grabbed the nearest tunic and leggings, heedless of whether or not they matched. Aistriú hurried into the mouse hole tunnels and headed for Umbear's room.
    The tunnels being what they were, Aistriú made good time, and arrived at Umbear's room just a few moments later, before he left. A round, decorative element on a corner column in the room swiveled and slid inward, and the danthienne crouched in the opening. Aistriú looked around the room, but saw nothing out of place.
    "Umbear, what's wrong?" Aistriú asked, voice still a little groggy.

Torilee woke slowly, at first thinking she was in her usual chair, but gradually realizing the texture was wrong, and there was no light coming in from the window in Aurix's room. She sat up, scrubbing her eyes. She looked around, momentarily confused, and then realized where she was... and why. Tears welled up in her eyes. Blinking them back, she un-braided her now-messy, long, dark red pigtails and combed her fingers through the long waves. She carefully re-parted her hair and re-braided the pigtails in two neat, even plaits. Sniffling, she sat up and looked around for Aurix. When she saw him, she rubbed her fist under her nose and blinked.
    "W-what should I prepare today, Aurix? I-I don't know how to prepare for war..."

Aurora woke when the sun had finally reached a high enough point that the light coming in the window shone down at enough of an angle to touch her face. Squinting, she covered her face and laid still for a few moments longer, pulling herself together so she could do her meditation. She took a deep, shaky breath and shoved awkwardly to her feet, a task made more difficult by how yielding the pile of pillows was, preventing her from getting good leverage.
    "That's why I don't do that often," she muttered when she finally made it upright.
    With a sigh, she stretched, limbering up, extra important after sleeping in an unusual position all night. Then she grabbed her brush off the counter and began to groom herself, slipping into her meditation, putting herself in touch with the Divine Wind, to ready herself for the day.
    When that was done, she grabbed her bag, barely noticing the things that had spilled out. She shrugged, not caring if she had the temple vouchers with her or not, and shouldered the bag, which did seem somewhat lighter than usual, and headed for the kitchen. She picked up several loaves of bread and three sacks of pitted cherries, along with two dozen boiled eggs. She didn't know who would or wouldn't have grabbed breakfast for themselves yet. She popped cherries from one sack in her mouth as she trotted from the kitchen towards the tower to see who was there and what was going on. As she headed that way, she squinted up at the bubble-like barrier, assessing it, and trying to gauge the weather through it.
    Arcana: (1d20+15)[19]
    Survival: (1d20+24)[25]
    But she couldn't manage to make anything out about either.

When Geiravor touched the baby cockatrice, the chick's eyes peeled open, and it peered dimly at her, the first thing it had ever seen.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-10-05 at 12:11 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn tossed and turned in her sleep. The images of the events in the tower blurred in with her nightmare images of her troops she lost when she was younger. Jaylyn finally opened her eyes and looked up from the pillow, her eyes dry and burning from the night before's crying. She turned over to sit up...and fell out of the bed to the floor with a hard thud. "OWW...SON OF A..." she started before realizing what had happened, the night before she flopped down on the side of bed instead of the center of it like she normally did.

Jaylyn stood up rubbing her rear with her hand, "Well I'm awake now." she said rubbing the burning sensation out of her eyes with the other hand. After the pain in her rear and her eyes went away she walked over to the deck with her bags on it and grabbed her brush and brushed her hair and fur to a presentable level. Then grabbing both of her bags and her staff, she went down to the kitchen to grab a light meal.

Jaylyn walked outside while eating, after finishing her light meal, she took off for the park to see if there was anything she could do to assist.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear froze as he was about to leave, hearing Ais.

"Oh... sorry... had a nightmare. Not a great start to the morning. If you are ready you can join me... Im going to see if I can help prepare the area around the East Tower for the oncoming invasion... Maybe you can tell me what sort of defenses will be best for demons. Im not.... well versed."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbear shook his head to Gorrun.

"I dont really have anything to reinforce that. a Druid or Cleric, maybe a handy wizard would be your caster for that. But... should the invasion burst through the wall, due to uncanny demonic strength, I could pre-emptively reinforce the surrounding area with Ramparts. "
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2017-10-05 at 01:48 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Aistriú blinked their green eyes sleepily, but nodded. "Sure, sure. I'm a bit slow to get going in the mornings, but I'm good to go... I've got clothes on, not much else matters. Though we should probably think about food. And, uh, Umbear? I should dismiss our connection at some point today... before we reach the twenty-four hour point and you start paying the price for the bond. I'm not like my kin... I know the bond can only ever be temporary, one way or another... either by dismissing it to protect the bonded, or... or the bonded... dies..." they said, crossing the room and climbing onto Umbear's shoulder.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #188

RedWizardGuy

The dining area was unusually empty and Markas wasn't used to the unusual way day and night worked this far north. Figuring the others already were getting busy, he went to the kitchen to grab some bread and cheese, something easy to eat on the way and headed to the tower to see if the others were there. He took a look at the sky to see Hervir's Barrier with a heavy heart, but also to see if he can determine how the weather would be today.

Survival: (1d20+4)[19]

"Great, it's going to be cold and wet on top of everything else," Markas complained to the open sky. He looked at the tower and saw several of his allies already there, "Morning everyone. Just to let you know, I think we'll be in for some rain, I'm sure that will factor in stabilizing the tower at some point. Is there anything I can do to help for now?"
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-10-05 at 02:13 PM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun gives Umbear's words some thought. If you're going to do that, erect them along that ridge there, on this side of the damage. That way we can elevate some archers out here as well and funnel the damned through a channel of arrows.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-05 at 05:39 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Pain. Regret. Sympathy. Love. Aurix moves to Torilee and scoops her up. He gently hugs her to his chest for a minute. "I know you said you accepted the risk, but I don't envy you this day. We're gonna be in the thick of it, and it's gonna be messy. Thank goodness we had this long before they came through, or it would be a lot worse. People should be out of or leaving the city at this point." Kicking himself. Aurix sighs. "If I had known we had this long...I should have been there for Geiravor. I was focused on the mission, wanted to make sure Hervir's death wasn't in vain. I was cold inside. I didn't feel I had sympathy to give at that moment. I'm an adventurer; you tend to think about death differently as a soldier or an adventurer. Somebody dies, you get the job done, THEN you mourn. That's not what she needed. And now she's hurt, and I can't fix it."

Embarrassment, shame. Aurix bites his lip and paces away a few steps. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be going on about this. We were talking about you, and now I'm talking about me. I just...I've been dwelling on it all night. Anyway, I can go through your spells with you. It all depends on what role you're gonna take." Aurix moves to sit down with Torilee.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear smiles to Ais.

"Wanna make it a morning ritual for you and me? Break the Old bond and start the new?"

He reaches up, offering a playful nudge to Ais's Shoulder.

"If your hungry, you can go grab some breakfast and meet me out at the tower, help you wake up. I can go a long while without food... especially... well... I dont need food now..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbear nods to the General.

"I dont know the exact nature of whats going on with the cracks on the ground, so Ill start making Ramparts around the area to reinforce the surrounding zones to bottleneck any possible incursion."

umbear begins a series of Gathering Energy and raising 10 foot tall Ramparts, starting 25 feet from the cracks outward, working to create bottle necking for troops and preferential attack areas for Archers and troops.
    Festival of Heroes:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor smiled faintly as Tricey looked at her. "Good morning, Tricey." she said.

She rolled out of bed and prayed to Freya to prep her spells. After an hour, she put on some underclothes and called in Jaysen. He came in and helped her into her armor and gear. Once geared up she cast Mind Blank from her ring. Next, she called Geoffray for breakfast for herself and Tricey. She ate breakfast on the floor while feeding Tricey. She watched the tiny creature curiously. Geiravor sighed wistfully.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-10-05 at 08:19 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

13. - Top - End - #193

Once he was through soeaking to Gorrun, he found a secluded place to pray. He did not change his spells, simply reinforced his knowledge of them and reaffirmed his devotion to Kamus. Then, he stood watch with the soldiers. Lumont got them food during their watch, allowing Kestejoo a short break, but they both knew there would be no sleep tonight.

As morning dawned and the heroes began to gather once more, Kestejoo sought out Gorrun to see if there were any changes. The mention of the weather made the centaur frown.

Show
    ”Is there a way for your druids to solidify the ground should it become muddy? It would be rather bad if we lost simply due to muddy ground...”

When others began arriving, Kesejoo greeted each in his choppy Common, remembering only a few names.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

It looks like it might hold off until tomorrow, but I think we're in for some violent downpours by the end of the week. Gorrun answered Markas

Gorrun nods watching Umbear work. He looks up to Ais. There was a priestess here last evening. She claimed to have a gift of healing. She volunteered to return to help nurse the wounded later. I could speak to her on your behalf if that's something you'd like. Though I suppose I would have to come up with a new nickname for you if you agreed.

When Kest returned with his question Gorrun said.
    Show
    If any in the kingdom can, the druids of the grove can. I've sent men to fetch them but it can be a long journey on foot. I'm sure they will arrive soon, once they have completed their morning rituals
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-05 at 09:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Torilee slid down from the chair and followed Aurix, climbing up to his shoulder when she caught up to him. She wrapped her arms as far around his neck as she could to hug him.
    "Aurix, hey, she's a princess. If anyone understands duty, it's her, hey! And hey, right now she knows that no one has time to really grieve, hey, because we have to face what's coming! And Aurix... from what I understand, hey, the Princess and the Court Mage were very close... like sisters, hey. One night of grief wouldn't be enough. If you'd gone to her to let her grieve, hey, you'd have opened the floodgates, hey, and it wouldn't have been good to force them shut in order to face today. Hey, I'm young for my kind, but I've been around a while, hey, compared to you big people. And your kind experiences loss more frequently than fey do. So I've seen it before, hey? Many times."
    The brownie let go and settled with her legs dangling across the sorcerer-paladin's collarbones.
    "What role do you want me to take, Aurix?" she asked simply. "What do you plan to do, and how can I make it more effective, hey?"

Aistriú shrugged. "There's no limit to how many times I can make new bonds in a day. But it does take a bit of time. At this point, dismissing it and renewing it before bed is probably the better option, since it was after midnight when I made this one. The way I thought to use the bond last night... that feels like a way to be useful. If the group needs to split up, I should be in one group and whomever I'm bonded to in another group, so my group will at least know how the other group is doing. But that means, whatever group I'm in, needs to be able to protect me, otherwise it's kinda pointless. So it may come down to you having to choose between being my bonded partner, or being the one to protect me," the danthienne pointed out.
    "I didn't go to the feast, but I did eat before going to bed, so it's a bit soon for breakfast. I know I may not get a chance later, but, somebody probably has trail rations at least, and it's not like it takes much to feed me. But why don't you need food?" Aistriú asked, puzzled.

Aistriú shook their head at Gorrun. "She should save her magic for those who need it. It'll be more important to restore somebody's lost head, or a soldier's missing leg, than my arm. It doesn't hinder me. You can still cast somatic spells with one hand. I just can't be armed and do magic at the same time. Though I was seldom ever armed anyway. But, now that I think about it, I actually wish I had some coin to invest in some high quality light armor," they said wryly.
    "By the by, I don't suppose you have a way to amplify my singing, do you? I can inspire courage in anyone who could hear me, and they don't have to see me for it to work. I can turn myself invisible for protection and still empower Juvelnord's forces."

Aurora trotted over to the assembled group, arms full of the food she'd brought with her.
    "So, who had the foresight to get breakfast, and who's happy to see me?" she asked brightly, showing off the loaves of bread, the remaining sacks of cherries, and two dozen boiled eggs. She plucked one of the eggs from the basket to save for herself.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-10-06 at 12:18 PM.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix leans his head against Torilee on his shoulder. "You always know just what to say, kid. Come on, let's have a look at your spells."

Aurix sits down on the floor with Torilee and her spellbook. "So, with Wergontix, I'm basically an all-rounder in the best way. I can fight, and I can cast. I can even do both at the same time, but it takes a lot more power to do so. That's where you come in. With Remote Casting, you can draw on my offensive magic and damage large groups even while I'm fighting up close. You're not experienced enough with my spells to know which to use when- and we wanna avoid property damage- so it'll take some mental communication. At least the Remote Casting will tell you what I have available. That's for dealing with large groups of weak enemies. If we have the time and the position, we want to fight them in melee to conserve spells. But if they're moving off or trying to hurt someone else, we blast 'em with magic!"

"For big single foes, I'll want you to switch to casting protection spells on me. I'll know which ones to ask for, depending on the situation. Unfortunately you can't cast True Strike on me, but if we could make a True Strike wand, you could in the future. But things like my Dragon Hide spell, Legendary Proportions, Greater Heroism- you can put these on me when I fight something real nasty."

"I should be strong enough to take out a lot of lesser demons in melee, so not every battle even requires magic. In that case, I prefer you remain merged with me, to keep you safe. The biggest threat to you is an enemy spellcaster that is hitting everyone in the area. If that happens, pop me with Spell Resistance and merge."

"I know this is complicated, but we'll have to play it by ear. Battle is like that. As to your own spells...what we've tried to do is make it so you can use them often. So we'll want to prepare things we know will work here. Protection from Evil is a good one. It won't do a lot for me, but you can cast it on soldiers. Haste is always good to have around. I'd prepare....Magic Missile and Protection from Evil, Resist Energy and Make Whole, Haste aaaaaand...Communal Resist Energy. If you need to Tether Step or Dispel something, you can borrow mine. Any encounter where I intend to use you, I'll start with Remote Casting, or some version of it. That way, you'll know to come out. Any questions?"

"Oh, one last thing. Today is gonna be an endurance race. Use magic sparingly, and only for a specific goal. I'm gonna pull on Wergontix often. If you don't have a use for your spells, you can recharge it, or just wait. But whatever you do, don't cast Sorcerous Prime except in the most dire of circumstances! It's powerful and has no element, but it will drain me very quickly. I'll use it one day...but probably not today!"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Droktoktor woke up in the morning and decided to head to the kitchen to get some breakfast. After eating his breakfast he headed back to his room to get himself prepared for anything that could happen that day. He then headed to the park to see if there was anything that was happening.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

Torilee nodded, sticking out the tip of her tongue as she penned the list on a piece of scrap paper. "Cantrips, hey? 'Read Magic' and 'Detect Magic' are pretty standard, hey? I was thinking, hey, 'Message' and 'Dancing Lights', to send signals to the others if we need to, hey?"

"I have an ioun stone ready to pickup at Gemstar today," Aurora said. "I already paid for it. I can get there and back in probably about five minutes if I hustle. Once my arms are free of breakfast, I'd like to do that. It's... a stone to make my spells more powerful, so... kinda want to get it if the Gemstar artisans will open the door for me. I highly doubt they're open," she said wryly.

"Then again, life goes on," Aistriú said with grim humor.
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Kestejoo smiled brightly when Aurora arrived. "We help to, ah, lighten load," the centaur said his choppy Common. He motioned to Lumont and the servant snagged a free camp table, setting it just off to the side for Aurora to put her burdens down on.

"A... good morning to you," Kestejoo said by way of greeting. He plucked an egg, a piece of bread, and a handful of cherries from the pile. "Mind if I... come with? Good to get blood pumping in morning."
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"That's a great idea, Torilee! We should see if Juvelnord already has Dancing Light signals for long range communication. If not, we ought to come up with some patterns. A signal that means all clear, and one that means we need soldiers, and maybe one that means there's a big nasty that we'll need a team of heroes to take down. You should think about that for a bit. You need time to prepare, right? I need to go find Markas. You gonna be okay up here for a bit?" Aurix asks.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora rubbed the egg between her hands and peeled it in a deft, practiced motion. "You sure, Kest? You've been up all night, right? I wouldn't want you to strain yourself. Though I suppose I could take care of the fatigue for a couple people. Who else stayed up? Gorrun?" she asked, looking at the shobhad as she took a bite of egg.

Torilee slapped her forehead with her palm. "Hey, ah, I forgot! I can use 'Dancing Lights' without preparing it... it's something all brownies can do! So, 'Flare' instead. Similar idea, hey, but gives another signal method!"
    "Yeah, hey, I'll be fine. It'll take me an hour to memorize these spells for the day. But on the other hand, hey, if they're going to be trying to bolster the tower, maaaaybe I shouldn't be in here... in case something goes wrong, hey? I can't 'Dimension Door' to safety anymore," she said, frowning. "I can study on the ground too, hey?"
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods. "All right, let's do that then." Aurix lets Torilee climb up onto his shoulder, then they fly down to the park.

After getting Torilee set up somewhere, Aurix seeks out Markas. "I have something for you, to aid you in battle today," Aurix says. He hands Markas two 3 oz mana crystals. "If you take these into Warrick's Training Ground and meditate with them for an hour, they will attune to your ki. They must touch your skin during that time. You can use them to supplement your own ki. I hope that will come in handy today. When Brynhildr has some more time, I plan to make you an ioun stone like I did for Jaylyn. The ioun stone will recharge; these crystals will not. I hope they serve you well."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

d6 Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Tears of Amber - Main

As you wish Gorrun replied to Ais If you could play a horn, the Gjallarhorn can be heard for miles, but for your voice, aside from the Princess' spell powered cry, i have no idea.

When Aurora arrived with breakfast Gorrun said Thank you! taking half a dozen eggs and half a loaf of bread. This will do until I can get something else. I appreciate it. When she mentions the rock shop Gorrun grabs an orbiting stone and says Could you see if they can put a large charge on this? Or since we're in a time crunch, if they have a large one prepared just use this as trade credit. he hands her the +4 strength iuon stone and draws a smaller one to set in orbit while it is absent.Yes, I've been awake as well He pulls out his coin pouch to hand her the 40k gp to fund the project and sees a smaller pouch. Oh, how could I forget? You do have coin little Tyrling. You slept through the party last night so I couldn't give you this. He holds out the 100lb bag of gold to Ais. if it is too heavy I will be glad to carry it for you just know that it is at your disposal.
    Last edited by STDM Grizzly Ad; 2017-10-06 at 08:25 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

With her Gungnir fauchard over her shoulder and Tricey in the familar pouch, she left her room and walked hurriedly down the cooridor.

"Geoffray, where are the heroes?" the Princess inquiried.

"I heard the guards whispering about a gathering at the west tower, You Highness." the head butler replied, keeping her pace down the hall.

She sighed. "I was born for this, right Geoffray? To defend Juvelnord?"

Geoffray paused for a moment, but kept walking along with her. "I don't know about destiny and such, Princess. However, I know the staff believes in you and as do I."

She took a deep breath and huffed. "I will not... let you and the staff down."

"And please do be careful." Geoffray pleaded.

"Of course, Geoffray, I have the heroes behind me." she reassured.

As she reached the end of the cooridor, she came to a balcony. Geoffray rushed on, open, and held the door for her. She gave him a nod of thanks. Spreading her wings, she stepped up the stone railing of the balcony and stepped off into a drop. The winged Aasimar Princess fell briefly before catching air with her wings and lifting off of it with a flap of her mighty wings. She flew from the eastern wing of the to the south side, where the imposing figure of the Abyssal radiated east tower stood tall.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

25. - Top - End - #205

After a while of watching everything at the park, and seeing nothing she could do to assist. Jaylyn chose to find Aurora as she might have the answers to a couple questions. Jaylyn started looking for Aurora, asking those around her if they had seen her. After getting pointed in the right direction, Jaylyn walks up to the group and looks at Aurora. "Lady Aurora I have a couple questions on the topic of demons. Do you have a moment to spare?" She said.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

26. - Top - End - #206

RedWizardGuy

At the sight of the food Aurora brought, Markas's stomach began to grumble, "Oh...I ate something small along the way but apparantly I'm hungrier than I thought. So I'm happy to see you yes," he approached the table Lumont set up and took a few cherries and eggs. "I honestly wasn't expecting to have much of an appetite yet, but on the ohter hand, I better build up my strength for what's coming."

When Aurix approached he nodded his gratitude, "Thank you, Aurix, I'm sure they'll be very useful. And I've recently discovered the advantages of ioun stones so I'll definitely accept another when we get a chance...and speaking of getting prepared, since most of everyone is gathered now..." He got another army table and placed it beside the one Lumont set up and he placed his bag of holding on it, pulling out the items he offered yesterday, "Didn't get a chance to share these yesterday but since we're trying to get geared up expecting the worst, I'll offer them again."

Spoiler: items being offered
    Show

A simple-looking gold ring. (Ring of Freedom of Movement)
    A silver ring engraved with a repeating pattern of a shield with a cross. (Ring of Protection +4)
    A gold ring set with 9 garnets. (Ring of Delayed Doom)
    A cloak embroidered with images of falling stars and pale moons. (Cloak of Major Displacement)
    Wand of Haste (50 charges, each charge lasts 5 rounds)
    Wand of Archon's Aura (50 charges, each charge lasts 5 rounds)
    An exceptionally clean, pure-looking dagger in a simple leather sheath. (+4 Neutralizing Dagger)

Then he set up a smaller seperate pile, "And these items have yet to be identified so if anyone wants to do so, it would be a big help."

Spoiler: unidentified items
    Show

A brass bottle with a lead stopper bearing strange runes
    A 1-pound, featureless gray stone, perfectly smooth and flawlessly polished (Unknown ioun stone)
    An exquisitely forged katana in a masterwork sheath.
    A light crossbow with a faintly yellow-green tint along the bolt track.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207

Jaylyn walks over to the items that needed to be Identified, switching to Draconic "I detect the Magic!" then spends the 3 rounds necessary to ID each item.

Spellcraft to ID
    bottle: (1d20+25)[27]
    Ioun stone: (1d20+25)[45]
    Kitana: (1d20+25)[36]
    Light crossbow: (1d20+25)[43]

Jaylyn looks up at the group, 'I don't know what the bottle is...sorry," She said then picked up the orb, "I do know the Orb is Pure Law Orb it grants it's holder moderate deflection versus those of attack from chaotic nature, it also grants the holder a moderate resistant to the effect of any spell of that school, confusion, and polymorph effect. When somebody holds it they can cast the spells 'Detect Chaos' and 'Detect Law' at will. Those of you that follows the law to the letter it grants you the ability to cast 'Dispel Chaos' and 'Arrow of Law' once per day. Don't grab it if you prefer chaos over law, it will drain you while you hold it."

She put down the orb and picked up the Kitana, "This is the 'Blade of the Sword-Saint' it is a moderately enchanted weapon that intensify's those who use Ki. In the hands of a Monk with the ability to snatch arrows or deflect them they can still do it with the sword drawn. they can even use it with the rapid attacking that I've seen monks do." She said.

Putting down the Kitana and grabbing the Crossbow. "This crossbow is enchanted greatly with the ability to put a corrosive acid on the bolts it fires and if you should land a critical strike, it burst with even more corrosive acid on top of that."

Jaylyn puts the Crossbow back down, and looks over the items on both table again. "Thanks, but there is nothing here that would assist me in the up coming battles."
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-10-06 at 07:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear smiled to Ais as she asked her question.

"I would have thought youd figured that out already. Im an Ogre. We can eat anything we get our hands on... short of Stone and Metal. "

While pushing up ramparts He pulls up grass bits and chews before swallowing.
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix raises his hand and says, "Hey, if nobody else who went on this mission is interested in those wands, I'd like to give them to Torilee. I think they'd come in handy!" After this declaration, Aurix's stomach growls audibly. "Dear gods I need to eat! Who's got the food?"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

30. - Top - End - #210

RedWizardGuy

Markas points to the table that Aurora deposited food in which was right next to the table he set up to display his spoils, "Right there champ, about ten feet away," he said a little wryly, "Auroa was kind enough to bring food." He then turned to Jaylyn, "Thank you for looking at these for me. I actually did my retraining with Warrick and Camille to learn the ways of the monk so I think that blade will come in handy for me," he said, taking the blade in hand and moving a few feet off to practice swinging it with his flurry ability, "It's...it's like I've always known how to use this weapon. I think I'll keep it, though it looks like something from your lands, Jaylyn. Wonder how it ended up all the way out here..." he mused.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show