New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Tears of Amber - Main

Geiravor came in for a landing with an audible thud. She scanned the group to see almost everyone was here. "Good... morning, everyone. Good to see the front is still undisturbed. Though that makes me horribly concerned." she said. She reached down to pet Tricey. She sighed.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-10-06 at 07:51 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kest smiled at Aurora and nodded. "Help, I offer. Cure fatigue, I appreciate. Would like to come, though... to keep company. In dark times."

He ate the food in his hands then, preparing to come with Aurora.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

"If they're taking new orders, I will," Aurora told Gorrun, taking the stone and money. "If not, you'll have to pass it to Brynhildr later," she said. "You're welcome to come, Kest, if you want. Jaylyn, can you wait five minutes for that info? I'll give you the basics and then answer questions when I get back, I just want to make sure I get the stone quickly," she said sheepishly. "When I get back, I'll answer questions and eliminate the fatigue of anyone who stayed up, alright?" She waved at Kest to follow and took off at a very brisk trot.

Aistriú opened the bag Umbear had given them. "Handy Haversack, so, it should be fine," the dantheinne said. "Thank you! I appreciate the share of money. I'll definitely inquire about what kind of armor I can commission with this," they said. "I've never been one for instruments though, I'm sorry to say. Always more of a song and dance type. Ah well, it was probably silly to think to bolster an entire army myself anyway. I'll just focus on you guys."

Torilee sat dutifully on the ground some distance away, studying her spellbook.

When Aurora reached Gemstar, the sign indicated they were closed. She rapped on the door, knowing the proprietors lived in the store.
    A dwarven craftsmen tentatively peeked around the corner and looked at the glass door. He looked visibly relieved to see Aurora and gave her a 'one moment' gesture and hurried out of sight. He returned with a pink and green, spherical stone in hand.
    "You came for this, right?" he asked, opening the door a little. When the centaur nodded, he shoved it through the gap and started to close the door.

"Wait!" Aurora said quickly. "The General wishes you to increase this stone's power," she said, holding out Gorrun's stone and the money he'd given her to pay the man.

The dwarf shook his head. "The end is nigh! We're not taking anymore work right now! We don't know if we'll survive the day, why would we waste it on work instead of spending time with our loved ones? No. No, I'm sorry. Unless we know, unless we see that the army has things under control, we're remaining closed!"

Aurora sighed and nodded. "Alright, I understand. I'll see if the castle staff has time to squeeze it in. But if they don't get to it, will you promise to take the job tomorrow, assuming we both live to then? That'll be proof, right?" she asked with a wink.

The dwarf was quiet for a moment and then nodded. "Fine. It's a deal. If we're both alive and the stone still needs work, bring it tomorrow!" He slammed the glass door shut quickly and locked it firmly before hurrying off.

Aurora sighed and looked at Kest. "Well, I suppose that was neither as good nor as bad as I was expecting. I hope the General won't blame him for his fear. Come on, let's head back," she said, setting off at a trot again.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-10-06 at 08:44 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214

Kestejoo followed along, easily keeping up. At the shop, Kest kept watch, making sure no one came upon them unawares.

Perception: (1d20+28)[37]

Then, when Aurora was done, he nodded and followed her again, once more keeping watching as they moved through the city.

Perception: (1d20+28)[46]

Though he spoke little, his eyes were always open.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I...hesitate to call this morning good to be honest, but I think we're well enough to prepare for what's coming," Maraks said, approaching Geiravor slowly, "I did bring some things that may help, but I had something specific in mind for you, your highness. Although I trust all of my friends and allies, I think this would be safest in your hands, and the most useful." He then reached into his bag and handed her a crystal ball.

Spoiler: Celestial
    Show
    "It apparently has the ability to let the user read minds. Something that might make someone go corrupt if they're not careful, but out of all of us, I think you're the least likely to fall to that. Plus it probably can be useful in looking in on the Abyssal forces looking to invade us."
    Festival of Heroes

Markas Fletcher (Male Human Monk):
    bald, approaching middle age, but very fit.

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor took the crystal ball and studied it carefully before storing it in her Handy Haversack. "Thank you, Markas. This will be useful as Helen tries to spin this disaster in her favor. Maybe useful in other ways too." She sheathed her fauchard before hugging Markas. "Thank you for everything you did for her." she said before releasing him and rearming herself.

"Morning, Princess." Brynhildr greeted. The smith hefted around a large sack. "Heroes, gather round! I got some special gear from the armory fer ya! Artifacts of mysterious nature. One per hero and this is a borrowed item. So give it back at some point." the dwarf announced presenting the bag for whoever was interested.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Aistriú made their way over to the food, grabbing two cherries out of a sack, awkwardly squishing them under her arm, and then moving to sit at the edge of the table to eat them.

Aurora arrived back at the group with almost as much haste as promised.
    "Sorry, Gorrun," she said, approaching the shobhad and returning his ioun stone and gold. "They're too frightened to take new orders today. They want to spend what they believe are their 'last moments' with their loved ones. Though I did extract a promise that if we both survived to tomorrow, it would prove we have things under control, and that if your stone still needed work then, they'd do it for you. But Brynhildr is probably going to be faster anyway, if she's not too swamped trying to churn out more gear for your soldiers."
    She took a deep breath and moved to the table to pull off a hunk of bread. She tore off a little piece and chewed slowly, then took a swig of water from her waterskin. She looked around at the others.
    "Alright, here's what I know from experience. On a broad scale, demons tend to be immune to electricity and poison, and resistant to fire, cold, and acid. They're not alive in the way you're familiar with. They don't eat. They don't sleep. They most often speak Abyssal, Infernal and Celestial, if they speak at all. Many don't, communicating instead with telepathy. Most of them are able to summon more of their own kind from the Abyss. And in a situation where we're facing an already-amassed army, that could rapidly become a problem, as the number of forces we face at any given moment could easily double, triple or even quadruple. They are chaotic and unpredictable, and totally evil. Their attacks, whether by tooth or claw or armament, will bear that taint, so if you are vulnerable to injury from evil or chaos, be wary."
    "But since demons are chaotic, they don't tend to form cohesive armies. That means they're likely to be led by devils. Devils are every bit as evil as demons, though they are lawful beings. Their word is their bond. That doesn't mean they'll respect or obey Juvelnord's laws. If they're running an army raiding the Material Plane, they're clearly already pledged to someone, or something. Devils are typically immune to fire and poison, and resistant to acid and cold. They can see in even the deepest darkness. Like demons, they don't need to eat or sleep, speak the same languages, and tend to be telepathic. They are relentless. Their attacks also bear their taint, but I don't think we know anyone who is vulnerable to law, so, the evil part is still the real concern there," the centaur explained.
    "There may be others, but I don't know for sure what to expect."
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-10-06 at 09:36 PM.
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix begins sifting through the artifacts. He is familiar with them, having seen them before when he won the tournament, so many he avoids. He avoids the large holy book and the multiple staves. The shields are tempting, but with the large halberd as his primary weapon, he decided against them. Aurix realizes he has chosen wisely when Gorrun begins examining them. Aurix lets his mind be guided by his instinct and looks for items that appeal to him. After dismissing several, he reaches for a wooden circlet with jagged metal spikes. At his touch, the circlet bursts into flame!

Aurix jumps back, dropping the circlet. It immediately returns to normal. Aurix blinks, kicking himself mentally. "What am I worried about, I'm immune to fire," he mutters to himself. Aurix takes off his current circlet and says to it, "Could you be a necklace for a while?" The item shifts, turning into a necklace, which Aurix puts on. Then he picks up the circlet again and examines it more closely as it spreads a small light over the area. "This...did not do this before." He uses his magic sense to examine its auras and try to think of what it might be.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Auroras news was obviously displeasing to Gorrun.
    His face drew up as he accepted the stone. In his tired state he found restraining his cynicism more difficult than normal. When you expect a wave of evil to wash through your homeland why bother bolstering the wall that stands between it and you? The whole reason I sent it to them is because the Forgemistress and her troop have more to do than they can manage as it is. Cowards. he turns to look at Kest See, it means something.

Gorrun picks up the battle worn wooden shield first, expecting it to magically grow to fit like other prize items had, but it did not. He tried to slide his massive forearm through the strap but it would not fit. Disappointed, he placed it back on the table. Then he lifts the shield emblazoned with the image of the sun. He slides it onto his arm and tightens the strap. His eyes flash white, ever so briefly. The image of Tyr, embossed on either side of his helm began to glow with a golden light and a broad smile swept across his face. The Damned will know my name
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

10. - Top - End - #220

Jaylyn looked over to Markas, "It might be of Kitsune build, but I don't know. I'm not overly knowledgeable in the ways of Kitsune Kitana making. I do know that other Kingdoms make Kitanas." she replied.

Jaylyn nodded as the two centaurs galloped off, "I hope she gets what she needs" she thought. Five minutes later they came back, and Aurora went over her knowledge of demons and devil. Jaylyn nodded grimly, when Aurora finished Jaylyn looked over to her. "Generally speaking, how vulnerable are they to mental magics like Constricting Coils, Insanity, and most importantly Dominate Monster?"

When Brynhildr offered the heroes the artifacts on loan. Jaylyn looked at the Shadowstaff and the Staff of the Magi, but chose to go with the later. "I wonder what makes you tick." she thought, "I might go over to the temple of Diakitsu, to see if I can get help on this staff like they helped me learn bout my other artifact." She said.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"They can't really help it, Gorrun," Aurora sighed. She laid a hand on Kest's elbow.
    "May the Divine Wind restore your vigor," she said.
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 17
    Show
    Lesser Restoration

Then she stepped over to Gorrun and repeated the spell.
    Gorrun and Kest are no longer fatigued.
    Aurora looked at Jaylyn and shrugged apologetically.
    "Sorry Jaylyn, enchantments have never been my thing. Fiends vary a great deal from type to type, but less so from individual to individual. What works on one nabasu should be equally effective on another, barring other factors. But what is effective against a nabasu is not guaranteed to work on a stirge. Some fiends will have great willpower, some will not. But you won't stop an army of fiends by dominating nine or ten of them or however many you could attempt it on. The demons might be easy enough to force to fight against their own kind, but devils would not be so willing to betray their own side. What would you do with a dominated fiend if it survived the battle, anyway? You can't force them to be self-destructive with that kind of magic, so even ordering them to hold still and let someone kill them would fail. 'Constricting Coils' is better, of the two you mentioned, but I have no idea how well it would work."

The centaur moved to inspect the artifacts Brynhildr brought. Three caught her eye. The first a cute little orrery with an actual flame for the sun. Aurora inspected it curiously and gingerly picked it up, and it drifted up to join her other two iouns. She tilted her head to the side, curious at how connected she felt to the Divine Fire while it orbited her head. She grabbed it and set it back on the table and inspected the next thing that caught her eye: an odd little talisman that seemed to defy description. The third item looked like a perfectly ordinary everburning torch, which Aurora found intriguing. She picked it up, and nearly dropped it again in surprise when the flame turned white. She set it back down and it returned to a normal yellow-orange torch flame.
    "Some of these are really quite interesting, even without knowing what they are..." she trailed off as she suddenly spied an elaborately decorated book covered in metal plating, precious jewels, and intricate iconography. She stepped over to it and gingerly opened it, and gasped.
    "Wow, it's written entirely in Celestial... Oh! It's like an encyclopedia of the good-aligned planes and their inhabitants, complete with maps! There's even spells in here! I bet if you spent enough time studying this book, you'd learn a lot about the planes, and probably be able to teleport with pretty good precision just from memorizing these maps. I mean, if teleportation were possible right now. A lot of these spells would take study to be able to use... if I were the type of spellcaster to use a book, I guess. But it does look like there are some spells that can be cast using the book like any other magic item with a few uses of a spell per day. And I think it would enhance the potency of good spells. I know a few... I think I'd like to keep this, though I'm happy to let others read it if you want to!" she said, brown eyes shining with excitement.
    "Torilee! If you study the book, you might be able to copy some of the spells inside it, after a while!"

Torilee glanced up briefly from her spellbook, looking like she hadn't heard much but her name. "Huh? Uh, tell me later, hey? Thanks. Sorry," she mumbled, immersing herself in her own book once more.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun looks to Geiravor This sheild, it compels me to pray. I leave command in your capable hands until my return.

He sets off to the temple of Tyr. He finds the first priest and addresses them. Gothi, I am in need of a prayer room. I have acquired a holy artifact which compels me. Are there any paladins or perhaps even clerics present who could give me a rushed understanding of the spells they use? I believe they'll find me a quick study.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear looks across the artifact with a grim frown. Nothing seems to call out to him. Nothing sparks his interest. He turns to look away. But His neck snaps back. Rather than catch his attention. His peripheral vision pulls his attention back to a common looking cold iron spike. It didn't look like it belonged... Like a single copper piece in a pile of platinum. He reaches for the cold iron spike twirling it between his fingers.

"And what... Or who... Are you?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Aistriú looked at the spike and shuddered. "Keep it away from me! Cold iron and fey don't mix. In fact, it looks a lot like these traps people used to use to capture fey. Lure the fey into a building, drive the spike into the wall, and the fey can't escape without having a strong enough force of will to push past the barrier. 'Dimension Door' and similar doesn't function, either, nor could the fey summon help. Trapped within, the fey feel sick and are unable to do much, making them easy to capture. Though I suppose it would've worked equally well as a repellent, were one so inclined. But that looks a lot heftier and sturdier than the ones I've seen used for fey. So I don't think it's the same thing. But it probably works similarly, and likely on another type of creature vulnerable to cold iron," they said.
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear nodded as ais responded poorly to even looking at it. He slid it into a pocket and nodes again.

" I'll go check a temple to determine which type it might be... If it did that to demons... I think I know the perfect building to drive it into."

Umbear headed to the nearest temple, not having a preference to which god it is. Entering he looks for an attendant.

" I have...9 coupons. And I need to know what this is. And what it does. "

He holds out the coupons for divinations and the iron spike.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Geiravor dug through the bag and found what looked like a torch made of electrum. She took the torch in hand and immediately it emitted a white and gold flame, startling her enough to drop the torch. She groaned at her foolishness and took up the torch again and pulled it from the bag, holding it up triumphantly. "I don't know what this is, but it feels right." she said.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix shuts his eyes tight and quickly shifts back to regular vision. The evocation and conjuration auras on the circlet are overwhelmingly bright! The item bursts into flame, but Aurix doesn't think they're responding to his nature as a golden dragon, or it would have before. The biggest change since then was his rise as a Paladin, and that might explain this. Aurix tentatively puts the circlet of jagged metal on his head. It turns into a brightly spinning halo of flame. "Well, it'll be pretty much impossible for me to hide now! But somehow, I think it'll be worth it." Glowing brightly, Aurix readies himself to face the demon armies.
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

The priest at the Temple of Tyr bowed to Gorrun.
    "I am sorry, we have no paladins in residence currently. They have been called away to prepare for war with the Abyss. We do have a few books that may be of use to you. They are in the alcove down that hall," he pointed with his entire arm, "on the way to the private prayer rooms. You may avail yourself at your leisure, General. I have little personal experience with artifacts, but I have heard stories. I believe if the item compels you to pray, then you will find Tyr offering you guidance himself when you do so. But please do help yourself to books if you like."

The priest at the temple Umbear entered shrugged and took one of the coupons.
    "Divination, you said? Very well. It will take ten minutes."

Ten minutes later, he returned with a note, bowed, and handed it to Umbear before turning and strolling off, seeming indifferent.
    Spoiler: Note
    Show
    Ancient forgecraft
    Maleficus Spike
    Protected building to draft
    Drive in the wall with mighty strike

Cold iron without
    Adamantine within
    Doors and stone become more stout
    Repel outer evil and their kin

The structure heals itself in time
    But not what faults that already exist
    Artifact retains power until the chime
    Twenty four hours it will desist

Arcane magic holds the charge
    One level per hour must be given
    No more than twenty four may you discharge
    No matter how great your ambition

The evil without may still get in
    With great tenacity of will
    They may still be able to threaten
    But be much easier to kill

Locked to this dimension they become
    No friends to aid them can be called
    To great illness they will succumb
    And with injuries be stalled

Unless their will is very great
    You will find it easy to prevail
    Make a haven safe estate
    Every day to protect the frail
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #229

RedWizardGuy

"Ah, thank you Jaylyn. I learned something new today." Markas replied to the Kitsune concerning his new katana.

"Helen?" Markas racked his brain for a moment when the princess mentioned that name, "OH the victim of the unfortunate bird poop incident!" Markas laughed, "Tried to help her, but I guess I made things worse. I didn't know she was a political enemy of yours though. I'll watch myself if I ever encounter her again." Markas blushed a little at Geiravor's affection, more because it surprised him than anything. He hugged her back softly, "Now what we can do for her is make sure our actions in these coming battles justify her faith in all of us."

Markas finished the eggs and cherries he got from the table, then smiled and gently patted Ais on the back as greeting before listening intently to Aurora's treitise on demons and devils, making note of their strengths and noting they have few weaknesses. These will be exceptionally difficult enemies to battle.

He then joined the other heroes to examine the items Brynhildr offered to lend them. The only weapon that seemed usable by the monk was the Shadowstaff so he examined it first, taking a few practice swings. After putting it down, he picked up the Talisman of Pure Good to see what happens if anything. Then he put on the Ring of Nine Facets to see if its effects were any better than his current rings. He looked at its different colors

"Okay...so I felt strange with this staff, like I wasn't completely 'here.' I also felt weaker than normal so that's a no on that. I don't know what the talisman did, I didn't feel any different. This ring though...it seems special..."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-10-07 at 07:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear nods and makes sure to look at the holy symbols of the temple on his way out.

(1d20+20)[36] Knowledge Religon to ID the God

He returns to the group in the park, the spike twirling in his hand.

"So... Spike.... put into a place.... makes it like holy ground for undead.... cept it hurts and nausiates evil outsiders. Could use it to make a haven for people in the city..... or.... put it into the East Tower. If the Tower is the source of their entry into the city, it will weaken the demons as they enter the city. "
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2017-10-07 at 07:06 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #231

RedWizardGuy

Markas focused on the ring, noticing the indigo facet immediately next to the green one...
    Wis check (1d20+4)[23]
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun hefts an armload of books pertaining to Paladin spell casting and continues to the prayer room. He flips through the pages writing down spells that seem like they would be useful in the coming battle. As he does this he mumbles prayers to Tyr for guidance. (If he feels Tyrs influence, he immediately stops what he's doing and allows himself to be led.) After selecting spells he is comfortable with he spends an hour in deep prayer asking Try to grant him the use of these spells against the hordes of coming hellspawn.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix approaches Markas. "Here- Brynhildr finished up your mana crystal ioun stone. It also increases your strength slightly, in a way that stacks with normal equipment. You should meditate with the ioun stone as soon as possible."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #234

RedWizardGuy

"Okay so this ring's effect changes depending on which part is shiniest," Markas commented out loud, "earlier it made me immune to diseases, which I already am, but when I concentrated and the gem changed, I feel like I don't need to breathe, at the same time, when the gem changed I think it left a small bruise. Nothing I can't handle though, but I bet it's not a good idea to force it to change too often. I guess I'll borrow this for now." He pocketed the ring for now, putting on his other rings so their magic would be the ones currently in effect.

"wow that was fast!" Markas exclaimed, "thanks to you both," he shook Aurix's and Brynhidr's hands with a little enthusiasm. "Oh! You wanted these for Torilee," Markas reminded himself picking out the wands, "here you go my friend l hope she gets good use of them I guess I better get started on attuning these crystals you gave me." addressing the other heroes he added, "if anyone needs me, I'll be at the Training area Getting to work on these crystals."
    Last edited by paladin_artea; 2017-10-08 at 07:23 AM.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235

Jaylyn looked at the artifact staff in her left hand, closed her eyes and sighed before looking back up at the remaining heroes. "I need everybody here's advice, I been doing some thinking and I've come up with three options bout this staff. I can go to the Temple of Diakitsu and have a divination done on it like I did with the Magpie on my shoulder. I fear asking her to help me three times in two weeks, I don't want to bring the wrath of gods on me or Varrock. I could return the staff and go without it, as bring an unknown artifact into battle could as bad if not worse then not having it at all. Finally I could do something extremely stupid and attempt to activate it blindly and hope that whatever effects it has doesn't do any real harm to anybody or anything...so what is every bodies thoughts on this?" Jaylyn asked looking at each person here.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

26. - Top - End - #236

When the artifacts are offered up, Kest doesn't feel he has any right to them. He hangs back for a bit, watching as the heroes and their champion sort through the artifacts, talking about the effects and what use each item gives. As he hangs back, he feels an almost kind of pull towards the artifacts. Slowly, carefully, he picks his way closer, curiosity getting the better of him. The pull leads him to an amulet of red and gold crystal. Staring at the item, he slowly reaches out and picks it up. Though he knows nothing of this amulet, it's like he needs it, after just picking it up once. Swallowing heavily, he glances over towards Aurora, to see if she - or any of the heroes - will tell him to put the artifact down.

The fear of rejection is not assuaged by the distracted heroes. He already feels like he shouldn't be wearing the vest or using the bow - Gorrun already called him out on it after all - but the amulet... he feels like he should have it - or at least borrow it.

Swallowing again, he decides he needs to know it's powers first, before putting it on.

He makes his way over to Bryn, hoping that she would know what the item does. "Excusing me... questions I have... this... does what?"

27. - Top - End - #237

RedWizardGuy

Markas arrived at Warrick's training grounds and found a nice place to sit cross-legged, taking out the gifts Aurix gave him. He began to meditate, holding the two mana crystals, one in each hand...

Spoiler: if he has more time
    Show
    He also meditates with the ioun stone gifted to him by Aurix and Brynhildr

Spoiler: if he has even more time after that
    Show
    He opens his Tome of Understanding and begins to study it.
    Festival of Heroes

The Lily Blooms

Andariel Evergreen

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Jaylyn, considering the circumstances, I suspect your god will understand. But if you're still worried, you can always ask Erastil! Just tell them I sent you."

Aurix takes the wands from Markas gratefully. "Torilee, these are for you. I think they'll come in handy," Aurix says.
    Last edited by Andrew Markham; 2017-10-08 at 12:55 PM.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Umbear looks to the Tower.

"Aurix.... has anyone seen if the inside of the east tower has changed?"

He looks back to Aurix, and then to the iron spike in his hands.

"Im gonna go secure the proposed entry point."

Umbear begins to move toward the East Tower.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora tucked her book in her bag and looked up at the tower contemplatively, frowning slightly. She pulled out her bow to have it in hand, just in case.

Torilee glanced up from her spellbook and smiled, accepting the wands and tucking them in pockets on her cloak. Then she went back to studying.
    Show

Show